Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Got ripped off on Ebay (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=144354)

trishthedish 02-01-10 03:34 PM

Got ripped off on Ebay

So, the TA was a bootleg. So are the P57's that he had marked as "NEW" and "sealed." Nope. Not "NEW." The wrapping that they were in was clearly a home job and they dont even play. TA plays, but its all pixel-y so I don't see it playing for long...not that I would want to work out to a pixel-y video anyway. So, what do i do? I've definitely learned my lesson, but what do I do now? How do I go about getting my money back? Report him first? I've never had to do this before! I'm so pissed! I was really looking forward to a P57 workout today too! :mad:

alisoncooks 02-01-10 03:45 PM

Boy, that really sucks.
1st step--contact seller and confront and request a COMPLETE refund. Give him/her a time frame. If they don't meet it, contact ebay (probably will want to report to ebay anyway).

If that doesn't work, contact paypal.

You'll get your $$ back.

hdw 02-01-10 03:47 PM

I'm done with buying on ebay. Too many crooks than real honest people. I'd rather go with legitimate outlets; less headache.

I'd suggest file on ebay that the DVDs are bootlegs.

intelsana 02-01-10 03:48 PM

Oh no! I agree with the suggestion above. First, contact the seller and ask for a full refund (including shipping). If he asks to ship the DVDs back, make sure you get DC when you ship it back and since its his fault, I would suggest asking for the money to ship it back as well.

Secondly, ebay has a buyer protection policy. Here's the link:
http://pages.ebay.com/coverage/index.html

Before going to paypal, contact ebay.

Hope this helps and good luck getting this situation resolved!!

Fitstick 02-01-10 03:48 PM

Its hard to trust what you get on Ebay, even when they say "new, sealed". I got Rockin Body off of Ebay and am starting to wonder if it is a bootleg since it has started to pixelate through the workouts. When I first got them I was pleased and impressed because they looked like real Beachbody products that were sealed, I still can't figure out how to determine if they are bootlegs.

trishthedish 02-01-10 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 1494041)
Boy, that really sucks.
1st step--contact seller and confront and request a COMPLETE refund. Give him/her a time frame. If they don't meet it, contact ebay (probably will want to report to ebay anyway).

If that doesn't work, contact paypal.

You'll get your $$ back.

I did that. I sent him a message demanding money back, so we'll see what he says. And then yes, I will contact ebay if he doesnt refund my money.

intelsana 02-01-10 03:51 PM

oh and if possible, do share his ebay id to avoid other people from purchasing dvds from him.

sophie kat 02-01-10 04:02 PM

geez, i'm sorry trisha. :( that's really awful. get your refund and then report that scumbag to ebay. ugh.

please keep us posted. (hug)

michl43 02-01-10 04:09 PM

You should report his fraud to Ebay, even if he gives you a refund, otherwise he'll keep on selling it. If Ebay gives him a warning due to your report, then he will hopefully stop.

trishthedish 02-01-10 04:31 PM

Well, I got the P57's to play, but since I can tell that the shrink wrap was not a professional job and there's a distinct "stink" to each of the dvds, I still know that they aren't real. Right? I'm watching TA right now, and it works, but the quality is not what I know of Tracy, so I know for sure that that one isnt real.

I'm still waiting for a response from him. His seller name is "youvideostuff" so can all avoid him. I'm so mad at myself right now. i should have known better! I'm so mad that I dont even feel like trying out the p57 (it works, so i could in theory do it, but i'm just feeling very deflated). :(

trishthedish 02-01-10 04:47 PM

He just responded with this:

"i bought them from over seas and unaware of them being bootlegs. I will open one up for my self to see but in the mean time I would need them returned for a full refund + shipping back to me. if paypal gets involved you will need to send them back at your own cost since paypal rules state that i do not have to pay for return shipping"

NOW WHAT?????

