Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

Jules 02-15-21 02:52 PM

Howdy! I have today off for President's Day and I have been enjoying it! I did a little research on how to do side crow pose and I was finally able to figure it out! This video helped a ton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OGLHSBnlX3A

This morning I did BodyShred: Zenith. This is the most challenging workout of the series for me. I followed up with Ultimate Yogi: Detox. I will do a round of Shovel Max this afternoon.

On Saturday I did BodyCombat and Shovel Max. Sunday was Flexibility & Beyond: Splits.

I am very pleased with how much flexibility I have gained in the past 5 months of practicing yoga on an almost daily basis. I definitely plan to keep it up! I still have some hip/hamstring tendonitis and I ordered a percussion massager on sale from Costco last week. Hopefully it will help speed the healing process.

Malinda: Your farmhouse sounds lovely - super cozy and homey.

Kim: Amy B's choreo scares me! :eek: Glad you got it down easily.

Kate: It has warmed up above zero here - hope it is warmer for you too! Did you find anything good on Gaia Yoga?

Mickey12 02-15-21 03:31 PM

Jules I envy your flexibility gains. I definitely need to do more yoga. I hate it when I feel tight and I've been feeling that way a lot. :p

Malinda 02-15-21 03:58 PM

I hope all the FitChicks are staying warm! We got about 5 inches of snow last night! No ShovelMax needed, but I am having to wear my boots to trudge out to the coop and care for my chickens -- I'm changing out their water every few hours because it freezes up pretty quickly. They are being very sweet hostesses and letting the little backyard birds hang out in the coop with them.

We are having rolling blackouts, but not too bad -- the power goes down for about 15 minutes every two hours. We just aren't used to these single digit temps in my neck of the woods!

Workouts:

Saturday - Turbo Fire Greatest HIITS
Sunday - Triple Wave Pyramid with DH for our Valentine's Day workout
Today - I'm calling it an unplanned rest day

Great job on the workouts, everyone!

Mickey12 02-15-21 06:24 PM

Malinda I'm sorry you're having such terrible weather and the rolling blackouts don't sound fun at all. Your poor chickens! The chickens up here in Pennsylvania are used to the cold. Funny how they are hosting the birds in their coop. :heart: I hope you get some relief from the cold soon.

Jules inspired me to do some yoga today. I chose Travis Elliot Crosstrain from the Level Up 108 program. It was really nice, just enough strength, just enough stretch. :love:

Have a great night everyone.

KateTT 02-16-21 10:52 AM

The frigid weather bottomed out over the weekend. Was -22 on Sat and Sun and Mon morning and -16 today when I got up. Finally supposed to break today. We are going to be near 130 hours STRAIGHT of below zero temps!!! :0

Yesterday I did Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump Scrambled Mix. New to me and wicked good!! That one alternates lower and upper. Next time I may do the longest mix that scrambles and adds in the core work. Totally feeling it today, especially my glutes and calves. Made all the stepping today a challenge.
It surprised me how light Cathe goes as LITE is supposed to be low impact, not low weight. So I bumped it up to my usual. Sure do love my Plate Mates!

Today was Cathe's Cardio Fusion!!!! I had so much dread over this one, thinking it was going to be killer hard and too hard to follow. Fun stuff and although I got a wee bit lost on a combo or two, once they are all put together is fantastic. I was dripping and had so much fun (we're the kids in America...whoa-oh)!

My legs sure got tired though, especially from yesterday's workout. Can you say sore calves?

Jules: WELL DONE on your Yoga! It saved my life. Not just for the flexibility but for the peace of mind.

Kim: You guys sure got dumped on. We got the cold but hardly any snow on the ground.

Malinda: Where are you? East coast?

