Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

fanofladyvols 04-30-21 07:47 PM

Jules YES I am planning on preordering. I'm kind of hoping on either one of the strong and sweaty I'm missing or the RWH legs will show up in daily deals first. But I might just give up and order because waiting is KILLING me haha.

I'm sorry to hear your band broke..I look mine over all the time and I have a couple that I will purge once I get these from Cathe.

The shipping cost is a bummer but I also have been noticing how expensive things are to ship lately so I'm not surprised. The equipment I have from her has been great quality so I don't think I will be disappointed.

I need to remember your advice about Low impact circuit.

Today was yard maintenance but I managed to get my workout done first. I did mobility, get up practice and push pull swing challenge day #11.

Wishing you all a sunny Saturday!! :love::sun:

Mickey12 05-01-21 08:22 AM

Jules, I already preordered Cathe’s new set with the bands. I agree with Linda, shipping costs seem to have gotten so expensive, I can understand why she didn’t offer the free shipping on these. I believe there was a post that Cathe pretty much said the same thing - costs were just too high to ship the bands for her to offer the shipping for free. I’m ok with it. I am so excited to get new workouts and fitness equipment that it wasn’t even a hesitation for me.

Malinda how was the bachelorette party? I’m really curious to know what you guys did. How many ladies were there?

Yesterday I did a couple of short practices from 30 Day Yoga Retreat. I was somewhat sore from doing Cathe’s Ramped Up Upper Body the day before so I was happy to do something not too strenuous. I have to get back to Inner Dimensions too. I subscribed in March and was using it fairly regularly and then I sort of forgot about it. :eek:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :heart:

Malinda 05-04-21 03:33 PM

Whoo, boy, what a weekend! I'm just now starting to feel recovered!

The bachelorette party was very fun. There were seven of us in attendance, four very close friends of the bride, plus the bride's daughter and her daughter's best friend. We went to a speakeasy - we had a private room where we could unmask if we chose to. It was ridiculously pretentious and I would never consider going there again, but it was fun. Then we went back to the condo (that had FIVE BEDROOMS - it was crazy huge) and ate and drank some more and danced and visited. The bachelorette was in bed by 9:30! Everyone else, except the girls, went to bed by 10:30. The youngins stayed up and watched Magic Mike - and I guess there is a sequel that they watched as well? I have no idea - I am hopelessly out of touch with pop culture anymore!

It was a busy weekend, with dinner Friday night, the wedding Saturday evening, and brunch Sunday. The wedding was in their backyard. The groom's sister DJ'ed and we all danced and had a blast. DH and I made brunch but served it at the bride & groom's house. It was a small group of close friends and relatives all weekend. Everyone was vaccinated, so we could relax and just enjoy being together.

Workouts:

Fri - Turbo Jam Cardio Party Live
Sat - Body Project Cardio Starter
Sun - Off
Mon - Triple Wave Pyramid w/ DH
Tue - Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3

I feel like I need to do a lot of cardio to burn off all the food and alcohol I consumed from Thursday - Sunday!

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Jules 05-05-21 11:45 AM

Malinda - Sounds like a great time was had by all! :sun: I am sure you will burn off those extra calories in no time.

Kim & Linda - I haven't ordered yet, but I will before the pre-sale ends. I really want the round mat too, but my husband would not be impressed if it just showed up... I can't hide that, LOL. Maybe for my summer b-day.

Hi Kate!

Since May is very busy for me, I am just trying to work out when I can. I am putting the daily yoga sessions somewhat on hold, but I will get back to them once school is out.

Monday: Step, Jump & Pump
Tuesday: High Step Challenge + walk
Wednesday: Kick, Punch & Crunch

Mickey12 05-06-21 06:14 AM

Malinda your wedding weekend sounds great. I know what you mean about needing time to recover though. I find, even more as I get older, that I need down time on the weekends to feel refreshed for the upcoming week. If my weekend is too jam packed with activity (no matter how fun), I don’t feel like I got a break from work. I envy those who can just go, go, go.