KateTT 02-01-10 04:47 PM

If it makes you feel better, I just searched for that seller on eBay and nothing comes up. Make sure and pursue this!!!! I got ripped off before too buying some Fluidities that were obvious copies and got all my money back. It takes time and persistence, but hopefully you can get your $$ back also.

alisoncooks 02-01-10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494103)

"i bought them from over seas and unaware of them being bootlegs. I will open one up for my self to see but in the mean time I would need them returned for a full refund + shipping back to me. if paypal gets involved you will need to send them back at your own cost since paypal rules state that i do not have to pay for return shipping"

NOW WHAT?????

I wouldn't send them back until I got my money in full. Are these videos even available overseas? I don't think so....

trishthedish 02-01-10 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 1494115)
I wouldn't send them back until I got my money in full. Are these videos even available overseas? I don't think so....

OH he's totally full of ****. His description for them was that he was closing his gym, so these are leftover videos that he never used. LIAR!

He just said that i would have to ship them to a po box if i wanted to return them

hdw 02-01-10 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michl43 (Post 1494082)
You should report his fraud to Ebay, even if he gives you a refund, otherwise he'll keep on selling it. If Ebay gives him a warning due to your report, then he will hopefully stop.

Yeah, that. They need to be expelled from ebay. Just getting your money back isn't good enough.

lissalaurel76 02-01-10 05:21 PM

No, don't return them. Even if you get your money back, don't return them. They are evidence. Just go ahead & contact paypal to get your money back, contact ebay, don't even talk to this guy anymore.

trishthedish 02-01-10 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 (Post 1494133)
No, don't return them. Even if you get your money back, don't return them. They are evidence. Just go ahead & contact paypal to get your money back, contact ebay, don't even talk to this guy anymore.

I contacted ebay. Do i do the same with paypal?

KateTT 02-01-10 05:29 PM

Nope, don't return them until you get a refund!! Lodge a complaint thru Paypal for sure!!! There are all kinds of helpful hints in their Resolution Center. Don't let this guy get away with it. Be persistant!

From Paypal:
What you bought was very different from what you actually got
PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy lets you submit a dispute for an item that is significantly not as described. By doing so, you have the opportunity to resolve your dispute directly with the seller. Visit the PayPal Resolution Center to file a dispute.

Here's a helpful link:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...buy/Protection

lissalaurel76 02-01-10 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494139)
I contacted ebay. Do i do the same with paypal?

yes, contact paypal.

trishthedish 02-01-10 05:47 PM

Well, i filed complaints with ebay and they just sent me emails saying to return the items to him for a full refund. And pay shipping to ship to him. WTH??? I'm so confused!

lissalaurel76 02-01-10 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494156)
Well, i filed complaints with ebay and they just sent me emails saying to return the items to him for a full refund. And pay shipping to ship to him. WTH??? I'm so confused!

No, contact paypal & don't send anything back. You probably got a form letter, the person who sent it probably didn't pay attention to all of your information. These are bootlegs, against ebay rules, and they need to freeze his account & all that jazz.

trishthedish 02-01-10 05:54 PM

This is what the email from ebay says:

The seller has agreed to issue you a full refund if you return the item.

Please ship the item back to the seller now. You will be required to provide a tracking or delivery confirmation number. View the details of this case and learn more about shipping the item back in the Resolution Center.

Refund information:
A full refund of $18.00 will be issued through the same payment method you used to pay for the item once the item is delivered

???? I dont know what to do.

trishthedish 02-01-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 (Post 1494160)
No, contact paypal & don't send anything back. You probably got a form letter, the person who sent it probably didn't pay attention to all of your information. These are bootlegs, against ebay rules, and they need to freeze his account & all that jazz.

Well, I keep trying to work with Paypal, but the resolution center keeps sending me back to Ebay's page for filing complaints.

Oohhhhhh i have sooooooo learned my lesson. :mad:

aunatural 02-01-10 06:08 PM

I would follow Ebay's instructions and send it back with delivery confirmation. You need to figure out what YOUR end goal is here. Do you just want to get your money back and be done with it or do you want to start a personal crusade to get him banned from Ebay? In the end, that is Ebay's call. All you can do is report the item as a bootleg which you have already done.

The same thing happened to me with some fake Cathe DVDs and Paypal was no help. They're on the seller's side, not yours. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494167)
This is what the email from ebay says:

The seller has agreed to issue you a full refund if you return the item.

