Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

Malinda 01-29-21 06:30 PM

Happy Friday, y'all!

Linda - Yes, 12 years - I'm just doing a few months at a time, but it has been a very fun trip down memory lane. I write other events down on that calendar sometimes, so it's not just workouts. I love that you have a Shred Shed! Very clever!

Jules - You are really making me want to investigate Body Shred! But I'm determined to stick with MBF & MBFA for the next few weeks. No shiny objects for me. Darn it.

Workouts:

Thurs - Breathless Body with DH - he's BACK! We hit it HARD. Loved it!

Fri - MBF Day 4 - Cardio Core or something like that. I repeated the AMRAP at the end to get a little more oomph. These workouts really go by fast for me; probably because they aren't killer hard.

Kate and Kim - I hope all is well with you!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Mickey12 01-30-21 12:00 PM

Malinda I agree, 12 years of workouts is an enormous project! Wow! I bet it’s fun to look back though. And I loved reading about your workout time with your husband. It’s so heartwarming and it’s fantastic that you guys share such an incredibly healthy hobby. Go you! :D

Jules how has the school and COVID situation been going? I have heard that the schools have turned out not to be a source of spreading. Has it calmed down in your area?

Linda I have turned my attention away from buying any mats at the moment. I enjoy the browsing part of shopping and sometimes I don’t have to actually make a purchase to feel happy. But the next time a thread pops up about something new and pretty I will be all over it. :love:

Yesterday I did the double cardio portion of Cathe’s 4 Day split. It’s been years since I did it and the cuing was a little late. Not a huge deal but the last combo in each section had me doing my own thing. :p It was still a lot of fun. It was a Fun Friday workout from the Watulan checkin.

Hope every has a great weekend. The sun is shining bright today, blue sky and a little bit of snow on the ground. It’s GORGEOUS but really cold. I am admiring it from inside. If it wasn’t so cold I would be suggesting a walk with my husband.

Jules 01-30-21 04:21 PM

Howdy! I did Cathe's Step Blast today - so much fun! Tomorrow I will do one of the Flexibility & Beyonds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim
How has the school and COVID situation been going? I have heard that the schools have turned out not to be a source of spreading. Has it calmed down in your area?
It is going ok. At the elementary school where I work about 10% of students and staff have officially tested positive this school year. All grades are kept separated from each other so if there is an outbreak in one class the entire class is quarantined. Currently there are 5 new cases and 3 classes in quarantine.

At the high school my daughter attends about 7% of students have tested positive and about 15% of staff. There are some asymptomatic cases for sure. They are not able to keep grades separated in high school, but they are much more strict with the mask policy.

The masks along with disinfecting are truly working and are what is keeping our schools open. Our new governor is talking about dropping the mask mandate soon and I am worried because he also moved teachers down the vaccination list. It sounds like the earliest we might get vaccinated is mid-May. I hope our local schools will still require masks through the end of the school year!

Mickey12 01-30-21 07:29 PM

Jules . I hope they keep the mask policy too. I have a hard time understanding the decisions of the policy makers sometimes. Everything seems so contradictory. I’m glad things are going ok for you.

fanofladyvols 01-30-21 08:24 PM

Kim I understand that completely..I look forward to hearing what you may find ;)

Jules those stats sound as good as you can hope for. I'm glad things are ok.

Malinda I'm so glad you got to work out with your husband again on your traditional Workout..that's awesome!

I have so many workouts I planned to do but I am still having fun with my kettlebells and learning from Lauren. I even practice during dead moments without the bell and watching her demos going through the motions. Today I did a Kettlebell class online, continued the squat challenge today and some mobility.
If there one thing I will borrow from this experience and adopt into my regular lifting it is this practice of doing mobility exercises in between sets. Lauren does that in all the workouts I have done with her.

I had already been doing that before and after workouts. But I'm thinking I'd rather eliminate a set to accommodate the time a few mobility exercises might take. This is totally in keeping with my resilience theme.

Waves to Kate and fist bumps all around!

Mickey12 01-30-21 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2910054)
Kim I understand that completely..I look forward to hearing what you may find ;)

Jules those stats sound as good as you can hope for. I'm glad things are ok.

Malinda I'm so glad you got to work out with your husband again on your traditional Workout..that's awesome!

I have so many workouts I planned to do but I am still having fun with my kettlebells and learning from Lauren. I even practice during dead moments without the bell and watching her demos going through the motions. Today I did a Kettlebell class online, continued the squat challenge today and some mobility.
If there one thing I will borrow from this experience and adopt into my regular lifting it is this practice of doing mobility exercises in between sets. Lauren does that in all the workouts I have done with her.

I had already been doing that before and after workouts. But I'm thinking I'd rather eliminate a set to accommodate the time a few mobility exercises might take. This is totally in keeping with my resilience theme.

Waves to Kate and fist bumps all around!

Linda what do you mean by mobility exercises? What sort of exercises are they?

fanofladyvols 01-30-21 08:54 PM

Kim If I can find examples I will update this post with links for names of things that might not be clear but here they are:

Unweighted good mornings https://youtu.be/jVXYOdZywKM

Unweighted half get ups with high bridge https://youtu.be/UzJLGohjX7A

Cat cow

Bird dog

Windmills https://youtu.be/KW1gjgs-AGk

Windshield wipers

Hip circles go to minute 2:17 https://youtu.be/F57hMlShKhk

Low squats arms extended holding box to help get lower

Figure 4 stretch

Shoulder dislocates flossing with resistance band https://youtu.be/2Yvkc77evN0

Band halos

Pedaling down dog

Much more but you get the idea you are going through the joint range of motion to release any tension that has accumulated. You feel really fresh and strong for the next set ...Do different variations of these in between sets depending on what you are exercising...so good. :)

Mickey12 01-31-21 08:07 PM

Thanks Linda, those were excellent examples. Now I know what you mean.

Jules 02-02-21 07:06 PM

Hey Ladies! Very rainy day here today - Hopefully it is snowing on the ski hills!

Kim - Did you get a lot of snow in the storm out east?

Yesterday I did BodyShred: Conquer + Level Up: Upper Body Yin. I decided the "duck walks" are too hard on my knees and did walking lunges instead.

Today I did BodyShred: Triumph + Short & Sweet Yoga #2. I upped my weights today and my calorie burn was slightly higher. Fun workout!

Tomorrow is my cardio day and I plan to revisit Les Mills The Trip #20. :love:

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl this weekend. I don't really care which team wins - just hope it is an exciting game. I am gonna take the day off from my diet. :yummy:

KateTT 02-03-21 12:58 PM

Drive by hello. Sorry for being MIA. My days are busier lately. I'll be back! :D