Linda I never got into Tracie Long. I previewed her workouts numerous times after reading raves on VF, but she never lit a spark for me. Part of it is no background exercisers and her music always seemed low. I had the Firms ballroom workouts, I think she did those, and I couldn’t even finish them. I found them just dreadful in every aspect. I’m glad you enjoy her workouts as she has a lot of them.

Jules I am always afraid when a band breaks that it will snap me in the face. I have not had them break often and thankfully none ever hit my face. I guess we should be replacing them regularly.

Kate your P90X workouts make me want to get them out. I never did a rotation of them, but I like them. Actually I really like the newer P90X3 which is a similar format but with 30 minute workouts.

I’m worried about a 500 error. I will finish in another post.

Mickey12 05-06-21 06:18 AM

Ok, that posted. Yikes. Anyway, I am a juror this week and part of next week on a federal criminal case. My schedule is mixed up so I am working out in the morning instead of the afternoon. Yesterday I did Cathe’s Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit one. Only 30 minutes and not too terribly brutal.

Today I might do Cathe but I have to look at my other Watulan checkin for some inspiration.

Hope everyone has a great day!

fanofladyvols 05-06-21 09:17 AM

Malinda the party sounded very fun. I was relieved you didn't mention middle age male dancers!

Jules I just picked up HST and HSC...do you have both? Is one easier in intensity and /or choreography than the other?

Kim haha so how do you feel about Tracie Long??:p How great is it that we all can use different trainers? I wouldn't exercise if my only options were Michelle, Christi, and Mindy...I'd be in the back of the class sitting by the wall pouting!! (How I spent PE growing up mad that I couldn't read a book!)

Yesterday I decided to combine the Rock hard rotation lunges and BBW into one workout and chase it with some CS. I did warmups from Tracie and Lauren and broke up the lunges in sets of 50 by sandwiching mobility. I was a sweaty mess. I can't imagine doing these after another workout. I foam rolled before bed and feel ready to rock :music:

Kate hope you're well ! I'm sure you're still slinging those weights :D

KateTT 05-06-21 11:41 AM

HI girls!! So sorry to be so MIA! Work and life has just kept me so busy lately! Spring has arrived in MN and I spend as much spare time as I can outside in my gardens. Having 4 yards of good garden dirt delivered today. :D

So quick catch up!
Mon: I felt very sick to my stomach early Mon morning. I'll spare you the gory details, but it was enough that I didn't feel like working out. I did work though.
I also did some Udaya Yoga with Anna Orbison, Detox & Destress. I was looking for a detoxing practice since my tummy had some kind of bug in it. I felt much better by evening.

Tues: P90x Shoulders & Arms. As Tony says, the glamour muscles. And my favorite to work. As my usual, I went as heavy as I could and did 12-15 reps. These are fun. Not killer hard and even entertaining.
More Udaya Yoga and Jeff Beaudoin's Zyre Phat Habit. Got tough. Dr Jeff is one of my favs but his practices can also get pretty tough.

Wed: P90 Masters Plyo Legs. This is the oldest Tony workout I have (from the Masters Series) but it is fantastic! Totally bodyweight only but fries the legs anyway. And fun again. Tony is a hoot.
Yoga was from my Power Yoga Teacher Training. We have to learn and memorize what Bryan calls the Brahma Flow. So I also actually did the WHOLE !@#! 90 minutes of it!! Whew! Actually very basic but of course Bryan loves to cook the legs and butt.

Today I did both P90x Kenpo X + P90x CardioX. These are definitely not very hard even with weighted gloves and increasing the intensity. So that's why I did both. Still fun though.

Jules: I preordered! Decent price and I love the look of the bands and loops. I've broken a few of my old bands so nice to get some more.

Linda: Some of the X workouts are tough, especially if you go heavy enough. The cardio is lacking although I love Plyometrics.

Kim: Yes the shipping was high. But for Cathe, I'll pay that. And if costs are so high, I don't mind paying to support her.

Waves and hugs to everyone else. Gotta get back to it.

