Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   An Introduction--Join Me!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=11706)

Laura S. 03-21-11 11:01 AM

Welcome, Westcoaster! You are one of the older exercisers here, but definitely not the only one. The average age of VFers is skewed to the older side, although we have people posting from about every decade of life. You will also find people of all ages supporting you in whatever your latest interest is, including kettlebells!

Have you found the check in section of the board? They are all open to new members. It's just a matter of replying to one and introducing yourself, much as you did here. I'm part of the Crones Cronies check in and you are welcome there. However, keep in mind that they are a chatty, chatty, group. Fun, but chatty. ;) There are plenty to choose from. The best strategy seems to read different ones until you find one that you see yourself fitting into.

paideiamom 03-21-11 12:06 PM

Hey Westcoaster,
Welcome. We love new members.

Lurk on the various check-ins and see who "fits."
I am in the Everyday group. You don't have to work out every day, but that is what we aspire to. We are all ages, probably from the early 40s or so on up.
If you have any questions about terms/names/acronyms, go here http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=143652 to see if that answers them.
If not, just post a question on GD and lots of folks will jump in.

Westcoaster 03-21-11 12:24 PM

Laura,
It's great to come out of the lurking shadows... and I can see from many of the posts how friendly everyone is. I will certainly start checking out the various check-in groups more closely. I'm sure I can some others who love to be fit, and do it mostly at home-- as I do! Will never give it up..........

Again,
Tks for your Welcome!!!

swimmy 03-22-11 02:22 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new here and am looking forward to looking around. I've heard good things about this forum via Collage.
I have 2 trades up in the trade thread, but am here to continued to be inspired and make new connections.

Laura S. 03-22-11 02:26 PM

Welcome, Swimmy. Hope you find the info and connections you are looking for. Feel free to post any questions. People around here are pretty good at answering them.

paideiamom 03-22-11 02:44 PM

Hi Swimmy,

Love your "name."
See you on the threads!

topfitmama 03-23-11 02:53 AM

Hi Swimmy and Westcoaster!

Westcoaster, I love to see women who are a lot older than I am still going strong and staying fit. You are an inspiration :)

Westcoaster 03-23-11 11:00 AM

Topfit,

The thing of it is, that fitness Is the "Magic Bullet" that can keep you age-less. So many people over a certain age, think that they can't or shouldn't be doing this or that.

Last night I sat in rapture while watching the Art of Strength Clinic DVD, and couldn't wait to try swings, Correctly as Anthony described them. Felt the same way running, ;putting on my red boxing gloves, and when I've been wound up like a preztel in a yoga pose.

And I don't mean to boast, but when I took my last cardio stress test, the nurses passed my results around the office, because they'd never seen somebody ( my age) do as well. Believe me, I was thrilled, but it's the process and challenge of staying fit and trying new things ( let me count the DVDs I have...........) that is where it's at for me.

So I'm glad I can be an inspiration, but believe me it's in the perspiration!!

LolaBlue 04-18-11 05:45 PM

hi

Hello everyone. I just found the VF forums while looking for info on the Lotte Berk Method DVD's, and was so excited I had to join. I'm so NOT a gym rat (hate gyms, and rats for that matter). I started doing at home workouts w/ DVD's a few months ago and love it. My favourites right now are Element: Pilates Weight Loss For Beginners, and Element: Ballet Conditioning. My weak point is cardio, but my dogs at least keep me motivated enough to take them for 2-3 mile walks most days :o

Laura S. 04-19-11 08:14 AM

Hi LolaBlue - Welcome to VF. You are in fine company here with people who like ballet/barre and with those whose dogs provide cardio. :cool: Feel free to jump in with questions/information.