Keep up the great work you girls!!! Fit and Fab! :sun:

Mickey12 02-16-21 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateTT (Post 2912341)
The frigid weather bottomed out over the weekend. Was -22 on Sat and Sun and Mon morning and -16 today when I got up. Finally supposed to break today. We are going to be near 130 hours STRAIGHT of below zero temps!!! :0

Yesterday I did Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump Scrambled Mix. New to me and wicked good!! That one alternates lower and upper. Next time I may do the longest mix that scrambles and adds in the core work. Totally feeling it today, especially my glutes and calves. Made all the stepping today a challenge.
It surprised me how light Cathe goes as LITE is supposed to be low impact, not low weight. So I bumped it up to my usual. Sure do love my Plate Mates!

Today was Cathe's Cardio Fusion!!!! I had so much dread over this one, thinking it was going to be killer hard and too hard to follow. Fun stuff and although I got a wee bit lost on a combo or two, once they are all put together is fantastic. I was dripping and had so much fun (we're the kids in America...whoa-oh)!

My legs sure got tired though, especially from yesterday's workout. Can you say sore calves?

Jules: WELL DONE on your Yoga! It saved my life. Not just for the flexibility but for the peace of mind.

Kim: You guys sure got dumped on. We got the cold but hardly any snow on the ground.

Malinda: Where are you? East coast?

Keep up the great work you girls!!! Fit and Fab! :sun:

Just popping in to say Malinda is in central Texas!!!!! TEXAS and it's that cold!!! OMG!

KateTT 02-18-21 10:54 AM

Hi all!

Yesterday was Katami 4x4 I Am Warrior 2. These are for sure getting harder. And this one has a very strong core focus with lots of plank work. Even the cardio was kind of "core-y". I sure like Paul's personality. I was tempted to pick up his 4x4x2 workout but I REALLY need to keep working through other new/untried workouts.

Today I did Les Mills on Demand Body Step 120! Thirty years of Body Step!! OMG fun! Not killer hard, lots of options, lots of fun new moves and choreo that I could totally do. I like Cathe's step workouts a lot, but I don't have to think much with Body Step. Sweaty mess! Mark and Lisa and one other gal. No audience yet but a really nice new stage and backdrop. This is one of my favorite BS workouts.

Hope everyone is making it through all the bad weather, no matter where you are! Climate change anyone?

Jules 02-18-21 07:43 PM

Hiya! I've been busy doing Shovel Max lately, but got a little reprieve today. This morning I did BodyShred: Zenith + Travis Short & Sweet #2. I also decided to do a short cardio after work: Cathe"s 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step.

Yesterday I did a 60 minute Spin from Studio Sweat - Clubbin' Party Cycle. After work I did an hour of Shovel Max.

Tuesday was BodyShred: Apex + Flexibility & Beyond + 90 minutes Shovel Max.

Kate: BodyStep 120 sounds like fun! I will have to give it a go.

Malinda: How are the chickens doing? Are you still having rolling blackouts?

Kim: Level Up Crosstrain is tough! Good one!

Linda: Hope all is well with you!

Mickey12 02-18-21 09:02 PM

Jules I love those Travis Short and Sweet practices. He really packs a lot in for 30 minutes.

Tonight I did the Flexibility practice from Level Up 108. Another good one. I forget about those because they're downloads. I'm so stuck on DVDs that I never think about my downloaded workouts.

Malinda I hope you and your husband, cats and chickens are staying warm. :heart: And I hope the blackouts have stopped.

Have a great night, everyone.

Jules 02-20-21 03:50 PM

Hello Weekend Warriors! Yesterday I did BodyShred: Apex + Yoga 30 for 30: Gentle. Today I did 40 minutes of Cathe's Low Max and Flexibility & Beyond: Bliss.

I decided that BodyShred is a wrap. :sun: I was going to do the final 2 workouts next week, but my knees have started aching - especially my left knee. I am sure it is from all the below parallel squats and one-legged plyo moves in the last 2 BodyShred workouts, and I don't want to end up injured.

I am very pleased with my results from BodyShred. I lost 10 pounds and 3% body fat according to my Aria scale. I am not at my goal weight yet, but I hope to be there by Easter! :p

I am going to listen to my body and do some lower impact workouts for a week or two before I start up a Ripped with HiiT rotation.

Kim: I really like Level Up: Flexibility too. It might be my fave of the series. :heart: