Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of November 7 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231978)

JBliff 11-07-21 09:30 AM

Total Max Mixers - Week of November 7

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was ICE To The Mat Legs & Glutes.

Karjoy - We've been enjoying having the fireplace on and snuggling under the covers the past couple of nights. I hope you like the chili. It's always been a hit whenever I've served it.

The activity on our checkin has been very low lately. I wonder if we should just create a new thread each month instead of each week. Any interest in keeping it going? Thoughts?

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Vantreesta 11-07-21 09:41 AM

Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. I worked out Mon and Wed but have been undecorating all week so no other workouts. My sinuses/allergies have been kind of bad this wknd too. I personally like monthly threads, which is what all my other check ins are. I really want to be working out and posting more but this month is busy so probably won't be popping in much till December when I truly hope to get back on track. I hope the check in keeps going but I understand if you don't want to. I enjoy reading your posts even if I'm not good about adding my own!

JBliff 11-08-21 09:10 AM

My workout yesterday was a yoga practice from Youtube in the morning + 4DS Bootcamp Upper Body Circuit in the afternoon.

Vannie - Thanks for your thoughts on the checkin. I would like to keep it going but only if people participate. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around ;). Are you going to decorate for Thanksgiving now? I know your Christmas decorations are a big thing too!

Waves to all. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 11-08-21 09:51 AM

Good morning, JBliff! I will try to be better about posting even if it's ONLY my workouts or ONLY chatting! :) Sometimes I feel bad posting just my workouts in a drive by. I don't decorate for Thanksgiving. I don't have anything for it but it would be too much for me anyway with not much time btwn putting away Halloween and putting up Christmas! I have crocheted a pumpkin that I need to finish though, and I did have the thought of trying to crochet like a cornucopia kind of thing just to put on the dining room table where I eat breakfast.

My body has been crabbing about my knee since our hiking trip and my left hip problem is back so I need to really be focusing on rehab right now. My hip is screaming at me today. :( I just did Stiff Hip Stretches in the Morning - READY FOR HIP MOBILITY (and surfing)! from Upright Health hoping it would help but no change. I'm gonna have to get back to doing the exercises I was given in my last round of PT. Those helped a lot.

karjoy 11-08-21 08:44 PM

Hi guys. Went to Burn for cardio for a change of pace. That was an ouchie. Battle ropes, lots of jumping, donkey kicks, and half Burpees. It actually felt good and I felt accomplished when it ended. Accomplished and glad!

Jbliff I am fine with a monthly checkin. I generally post about 5 days a week I think but some of them are Drive bys. I am fine with drive bys though. I like our long history as a group. Jbliff you are so good to start us on Sunday and I thank you. Usually Sunday is my day to sleep a bit late or long run day and I have to get up really early so usually when I check you have started the week for us.

Vannie what do you see as the advantages to a monthly check in? Do most people just post twice a week or once a week? I’ll do whatever and try to post more. I am glad that you have a decorating break at Thanksgiving!

Cher what do you think about a monthly checkin?

Gibbee hope you are doing ok as we approach
the holidays.

DH and I went to see the new James Bond movie and it was great. It made Ben happy because “lots of stuff gets blowed up”!:D I think we will see Dune next.

It was 37 degrees last night!

Night all.:heart:

Vantreesta 11-08-21 10:22 PM

Karen, your Burn workouts always sound so fun to me! One of the things I like about monthly check ins is that, bc I don't post every day, I don't find myself trying to post answers to a previous thread as often. Like if someone asks me a question or smthg on say Thursday and I don't get around to posting till Sunday I often miss answering. With a monthly check in I would only run into that once a month. My other three check ins are small like this one. People post whenever they can, sometimes once a week, sometimes several times. I also like to subscribe to my check in threads for easier reference later, but I don't do that with this one bc it would be so many. And honestly it's what I'm used to bc that's how my check ins were back on Collage too.

JBliff 11-09-21 07:12 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning and an episode of Essentrics + a yoga practice I found on Youtube in the afternoon.

Karjoy - Those Burn workouts do sound very challenging. What is half burpee? I haven't seen the new James Bond yet. I usually drag DH to these movies but unlike your DH he doesn't care much for the blowing up parts :D.

Vannie - I hope you're able to get your knee and hip adjusted. It's no fun when either is hurting. Glad you're having a break between Halloween and Christmas re the decorations! Drive-by checkins are fine with me too.

Cher - How are you? How is your sister doing?

So it seems it's a consensus that we make this a monthly checkin. I won't start a new one next week then.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 11-09-21 09:42 AM

Thanks, JBliff. I actually managed to sleep on my back all night and my hip feels much better today but I know it will take more than that to keep it happy!

I forgot that my one check in actually went to quarterly bc it slowed down so much. I like the monthly better than quarterly but for a while there was really only two of us posting very sporadically, down from about 6 or 7 posting almost daily when I first joined the group!

I never got in a workout yesterday but was happy with how much housework I got done. This morning I have to get the oil changed in my car and run a couple errands. I honestly don't know what I'll get in for a workout since I still have a lot of house stuff to do. I may just try to do PT and a little yoga when I get back home before I start everything else. I will go for a brisk walk while I wait on the car, so that will be in addition to walks with Cyric.

karjoy 11-09-21 08:40 PM

Vannie I never thought about the fact that with weekly checkins you might have to look back and find old threads if you want to respond to something older than a week. Makes sense to me. I am happy to try monthly but will still try to post as often as I can. I follow (sometimes) Barefoot on the Mat and I think they are monthly. I don’t post there though.

Jbliff a half Burpee is where you leave out the push-up but do everything else. Still pretty challenging. They show modifications for about every exercise which is nice.

Burn is a lot of fun because most days you work in small groups of 3-4 which builds camaraderie. Everyone does the same exercise. Occasionally you work with just one other person and you rotate.

I did a 35 minute brisk walk after work tonight. So beautiful and cool but of course dark by 6 pm. Did 3 big hills.

We are starting to see a fair amount of flu in our office. Glad I got my flu shot.

Cher we miss you and hope you are ok. You too Gibbee.

Cher 11-09-21 09:24 PM

Popping in to say hello!

A new Check-in every month instead of every week is fine with me. My interest in working out is really a struggle which is another reason I’ve been missing here. I’m trying to get it together.

Yesterday I did a Cathe LITE Pyramid premix which alternates between upper and lower body. I did 3 sets of most exercises then skipped past the last 2 sets of each exercise. Today was Jenny Ford Walk Across America South Carolina and grocery shopping.

Crazy week coming up. My SIL & her BF and my BIL are all going to FL early Thursday morning for a week. They are dropping off the 2 dogs Wednesday and we are having them here for a week! :eek: Mara my SIL’s dog is the one that we have here sometimes but also Max which is Mara’s brother and my BIL’s dog, This should be interesting. :eek: :p Thursday I have to take my mom for her colonoscopy and Monday I’m going with my sister to talk with another pain management doctor.

I hate the time change! It gets dark so early and I keep waking at 3:30 am and can’t fall back to sleep. WW changed their program yesterday so going to give the new one a try. You get extra points for drinking all your water, eating vegetables and for exercising. :D