FYI: Power Yoga Teacher Training is going well. Just into Week 2 so far.

:sun:

Mickey12 05-06-21 03:39 PM

Kate the yoga training with Bryan sounds so interesting. I would love to hear more as you go through it.

KateTT 05-07-21 12:33 PM

Kim, so far I'm just in Week 2 which includes watching some videos, reading some lessons and we are supposed to practice Yoga at least 3 days a week. Easy for me as I usually do 5.

Ended out the week with P90x Chest & Back & Ab Ripper X. I have only done Chest & Back twice and the last time was Feb 2010!!! That's because it's ALL pushups and pullups with the exception of 3 back exercises with weights and it really had some dread for me. However, that has changed. Still a good fun workout but tough.
My whole upper body is sore and I totally had to drop to my knees for the pushups. I lost count after so many sets but there had to be at least 100 reps of pushups. YOW!

Getting a bit better with pullups still using my Pullup Assist band. That does help and I can get a wee bit more range of motion.

I'm thinking of continuing with Tony with the P90X Plus workouts next week. I'm also expecting to get some Sarah Lurie kettlebell workouts too so maybe???

Has anyone done these? Comments:
Sarah Lurie Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 1
Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 2
Kettlebells the Iron Core Warrior
Lurie Kettlebells the Iron Core Boot Camp

Have a great weekend! :sun: :sun:

fanofladyvols 05-07-21 01:29 PM

Quote:

Has anyone done these? Comments:
Sarah Lurie Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 1
Kettlebells the Iron Core Way 2
Kettlebells the Iron Core Warrior
Lurie Kettlebells the Iron Core Boot Camp

Sorry Kate, I haven't done any of these!

Malinda 05-10-21 11:30 AM

Happy Monday everyone!

So many varied workouts in our group! I love reading about them all.

Linda - how many sets of 50 lunges did you do? That sounds kinda brutal.

Kate - I did one of the Boot #11 classes yesterday. I liked it, but I think I will like the other one on the disc better (no breaks). I am actually sore from the pendulum things! Thanks again for those workouts! :sun:

Kim - I have RWH Low Impact #1 on the schedule for tomorrow. I've done it once and I liked it.

Jules - I am so impressed with all the step workouts you are doing!

Friday our former personal trainer who became a close friend, and eventually like a daughter to us, graduated from the Austin Fire Academy, and we attended her graduation ceremony. There were 3,770 applicants, 24 of whom were chosen for the class. Of those 24, 13 graduated. She was the only female, and also the oldest in her class. She is awesome! It was very moving for us to be in the room with so many heroes, and hear the Chief speak.

Workouts:

Wed - RWH Lift It HIIT It Legs - fun and tough!
Thurs - 3 mile walk
Fri - A homemade ISO core routine
Sat - Breathless Body with DH
Sun - Boot #11 - Class 1
Today - RWH Lift It HIIT It Legs again - I'm starting the one-month RWH rotation today

Have an awesome day!!!

Jules 05-10-21 08:34 PM

Hey Gals! I'm still here! I tweaked my knee so I did not work out over the weekend. It is feeling better today, but is not totally healed yet. On Friday I pushed pretty hard during a spin session and I had the resistance cranked way up. I think that is how I got injured. I felt totally fine Friday night. On Saturday morning I went to my son's soccer game in the cold rain and my knee was stiff and achey all weekend after that.

Mother's Day was nice. My husband took me out to eat. Most people here are not wearing masks any more - just in schools and the stores that require them like Costco. I am relieved that my kids will be eligible to get vaccinated soon too!

This morning I wore a neoprene knee sleeve and did the cardio from Cathe's CTX All Step on a 6 inch step. I followed up with Yoga 30 for 30 Yin and went on a 2 mile walk. So far my knee feels ok. The yoga felt great!

Linda:
Quote:

I just picked up HST and HSC...do you have both? Is one easier in intensity and /or choreography than the other?
I find them to be pretty comparable in intensity. HST has A LOT of leg presses so I have to be in the mood to do that one. HSC has more variety and band work plus fun music. :music: HST has no core work so I usually add it in myself.

