Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

Mickey12 07-13-21 07:15 PM

Linda we’re not planning on moving. After a lot of years in the same house we just seem to accumulate a lot of stuff and then after taking a long hard look at it all, we realize we don’t need it. Stuff like a broken compressor, an old shovel, outdated decor items, half empty cans of carburetor cleaner, a wire magazine rack, old uncomfortable pillows, even some things that were in the garage since before we bought the house. You know, stuff like that. We have been in our house for 30 years. We got a dumpster once before probably 15 years ago. I think part of the accumulation problem has to do with our garbage pickup. We live in a rural area. Our garbage is paid for by buying stickers that we put on the garbage bags. So if we have things that don’t fit into a garbage bag, we can’t put them out in the trash. I hope that explains it without putting you to sleep. :p

I am not going to Cathe’s road trip. It’s not that far away for me but I feel too self conscious. When I was younger I might have considered it but never took the plunge.

No workout again today. Boy, I really have been off my game. No motivation.

Jules I agree that IMAX 4 is the easiest of the IMAX workouts. I like it. Easier is good for me! :o

Hope everyone has a great night.

Jules 07-14-21 04:33 PM

Pyramid Pump is in the bag. Awesome workout! :love: I matched Cathe's weights. I kept thinking I should go heavier, but by the end of each pyramid I was happy right where I was. My heart rate was pretty high during the lower body. I burned about 300 calories for lower and 250 for upper. It is nice to have the option to break this into Lower and Upper on days when I don't have 80 minutes to work out.

I liked several of the changes Cathe made from the original Pyramids like the use of just dumbbells and a gliding disc for lower body. All the barbell changes in the original workout can be cumbersome. I also liked the use of the stability ball for upper body. It felt fresh and fun. I have to admit I enjoy the cheezy music of the original workouts more, but the new music is fine. I also love the tough floor and core work on the stability ball in the originals but I think Cathe was trying to make the new workouts a little shorter and more intermediate. It's all good.

Kim: We have all been in a slump before - you are not alone! It sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise cleaning up you house right now. It's ok to give yourself permission to take it easy for a while. Maybe you and your husband could go for a hike? That always makes me feel good. :heart:

fanofladyvols 07-14-21 09:18 PM

Kim yes, that makes sense! I think we forg t how much stress is involved in making decisions and thinking through a sort/purge
It sounds to me like you're using up your workout mojo handling that project! And I totally agree with Jules, sounds like you need to forest bathe!

Jules I totally agree with your assessment of Pyramid pump..and I think both workouts have a place in someone's collection. I love them both.

Heading to do some Taebo and some easy yoga.

Waves to Kate and Malinda!!

Have a good night all!

Malinda 07-15-21 10:28 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm still here! DH's office in Miami officially re-opened last Tuesday, so he flew out Monday evening, and I joined him Wednesday evening for a long weekend. I have mixed feelings about flying and being out and about on such a grand scale, but we had a lot of fun. We stayed in Hollywood, which is where we always stay - it is so laid back and I love the fact that you can walk to the beach or the small downtown area. One of his co-workers lives in South Beach, and she and her husband took us all around that area on Saturday. It was a fun trip, but I was happy to get home Tuesday.

We did a couple of workouts in the hot, humid Florida sun -- Body Project Cardio Starter, and 21 Day Fix Plyo Fix. Those were my only workouts, other than a lot of walking.

Workouts so far this week:

Tuesday - 21 Day Fix Real Time Yoga
Wednesday - #MBF Core Circuit, Week 2, Day 4 & P/P/S
Thursday - Turbo Fire 45 EZ (now Fire 40 on BBOD) - This workout always leaves me drenched, I'm not sure why!

Kim - good luck on the cleaning out! You are going to feel SO GOOD when that is complete! And I am positive that you will get your workout mojo back!

Linda - I had a couple of Amy's Give Me 10 workouts a long time ago, and I got rid of them. I don't remember hating them, I think they just didn't fit whatever workout style I was doing at the time. Who knows, I might like them now!

Jules - Now you've got me looking at Pyramid Pump!

Kate - I remember liking some of the Body Attack workouts when I had LMOD. I wish I would have used that streaming service more -- someday maybe I'll re-subscribe, but I think I have learned that I actually like doing the same workouts over and over, because even when I had all those choices, I would find one workout I liked (like the Combat one with Dan & Rach in the middle of the water, and on a mountain top - 80 or 81, I think?) and only do it. I feel like I get a better workout when I really know the combos.

