Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone want to gab about The Firm Power Cardio? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230697)

Sarah O. 03-28-21 05:05 PM

Anyone want to gab about The Firm Power Cardio?

I did the Firm Power Cardio for the first time today and I have so many thoughts! Of course, I’ve done a lot of the different segments in various Parts videos but never as a whole. I really enjoyed a lot of it. First, Dale is an excellent instructor! I never had a strong opinion about her one way or the other before but having her lead the whole workout really gave me a feel for her low-key, encouraging style. Her cueing was very easy to follow. (I also realized that I much prefer the videos when you can just settle in with one instructor rather than going back and forth with several.)

As for the actual cardio, I modified some of the high impact, like the hopscotch and bunny hops but did the plyos and some other things. I liked the mix of floor aerobics and box work and the four-limb sections. It was really quite fun. Even though I was pooped when the cardio was over, I actually ended up wishing the strength and abs were longer. If the whole thing had been about 55 minutes, like the old Firms, it could be the perfect killer workout. As it is, I still really enjoyed it and absolutely loved having the experience of discovering a new (to-me) Firm from that era. I’ll definitely be doing it again.

Ok, that was quite the ode to Power Cardio, but I’d love to hear your thoughts!

wendug 03-28-21 05:21 PM

I really need to do this one again! I bought Maximum Cardio and Cardio Burn when they were released and could not find Power Cardio anywhere (the third workout in the set). I finally was able to buy the workout as "Calorie Killer 2," which is just a re-branded Power Cardio. I've done it a few times, but it just never impressed me as much as the other 2 in the series. I think that has to do with not having as much of a history or familiarity with the workout. I do like Dale as an instructor and enjoy the segments that come in in parts workouts. I'm going to add it to my list of workouts to do this week.

Sarah O. 03-28-21 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2918486)
I really need to do this one again! I bought Maximum Cardio and Cardio Burn when they were released and could not find Power Cardio anywhere (the third workout in the set). I finally was able to buy the workout as "Calorie Killer 2," which is just a re-branded Power Cardio. I've done it a few times, but it just never impressed me as much as the other 2 in the series. I think that has to do with not having as much of a history or familiarity with the workout. I do like Dale as an instructor and enjoy the segments that come in in parts workouts. I'm going to add it to my list of workouts to do this week.

Let me know what you think! I’m 99% sure I never did this one back in the day although I remember doing Maximum Cardio several times. I think I did the Tamela cardio workout but I’m not certain. I think Dale has a natural warmth to her that gives her a unique spot among Firm instructors. It really came through for me when doing her whole workout.

bubbles76 03-28-21 06:01 PM

I love working out with Dale!

kat999 03-29-21 10:06 AM

I only just recently got this one, and it's tough! I do enjoy it but I also modify down quite a bit (I do that for the other two FIRM cardios, too; lots of plyos and really explosive moves are just not in my ability set these days). I'm working through a high calorie burn rotation right now, and that's at the top of the list. :sun:

Sarah O. 03-29-21 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat999 (Post 2918585)
I only just recently got this one, and it's tough! I do enjoy it but I also modify down quite a bit (I do that for the other two FIRM cardios, too; lots of plyos and really explosive moves are just not in my ability set these days). I'm working through a high calorie burn rotation right now, and that's at the top of the list. :sun:

I very happily modify these days! I think I’m going to do Maximum Cardio tomorrow. I don’t have Cardio Burn. Do you think it’s worth tracking down?

Cerulea 03-29-21 09:17 PM

I love both Power Cardio and Maximum Cardio! I modify quite a lot but they're both fun and they're a good length.

Dale has a kind of athleticism that is unique among Firm instructors, I think. Most of them seem more dance-based with athleticism layered on top, while Dale seems more primarily athletic...if that makes sense. I'm having trouble putting it into words. But she is a bit different from the others.

wendug 03-29-21 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerulea (Post 2918708)
I love both Power Cardio and Maximum Cardio! I modify quite a lot but they're both fun and they're a good length.

Dale has a kind of athleticism that is unique among Firm instructors, I think. Most of them seem more dance-based with athleticism layered on top, while Dale seems more primarily athletic...if that makes sense. I'm having trouble putting it into words. But she is a bit different from the others.

I completely understand what you are saying about Dale. She reminds me of a friend I had in high school that was on the diving team. Same athletic body structure that is unique among Firm instructors.

kristiep 03-30-21 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah O. (Post 2918657)
I very happily modify these days! I think I’m going to do Maximum Cardio tomorrow. I don’t have Cardio Burn. Do you think it’s worth tracking down?

Sarah,
Cardio Burn is my favorite of the three. It has the right amount of cardio and strength work in 45 minutes. When I first tried it, I did not like it because the pace felt more frantic. But I gave it another shot and grew to love it (except for the “bunny lunges”). If you find it at a good price, get it.

kat999 03-30-21 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristiep (Post 2918729)
Sarah,
Cardio Burn is my favorite of the three. It has the right amount of cardio and strength work in 45 minutes. When I first tried it, I did not like it because the pace felt more frantic. But I gave it another shot and grew to love it (except for the “bunny lunges”). If you find it at a good price, get it.

Agreed. Also bunny lunges are wacky. I do think Tamilee is a great instructor, though. She's also lovely in some of the FitPrimes or Kick Butts (I can't remember which).