Please ship the item back to the seller now. You will be required to provide a tracking or delivery confirmation number. View the details of this case and learn more about shipping the item back in the Resolution Center.

Refund information:
A full refund of $18.00 will be issued through the same payment method you used to pay for the item once the item is delivered

???? I dont know what to do.

Kathy T 02-01-10 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494170)
Well, I keep trying to work with Paypal, but the resolution center keeps sending me back to Ebay's page for filing complaints.

Oohhhhhh i have sooooooo learned my lesson. :mad:

Tricia,

I had a problem back in December. There is a protocol to follow at eBay. Have you gone to your "My eBay" account page? At the very bottom are some highlighted links one of which is a Resolution Center. When you click that you are given some choices and I believe everything takes off from there. Obviously making effort to contact the seller is one of the requirements which you've already done. I can't recall all the details or if there was a time frame requirement. There is procedure on when to contact PayPal. I received all my $ back so I know the protocol works.
ps...there wasn't a shipping factor in my problem because the person never shipped it!!!!:o

Sorry this happened to you. Don't beat yourself up.

trishthedish 02-01-10 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunatural (Post 1494179)
I would follow Ebay's instructions and send it back with delivery confirmation. You need to figure out what YOUR end goal is here. Do you just want to get your money back and be done with it or do you want to start a personal crusade to get him banned from Ebay? In the end, that is Ebay's call. All you can do is report the item as a bootleg which you have already done.

The same thing happened to me with some fake Cathe DVDs and Paypal was no help. They're on the seller's side, not yours. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

Thanks for responding. My end goal is to get my money back and I'm nervous to send this stuff back and pay for shipping and still not get refunded. Did you send the stuff back and then get refunded? it seems so backwards to me!

lissalaurel76 02-01-10 06:12 PM

(I'm pasting this from another site)
Make sure you follow this exactly :

*Click on the Resolution Center
*Click Report a Problem
*Click Item Dispute
*Follow Paypal's instruction from there. Make sure you raise the dispute to a claim though

If that doesn't work, file a chargeback claim with your credit card company or your bank.

Here's a link to where I got this info http://reviews.ebay.com/Paypal-scam-...00000006878284

chrisqan 02-01-10 06:17 PM

im so sorry you have to deal with this! all those new TA dance aerobics dvds on ebay are really suspicious.
i agree with the previous poster- contact paypal (log onto paypal and find their phone #) and your credit card company directly, dont wait for it to be resolved by ebay, which can take a long time.

Kathy T 02-01-10 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 (Post 1494183)
(I'm pasting this from another site)
Make sure you follow this exactly :

*Click on the Resolution Center
*Click Report a Problem
*Click Item Dispute
*Follow Paypal's instruction from there. Make sure you raise the dispute to a claim though

If that doesn't work, file a chargeback claim with your credit card company or your bank.

Here's a link to where I got this info http://reviews.ebay.com/Paypal-scam-...00000006878284

Tricia,

I was just ready to add this as well but lissalaurel76 beat me to it! I got lots of good direction & feedback from the eBay community forum

alisoncooks 02-01-10 06:25 PM

I just wanted to add...

I bought a t-tapp dvd a few months ago on ebay that was fake. I contacted the seller and he didn't even make excuses. Refunded my $$ within minutes of receiving my email. Just asked that I not leave a negative feedback (and then changed his settings to private and kinda disappeared....uh-huh....guilty much?)

It happens. It shouldn't...but it does.:mad:

Debbie S. 02-01-10 06:29 PM

PayPal will act swiftly, so definitely go that route. Definitely do not send it back.

roleez 02-01-10 06:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear that it turned out to be bootleg :mad: You definitely need to report him to Ebay so they can get rid of him as a seller and also be sure to leave him negative feedback once the issue is resolved (i.e., you have your $ back)!

roleez 02-01-10 06:38 PM

BTW, I found him on Ebay & so far he has 100% feedback. Looks like he is brand new, only been under this user ID for 30 days but he could have previously used a different ID & sold bootlegs with that one too!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