Y'all have an awesome Thursday!

fanofladyvols 07-15-21 10:56 AM

Malinda that makes sense...getting to know the workout does help being more effective with it. That's probably why my fav workouts usually do 3 sets of an exercise. Gives me freedom to increase or lower or learn the weight I need. I think the give me 10s might work well as add-ons or for days when I'm low energy. Your trip sounds FABULOUS!

Kim I understand feeling like the Cathe trip might be too much. Not sure how much energy I'll have after traveling...there are alot of classes in the schedule. I guess I could just opt out if I went? Still thinking...

Yesterday was Taebo basic live#7 and easy yoga for strength. Not my fav basic but they were a good combo!

KateTT 07-15-21 12:46 PM

Quick drive by. I am not going to Cathe's "party". I would love to some day but now is not feasible.

Kim: If I had to move right now it would be chaos. I have TOO MUCH JUNK! So I'm slowly getting rid of stuff. Garbage, donation, etc.

Waves to all!!!

Wed was Cathe Live 305 Burn Sets Express Legs Heavy Weights + ICE Lower Body Blast. I did the ICE Lower first to prefatigue and then the 305. LOVE these heavy lifting workouts. I just wish they were longer but adding on other tracks is working great! And a bit more cardio too.
Yoga was from Udaya and Caley Blockasana. Supposed to be Hatha..I didn't care for it much or how the blocks were used

Today I did Cathe Live 181 Jabs and Kicks for the first time. That was fun! I started out using my 3lb gloves then took them off about halfway through. I loved the combos!
Getting ready for some sweet Yin yoga shortly.

Jules 07-16-21 04:08 PM

Kate! I think I have told you this before, but I am so impressed that you do kickboxing with 3 pound gloves! :eek:

Linda: Taebo is definitely an Oldie but Goodie! :music:

Malinda: Those Turbo Fire workouts are so much fun! I have never been to Miami but I imagine it is a party town like New Orleans?

Kim: I hope you are relaxing after all that house cleaning!

I have spent the last couple of days with Cathe's Step Sync. I am choreo-challenged and it takes me a few tries to get down her more complicated routines such as Step Moves, Rythmic Step and Party Rockin' Step #1. The good news is if I practice them enough I do seem to remember the moves.

Yesterday I ran through Step Sync once and added on Bonus Abs 2. Today I spent a couple hours doing Step Sync, Ab Stacker and the Extended Lying Stretch. I practiced the finished product section of Step Sync a few times.

I am planning to do PHA 3 tomorrow and probably will do IMax 4 again on Sunday. Then I will move on to the Perfect 30 series.

Have a great weekend! :p

Malinda 07-19-21 11:56 AM

Jules - I definitely think there are many parts of Miami that would be considered "party" places, but we don't frequent them! Hollywood is super laid-back and that's why we prefer to stay there. I just love the international flavor of the whole area, though. We are not foodies, but there are so many restaurants with every kind of food you can imagine -- it's fun to try new things!

Linda - I haven't done a Taebo workout in forever! How fun!

Hi Kim & Kate!

Workouts:

Friday - Pushups, pullups, swings, & abs
Saturday - Core De Force MMA Speed 2.0
Sunday - Triple Wave Pyramid
Monday - 645 Sample workout - this is the new program from Beachbody by Amoila Cesar. I enjoyed it, but I'll wait for it to be released on BOD rather than pay for early access. I really like his style a lot - The Prep and The Work were great, although I didn't finish The Work rotation - it was pretty intense.

Have an awesome week everyone!

fanofladyvols 07-20-21 06:44 AM

Good grief! I need to catch up on my check-in!!

Friday was an almost 5 mile hike with PIYO buns added. Saturday was Kathy Smith pilates for abs; Sunday was Sandry Yoga/pilates sun salutations; K. Smith fat burning breakthrough and yesterday was Lauren Sexy strength warmup and PIYO strength intervals

Malinda Taebo is fun and I love the steady state cardio for a change from all the HIIT and intervals workouts. I grow weary of that. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that new BBOD program.

Jules your description of how you tackled Cathe's workout sounds like me! I admire the folks who can follow her right away but I need to practice. I noticed I am getting better and knowing what she means. I think there's a cloud buffer between what I hear and what messages I can send my feet :p Personally, doing Kathy Smith is my happy place because I can jump right in and get all my oomph in (without getting caught up in where I am supposed to be on the step!)

Kate I can add longer mobility to strength workouts and cardio afterwards. Not cardio before. My mind and lungs need to be fresh so I can concentrate.

Haiii Kim!! Hope you have filled up that dumpster :sun:

Jules 07-21-21 05:50 PM

Mid-Week Check-In...

I've been doing Perfect 30 and it is short & sweet.

Monday: Perfect Pump Upper Body + Bonus UB + Mobility Abs + Extended Stretch. Seemed like a lot but it all clocked in at under an hour. I don't have a 35 or 40 pound dumbbell. I guess I could build one with my free weights next time I do this, but I haven't been lifting super heavy lately anyway.

Tuesday: High Impact HiiT + Mobility. The cardio was intense but doable - not as hard as RWH Plyo HiiT. Love the Mobility workout.

Today: Perfect Pump Lower Body + Bonus LB + Abs + Extended Stretch. The Bonus LB was a very nice add-on using the mini step and a band. Worth the extra 7 minutes. I am sure my glutes will be sore tomorrow!

Tomorrow I plan to do the Low Impact HiiT, Bonus Cardio Blast + Yoga Strength and Flexibility Workout.

After that, I will have completed my goal to work my way thru all of Cathe's latest workouts and will probably do a mish-mosh of faves. I can't do too much cycling or kickboxing right now b/c it aggravates my knee, but I will try to sneak in a little. I am also going to subscribe to Cathe Live.:music:

Linda: You have a great mix going! I have the PIYO set but I never do it. Maybe I will give it another chance this week.

Malinda: Thanks for the info on Miami! I will have to remember that Hollywood is the place to be if we ever go. My folks live near Mobile Alabama.

Kate: I am sure you are working out hard as always. Thinking of you!

Kim: I hope you are enjoying yourself even if you aren't into workouts right now. I am not very artistic, but I have been doing a paint-by-numbers kit and it is super relaxing. :heart:

fanofladyvols 07-21-21 06:53 PM

Jules I love reading your thoughts on Cathe's workouts. Looking forward to reading which are your favorites.

Today was Sandry's yoga + pilates core segment and Lauren Brooks Shut up and train #1. Enjoyed both!

Malinda 07-22-21 10:45 AM

Yippee, it's Thursday!!!

Jules - I hope your knee is getting better. Great job on working through those Cathes!

Linda - I love a good steady-state cardio workout.

Kate - I hope all is well with you and yours.

Hi Kim!

Workouts:

Tuesday - 3.5 mile run
Wednesday - Deep Stretch with Mimi Solaire
Thursday - Combat Live 30 (from the Beachbody set) and pull-ups/pushups/swings

I've been reading the "20 Instructors in 20 Days" check-in, and just realized that I have done workouts from 8 different instructors in the past 10 days - the other two days being workouts with no instructors. I wonder if I can make it to 20? It's a good time to try -- right now I'm just jumping around and doing whatever I'm in the mood for each day. I am itching to start another rotation, not sure what, maybe a hybrid of a couple of rotations I've already done, but I want to wait until the second week of August. We have more travel plans over the next couple of weeks so I don't want to interrupt any rotation I start.

Mickey12 07-22-21 12:39 PM

Linda you changed your avatar!! I miss the mini-me but I like the new photo (although it's a bit hard to read).

I'm glad you're all forging ahead with the workouts. Malinda the way you have been doing whatever workout suits you on a particular day is how I always do my workouts. I very seldom do rotations.

Not much to post, just plugging along....I didn't exercise yesterday, didn't go for a walk today at lunch. Maybe something tonight.

Stay well, everyone. :heart:

fanofladyvols 07-22-21 12:52 PM

Kim I thought it was too hilarious even with the bad upload. I'll pick something else soon. Hugs!!!

Jules 07-22-21 06:06 PM

Just posting my thoughts on today's workout. Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT was fun! I liked the music and moves. I did not really go anaerobic, but I usually don't with low impact. I also liked the Bonus Cardio Blast. It consisted of intervals done pyramid style on an 8" step. My heart rate got higher with this one, but nothing crazy. I noticed that Cathe reused some of the ICE music in her bonuses for Perfect 30. The yoga workout was ok. I prefer Travis for yoga, but it is nice to change things up.

Malinda: You should totally go for the 20 instructors challenge!

KateTT 07-23-21 12:21 PM

Hi you guys!!! Sorry again MIA. Busy days, this time with hubby and some of his appointments. Got all my workouts in this week except for today (appt) so will do a little longer Yoga practice this afternoon.
And work has been so busy!! Every time I get new items merchandised, more pop up! Job security I guess.

Here's my week:
Monday I did Cathe Fit Tower Advanced Total Body. It's a little equipment heavy and I used my big pullup stand. With a well placed broom handle, I can make my own Fit Tower. Good workout.
Yoga was Rudy Mettia on Udaya and Functional Shoulders. Strength and stretch and lots of good feeling shoulders!

Tuesday I did Cathe Live 130 Keep Cardio Coming. This was one of my favs when I subscribed so I bought this one. Really excellent high energy cardio.
Yoga: More Udaya, Rudy and Functional Rotation. Delicious twists!

Wed: Cathe Live 347 Back at it Bootcamp. First workout back with people in the classroom and really was a lot of fun! Everyone was so happy. I didn't even mind that Cathe had to modify due to eye surgery. It was so good!
Yoga back to Udaya and Rudy and Lay Me Down to Sleep. Very slow all floor stretches. Just needed a little "ahhh".

Thurs: Body Combat 22. This is pretty old and Dan and Rach are so young. I bought this one ages ago and it's just as fun as new Combats.
Yoga, still Udaya but tried Annie Carpenter's SmartFlow Hip Opener. Fantastic Iyengar practices and she's so sweet.

Today nothing. Looking through some longer classes right now.

Off to read all your posts. I think you all are marvelous!! Way to go on all your fantastic workouts! :D

Malinda 07-23-21 12:23 PM

Instructor #9!

Jules, I think I'm going to go for it! So in light of that...

Today's workout was Rev Abs - Fat Burning Abs - on BeachBody on Demand. This is a 40-minute workout that includes ab work and some cardio. It is one of the Phase 2 workouts and I would classify it as low-intermediate. I've never done one of these workouts -- I don't remember them getting much love on VF and I can kind of see why. The cheese factor wasn't as high as I was expecting (Rockin' Body is WAY cheesier), and I enjoyed the workout and would do it again, but there just wasn't anything special about it. Brett Hoebel is super-cute, though. :D

I plotted out the remaining 11 instructors I will do, and am looking forward to doing some things I've either never done before, or haven't done in a LONG time!

I hope you all have a wonderful day -- hello, weekend! :music:

Malinda 07-23-21 02:46 PM

Kate! We were posting at the same time. Good to see you! Good for you for keeping up with your workouts. You are amazing!

Mickey12 07-24-21 07:19 PM

Malinda what color is your hair now? It just popped into my head that you had bright colored highlights put in a while back. SO FUN! Have you kept them or moved on to something else?

I picked up some fifty cent VHS at the thrift store last week. Today I did a Richard Simmons Sweat and Tone. It was 42 minutes of band work. I have really been slacking on my workouts lately and it was not too easy! Wow, I was surprised. I thought it would be a cake walk. I noticed mid way through that my band had a worn spot and rather than risk it breaking and snapping me in the face, I finished the workout with weights.

Today we went to a graduation party for my husband’s second cousin. We had a good time seeing family we don’t get to see and my husband really enjoyed catching up with people from his old neighborhood. It was a beautiful day to be outside.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :sun:

Malinda 07-26-21 03:07 PM

Hi Chicks! Happy Monday!

Kim - I knew you'd be back to workouts after the big clean-up! I still have the teal, pink, and purple highlights in my hair. They are starting to fade a little -- the teal ones seem to have to strongest staying power. I might get more in a few months. I thought about getting several different shades of blue next time.

Linda - I love your new avatar!!!

Waves to Jules and Kate!

I'm still on track with the 20 different instructors:

Sat, #10 - Amy Dixon, BB with DH
Sun, #11 - Erin Sampson, Five Parks Yoga - hips
Mon, #12 - Kelly Coffey Meyer - TLC workout #1, boxing

Poor DH pulled his left hamstring doing yoga yesterday - what a bummer! He's going to have to take it easy for a few weeks. He's not very good at taking it easy, but he is getting better about it. We have to, if we are going to keep doing this for 30+ years, which we fully intend to do!

Y'all take care!

Jules 07-27-21 03:49 PM

Hi Gals! I have been enjoying some of my fave workouts the past few days.

