Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scenery DVDs for spinning at home? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=213861)

Chomper 01-02-16 12:37 PM

Scenery DVDs for spinning at home?

I have seen some of these on YouTube and Amazon. I am looking for the gorgeous views I would have if I were really cycling somewhere scenic. I usually listen to my own music so will probably have the sound off, and can do my own intervals or steady state ride but would not mind having instructions on screen for a guided workout.

These tend to run $20-30 or more, so I am hoping for recommendations of good ones that fit the bill.

kelsey211 01-02-16 12:42 PM

Check out the BitGym app thread that katchaser1 just started. Great app at a great 1 year subscription price. For the cost of 3 DVDs, you get a year's subscription to some great virtual active videos.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=213860

sherry7899 01-02-16 12:45 PM

There are a ton Mary just listed on total fitness dvds. They are only 10-12 dollars each.

dakko 01-02-16 12:45 PM

Lavender Fields of France was not a good one. Very disappointed.

sherry7899 01-02-16 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakko (Post 2597126)
Lavender Fields of France was not a good one. Very disappointed.

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone had tried any of these. To be honest, I think I need dvds with scenery and instructions for an actual workout. I'm not good at coming up with workouts for the bike/treadmill on my own. Once in a while I will put on music and make up a workout, though. It has to be really driving music with a good beat and varying tempos, though.

Sherry

buttons11 01-02-16 02:13 PM

I don't know how I haven't seen these before but noticed all the new ones on Mary's site last week [all on sale for 9.95]. OMG for me...being homebound and needing to add more activity to my day...these are perfect. Amazon has oodles of these [over 150 I think] [type in The Ambient Collection for a search]. A few on Amazon are 5.95, and a few 7.95 so a bit cheaper than Mary. I found some three [3] packs at Amazon for 14.95. Yet Mary has quite a few that are on Amazon for 9.95 all the way up to 17.95 so Mary's is quite a deal during this New Year's Sale. Some are Virtual Walks, Some are Journeys [many of these are over 90 minutes long] and there a few specifically Virtual Cycle. Even the walks have various speeds and many reviews say they've used the walks on their bikes at home. If you go to their own website they have all the clips if not found at Mary's.

I would say that if you want something dynamic...these are not it. Virtual Active/Cardio Coach are better for that. I just wanted something that would let me walk, like I would if I went to a park or my neighborhood. Not a 'workout' but activity...or as I call it...my AshtmaShuffle :p. That being said...if I really wanted something more than my AsthmaShuffle with these my treadmill has a few preprogrammed walks that I can use [changes elevation/speed]. I can even turn off /mute the ambient sounds and play Cardiocoach at the same time if I wanted to. Since I can't get out much these are wonderful for me on either the treadmill or my rebounder. I am splurging bigtime and ordering a bunch so that I can travel the world while staying home. No sunscreen, no sunburn, and no buggies in my ear. There are so many I just Lurve...Alpine Lakes, Tuscany, Beaches of Spain...hard to choose

at120 01-02-16 02:16 PM

Have you tried the Virtual Active app-based videos yet?

FirmDancer 01-02-16 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons11 (Post 2597154)
I don't know how I haven't seen these before but noticed all the new ones on Mary's site last week [all on sale for 9.95]. OMG for me...being homebound and needing to add more activity to my day...these are perfect.

Most of my work hours are now from home. When I saw Mary's newsletter, I looked at some of the video clips. I thought it would be really nice to have some of these. I don't have a treadmill so I was wondering about just walking in place, a la Leslie or Jessica.

DeepSeaSue 01-02-16 02:24 PM

My favourites are the Virtual Active DVD's and I've reviewed quite a few of them on my blog. (I prefer the older DVDs to the newer downloads because I prefer to do them guided.) I just ordered a bunch of the new "Ambient" ones from Mary so I'll review them soon.

sherry7899 01-02-16 02:25 PM

When do these go back to regular price at Mary's? I am on a no buy for now. Are they just on sale for her New Year sale? I will be good and wait for reviews and put them on my wishlist if I really like any clips.