Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any videos for prolapse/urinary incontinence? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232773)

vron30075 05-10-22 06:52 AM

Any videos for prolapse/urinary incontinence?

Hey guys, I'm looking for workout videos that are safe for prolapse/urinary incontinence. I'm 52y and had a total hysterectomy three years ago and suffering from vaginal prolapse and urinary incontinence. I haven't exercised in over 2 years and out of shape. I was planning to start working out again this week but was just dx with prolapse. I was looking at old Anna Benson videos because she includes pelvic floor exercises, however, not sure they are safe. Any recommendations welcomed. Thank you so much! :)

Vantreesta 05-10-22 07:16 AM

If you use YouTube I highly recommend Dr. Bri's Vibrant Pelvic Health channel. She has some core and yoga workouts and overall great information on pelvic health. Good luck to you!

vron30075 05-10-22 08:53 AM

I just found her on youtube! Thanks so much. :sun:

donnamp 05-10-22 09:03 AM

hi!

Jessica Valent - Jessica Valent Pilates - would be a good choice, she has also had a hysterectomy and several prolapse surgeries. She is a PT as well. She has a You Tube channel as well as a paid subscription site.

Donna

alisoncooks 05-10-22 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2964702)
If you use YouTube I highly recommend Dr. Bri's Vibrant Pelvic Health channel. She has some core and yoga workouts and overall great information on pelvic health. Good luck to you!

This is what I was trying to think of, but I was trying to remember the older channel name. Fem Fusion or something? I guess she’s branched out to all pelvic health?

She used to have a multistage program that progressively treated pelvic floor dysfunction.

Vantreesta 05-10-22 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 2964718)
This is what I was trying to think of, but I was trying to remember the older channel name. Fem Fusion or something? I guess she’s branched out to all pelvic health?

She used to have a multistage program that progressively treated pelvic floor disfunction.

Yes, FemFusion is what it used to be called. I wonder if she changed the name bc she also addresses pelvic floor dysfunction in men and the FemFusion name was maybe off-putting or at least didn't call to men?

I think you can still purchase a treatment program from her website. It's expensive but it is cheaper than pelvic floor physical therapy.

Vantreesta 05-10-22 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vron30075 (Post 2964715)
I just found her on youtube! Thanks so much. :sun:

You're welcome!

Kathy G 05-10-22 09:47 AM

If your health insurance covers Physical Therapy, I’d recommend going that route.

There are PTs that specialize in treating prolapse/incontinence issues.

Hattie 05-10-22 12:27 PM

Have you seen your gynecologist for an opinion on whether physical therapy or surgery is the remedy? You can always get a second opinion if surgery is recommended.

If exercise is called for, one dvd which may be helpful is Suzanne Andrews
30 Day Bladder Fix, Pelvic Floor Strengthening

sherry7899 05-10-22 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hattie (Post 2964745)
Have you seen your gynecologist for an opinion on whether physical therapy or surgery is the remedy? You can always get a second opinion if surgery is recommended.

If exercise is called for, one dvd which may be helpful is Suzanne Andrews
30 Day Bladder Fix, Pelvic Floor Strengthening

Bea, I am so glad to see you !