Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cathe's Big Yoga Mat (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232047)

gigi 11-25-21 08:36 AM

Cathe's Big Yoga Mat

Does anyone have this? If so, do you like it? I"m thinking of purchasing because when I stretch, I would love to have my body not touch the floor. The problem is I have a smallish workout area and cannot leave it out. I do cardio out in my main living because I have plenty of room but I could not leave it out there. In the extra bedroom (that has a bed), I do weight workouts, so I could not leave it out in there. It would probably be hard to continually drag out and roll up, yes?

JackieB 11-25-21 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi (Post 2947854)
Does anyone have this? If so, do you like it? I"m thinking of purchasing because when I stretch, I would love to have my body not touch the floor. The problem is I have a smallish workout area and cannot leave it out. I do cardio out in my main living because I have plenty of room but I could not leave it out there. In the extra bedroom (that has a bed), I do weight workouts, so I could not leave it out in there. It would probably be hard to continually drag out and roll up, yes?

I have a big circular Mandala mat and it would be a pain to have to drag out and roll up every time I use it.

Messe 11-25-21 09:12 AM

I have Cathe's round yoga mat. I work out in my living room, and I roll the mat out when I want to use it and then roll it back up. It's not a big deal to move it here, there, and everywhere.

difit 11-25-21 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messe (Post 2947864)
I have Cathe's round yoga mat. I work out in my living room, and I roll the mat out when I want to use it and then roll it back up. It's not a big deal to move it here, there, and everywhere.

Same here

JackieB 11-25-21 10:14 AM

I must be lazy!

Are these 6 ft mats? I guess I just don't have anywhere to store mine.

red1013 11-25-21 10:23 AM

I roll mine up and lay it across my weight bench when I'm not using it.

fanofladyvols 11-25-21 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messe (Post 2947864)

I have it I love it, too. I roll it up and put away with my other mats.

I guess I am so used to putting stuff away so it doesn't bother me.

I think if you're used to putting things away in your exercise set up then it won't bother you.

cyana 11-25-21 07:20 PM

I have a round Mandala mat. I'm fortunate that I practice in my bedroom and just roll the mat up and shove it under the bed when I'm finished.

I think it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, as I schlepped heavy Manduka and Jade yoga mats to classes (10 pounds - and I walked to class) for years.

It is nice to not be hanging off on the floor, especially in the winter. I layer the Mandala and my big Jade mat for yin and restorative yoga.

MJ051279 11-26-21 10:51 PM

My daughter just brought me one for Christmas. It arrived the other day and I am in LOVE! It’s very thick and high quality. A few years back I purchased a Mandala round mat and you can tell the difference immediately. With the 25% off for Black Friday Cathe’s mat is certainly worth the money.

zraipel 11-26-21 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ051279 (Post 2948013)
My daughter just brought me one for Christmas. It arrived the other day and I am in LOVE! It’s very thick and high quality. A few years back I purchased a Mandala round mat and you can tell the difference immediately. With the 25% off for Black Friday Cathe’s mat is certainly worth the money.

I agree with you! I've purchased many Mandala mats over the years and they were my go-to, but Cathe's is thicker, and I'm so glad it's an option now that Mandala is no longer in business. I am purchasing another Cathe mat during her sale :)