Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Workout Plan (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221218)

Sharaz 10-16-17 11:59 AM

New Workout Plan

I started a new routine last Monday. I wanted a new split for me and was inspired by some T-Nation articles. Initially, my plan was a 4 week rotation. Now, I came up with a 12 week rotation. One of the goals is building up to performing Hypertrophy/Strength and Pump works for the same muscle group back to back as the HBT routine. The split set up changes every 4 weeks. This schedule is running up to the beginning of January considering 2 rest weeks AKA: Vacation.

I need suggestions from you. I’m missing a workout I’m looking for a Full Body Hypertrophy/Strength workout for the second cycle of my rotation. I have Pyramids Full Body Bonus Combo on schedule, but I prefer to NOT repeat the same workouts the same week. I want a FB workout 6-12 reps. Maybe there is pre-mix from a Cathe workout that offers this set up. Help:eek:

I considered using STS Squat Rack but alternating Lower/Upper. Working only the biggest UB muscle groups.

Each cycle split set up is outlined in case anybody is interested in following the rotation. I bet there are many workouts from Cathe or other instructors that fit the split. Suggestions are welcome.

Hard Body Rotation

Week 1-4
1. FB Pump
2. UB Hypertrophy/Strength
3. FB Pump,
4. LB Hypertrophy/Strength

Monday
High Reps w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Tuesday
Burn Sets (Back, Shoulders) Chest, Back if you work chest
HIIT 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
Muscle Endurance w/weights
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
STS Squat Rack Legs
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching

Week 5-8

1. FB Hypertrophy/Strength
2. UB Pump
3. FB Hypertrophy/Strength
4. LB Pump

Monday
Pyramid Full Body Pre-Mix
HIIT 20 mins

Tuesday
CTX Upper Body w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
SLO MO Full Body Pre-mix
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
CTX Leaner Legs x2 w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching

Week 9-12

1. UB Hypertrophy/Strength
2. UB Pump
3. LB Hypertrophy/Strength
4. LB Pump

Monday
Burn Sets Upper Body Pre-Mix or SLO MO Chest, Back or SLO MO Back, Shoulders
HIIT 20 mins

Tuesday
CTX Upper Body w/bands
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Wednesday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Abs

Thursday
STS Squat Rack Legs
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Friday
CTX Leaner Legs x2 w/bands or EBE2 Plyo Legs or Cardio Leg Blast
LISS Cardio 20 mins

Saturday
OFF

Sunday (wildcard)
Aerobic Cardio
Stretching

bubbles76 10-16-17 12:52 PM

Amy Bento's Drop Sets or Slo Mo may work for you. KCM Muscle Up has 8-12 reps, and there may be a total body premix.

Sharaz 10-16-17 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2738156)
Amy Bento's Drop Sets or Slo Mo may work for you. KCM Muscle Up has 8-12 reps, and there may be a total body premix.

You saved me Bubbles;) I do have SLO MO on DVD. I forgot this one LOL The Full Body Premix fit well in the plan. Besides, is a favorite.

Drop Set is too long at this moment for me, but serve the purpose.
I'll consider Muscle Up for a future rotation set up.

I'm also looking for more Full Body Pump workouts. PHA training preferably.

Sharaz 10-16-17 01:26 PM

So, I updated the routine adding SLO MO Full Body. I also put SLO MO Chest, Back, Shoulders as UB Hypertrophy/Strength alternative. This is a great option if someone don't need extra bicep or tricep or shoulder work. In my case, I do the Back and Shoulders.

bubbles76 10-16-17 06:22 PM

Well, that makes me happy! I remember you saying that you liked Slo Mo awhile back, and I like swapping out Slo Mo sometimes for heavier lifting. I really like the looks of this! If I wasn't mentally committed to doing a Firm rotation right now, I'd be all over it. I didn't read all of the articles you linked to in the previous thread, but how do you decide what your Pump weight is? Do you take a percentage of one rep max or something, or just instinctively know to go much lower? I am a bit scared of hurting myself when doing weight work back to back, and a Firm rotation I'm looking at calls for that.

Sharaz 10-16-17 07:18 PM

Both articles are written by the same trainer. He refers lactate-induced training as reps between 12-18 with minimal rest and working opposite muscle groups following PHA protocol if is FB. In her second routine he refers to this as PUMP for either upper/lower. Both are not heavy lifting. No muscle damage is caused. For this reason is possible to work muscles back to back using this approach.

There is no need to perform a %max test. Even if the reps are high last 2 reps should be challenging.

Sharaz 10-16-17 07:26 PM

I decided to prepare my body first by increasing volume up to cycle 3 because this is the first time doing back to back using this protocol accurately. I also didn't want to hurt myself and jump at it right away even though I have been lifting consecutively for months. I'm working muscles back to back weeks 1-8 but less volume because one workout is FB. I also decided to reverse the protocol the 2nd week to avoid adaptation.

Let me know your Firm routine. I believe these are FB right?

Sharaz 10-16-17 07:35 PM

I added EBE2 Plyo Legs and Cardio Leg Blast as alternatives to LB Pump in weeks 9-12. These provides the explosive component outlined in the paper routine.

T2B 10-17-17 05:49 AM

Hi Sharaz,

It’s good to see you posting again. I love your rotations. I know you’ve made a decision but do you have Cathe’s Ramped Up Upper Body, Giant Sets & PHA Training from Strong & Sweaty series? The pace is slow enough that you can lift fairly heavy but it’s a burner, for sure. I sweat like crazy. As usual with Cathe, there are some really nice premixes, too.

bubbles76 10-17-17 07:40 AM

T2B I have this set, but I have not done it yet, if you can believe it :) Also preordered her newest.

Thanks for the clarification Sharaz. Most of the Firm workouts are full body, but there are some splits.