Kim:I hope that court case is an interesting one! My dad is a retired district court judge so I have heard a lot of fascinating tales from him.

Kate: Can't wait to hear more about the yoga training with Bryan! It sounds like you are having a blast with Tony too. :sun: I am not familiar with those kb workouts.

Malinda: Thanks for sharing the inspiring story about your former trainer. Wow! She sure has had an amazing journey so far! I am happy to hear you are enjoying RWH! :heart:

Mickey12 05-11-21 07:32 AM

Jules sorry you tweaked your knee. I'm glad you're taking it easy for a while. We live in a rural community so a lot of businesses don't require masks anymore but when we go to the "cities", (haha, we live in such a small town area), masks are still required. My husband and I are both vaccinated so I feel so much better about returning to things we used to do.

Malinda the story of your personal trainer turned fire fighter is really inspiring. That's incredible for her. Those applicant numbers versus those who graduated are remarkable.

Today I did Cathe's Tabatasize rounds 1 and 2, then a 30 minute practice from 30 Day Yoga Retreat. Really hard stuff and then really nice movement and easy stretches. It was a great way to start my day.

Hi to Linda and Kate :heart:

KateTT 05-11-21 06:43 PM

Malinda: So glad you are liking them!! Group Rx had some good ones.

Jules: Entering the 3rd week of Power Yoga teacher training and it's been good so far. The toughest thing is memorizing a specific practice and doing it on my own without cueing.
Hope your knee is better.

Kim: Is 30 Day Yoga Retreat on ID?

I have already totally changed my rotation for this week. I started doing P90x+ Upper Plus and just wasn't feeling it. So I popped in my new Iron Core Kettlebell set. Started with Iron Core Kbell #1. Very basic but really pretty good, especially going with heavier bells. I used my 20, 25 and 35. I like Sarah Lurie and will keep working through the other 3 (out of 4) workouts.

Today swung back to Cathe and did Step Boss Imax4. I did the Double Blast premix this time and it was fantastic!!!! Came in at just over an hour so perfect time too. What a fun cardio workout.

Belated Happy Mother's day. Hugs to all! Have a great week!

Mickey12 05-12-21 12:06 PM

Kate 30 Day Yoga Retreat is a Beachbody production. Thanks to Linda I have a set that she picked up at a thrift store for me. It's 30 minutes (or less) practices for beginners. It's very basic, but one of the instructors is Vytas and I just love him. :love:

KateTT 05-12-21 01:57 PM

Kim: Ah ha!!! I'll have to check that out as I subscribe to BOD. I love Vytas too. He can get really tough but his form tips are superb!!

Today I did Sarah Lurie Iron Core Way 2 and added on Skogg Kettlebell Roots Level 1. I wasn't as thrilled with ICW2 and the actual workout is only about 35 min so that's why I added Skogg. Short and sweet. I forgot how good his Kbell workouts are. And I haven't done them in ages.

I have still been doing Yoga almost every day. Today was Eoin Finn's audio practice called Blissology Conduit.
Check this out if you like Eoin. They're all free!
https://www.mixcloud.com/yogablissologywitheoinfinn/

Jules 05-16-21 01:40 PM

Whew! This past week was packed with kids' activities but we powered through it. My son's last soccer game of the season was yesterday and they remained undefeated! My daughter qualified for divisional track & field. She still has one big meet left this week and then she will probably be done unless she miraculously qualifies for state. :p

My knee is still sore so I am limiting heavier cardio to 30 minutes per day while wearing a neoprene brace.

Mon: CTX: All Step cardio + 30 for 30: Yin
Tues: BodyPump 96
Wed: 4 Day Split: Low Impact Step cardio + Flexibility & Beyond: Foundations
Thur: 4 Day Split: Kickbox cardio + Travis Short & Sweet #1
Fr: BodyPump 108
Sat: Off
Sun: BodyMax 2 Step + Upper Body (No Power Circuit)

The new mask rule doesn't change much around here since hardly anyone is masking up any more. I scheduled my kids to get their shots soon so they will be fully vaccinated before July. There are still new Covid cases in our schools.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :sun:

KateTT 05-17-21 12:56 PM

Jules: I am still going to keep wearing my mask if I go into stores. Our Walmart is gigantic and often feels like a huge petri dish to me. I am SO glad you can get your kids vaccinated.

