Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Most used instructors/series of 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230128)

laurajhawk 01-01-21 07:04 PM

Most used instructors/series of 2020

Every year I go through my (paper!) workout journals and add up my workouts, including what instructors/DVDs I used most during the year. It's always fun and interesting to go through the year and to compare what I've done to the previous year. Of course, this was a weird year! Yet I somehow managed to have almost the same total number of workouts as in 2019.

Here's my Top 10 by instructor/series:
  1. Kim Smarr (local yoga teacher) - 114 total classes, livestreams, and recordings!
  2. Jessica Smith - 63 workouts
  3. Joel Freeman/LIIFT4 - 38
  4. Gilad - 36
  5. Namaste Yoga - 33
  6. Tie: Long walks/hikes (I only count them if they're over an hour; I do a 20-30 minute walk almost every day and don't count those),
  7. Tie: and Eoin Finn - 13 each
  8. Ravi & Ana - 12
  9. My own yoga - 11
  10. Tie: Misty Gwin (local yoga teacher) and Supreme 90, 9 each

fanofladyvols 01-01-21 08:02 PM

Ok I'm not ready to count them but just giving my list a once over the names that pop up the most are in this order:
  1. Cathe
  2. Miranda
  3. Jessica Smith
  4. Tracie Long

saffron 01-01-21 08:20 PM

Jessica Smith (both YouTube and digital)
Jari Love (original Get Ripped mostly)
Cardio Coach (on my elliptical)

Mickey12 01-01-21 08:24 PM

This is really interesting. I've never actually counted up my instructors. My total workouts this year was really good though, I was hoping to break 300 and I hit 306! I'm really proud of myself for that.

So I counted up my various instructors for the year and here's my tally of the highest counts:

Cathe 73 workouts
probably inserted here would be walks outside
Travis Eliot 16 workouts
Kelly Coffee Meyer 11 workouts
Amy Bento 10 workouts
Ilaria Montegnani 6 workouts
Amy Dixon 5 workouts

Without counting I would have said Cathe was my number 1 instructor, but I didn't realize she outnumbered the other instructors by so much. What I also realized is that my workout taste is extremely varied. I had many, many instructors that I did 5 or less workouts over the entire year. :eek: Another eye opener is that I only did ONE Jessica Smith workout all year and I only did three Leslie workouts. This was an enlightening exercise.

Leonana 01-01-21 09:43 PM

I haven’t counted, but I know it’s 99% Jessica Smith.

I did a few Pahla Bowers workouts, and two by Justina Ercole, both on You Tube. I’ve tried different instructors from thrift store dvds, and I kept a few Leslies and one KCM. I’ve ordered more dvds from Thrift Books, two firms, a Chris Freytag and two KCM's.

wendug 01-01-21 09:53 PM

This is a very interesting thread. I didn't follow any specific rotations this past year so I was curious to see which instructors I reached for the most.

The Firm- 43 workouts
KCM- 33 workouts
Tracie Long- 18 workouts
Team Body Project- 14 workouts
Kimberly Spreen- 10 workouts
Chalene Johnson- 10 workouts
Jari Love- 8 workouts
Ilaria Montagnani- 7 workouts
Jenny Ford- 7 workouts
BJ Gaddour- 7 workouts
...and a whole lot of instructors that I did 5 or less workouts with. Looking at this list makes me think there are quite a few DVD's I can get rid of!

kas97 01-01-21 09:53 PM

My workout calendar is down in the basement (where I workout), but I did 20 weeks of CLX (Phases 1-2-3-2-1), followed by 6 weeks of LIIFT and at least 2 full weeks of no workouts other than outdoor walks. The remaining 1/2 of the year was more Jessica than Leslie, but not by much.

alisoncooks 01-01-21 09:53 PM

I'm pretty sure I most used:
  • Pahla B
  • RehabZone
  • Jane Adams

(Not necessarily in that order...)

wendug 01-01-21 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2905217)
What I also realized is that my workout taste is extremely varied. I had many, many instructors that I did 5 or less workouts over the entire year. :eek:

Yes, this is me! For example, I don't do pilates often, so these instructors don't show up much. I still love Billy Blanks and Taebo, but only got in a few of his workouts this year. But it is good to be varied in your workouts...it keeps your body guessing!

fanofladyvols 01-01-21 11:48 PM

Wendy I think it's good brain exercise, too!

I think I want to start keeping a record of this..I think this will be interesting to look at next year.
I'm thinking I may have a bunch of different ones like Kim said she does.

Thanks for the idea, laurajhawk.