Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross Trainers - March 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230518)

fanofladyvols 03-17-21 08:12 PM

Carol that's great information...thank you! The only other question I'd have is whether the m/w/f workouts are new every week or whether they're the same for the month. If you can nd up subscribing, please share!

Donna I wish we didn't do DST and that we would just pick a time. One of the guys I follow says to do what you are doing...do more when you have the energy...do less when you don't. That really resonated with me and I have been following it as I pick my workouts.

Dana lol, you're not lazy. I do think it defeats the benefit of a specific rotation to move things around. But you're right, it's not like it can't be done.

Today was Taebo total advanced #4. I went all vintage vhs and loved the steady state cardio for 60 minutes. They sure don't make them like that anymore!

Hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day!! :cool:

txhsmom 03-18-21 07:29 AM

Blizzard day workouts were

Workout Hotel - Lower Body Dumbbell Burner - 20 minutes; Senior Shape - Stretching Exercises for Bedtime - 13 minutes

as well as shoveling spots for the dogs. They were right about the weather - we had about 8 inches of heavy, wet snow and lots of wind yesterday. Quite a few roads were closed and power lines were down, but thankfully no power issues at my house. By noon-ish the sun was out and the melt began. It's supposed to be back up in the 50s today, so the melt will continue. We needed the moisture, so it's all good.

Karen's Lower Body Dumbbell Burner was quick and did a good job of hitting the lower body. I'm sore today, more from the workout than from shoveling. It used dumbbells (medium to heavy) and a band. This was mostly standing workout but did have some floor work at the end.

The Senior Shape stretching routine was new this week - it was very relaxing - lovely piano music and quiet classical music. A really nice stretch!

Dana - Karen has a workout scheduled for every day of the month.

Linda - the only repeated workouts I saw on the calendar were on Sundays - she repeated a stretching workout twice and a short ab routine twice to cover the 4 Sundays in the month. There is a new YouTube routine every Saturday and a new exclusive live workout every Wednesday. The other longer workouts (on Mondays and Fridays) appear to be repeats of earlier live workouts from past months - does that make sense? And oh my goodness, you have a new avatar!

If I had a complaint about Karen's workouts, it would be that sometimes she moves so quickly to get her loop band on that she has already started the exercise while I'm still fumbling with mine. But there's always the pause button. Music is not good either - it's just stuff on a loop. But I have loved everything else - for me, it's the best of both fusion and strength.

Carol

Usia 03-18-21 07:38 AM

Good morning!

Define & Align Cardio Strength - 30m. I really liked this workout!
Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30min.

Linda, I like your new avatar! :)

Carol, this morning I saw on the WX Channel Wednesday's snow in Amarillo. Ugh! Looked like what we had on Monday except we also had ice. Thanks for the info about Karen's schedule. I too struggle with putting these bands on quickly. Sometimes I just don't bother.

It's very windy and rainy here today but temps are in the 40s so all's good.

Gotta run to the office today. I'm hoping to do Travis' Fundamentals later. We'll see.

Waves to Donna, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!

donnamp 03-18-21 08:42 AM

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday DD and I walked outdoors w/ our Golden. It was chilly and damp, but manageable. Today it is raining, so no outdoor walk.

This morning, so far, has been:

CocoLime Fitness - Low Impact Easy Walk & Tone - I wanted to try this one b/c it is all music, no cueing. I like her stuff, but I often feel that I'm left wanting more...I don't necessarily want to kill myself working out, but I also want to feel that I worked out - at least a little bit. And, this one was sort of a miss forme.

CocoLime Fitness - 20 Min Tone and Stretch - this was somewhat interesting some body weight toning moves that also included a stretch component. I think the jury on CocoLime Fitness for me is that I enjoy the strength workouts more than the cardio workouts.

Senior Shape - 10 Min Stretch. I thought of Senior Shape after CocoLime, I really do need to come back and explore more of this channel.

I may try to get something else in later today...but I have a lot of meetings - Maybe an indoor walk.

I'm short on time, so no time for personals!

But rambling thoughts --- I want to do a more structured rotation for April but I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm toying with Jessica's WS 1.0, a Gilad 21 day rotation (maybe that would be a good place to start, 21 days as opposed to 30!!)...just not sure what I want to focus on but not having a plan sort of leads me to waste a lot of time trying to figure out what to do. I think it doesn't necessarily matter what I do as long as I pick something and stick to it. Caroline Jordan is putting out workout calendars now - but have never done any of her workouts...maybe time to try one.

oh - and if you couldn't tell, Trifecta fell off my radar, so I am not subscribing again.

Anyway....waves, everyone - at least it is Friday Eve!

Donna

txhsmom 03-19-21 06:55 AM

Thursday's workout was

Workout Hotel - Upper Body, Abs and Back - 23 minutes

This was a challenging workout for me. About the first half was standing and the remainder was on the floor using gliders. I'm pretty sore this morning, but I guess that could be left over from shoveling snow.

Sad it is Friday. My Spring Break week flew by and I didn't get any work done that I needed to do.

Carol

donnamp 03-19-21 08:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen's Upper Body Blast
Jessica Valent - Lowe Body Blast

It is funny, I didn't realize the similarities in the titles until I typed them out here.

I enjoyed both workouts.

I'm thinking for April of following Jessica V's calendar - it will give me some structure but also some flexibility.

Carol - I'm sorry your break is ending...

Waves everyone!

Donna

txhsmom 03-20-21 08:06 AM

Just stopping by to say hello. No workout for me yesterday - I was lazy.

Carol

donnamp 03-20-21 08:18 AM

Hi,

Today I went back to Trifecta Pilates and did:

Basic Weights Workout - which was a standing Pilates inspired workout w/ weights (20 min)

Primary Pilates Flow - a more beginner class....(22 min)

I enjoyed both....

Planning an outdoor walk for later since the weather is so nice.

Carol - nothing wrong w/ being lazy once in awhile!

Happy Saturday -

Donna

fanofladyvols 03-20-21 08:51 AM

Donna that's great you have a framework!

Carol lol, I don't think you were lazy. Sounds to me like you took a well deserved rest day.

I took an unplanned rest day as well.

Healthy wishes to everyone!!

Usia 03-20-21 09:43 AM

Good morning! :sun:

D&A Barre Burn. I really enjoyed this class and time flew. I'm always amazed how much Karen can pack into 30 minutes. I really liked the ab work at the end. Creative and covered all areas with just enough reps to be effective without being boring.

Turbo Fire Fire Class 30. Crazy class with frenetic energy but fun! :D I don't know what made me pick it today.

LOL Carol! Nothing wrong with being "lazy". We all need days like that.

Since our weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 50s today, I've been plotting to devise a sneaky plan to make my dh join me for a walk outside. He's not a fan of exercise in any form. If he doesn't fall for it, I'll just go by myself.

Donna, are you thinking of subscribing to Trifecta again?

Hi to Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!