Fri: BodyPump 108 + Travis S&S #2
Sat: BodyCombat 78
Sun: High Step Challenge
Mon: House Cleaning (We will have house guests for most of August)
Today: Cathe's X77 premix ( Heavily modified to protect my knee)

I also take the dog for her daily walk. I have a little bit of house cleaning left that I plan to finish up tomorrow. It is still hot and smoky outside so we have not been doing many of our usual summer activities. My knee is feeling ok. I think I am past the acute phase and onto the healing phase now. I just have to be careful not to re-injure it again. I have already done that a couple of times. :o

Malinda: OUCH on your husband's hamstring injury! You would think he would have a higher chance getting hurt doing a jumping workout rather than yoga. I am sure it was a huge surprise. Fingers crossed he heals quickly. Great job on your 20 for 20 challenge!

Kim: Nice thrift store find! I think I remember you saying you preordered the Boss Bands and Loops? I hope they ship to us soon - I am excited for something new from Cathe.

Kate: Nice mix! I really like Cathe's Fit Tower workouts too. I am glad you can still do them w/o the tower. I caved and bought the tower on a Black Friday sale. I mostly use it to stretch out my hamstrings every time I walk by it.

Linda: Love your new avi!

KateTT 07-28-21 11:55 AM

Hey Fit Chicks!!!

Malinda: I love your "instructors" rotation! How fun! And lots of variety.

Kim: LOL on Richard Simmons. Now THAT is cheesy. But he's very energetic!

Jules: I found that I was really behind on some of the LMOD Pumps.

Mixing things up a little this week. And no Cathe!
Monday I did LMOD Body Pump 114. I got behind on some of the new Pumps. Good as usual and the reps!!
Yoga was a freebie on YouTube from Travis Slow Flow Yoga. Super nice!!

Tuesday was LMOD Body Combat 86. I missed this one somehow! Great BC with some really cool virtual instructors. LM manages to keep things fresh even during a pandemic.
Yoga was Maya Fiennes' Journey thru the Chakras Courage. I had not done Kundalini for ages. It felt really good.

Today I did Hammer & Chisel and Autumn's Chisel Balance + ISO Strength. I had this set ages ago, didn't like it but then got it back. Although they are supposed to be total body, it hits the legs and glutes a lot. And yet I am feeling it everywhere.
These are short so I'll be putting two together for a longer workout for me. I am also going to do my own rotation doing Autumn's workouts one day and Sagi's the other.
I like them MUCH better this time around. I really don't know why I didn't like them before???

Here's to a great rest-of-the-week for everyone! :heart: :love:

Malinda 07-28-21 12:28 PM

Jules - It sounds like your fave workouts are pretty challenging!

Kate - I’ve done Chisel Balance a couple of times - that workout leaves me so sore! I’ve considered trying an H&C rotation with my usual modifications of adding in cardio days. Funny how we can love or hate a workout/set at one point, then do a complete 180 on it later!

Hi Kim and Linda!

DH’s hamstring is already getting better, so he’s not sure he actually strained it. He is a “turn it up to 11” kind of guy, even with yoga, so I guess it’s not surprising that he could pull a muscle doing it! He’s doing yoga right now, and I just heard him yell, so I don’t know what is going on!!!

Tues. #13 - Sagi, Body Beast Total Body
Wed. #14 - Jillian, Extreme Shed and Shred Level 1

I am really enjoying this “rotation”!

Malinda 08-02-21 05:59 PM

It seems our check-in has dwindled!

I'm almost finished with my 20 instructors rotation.

Thursday, #15 - Tony Horton - 22 Hard Corps Abs & one of the cardio ones, I can't remember the name. I've never really cared for Tony's cardio, and this one was no exception. 82 burpees over the span of 20 minutes is a bit much, even for a burpee lover like me.
Friday, #16 - Yoga with Adrien - Hamstrings & Low Back
Saturday, #17 - Shaun T - T25 Gamma Pyramid - I found the cueing in this one to be frustrating. Some exercises we went up the pyramid for 7 sets, some for 11, some for 6 -- it seemed so random and kind of hard to follow.
Sunday, #18 - Erin Maw (Les Mills) - House of Cardio. This is a workout that she filmed during COVID lockdowns. It's a pretty fierce 30 minutes!
Monday, #19 - Chris Downing - Shift Shop (BOD) Quick Speed + Mobility - I'm feeling a little sinusey today so I went for a workout in the Prep Week for this set. It wasn't bad. I can see myself trying another one in the set at some point. The workouts use colored markers on the floor but I just used my imagination, or used dixie cups in one of the exercises, and it was fine.