Back to Friday: Les Mills Body Jam 70 which is my all time favorite Jam! Great tunes and I love the choreography. I still look like a dork but it's fun.

Friday was Amy Bento's Drop Set Strength. I just pulled this one out of the blue as I wasn't up for my planned workout. I decided I really didn't care much for the Iron Core set.

Today I started the week with Skogg Intervals Level 4. Yes! I had started an Iron Core workout but was not feeling it. Had a great time with Skogg and will continue on with some of his kbell workouts for a while. Mixing Cathe cardio in too.

Happy Monday :sun:

KateTT 05-18-21 01:55 PM

Hey Chicks!!
Today's workout was fun and fab! I did Cathe's Crossfire and boy, do I love that one!!! Yes there are very light weights and loop used but it's only to intensify the cardio. I think this is one of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts.

Popped in my Eoin Finn Blissology Project today..did Bliss Monday and it's SO sweet. And that boy Eoin is so super chill....still my favorite instructor!

Happy Tuesday!

KateTT 05-19-21 12:44 PM

Hello again. :sun:

Today was Skogg Kettlebell At Home Phase 1 Strength 1 workout. There are actually 6 workouts on this DVD. Two strength, two conditioning, two power. All about 40-60 minutes long. I have not done these since about 2014 and am really happy to revisit!!

Strength 1 was about 45 min long so I added on a couple extra sets. Nice warmup and cooldown/stretch! I always feel so well worked with kbells and I can even lift heavier (sometimes).

More Eoin yoga here shortly. Just finishing work then it's time for Zen. :love:

KateTT 05-20-21 12:03 PM

It's the Me, Myself, and I show!! :D

Today I did Cathe's To the Max. YOWIE! I had done this once and according to my notes, I raved. I'm still raving. But tough stuff, especially with a step with three risers! This has more impact than Crossfire and I was drenched with sweat!

I just used 5lb dumbells for everything as I really just wanted this to be more cardio.
I also just had to stop sometimes during the HiiT rounds. But I kept up pretty good! I did the Extreme Mix which has all the bonuses included.

Hugs to all!

Jules 05-20-21 06:08 PM

Sorry to leave you hanging here by yourself Kate! Congrats on doing both Crossfire and To The Max this week! I love Crossfire but have to get myself psyched up for To The Max b/c it is so hard.

I am still babying my knee so I am choosing workouts that are very doable these days:

Mon: 4 Day Split: Higher Intensity Cardio (no weight work) + Travis S&S #2
Tues: Cathe's Muscle Endurance
Wed: 1st 30 minutes of Rockout Knockout + Travis S&S #3
Today: LITE Body Weight & Bands + 30 for 30 Yin

Brrrrr! It is super cold and windy here and it is supposed to snow in parts of the state tonight. My daughter has her big track meet tomorrow so the weather is a bummer. I hope the petunias that I just planted will be ok - they are hardy.

Waves to Kim, Linda , Malinda and everyone else!

Malinda 05-20-21 06:50 PM

Hi y'all!

I'm still here, it's just been really busy -- having to go into the office for a few weeks and it's really disrupted my chi.

I'm still reading posts and doing the RWH rotation.

I'll post more soon, hopefully!

Go Team FitChicks!

Jules 05-26-21 09:40 AM

Hey Gals! Unfortunately, I have been sick with digestive problems since Sunday. I have had issues in the past, so I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist. They are so busy I can't get in until August, but I am definitely going to ask for a colonoscopy since I will be turning 51 this summer. I had an emergency CT scan 2 years ago and everything looked ok at that time.

