Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone using ifit and peleton? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232888)

pharma_gal 06-01-22 02:16 PM

Anyone using ifit and peleton?

Just looking for input on the workout streaming not the equipment. Does Peleton have any virtual Scenic series? Thanks!

Kathy G 06-01-22 03:29 PM

Hi,
I only subscribe to iFit. I mainly use it for my treadmill which is iFit enabled. I also downloaded the iFit app on my iPad which allows me to stream the workouts. But there isn’t a fast forward/rewind option so you can only pause for a few minutes or quit and restart. I think that’s because some iFit enabled equipment can be controlled via Bluetooth.

iFit now has a mix of outdoor location programs as well as some studio programs. They were doing “live” workouts (bike & treadmill) for awhile but stopped doing them last week. But some are part of their huge library now and can still be done (without a leader board, etc.) as studio workouts.

The outdoor programs are trainer led, meaning the instructor is talking or guiding the entire workout. It’s like your following right behind or to the side while they talk about the location, form pointers, or motivation.

I don’t know if you’re looking for scenic workouts only - without any voice instruction?

Pam61 06-01-22 04:10 PM

iFIT

I have a one year subscription with iFIT and I love it! I also have the app on my phone for when I do the strength, yoga, or pilates workouts. Sometimes I will take one of the walks/hikes on my phone outdoors, when I need a break from the treadmill. They also have a couple podcasts available or just talks. The trainers here are some of the best! I can't compare to Peloton, though.

iFIT is mostly scenic and the workouts are filmed all over the globe! It's so fun to visit the places virtually that you might never travel to. Or, to get inspired by a location and add it to your bucket list of places to visit. Some of my favorite workouts have been educational and learning about the different cultures. But being coached my various trainers has been wonderful, too! I am in great shape after only a few months time, and it happens quickly with being consistent!

I think Virtual Active also has a streaming service now. Have you considered them?

Rhonda 06-02-22 07:52 AM

I had iFIT as we bought a treadmill and got a year subscription. It was OK in my opinion. I did some walks and hikes on the TM and like how the incline would go up/down and speed adjusted but sometimes the speed would be so slow I had to speed it up.

Peloton I have had for a few years, only the app. They have scenic stuff but that is only if you have the bike/treadmill you can see those. There are outdoor/audio walks/runs which I like and take when walking outside.
I enjoy most of the instructors. I use basically all the modalites (strength, yoga, running, walking, cardio, meditation, tread bootcamps, bike bootcamps, stretching,cycling). They have just added a just workout option that you can turn on and it tracks you if you walk/bike/run outdoors without using any instructor. I just got this so not sure how it really works.

I enjoy Peloton so much more than iFIT, but this is only my opinion. Also, Peloton App is much cheaper than iFIT. Peloton bike/tread are more expensive but I don't need all the extras so the app works great for me.

pharma_gal 06-02-22 10:41 AM

Thank you for all the input. I am definitely interested in the virtual scenic stuff that is guided. I dont have any of the equipment so i think i will get the ifit for now. Thanks!

pharma_gal 06-02-22 01:16 PM

Does anyone know if ifit offers any discounts? Thanks!

ChelePA 06-02-22 01:44 PM

Love my Peloton app! The only way you can get the scenic content is if you own the equipment and pay for the full price subscription.

Kathy G 06-02-22 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 2967519)

I usually buy a yearly family subscription on eBay. The difference between an individual and a family plan is that the family plan allows up to 5 users. So if you have family/friends that will use it too, that’s a better value.

When you create the account and use the activation code on the card, you’ll have to enter a credit or debit card number. Just remember to either cancel your membership or buy another card before the renewal date. It’s easy to cancel in your account membership profile. But the code won’t work without a pmt. method. Just letting you know as I had to call their help line the first time I added a new card code and couldn’t make it work!

Pam61 06-02-22 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 2967519)

Yes, they periodically offer discounts. They had one recently for Memorial Day weekend and it was 20 percent off. The one before that might have been a Mother's Day savings of 15 percent off. My guess is Father's Day will be next.:-)

You can create an account and sign up for their emails. I'm not sure how you would be notified of special deals, otherwise.

They do have a Facebook presence, as well.