I'm hoping to finish out with Body Project, Cardio Starter as #20 sometime this week. I'll be away from home and that's a go-to travel workout for me.

Overall, this has been a lot of fun. I've tried several instructors and/or sets on BOD that were new to me.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Jules 08-03-21 11:56 AM

Hi FitChicks! Sorry I have been MIA. My in-laws are visiting and it is hard to check in since my computer is in the kitchen where everyone hangs out. Luckily, I have still been able to get my workouts in.

Wed: Party Rockin' Step 2 + Step Sync Finished Product + Ab Stacker Core
Thur: Cathe's Muscle Max (Still my fave total body workout of all time :love:)
Fri: Les Mills: The Trip #20. Unfortunately, it did irritate my knee :(
Sat: Cathe's Intensity + the core work from High Reps
Sun: Cathe's Low Impact Circuit
Mon: BodyCombat #77 + Short & Sweet Yoga #3 (I can tell I have slacking on yoga - my muscles were cramping up)

Today I have the house to myself! My daughter is working and everyone else left to fish and shoot guns for the day. I plan to do BodyPump 102 and some yin yoga.

Malinda: I think Tony shines at weight work and I enjoy his yoga, but I agree that cardio isn't his strong suit. Hate Kenpo. Glad to hear the 20 Instructor Challenge was fun! :music:

High fives to everyone!

KateTT 08-03-21 02:10 PM

Hi you guys. Oh such drama lately. My son Justin had to be rushed to ER last Wed night. Severe stomach pain. He ended up in the hospital until late yesterday. More tests, more procedures and they had to already replace the stint in his liver. Somehow it had gotten infected. But he's home now and better. I am slightly more insane but we're all getting thru it! ;-)

Malinda: WOW those are great workouts!! You are mixing some great ones into your rotation! Body Projects are all fun too. Nice job!

Jules: I agree...Tony's cardio is so-so. I also do NOT like his Yoga...he does not instruct enough and I hate looking at the screen when I practice.

So lets see...here's last week and this week so far.
Thurs: I did Body Jam 65. So much fun and I needed something to take my mind off Justin. I bought this one off eBay.
Yoga: Poweryoga.com Dan Ward and Yin Restorative. Needed something calming and this worked great.

Fri: Hammer Plyometric + ISO Speed + Abs, Not my favorites but I worked hard and am feeling it. Both were a little too fast paced doing burpees to pullups back to burpees, etc. So I just did the pullups with my assist. I did like the weight work though.
Yoga was Gaia.com Troy Hadeed Magic Morning

Yesterday: Cathe Live 163 Buff Upper Body. Oooh I like this one. Have done it a couple times and love the triset work!
No Yoga as I went to help son get settled back in from the hospital.

Today I did Body Attack 66. Weeee! I just got some new Reeboks similar to the ones they sell on LM and love how my feet don't hurt during the impact moves. Finally some good shoes.
Just finished Poweryoga.com Serge and Humility in our Hips. A lovely, lovely slower flow. Not too hard, not too fast. Ahhh.

High fives right back!!

fanofladyvols 08-03-21 02:57 PM

Malinda oh my goodness please tell me the yell your husband made wasn't him reinjuring his hammie. Thanks for info on T25 gamma. I haven't been brave enough to try those workouts yet.
Jules how's the knee? I love muscle max too.
Kate yipes on your son! Will any of this delay his surgery ?

Kim thanks for letting me know about the yoga. I remember liking the version I have.

All of you guys are really powering through..way to go!!

Let's see over the weekend I did Body Groove Groovy yoga and exercise TV Yogafit plus. Yesterday was an unplanned rest day and today has been kettlebells and 21DF cardio fix. I think I'm headed in the direction of doing 21DF and PIYO until my hike. Then after that I'm up in the air. Can't decide what I want to do next...so many videos..only one body! :D

fanofladyvols 08-06-21 03:07 PM

Just popping in to say I have had some great workouts lately! Yesterday was kettlebells (ab focused) then CS #418 abdominals. Today was a full body strength day using Caroline Sandry Yoga pilates lower body; 21 DF upper. Enjoyed them all and went well together.

I hope you all have a great weekend :heart:

Mickey12 08-06-21 05:10 PM

Jules I hope you're having great family time with your inlaws visiting. Are you guys doing any site seeing or day trips while they're there?

We have had spectacular, non-humid weather lately. I went for a walk at lunch almost every day this week. Today I wanted something fun so I opted for CIA 2701, Gay Gasper All Out Infused Step. Really, really fun choreography and moderate step work. Good stuff!