I am feeling a little better today and am going to do some yin yoga. Hopefully I will be back on track by this weekend. Next week I am chaperoning an overnight field trip for 3 days so I won't be working out unless I can sneak in some yoga during free time.

Hope everyone is rocking it - summer is almost here!:music:

fanofladyvols 05-26-21 12:29 PM

Jules if I had tummy issues no way could I do an overnight chaperone gig...you're a trooper! Hope you get to feeling better soon :heart:

Folks, I will try to catch up soon but I have neglected all my check-ins but am still exercising and doing lots of yardwork. The yardwork is about to normalize and I will finish up my rock bottoms rotation on Sunday. I haven't made up my mind on what I will do next....I can't make up my mind, lol.

Healthy wishes and hugs to each of you!! :love:

KateTT 05-28-21 11:21 AM

Oh dear...a whole week has gone by since I last posted. Just so darned busy as you will see below. So glad to see you guys!!

I started out on Monday with Cathe Live 245 Upper Body Core Crush. I bought this download and it's a great strength workout! Full class (before covid). I think that same smiling girl is there. Heehee.

Yoga was Eoin Finn's Blissology Thursday. Yes I do them out of order. ;)

Tuesday was Cathe Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp Legs Glutes. Got my cardio and my leg work in. I've been looking at some of the premixes in Fit Split and carried on with that.

I didn't get any Yoga in as my day was interrupted with my oldest son having a medical emergency. He's on blood thinners because he has some artificial heart valves. That's so they don't get clots or clogs. Well for a couple of days he had been getting tons of bruises all over his body but he hadn't hurt himself. Had a home health nurse come in and do a blood test and his blood thinner reading was off the charts high. So I drove the hour to his town and took him to urgent care. Was there for 5 hours getting other tests, they had to consult with his cardiologist in Minneapolis. Sigh....long day but in the end they got the blood levels better and he goes in for another blood test today to see what his new med dose should be. Whew.

Anyway, back to Wed and Skogg at Home Level 1 Power 1 + 2. Awesome kbell workout and you are prompted to go WAY heavy as sometimes there are only 3 reps. Man I was slinging some heavy bells...surprised myself. Love Skogg's kettlebell workouts. I used to subscribe to his streaming site too but had to drop it.

Yoga was a free Eoin practice on Vimeo called Yoga Honey. Just very basic but great. Eoin is a site to watch!

Yesterday was Cathe Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio Double Mixed Cardio mix (say that 5 times fast - I could barely type it). That was really good!! Just go though all the cardio and then repeat.
Yoga was Yin Yoga on Gaia from Bernie No Place Like Aum.

Today I finished out the week with Cathe Fit Split Pull Day + Push Day Mix. Hey that was good stuff!!!! I really like what Cathe does for many of her premixes!

So continuing on next week with Cathe and Skogg and whatever...I'm leaving a day open for "on a whim" workouts. ;-)

Waves to all..
Hope everyone stays well and has a most wonderful Memorial Weekend!! Start of Summer baby!! :sun:

fanofladyvols 06-03-21 10:34 PM

Kate I agree on the Fitsplit premixes...well Cathe's premixes in general! But the Fitsplit are some of her best since she incorporates all of the strength with different options of cardio. I think the only cardio in that set I don't like is the Shred Cardio. Not sure why. And I always forget what a great full body the push AND pull would be someday. Thanks for the reminder :D

So this month I started with the Cathe June rotation but am switching to the Cathe March rotation in order to coincide with another VFer. I'm sure mine will still be a bit different since I don't have all Cathe's workouts (hard to believe, I know, lol). I will also plug in kettlebells and pilates/yoga/CS.

Anywho...Monday was a trail hike, Tuesday was CS and MMA Fusion, Wednesday was Barreamped bootCamp warmup, arms , stretch CTX Upper body split and today was Cathe Xtrain all out low impact HIIT and CS.

Jules hope your tummy is better!

Malinda how is RWH going?

Kim I noticed your kinetic Flix post...any other goodies you bought lately?

