Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   High heels we can wear?? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=50554)

josephine 06-05-04 06:53 AM

High heels we can wear??

Good morning everyone,

I basically wear shoes that are comfortable and wearable but I was going through my arsenal of shoes and I am tired of the Birkenstock, Dansko, Merrell look. I do not own one pair of heels; now mind you I do not want Manolo's (sp?) or Jimmy Choo's. In fact I don't understand how celebrities can walk and dance around in those things. I baby my knees so those are out!

But, that fact of the matter is I would like to wear something feminine but not fatal. Is there a brand of shoe that carries a moderate heel or even flats that are stylish and not orthopedic looking? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Someone at work suggested Easy Spirit but I went to their store yesterday and did not really like any of the styles. I like Dansko's but they are mostly open toe and I have ugly toes :o

Thanks guys & hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,
Jo

suzannaerin 06-05-04 09:06 AM

Aersoles makes some fairly comfortable heels. I like the ones that have a higher vamp so the part of your foot close to your toes doesn't get pinched (i.e, no toe cleavage for me). Check out their website---great sales every so often (www.aerosoles.com). Also, Naturalizer has some comfortable heels, but I have to order a half size down because the shoes seem to run big.

I have some europrean shoes that are heels which I got at a local "comfort" shoe store---very stylish & comfortable but pretty expensive. Can't remember the brand, though.

Jeanne Marie 06-05-04 11:27 AM

I second the suggestion for Aerosoles! They are my favorite brand of shoes. I wear their sandals and their high heels, and without fail, each and every pair is as comfortable as it can be.

Go to their website www.aerosoles.com and check out their selection. Their new "Signature Line" has some really pretty dressy shoes if that's what you're interested in.

josephine 06-05-04 05:51 PM

Thansks guys, I didn't know aerosoles made such cute shoes. I went to Dillard's today and really didn't find anything noteworthy. I tried on a pair of Josef Siebels mules and they were so comfortable but I own a ton of clog type shoes so I exercised restraint!

Thanks,
Jo

Lucysql 06-05-04 09:48 PM

Add'l info re: Easy Spirit

Easy Spirit is also available in department stores, and for reasons that I don't understand they seem to put the cute styles in the department stores and limit their own stores to the clunky and vaguely orthopedic styles. Can't imagine why! So before you give up on ES, check out the department stores.

There's a very pricey brand--Taryn Rose--created by a doctor--they're not my taste but you might consider them. I've seen them at Nordstrom's.

I too love Aerosoles--and they have lots of cute styles.

You might also take a look at Born and Franco Sarto. I think some of Born's loafers are cute and not clunky (I have a black pair with ivory contrast stitching and flat leather tassels)--and incredibly comfortable. I walked several miles in them non-stop on city pavement on vacation and my feet could have kept going. Franco Sarto has dressier sandals and loafers (not sure about pumps), but with lower, and wider heels.

If you can't find things locally, check out zappos.com (my new favorite--has great search capabilities) and/or shoes.com.

kathiez 06-06-04 03:59 AM

I hear you. Out of all of the shoes that I own (which is a lot) I have only a few pair of (low) heels. They are from Easy Spirit and Hush Puppies, which has some cute syles that are very comfortable. http://www.marylandsquare.com has lots of selection of comfortable vs crippling shoes. Also try Nordstrom's on-line - they have an incredible selection including Easy Spirit, Aerosoles and Hush Puppies. Nordstrom also makes their own line of shoes which I think are geared toward comfort.

josephine 06-06-04 11:42 AM

You are right about Easy Spirit, I went out of my way to find a ES store and they only carried the clunky, yucky shoes. I will have to look for them in a department store.

I was on-line last night surfing around and Birkenstock has a "Architect" line which seemed a little more fashion oriented versus clunky and orthopedic. I also inevitable went to dansko.com and checked out their new line. I do like Born but the current offerings at Dillard's are all summer thong flip-flop type shoes. Maybe in the fall they will have more styles. I really liked the Josef Siebel line and boy were they comfortable but very pricey.

I am going to go to Nordstroms.com since we do not have a store here and see what they have.

Thanks,
Jo

Renae 06-06-04 05:56 PM

Aerosoles has some VERY cute styles right now. I just bought 2 pair for work. They are soooooo comfy, not at all like my other dress shoes which kill my feet. I got the boogie woogies in black--granted, I don't work in an office that requires corporate attire, but I do have to dress nicely. So I have a little leeway--which is why I got these. I absolutely adore them--they are so cute, and they are super comfy.

Lynne11 06-08-04 04:27 PM

Naot is a line of shoes very similar to Birkenstock (i.e., cork footbed that molds to the shape of your own foot) but a lot cuter IMO. They mostly have flats, but they do offer a few high-heel styles of sandals and boots. I have 4 pairs of sandals (wearing them right now) and one pair of really bitchin boots. www.leathersandals.com or you can also find them in nicer retail stores.

Waterbabie 06-08-04 05:08 PM

I had on a cute pair of wedge sandals from Naturalizer today. They looked something like these http://www.naturalizeronline.com/sho...als&PID=ariana

So comfy and I *never* wear heels.

Naturalizer still makes 'grandma' shoes but they have some cute offerings as well.