Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross Trainers 2023 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=233764)

donnamp 01-01-23 09:48 AM

Pilates Cross Trainers 2023

Welcome to Pilates Cross Trainers - whether you do Pilates as your main routine or as an add on to other exercise programs - all are welcome!

donnamp 01-01-23 09:58 AM

Happy New Year!

I haven't really come up with a plan for January - but, today I started with:

Lucy Wyndham-Read (LWR) - January Challenge Day # 1 - this was a cardio/body weight routine - about 20 minutes. I like her challenge b/c she includes other things like eating a variety of foods, drinking water and being grateful into her tracker. And it is low key tracking - like just ticking off the # of glasses of water you drink and what color food you eat. I like low key tracking, if it is too complicated I don't want to do it. And, as usual, her challenge is free.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/latest-challenge/

I also did:

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 1 -

Ballet Based Movement - Day # 1 - Bite Sized Exercise Program (these are 5-10 min exercise "snacks" done by a mother/daughter ballet team) - the first 3 of this series are being released on You Tube and then you have to buy the program. I believe is is $30 USD.

https://www.youtube.com/@BalletBasedMovement

Jessica Valent - Juicy Spine

The weather looks nice today so a dog walk is in the future.

Happy New Year!

Donna

txhsmom 01-01-23 10:13 AM

Thanks, Donna, for getting us started. My workout yesterday was about half of JVP's Mindful Movement Pilates. I just wasn't feeling very good and quit it about halfway through. Not sure what was going on - just a bad headache, a little sick at my stomach, etc.

Funny, I had looked at Ballet Based Movements' Bit-Size Program this morning, and am planning on doing the ones that are on YouTube before deciding whether I will purchase it. I like both Susan and her mum a lot.

Not sure what I will do for the remainder of my workout today - maybe a Silver & Fit cardio or a walk. I'm trying not to do too much on my feet, to give my ankle a chance to improve after the PRP injection before Christmas. The jury is still out on whether it is helping...

Carol

donnamp 01-01-23 10:57 AM

That is funny, Carol - I had a headache on Friday and Saturday and i rarely get headaches...it wasn't bad, but enough for me to take notice.

I do like the bite-sized ballet.....I'm going to do the free ones as well, before I decide if I want to purchase.

Donna

txhsmom 01-01-23 08:33 PM

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine 12/28/22 - 30 minutes;

Ballet Based Movement - Bite Size Program - Day 1 - 5 minutes & Christmas Special 2022 - 20 minutes

I will miss Madeleine's Intermediate Cardio classes this year; I hope they don't take them all down. I have noticed that they have taken some of the older ones off of YouTube. I don't really know why you would do that, unless they are using them on their membership site (you have to be a Medicare Advantage subscriber and only certain ones at that).

I enjoyed Day 1 of the Bite Sized Program. It wasn't much - I would probably like it better if it were a little longer. One thing led to another and I ended up doing their Christmas special. Of all the Christmas workouts I've done - which granted isn't too awful many - they used the best music. I've lost so some mobility/flexibility in my ankles, particularly my left ankle (the injured one). If I would do these workouts more often, it might help with that. I don't think it could hurt, although I do find a lot of barefoot stuff difficult.

Carol

fanofladyvols 01-01-23 09:01 PM

Happy New Year, Pilates friends!

I hope your 2023 will be fantastic and healthy!

donnamp 01-02-23 09:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

I haven't really decided on a particular rotation or plan for January - at least not yet - so I'm going with what looks good for me day to day.

Today, so far:

- A little Body Groove warm-up

- Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Strength Training Barre workout for beginners & Seniors. It was part of her January 1st week play list. I enjoyed this one. Again, these are labeled for "seniors" and "beginners' but I don't find them easy. The pace is slower - but that is not a bad thing.

Yesterday I got a dog walk in - it was in the 60's (crazy after last weekend's freeze)! I will probably get one in today as well.

Last day of the long holiday weekend...back to reality tomorrow. Although i worked last week, it was very quiet - but everyone will be back in full force tomorrow.

Carol - maybe I'll try the Ballet Christmas special - I think I can still do that on January 2nd, LOL! That is a shame that Silver & Fit is taking down some of the workouts. I better try to get some of Madeleine's Intermediate cardio in before they are gone.

Waves, Linda!

Donna

txhsmom 01-02-23 05:49 PM

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Women Over 60 - 30 minutes; Ballet Based Movement - Bite Size Program - Day 2 - 8 minutes

I really enjoyed Day 2 of BBM's Bite Size Program. It was all about plies - all different positions, etc. All strength. I generally enjoy their music quite a bit and today was no exception. In the wide plie section, they used a piece I that I used to play on the piano. I think it was Chopin, but it's been so long I'm not sure.

Spent the rest of the day taking down Christmas decorations and getting a haircut - just went to Great Clips - it wasn't perfect, but it wasn't awful and it only took about 20 minutes (instead of 2 hours) and cost a third of what I've been paying. I can work with that.

Donna - We were going to do a dog walk, but we had a cold front blow through and it got windy. Yuck.

Linda - Good to see you! Hope all has been well.

Carol

donnamp 01-02-23 06:02 PM

Hi,

I added in a dog walk and Day # 1 of Trifecta Pilates Align calendar. Day # 1 was just a gentle practice.

Carol - good job w/ your workouts. I forgot about the Bite Size...I will do both Day # 2 and Day # 3 tomorrow. And, then probably obsess over whether or not to buy it. On the hair cut front, the place i go doesn't wow me. I honestly think I could go to Hair Cuttery and get the same cut or better for half the price. I only stick w/ the salon that I go to b/c DD likes the way they do her hair. If she does indeed go away to school next year then I think I will just drop it and go to Hair Cuttery or Great Clips as well. I am honestly never really swept off my feet with the way my hair looks! Mine is curly so as long as they don't cut it too short (which will turn me into a poodle) I'm good...

Donna

donnamp 01-03-23 09:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was....

Lively Ladies - 30 Min Brisk Walk - this was 30 seconds of walking followed by 30 seconds of another body weight style exercise - done for two rounds. In the second round I added some light hand weights for intensity. I did enjoy this one - when I'm in the mood for it LL hits the spot.

Lively Ladies - Daily Stretches for Flexibility - I enjoy all of her stretching and mobility videos.

Back to reality today....

Take care!

Donna