Mickey12 06-04-21 06:25 AM

Linda the kineticflix website is difficult to navigate (maybe if you're a member it allows you to search differently?) because you can't search by workout type or by instructor name or by workout name. And there are thousands of DVDs, so it takes a very long time to see what's available. But, I found a lot of really good DVDs and I could spend a lot of money if I wanted. Now, that's assuming the ones I want are not purchased by someone else, of course. I sent the owner an email with two definite requests and some possible additional others (the Tony Horton One on One workouts are there and I'm not sure I want to spend the money for all of them). It seems like a cumbersome way to sell off the DVDs, so I'm not sure when I will get a response from the owner.

Anyway, it was fun looking at all of them. :)

Jules 06-04-21 10:06 PM

TGIF! I survived the field trip with 5th and 6th graders - Hallelujah!

We got back yesterday afternoon. I was worried about not getting enough exercise but we walked several miles in the woods each day. It was almost 90 degrees on Wednesday and the kids were getting pretty grumpy. We tried to hang out in the shade whenever possible. I bunked with the 5th grade girls and they were fun, silly and very boy crazy. :p One girl had never slept away from home before and was nervous, but we all helped her work thru her anxiety on the first night. The second night she conked out 1st and was last one up in the morning, LOL.

I thought I would be ready to work out hard today, but I was feeling pretty drained this morning. I took the dog for a walk and did some Short & Sweet yoga. Then I had to go into town to sign all the paperwork on our refi. After that my husband and I celebrated by going out for lunch. I came home and took a luxurious and much-needed nap. :love:

I think I will do a Cathe ICE rotation for the next week or two. Tuesday is the final day of school and we are super excited for summer vacay!:music:

Kate: I hope your son is feeling better now that his meds have been adjusted.

Kim: Sad to hear Kineticflix is shutting down. They were originally a Montana company. I hope you find some good deals.

Linda & Kate: I have Fit Split but have only done the series once. I don't know why? Gotta try them out again soon!

Hi Malinda!

fanofladyvols 06-06-21 08:42 AM

Jules congratulations! You have a stomach of steel! I only have one of the ICE workouts (upper) but will eventually pick up more. I can't wait to hear your thoughts as you go through the rotation.

Kim you sound like you had a good time exploring their site. :D I hope you score some good deals. I never used them but am still sad the company isn't continuing.

Friday was Lauren Brooks sexy strength plus Classical Stretch #407
and Saturday was Denise Austin Lifefit 360 Yoga.

Today was supposed to be Circuit blast but I previewed it last night and it doesn't match what I want to do.

I'll come back and post what I decide.

Malinda 06-06-21 08:43 AM

Hi FitChicks!

So sorry for the long silence. I’ve finally gotten my work situation settled - I am going to be able to continue working from home! Yippee!!!

Kate - I hope your son is feeling better. I like your “on a whim” workout day idea! How is the yoga training going?

Linda - A trail hike sounds wonderful! I re-started the Pull-up/Push-up/Swing challenge and did Day 12 yesterday. I really love the simplicity of that challenge, and the gains I am seeing!

Kim - Did you hear back from Kineticflix and get some deals?

Jules - I love your description of the 5th grade girls - how fun!

DH is flying to AZ today; his uncle had triple by-pass surgery last week and he is scheduled to go home today (although he was originally scheduled to go home Friday but could not get his pacemaker regulated -- so we’ll see if they discharge him today) and his wife could use an extra pair of hands for a few days. This is the first flight either of us has taken in 18 months, and the first time we’ve been apart for any length of time since then, too. Pre-COVID, he would travel several times a year for his job, and we both enjoyed the little breaks from the norm -- he gets a little bored with routine and loves to see all his workmates for a few days, and I enjoy a little time by myself -- but we are both ridiculously discombobulated about this trip! I think once we get the trip behind us, we’ll have our confidence back. COVID isolation did a number on our heads!

