Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I Jump Instead - Cellerciser (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229718)

slockhart 10-29-20 02:47 PM

I Jump Instead - Cellerciser

So I follow this person on IG and checked out the website today. Does anyone else follow her? I also checked out the Cellerciser website and this is a rebounder with springs not bungees. Of course I have a JumpSport, but I'm wondering if maybe the bungee rebounders aren't as good?
Stacey

yogapam 10-29-20 04:39 PM

I think it’s a matter of taste. I had UR and it was so noisy there was no way I’d buy another one with springs. I have a Bellicon, bought it used, had it for several years, it still looks like new. I had a small JS before that and loved it, only upgraded to get a larger mat. I think some feel the springs are better for bone building, can’t speak to that, but silence was more important to me.

Genevieve M 10-29-20 05:07 PM

I bought a used Needak many years ago. Solid piece of equipment but the squeaking springs drove me nuts! That's why I'm surprised to see the Cellercizer being so popular.

horsemom2 10-30-20 10:35 AM

The spring ReboundAir with a lifetime guarantee purchased from FitPrime is rusting on my patio because I never liked it, especially after getting my first bungee.

Barb S

yogapam 10-30-20 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsemom2 (Post 2896332)
The spring ReboundAir with a lifetime guarantee purchased from FitPrime is rusting on my patio because I never liked it, especially after getting my first bungee.

Barb S

Too bad! But there’s a huge market for used exercise equipment these days, have you tried selling it?

deineira 10-30-20 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slockhart (Post 2896203)
So I follow this person on IG and checked out the website today. Does anyone else follow her? I also checked out the Cellerciser website and this is a rebounder with springs not bungees. Of course I have a JumpSport, but I'm wondering if maybe the bungee rebounders aren't as good?
Stacey

I believe the opposite is true. Bungee rebounders seem to be of higher quality than the springs, last longer and aren't noisy.

Genevieve M 10-30-20 04:34 PM

The Cellercizer guy, Dave Hall, is a MASTER marketer. All the stuff he says in interviews plus his own story of getting in shape makes me want to buy one of these. I. Just. Might. Let's see if it can live up to the hype!

bzar 10-30-20 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2896227)
I think it’s a matter of taste. I had UR and it was so noisy there was no way I’d buy another one with springs. I have a Bellicon, bought it used, had it for several years, it still looks like new. I had a small JS before that and loved it, only upgraded to get a larger mat. I think some feel the springs are better for bone building, can’t speak to that, but silence was more important to me.

same here about the silence.

i had a metal one before which, considering it was a cheapo one from a garage sale, it lasted forever. but noisy. reminded me of a squeaky box spring!!! lol.

i have enough cross-training equipment at home, plus walking "live" outside on rolling hills that give me enough bone building opportunities. if there are any differences in bone density, it's probably negligible.

i agree it's probably marketing and the scarcity of equipment that makes it "seem" more popular.

Lucky Star 11-05-20 01:37 AM

I have had a Cellerciser for years and years and it's like brand new. I wiped Vaseline on the spring connectors when I bought it as a noise preventative and it's been dead silent ever since. It's very high quality and I just love it!

horsemom2 11-05-20 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2896336)
Too bad! But there’s a huge market for used exercise equipment these days, have you tried selling it?

I could not even give it away.
It is rusted and its mat always pronated the ankles.
ReboundAIR was all hype.

Barb S