Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   April 2023 Add 'em up Habits & Goals Challenge ~Join us! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=234103)

Vantreesta 03-21-23 07:52 PM

April 2023 Add 'em up Habits & Goals Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals and developing habits to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily habits work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!

Vantreesta 03-21-23 07:53 PM

Vannie's April Goals & Habits

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency. Mental fortitude.

Goals for 2023
1. Prioritize sleep
2. Reestablish and maintain a consistent workout routine
3. Make smarter food choices with a focus on cutting back on sugar
4. Get back to church attendance and Bible study
5. Read for 23 minutes every day

April Habits to work on to support my goals:
1. Get up no later than 8:00 AM on weekdays (EC for every 15 minutes before 8)
2. No skipping lunch
3. No eating after 10 PM
4. No eating sweets immediately after meals (wait at least 30 min, trying to break a trigger)
5. Workout 70% of the days (21 days)
6. PT exercises 2 days/week
7. Meet weekly minutes goals (10 pts--EC for every half hour beyond goal)
8. Attend church when home (10 pts; 5 if I just watch online)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. 4 miles a day with Cyric

Max possible points: 219 (7.3 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 197 (6.6 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Apr 1-2 pts (out of avg 15) ~ %
Apr 3-9 pts (out of avg 51) ~ %
Apr 10-16 pts (out of avg 51) ~ %
Apr 17-23 pts (out of avg 51) ~ %
Apr 24-30 pts (out of avg 51) ~ %

total for the month: /219 ~ %

Leonana 03-23-23 09:59 AM

Here!

Healthier eating as usual, less sweets and smaller portions. I did a bit better last month, but need to do better.

Workouts are a shorter strength workout with two recovery days. Cardio is walking at work. Hopefully a stretch on the weekend.

Catahoula Cate 03-23-23 06:10 PM

Daily for 1 pt each.
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. Declutter
4. dvd, youtube or walk
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Gratitude Journal
7. water: 7 glasses
8. Intermittent Fasting 10 hr fast period

Possible Points: 248 pts Goal: 223 pts

extra credit 1 pt each:
1. extra walk, dvd, or youtube
2. massage
3. greenhouse

MathTeacher 03-24-23 12:44 PM

April

Eat at home 6 days a week
Drink water
Lose weight
Daily Hip exercises
Upper body weights

Vantreesta 03-31-23 10:17 AM

Bumping! Can't believe tmrw is April 1. I gotta get my goals and spreadsheets done today!

Vantreesta 04-01-23 11:16 PM

Today all I did was day 1 of Yoga with Kassandra's new 30 day morning yoga challenge, my toe yoga and some stretches for my neck and tennis elbow.

Leonana 04-02-23 07:04 PM

Thursday, along with walking at work, I did a Jessica Smith you tube workout, Pear Shaped Body type. It’s a cardio strength and I enjoyed getting my heart rate up. All three body type workouts incorporate all the basic strength moves. I’d like to try the rotation sometime.

Friday was work walking and an hour of pulling weeds. Saturday was house cleaning and walking around the mall for an hour with my friend. I had a couple of pieces of See’s chocolate candies and then we had Panda Express for dinner, so a wash on the calories front lol.

Today is mostly resting. I’m beat! But I’d like to do Beth’s newest yoga for the vagus nerve.

Vannie, just yoga is good too. We need a restorative day. Glad both your teams won!

Softshoe 04-03-23 05:16 PM

I recently hit a goal on the food subject. But the goals keep coming. Noticed this challenge. I'm in, too!

Vantreesta 04-04-23 12:04 PM

Welcome, Softshoe! Happy to have you!

I finally got my spreadsheets ready to print. Now I have to wait to move the laptop till it's charged. :D

Yesterday I did day 2 of Kassandra's new Flexible Body challenge, day 14 of the Human 2.0 Fitness Movement challenge, day 1 of Dr. Melissa Oleson's new Core & Pelvic Floor challenge, 2.01 mi run intervals for Just Run Zero to 5k, and Yoga for Runners post-run practice with Matt Giordano. It felt good to finally run again after not running since October. I had to fins a new training app to use and I don't like it as much but it's okay. Zen Labs now charges for their 10k training app that I have been using for many years. I could still use the 5k one for free but since I want to continue on I found the Just Run app to try.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd so we didn't get to enjoy the 6" of snow that fell here at home on Saturday. By the time we got home we actually had even less snow on the ground than when we left so you couldn't even tell it snowed Saturday! Rainy today, a few more days in the 30s and 40s and then we're looking at 60s and even a few days of 70s. I love snow but since winter seems to be moving on I will be happy when all the melting and mud are done. Yuck. It's a pain, especially since Cyric doesn't love having his feet wiped off.