I’m still doing the RWH 1-month rotation (that has taken 6 weeks!). I really like the workouts; of course I add in or sub Breathless Body and Triple Wave Pyramid for extra cardio, and some lower-intensity cardio and yoga to the mix. I think I’ll try the 2-month rotation next. She goes a bit too fast for me in some of the HIIT workouts, but I just go at my own pace. I honestly don’t know how they move their feet so quickly! I LOVE the two ab routines - especially the one with some standing work.

Hopefully, I will get back on track with checking in. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Jules 06-07-21 12:02 PM

Howdy! I finally feel like my energy is back this morning. I had to take a couple of naps over the weekend.

Started my ICE rotation. I decided that this week I will do the premixes that feature the main workout, Blizzard Blast, and core work. I have this series on DVD b/c I wanted all the premixes, but I really wish Cathe could have put all the Muscle Meltdowns into a single premix. I guess they were not able to tack this much onto one of the discs, but they could have made a separate bonus disc. Oh well...

On Saturday I did Metabolic Total Body. Love this one! :heart: This has the toughest Blizzard Blast in the series IMO.

Sunday was a rest day.

Today I did Low Impact Sweat. I love that I got a great calorie burn with this one with no dread. The Blizzard Blast was very doable. Sometimes Cathe works off the beat. I noticed that she often cues on the move so I have to pay attention or I am playing catch-up. I'll probably do some yoga after work.

Malinda: I hope you enjoy your alone time. What is next for you after RWH?

Jules 06-10-21 01:07 PM

Hi Gals! It's raining hard today so we are having a chill day at home. I did Cathe ICE Chiseled Upper Body. Very nice workout with some unique moves. The music isn't great but I can overlook that since it isn't a cardio workout. I did the premix with Icy Core 1. The ICE series sure is hitting my midsection hard!

Yesterday I did ICE Boot Camp with the Blizzard Blast. I might like this one even more than Metabolic Total Body - they are both challenging and fun. :sun: I did not add on core work b/c there is already a lot of it in the circuits.

On Tuesday I did ICE To the Mat. Mat work is not my favorite, but I know it is good for me to occasionally work my muscles in a a different way than with traditional weights. I added on the Icy Core 2 and I actually got some DOMS in my legs from this one.

I definitely plan to do some yin yoga later this afternoon!

Malinda 06-11-21 09:41 AM

Well, so much for me checking in regularly! Happy Friday!

Workouts for this week:

Mon - Breathless Body - Rounds 1-5 only
Tues - RWH Upper Body HIIT Circuit
Wed - RWH Lower Body HIIT Circuit
Thurs - Pull-up/Push-up/Swing Challenge and "hip 4-ways" - mobility exercises

Today DH and I plan to do Cathe Triple Wave Pyramid.

I only have three more RWH workouts to complete the one-month rotation - repeating the upper and lower body circuits I did earlier in the week, and then a low-impact HIIT.

Jules - I don't like mat work either; the hip 4-ways are floor work that DH's physical therapist gave him, and they've really helped with his hip stability, so I'm trying to be good and do them a couple of times a week. I think I'm going to try the two-month RWH rotation next - I like the workouts and they mix well with the P/P/S challenge and lower-intensity cardio days.

DH got home yesterday; his uncle was in pretty bad shape on Sunday, but improved day by day, and by yesterday, he was much, much better. I enjoyed my alone time, but I'm happy he's home now!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

KateTT 06-11-21 01:11 PM

Brief checkin. My oldest son has ended up in the hospital with liver, kidney failure and problems with his pancreas. Workouts have been sporadic but did do some things when I could keep my mind on it.

Still here, trying to be fierce in my heart. :\

PennyK 06-11-21 01:30 PM

Malinda 06-11-21 04:50 PM

Oh, Kate, I am so sorry to hear this. I pray that his systems will begin functioning again and that he can get back on his feet soon.

Hang in there and know that many people are thinking of you and your family. :heart:

fanofladyvols 06-11-21 11:50 PM

Kate said a prayer for you and your son. Also for the health care folks working with him.

Jules 06-13-21 11:54 AM

Kate: My heart goes out to you and your family. You all have been through so much in the past couple of years. :( I am praying your son recovers.