Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lol at this Ebay auction! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=159338)

topfitmama 01-09-11 05:34 AM

Lol at this Ebay auction!

Talk about selling bootleg copies! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tracy-Anderson...38485620208655

Tracey Anderson Perfect Design Series

" Offered for sale is the ultimate workout of the celebrities! If you are looking at this listing then I am sure you know what you are looking for.
My wife is crazy about it and it is unavailable in the UK, have to get it shipped from USA with extortionate prices and then it is in region 1 format, craziness!

She was extremely pleased when I managed to get the set, I have been able to convert the dvds and now offer them for sale in the UK on region 2 format to work in your DVD player or PC. This listing is likely to get pulled as they want you to pay the extortionate USA prices plus postage! On amazon.com they are selling the set at $80! And that is in region 1 NTSC! "

I laughed at his outrage and his honesty. At least his bidders know what they are getting!

Sarah-lara 01-09-11 05:50 AM

I was able to report him using my US ebay account and I suggest others do as well. So tired of this nonsense. I've probably reported dozens on Craigslist who brag about making Beachbody fakes. I'm sure they just open another listing afterward, but it's worth a shot.

MomOf2Gremlins 01-09-11 07:52 AM

Wow!

topfitmama 01-09-11 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-lara (Post 1707815)
I was able to report him using my US ebay account and I suggest others do as well. So tired of this nonsense. I've probably reported dozens on Craigslist who brag about making Beachbody fakes. I'm sure they just open another listing afterward, but it's worth a shot.

I hadn't thought about doing that :o :o

And he isn't even right! You can get the DVDs from Amazon Uk quite cheaply and get free postage....

Sarah-lara 01-09-11 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topfitmama (Post 1707861)
And he isn't even right! You can get the DVDs from Amazon Uk quite cheaply and get free postage....

I seriously doubt the proceeds go to some kid's soccer league too. ;)

cfgcanada 01-09-11 10:36 AM

I see the listing says he's sold 22 of these!

sophie kat 01-09-11 11:04 AM

Now it says 23 sold! He's also offering other TA workouts too.

afirmrose 01-09-11 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-lara (Post 1707815)

I did too.

Hej 01-09-11 11:43 AM

At least you have to give the guy credit for being (semi-) honest (I have seen the TA workouts at Amazon UK, BTW). What he's doing is illegal, but at least it isn't fraud, because he's pretty clear about what you'll get, unlike most bootleggers. And whether his story about his wife happens to be true or not, it resonates with my experience with other DVD producers.

There are sellers (URBAN REBOUNDER I'm talking about you) which won't allow their products (including DVDs) to be sent abroad at all, even by other retailers! And some who won't ship abroad (Fluidity), and some who'll do it but charge more for shipping than they charge for the product (P57, why exactly should we pay $45+ for shipping 3 DVDs when USPS would deliver them for $12).

The whole Region thing bugs the **** out of me. I buy a DVD player in one region and a DVD in another, both perfectly legally, and I'm not supposed to be able to use one with the other? The DVD player on my old laptop got stuck in Region 2 because I was renting movies on a 3-month trip to Japan and didn't realize I hadn't set it to Region 0. Pfffft....

AKatF 02-21-11 06:23 PM

I have to laugh at that listing... I am surprised that it hasn't been pulled yet.