I had to get an inspection and oil change on my vehicle today after work so I walked to the farmers market while it was being serviced. I got beans, zucchini, beets, tomatoes and multigrain scones. Yum!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :sun:

Jules 08-07-21 05:14 PM

Hey Gals! I have to say I am impressed with the variety of workouts everyone is doing on this checkin. I am not familiar with most of the recent ones listed here. It is so cool we are all happy doing our own thing and that there are so many choices out there. Remember when there was only The Firm, Buns of Steel, Jane Fonda and Jazzercise, LOL?

My in-laws are here for another day or two and then they are headed to visit a friend in Boise, Idaho. Mostly they have been trying to fly fish, but with the unusually hot weather this summer the fishing has not been great. The fish are very stressed. Today we went to an art fair but didn't buy anything. My folks will arrive from Minnesota for a 10 day visit on Wednesday.

My knee is slowly healing. I can tell it is much better when I am hiking uphill, but it still hurts when I do certain moves like air jacks or when I get on the spin bike. I am bummed b/c I am missing my bike, but it will be there when my knee is healed, plus I can still use it if I slow down and use less tension.

Workouts:

Wednesday: Cathe's Terminator Gauntlet
Thursday: Swimming at the lake
Friday: Cathe's Crossfire + RWH Bonus Core #1
Today: Pyramid Upper Body + Short & Sweet Yoga #1

fanofladyvols 08-09-21 03:25 PM

Kim I love farmers markets! Today I have made a salad out of lots of veggies we have been getting from a friend. Excited for it! Did you snag the box of VHS on STW? If so, I can't wait to hear your adventures with it :D

Jules I am glad your knee is ok enough to still exercise. Wishing you continued healing. It took me about a year to really get my knee back but there are still some things I won't try.

This Saturday is my hike! So I going to keep pushing until Thursday. Then only do very low key stuff Thursday/Friday.

Today was Sandry Yoga pilates band strengthening and 21DF lower and pilates fix. I really have enjoyed these 21DF workouts. There's a guy in lower fix, Antonio, he's so smiley happy I wish I could work out with him in person. He looks like he's having as much fun as I am ...what a workout party that would be! :music:

Happy Monday Malinda and Kate!

Mickey12 08-10-21 12:18 PM

Linda I didn't get to the box of VHS on Share the Wealth in time. Someone was ahead of me. Bummer. She sent me a list of what she had and I really did have the vast majority of them already, but there were a few that I would have liked to try. I was willing to take the entire lot (even though I had most already) to help her out since she is moving, but apparently the other person also was taking everything.

I ordered some really old Leslie Sansone workouts from Amazon after reading another thread on the general discussion page and one of those came yesterday. I was trying to figure out what workout to do, I went to get the mail and there it was, so it was very serendipitous. BUT, when I looked at my Leslie collection, I realized I already had that particular DVD. :mad: I should have checked my stash before I ordered. :o I did the workout and enjoyed it though. Not sure if you're a Leslie fan, but it had more varied moves than her more recent workouts and I appreciated that.

Can't wait to hear about your hike. :D

I was going to go out for a walk at lunch but it's raining.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Malinda 08-10-21 01:58 PM

Hi everyone!

Now it’s my turn to apologize for being MIA. We met up with a group of friends in Taos, New Mexico last week. Each couple had their own house on the same street; everyone did their own thing during the day (sometimes together, sometimes apart) and then met up in the evenings. It was a lot of fun!

Kate - I am so sorry that your son is having so many health problems. I hope he can get stronger quickly so that he can get on with his surgery. On a different note, yay for new shoes!

Jules - I hope you are enjoying all that company. I’m afraid I would lose my mind, even with family that I love visiting for more than a couple of days. I am such a loner and my home is my safe space. I sure hope your knee continues to improve.

Linda - I hope you have an awesome hike! You’ll have to let us know all about it!

Kim - Your bounty from the Farmer’s Market sounds fabulous.

I managed to get a couple of workouts in while in Taos:

Thursday - 5.5 mile walk along the rim of a valley that was just breathtaking - both physically & visually!
Friday - Instructor(s) #20 & 21 - BurpeeGirl and Caroline Girvan - DH had edited together a combination of moves from a Low Impact Steady State workout by BurpeeGirl and a Steady State workout by Caroline Girvan to make a 45-minute LISS workout. It turned out to be a really good workout that I will definitely do again!

