Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   12 Week Weigh & Measure Tomorrow... (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=219725)

TinaT 05-06-17 09:29 AM

12 Week Weigh & Measure Tomorrow...

So, tomorrow I weigh & measure myself for my 4 week check in. This will put me at 12 weeks since I started getting healthy again. I try to add something new to the next 4 weeks coming or focus on a particular kind of workout to keep the variety fresh.

I'm thinking about using my 21DF & 21DFX for the next 4 weeks. I will be following the modifiers both sets. Any suggestions? Anyone have a hybrid rotation of these 2 together?

Still working on the knees. Was hoping my thighs were a bit stronger by now, but I'll keep at it. Water intake needs to be better for sure.

I will let everyone know how I did tomorrow morning. :sun:

ETA: If anyone has any subs for specific exercises in these routines, I would so appreciate knowing. (example: sub in step ups for surrenders).

TinaT 05-06-17 11:50 AM

So, after posting this thread I decided to do day 1 of 21DF instead of waiting until tomorrow to start. When I tried this before I don't think I was in a place of really trying something different. Today felt different and I was able to wrap my brain around modifying and subbing in what I need to do the entire routine.

Some thoughts ... yes, surrenders are of the devil and I won't even entertain the idea of them. I did tall box climb instead with weights. When she jogged in place I did hamstring curls and whatever she did for upper body. I really didn't have to sub much in to do what she asked. The 1 minute marker is new to me and was a nice change.

When talking personalities, I think she was just fine. IF you can handle Chalene J. then I think Autumn is pretty doable IMO. Upper body tomorrow!

bubbles76 05-07-17 08:51 AM

Congrats on making it to the 12 week mark :)

TinaT 05-07-17 09:38 AM

Thanks bubbles76 ~

So I just finished measuring and weighing myself for my 4 week check in. I had hoped for bigger results, but I'll take anything that moves the numbers in the right direction. So ... only 2.2 lbs and 2.5 inches overall. Since starting 12 weeks ago, I'm down 15.8 lbs and 24 inches overall. So for today, I will focus on that. :)

I now take time to assess what worked and what needs to be refined for the next 4 weeks. I know for sure my workouts were not as consistent due to life. I need to carve out that time like I did the first 8 weeks. My water intake was way down for sure. Need to make sure I'm taking that water bottle everywhere.

Overall, I'm good with my results and now start my next 4 weeks fresh and refocused. :D

wendug 05-07-17 10:19 AM

Congrats on your results! Remember, it takes a while to put on weight so it takes a while to take it off. Slow and steady is the right way to do it! Glad you're staying positive about the process. It is a journey!

Lucky Star 05-07-17 10:34 AM

You've averaged more than a pound a week - that's fantastic!

lizh 05-07-17 10:40 AM

Fantastic results! You must feel great!

sherry7899 05-07-17 10:54 AM

Great job! You should be very proud of yourself.

TinaT 05-07-17 10:55 AM

I do feel much better, thank you ladies. I also have to remember that I'm in that wonderful stage of menopause. The hot flashes alone drain me, but I need to push past them.

I have read so many great stories over the years here about getting fit no matter what season of life a person is in. I want to be able to tell a story like this some day. :) This year will be 30 years with my amazing husband and I really want to feel good about myself, as I do our marriage. So much to celebrate ... I want being fit and healthy to be one of them.

Tugger31 05-07-17 10:57 AM

Your progress is awesome!! I also need to drink more water so thanks for the reminder! I also wouldn't worry about having to modify. You need to make each workout your own. There is nothing magical about any one particular workout and you should never consider yourself a failure/not good enough b/c you had to modify. I modify all the time. It's called exercising smartly and listening to your body. My workout modification has been modifying my idea of a "week". I am following weekly rotations now in a 9 day week instead of a 7 day. Once I changed that definition of a week, I am now sticking to my rotations better!

I hope this link works. It is a hybrid rotation calendar.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...277d9998eb.jpg