DebnPhx 02-01-10 06:44 PM

The last time I bought anything on eBay was about a month ago. I paid via PayPal and my account got hacked almost immediately. My credit card was used to buy $350 in credit at an on-line gambling site. :eek:

PayPal did act immediately and issued a refund. Then they locked my account and it turned into this incredible hassle to even get it activated again. I finally gave up and don't have PayPal anymore OR buy on eBay. Oh well, it will probably save me many many dollars over the long run.

aunatural 02-01-10 06:52 PM

The last dispute I filed through Ebay, I did get my money back so I am inclined to trust what they are telling you to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494182)
Thanks for responding. My end goal is to get my money back and I'm nervous to send this stuff back and pay for shipping and still not get refunded. Did you send the stuff back and then get refunded? it seems so backwards to me!

Debbie S. 02-01-10 06:54 PM

This person has two listed, and both listings say the same thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRACY-ANDERSON-D...item2a047a5970

BarbK 02-01-10 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthedish (Post 1494103)

NOW WHAT?????

Just chiming in here - if this seller is telling the truth, then he should be scared of consequences....tell him that you are going to contact TA and she will press charges. This happened to me with awhile back with Cathe's Hardcore set - it was suppose to be brand new, price wasn't even cheap ...came delivered ...nothing shrink wrapped, no cardboard case. I told him that charges would be pressed if my $ was not returned within 24 hours. I got all my $ back.

I think if you mailed the DVD back first, there goes your proof!

Doesn't this fall into mail fraud? Do you have his actual name? Anything you can use to get him scared that he will be treated as a criminal.

trishthedish 02-01-10 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 1494198)
I just wanted to add...

I bought a t-tapp dvd a few months ago on ebay that was fake. I contacted the seller and he didn't even make excuses. Refunded my $$ within minutes of receiving my email. Just asked that I not leave a negative feedback (and then changed his settings to private and kinda disappeared....uh-huh....guilty much?)

It happens. It shouldn't...but it does.:mad:

Yeah, i'm totally annoyed that he's not fessing up. Instead he just made up a lie about getting it overseas which I know is a lie since in his description before he said that his gym closed and that he had these dvds left over.

I keep trying to go thru the process with paypal, but it keeps sending me to ebay automatically. I did all the steps that everyone has suggested, but its like ebay and paypal are working together and there isnt anything I can do about it.

I dont want to send them back before I get a refund b/c then i'm afraid that I will send them back and still not get a refund. So at this point, I guess if he isn't willing to refund BEFORE, then I will just keep them. They work, so at least theres that. The TA is bad quality, but its more than I had before. And the P57's work as well. When I first put them in and hit play, I get an error message that we usually see when we put a burned dvd into our dvd player. Then if i hit play again, it will start right up. The quality of these is fine when watching them. How long they would work, who knows. I just dont want to send them back AND get no refund. At least this way I'm left with the workouts that i wanted even at subpar quality (and even if they poop out, i didnt pay much for the p57's, so oh well, i guess i'd have to buy them if it turns out i like them) - which i guess is better than nothing.

I just dont know what to do! Ebay is of no help!

Buzzer 02-01-10 07:37 PM

If ebay & paypal aren't helping, can't you just dispute it on your credit card? I'd also contact the owners of the copyrite and let them know their workouts have been bootlegged... if nothing else, they can check into them too.
I got a bootleg, and I contacted the seller & told them I'd contact ebay & paypal & dispute the charges...and they sent back a note that they'd refund the charges.
Sorry your seller is more of a weenie. :mad:
Maybe just dispute with your CC, and skip ebay & paypal.

chrisqan 02-01-10 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzer (Post 1494243)
If ebay & paypal aren't helping, can't you just dispute it on your credit card? I'd also contact the owners of the copyrite and let them know their workouts have been bootlegged... if nothing else, they can check into them too.
I got a bootleg, and I contacted the seller & told them I'd contact ebay & paypal & dispute the charges...and they sent back a note that they'd refund the charges.
Sorry your seller is more of a weenie. :mad:
Maybe just dispute with your CC, and skip ebay & paypal.

yes, i agree, maybe it's time for you to contact your credit card company- they are usually very good about stuff like this.