Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cyst on Palm (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232918)

Erica H. 06-08-22 07:11 PM

Cyst on Palm

I have a lump right on the palm of my hand. I think it's a cyst but not sure. I use my palm for lifting weights (lots of push motions with pressure) and leaning on the handlebars of my spin bike daily - could it be caused by that? Just wondering if anyone else has this. :confused:

Erica

bee 06-08-22 08:33 PM

My husband has had something like that for a long time -- and get this, it's on both hands in the same spot. He has been curious about it but never too worried. Not sure this helps you....... :o

bzar 06-08-22 11:24 PM

i would get it checked.

do you ever watch Dr. Pimple Popper, Sandra Lee MD? one big takeaway i get from that show is find out immediately what it is rather than wait.

i think she has some free segments on youtube. it would make your hair curl!

Erica H. 06-09-22 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2968122)
My husband has had something like that for a long time -- and get this, it's on both hands in the same spot. He has been curious about it but never too worried. Not sure this helps you....... :o

That's interesting that he has it on both sides. I'm not worried for now since it doesn't hurt or interfere with anything. Mostly curious about what it is and hoping it's not something that will spread

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2968131)
i would get it checked.

do you ever watch Dr. Pimple Popper, Sandra Lee MD? one big takeaway i get from that show is find out immediately what it is rather than wait.

I can't afford any more doctors! I have a million health issues and now I need a crown, too. My insurance stinks and most of the doctors I've seen are useless (or worse). :(

Erica

sillygirl 06-09-22 01:27 AM

Is it a cyst (feels liquid-filled) or callus (hardened skin)? I remember getting calluses as a kid from constantly swinging on the monkey bars. Calluses are caused by friction like you mentioned. Hopefully it’s nothing. Best wishes to you!

Erica H. 06-09-22 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillygirl (Post 2968134)
Is it a cyst (feels liquid-filled) or callus (hardened skin)? I remember getting calluses as a kid from constantly swinging on the monkey bars. Calluses are caused by friction like you mentioned. Hopefully it’s nothing. Best wishes to you!

Definitely not a callus. I get those at the base of some fingers from weight lifting and using my pull up bar and wear them proudly. :cool:

Erica

summer breeze 06-09-22 08:19 AM

I have this too on both of my palms. It's a hardened little cyst under the skin. Exact same spot on both hands. I figured out it's from holding hardcover books, it's at the exact spot where the edge of the book hits my palm. I am going to have the doctor check it when I go for my annual exam this summer. Like you it doesn't hurt me or anything so I'm waiting for my annual appt. But I agree it is good to check things out but I understand about medical bills too.

Erica H. 06-09-22 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer breeze (Post 2968149)
I have this too on both of my palms. It's a hardened little cyst under the skin. Exact same spot on both hands. I figured out it's from holding hardcover books, it's at the exact spot where the edge of the book hits my palm. I am going to have the doctor check it when I go for my annual exam this summer. Like you it doesn't hurt me or anything so I'm waiting for my annual appt. But I agree it is good to check things out but I understand about medical bills too.

If you don't mind, will you let me know what your doctor says after your appointment?

Erica

summer breeze 06-09-22 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erica H. (Post 2968151)
If you don't mind, will you let me know what your doctor says after your appointment?

Erica

Yes I definitely will!

fatkat555 06-09-22 09:00 AM

It could be Dupuytren’s, an inherited disease.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20371943

If your fingers are beginning to catch, get stuck, you could have beginning of trigger fingers. Most often trigger finger is worse in the morning because the fingers at night when we sleep are curled, but it can occur at any time.