I was really draggy on Sunday and Monday after a 14 hour drive Saturday. Workouts after returning home:

Sunday - #MBF Day 2 Core Circuit
Monday - Core de Force MMA Mashup

So I managed to complete the 20 instructors challenge (though certainly not in 20 days). Now I’m itching for a rotation. I haven’t had time to figure out what I want to do next, but I’m considering another round of #MBF/#MBFA. In light of that:

Today - #MBF, Day 1 - Lower Body Burn

Apparently DH has overtrained his hips, so the pain during yoga was probably a strain of the hamstring at the insertion point into the glute. He has been doing a lot of hip rehab, plus he started doing swings and increased weight and reps WAY too fast (IMHO), plus he had added in several more plyo workouts to his monthly regimen. Like I said, he is a “turn it up to 11” kind of guy. So he is having to dial it back to a 3-4 for a while!

Have a great week, everyone!

fanofladyvols 08-10-21 11:04 PM

Kim awww, I was really hoping you were able to snag those! I don't know how anyone keeps the Leslie walks straight...they all look the same to me when I see the covers.

Malinda I hope your husband gives that hip all the time it needs to heal. (Trying to get my husband to do more mobility so he can lift without additional pain is a trial to say the least. )

Today was kettlebells cardio and ab work. Then I followed that with PIYO Drench. Boy is that workout a woman maker! Very long and tough on for me.

Wonderful Wednesday wishes to all!!

Mickey12 08-11-21 06:42 AM

Malinda that vacation in Taos sounds heavenly, well except for the 14 hour drive. Wow, that's a LONG time. Did you guys take turns? Question: were any of the other friends with you into fitness like you and your husband? My experience is that it's really hard to find other people who enjoy exercise.

Linda I noticed the time of your post. Are you normally awake at that time? :eek:

I'm hoping for a walk today at lunch since I have things to do after work and won't be able to exercise tonight.

Hello to Kate and Jules :sun:

fanofladyvols 08-11-21 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2936898)
Linda I noticed the time of your post. Are you normally awake at that time? :eek:

Sometimes, yes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fanofladyvols 08-11-21 07:23 PM

Today put on my camouflage leggings and did CIA 2904 kickbox surge premix plus fusion segment. So much fun!!

Mickey12 08-11-21 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2936995)
Today put on my camouflage leggings and did CIA 2904 kickbox surge premix plus fusion segment. So much fun!!

Is that the one with Kimberly Spreen?

fanofladyvols 08-11-21 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2937001)
Is that the one with Kimberly Spreen?

Yes ma'am!

Malinda 08-13-21 11:19 AM

Hi Chicks! Happy Friday!

Linda - Have an AWESOME time on your hike! You are gonna kick a$$! Oh, and camouflage leggings? How cute!!

Kim - The group in Taos consisted of one couple with whom everyone is friends, and three other couples who know each other casually through that main couple. We really bonded with one of those couples on this trip - we found we had a lot in common with them. The woman runs, so we talked a lot about exercise, and how it keeps us sane, with her. She took a run one day on the route that we walked. I don't think anyone else that was there is into exercise like we are.

Hi Jules & Kate!

I had to take my boy kitty to the vet this morning; I think he has another UTI. I ended up having to leave him there for the day so they can get a urine sample. Poor baby. His sister is driving me nuts -- I think she misses him.

From the looks of my workouts, I am definitely going to do another round of #MBF. My legs are still super-sore from the lower body workout on Tuesday.

Wed - MBF Day 2, Core Circuit
Thurs - MBF Day 3, Upper Body Burn
Fri - MBF Day 4, Core Circuit

I really like these workouts. Short, to the point, a mixture of cardio, strength, and core, and I like the trainer so much. I will add my pull-up/push-up/swing work to the workouts a few days a week. The cardio portions get a little boring, but they are only 30 second intervals, and I just sub in something else when I get bored - butt kicks, burpees, whatever.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting up with a former co-worker and a current co-worker to walk around the Lake in Austin. It will be so good to see them!

DH leaves on a business trip Sunday, so it'll just be me and the kittens and chickens for a week. He does all of the cooking and kitchen cleaning, so I'll be busier than normal while he's gone. And our dishwasher crapped out on us a couple of days ago, so it's handwashing time! I don't mind that, though -- I find it soothing.

Okay, FitChicks, y'all have an awesome weekend! I can't wait to hear about your hike, Linda -- enjoy it!