Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Watulan Fierce Deities of 2021! All are welcome!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230107)

cataddict 05-18-21 12:49 PM

Hi Watulans!

I've finished Week 3 of the rotation. Saturday was Chiseled Lower Body Blast and the *(&^* 200 walking lunges, Sunday was Supercuts plus BBW. The Lower Body Blasts are definitely different from one another despite the names! At this point in the rotation I'm really, really over lunges and squats! :p Yesterday was a "rest" day so I did some walking and a little garden maintenance. I might take a week off of a rotation before starting another one---maybe start on June 1st which is a Tuesday or on Memorial Day the 31st. Funny but I get sick of other instructors after a couple weeks but I don't seem to get sick of Cathe---maybe it's because there's so much variety? Dunno.

bee, Cardio Slam has a step portion in it, but you're right there's no dedicated step workout in the April rotation. I think some people aren't steppers and don't think about doing "stepless step" which is also a good workout as I found out.

Nathalie and Kim, good for both of you for planning painting projects. DH repainted our shed last summer, but we still have some inside painting that we want to do. One room involves removing wallpaper which is why it is still not done as that is really a PITA lol.

manleym, I felt like you did about that sit up/push up combo at the end of Supercuts. She uses that combo in a number of the Lives, so maybe I've built up some endurance so it doesn't seem so grueling? I admit I was dreading it when she said there would be 8 rounds!! I thought to myself, well MAYBE there will be 8 rounds for YOU but I ended up doing them all! It was a great finisher!

Kate, I can only recall that crazy smiling woman from 2 workouts, but I haven't done all of them. I might smile occasionally, but hers is so frozen it
looks like a case of Camera Hamminess to me, or maybe just Nervous Hamminess. I don't know how I would feel at being a participant in Cathe Live, particularly not knowing what I might be doing that would be visible to all forever!:sun:

FN1, crap on the oven problem but yay at finding a replacement! We need to replace ours as well but having been putting it off. Good for you for keeping up with everything on your plate these days!

Chele, thinking of you! :heart: I miss seeing your morning posts about the workout you already did that day before I've even gotten out of bed!

Waving to all!

KateTT 05-18-21 02:00 PM

Hey has anyone heard from CHELPA since she posted last? I hope she's ok! That was a serious accident!!

Kim: I'm afraid to say I've barely even heard of JNL workouts. Do I need to investigate? :-)

cat: I just love happy backgrounders!

Today was Cathe's Crossfire and boy, do I love that one!!! Yes there are very light weights and loop used but it's only to intensify the cardio. I think this is one of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts. The impact is totally doable, the fun factor is high. I was sweating buckets.

Popped in my Eoin Finn Blissology Project today..did Bliss Monday and all I can say is AHHHHHH. I may be doing teacher training with Bryan Kest but Eoin is still my favorite.

Question: for those who do Cathe Live, can you list any good floor cardio workouts? Non step. I can't decide if I want to buy some downloads or subscribe. Right now all the Lives that I have purchased are all strength workouts.

Thanks! Happy Tuesday! :sun:

cataddict 05-18-21 04:41 PM

Popping in to answer bee's question upthread. I figured out what the Boxing Bootcamp/Legs and Glutes workout is. It's from FitSplit. It's on the schedule for me tomorrow and I didn't know what it was either so I checked Cathe's forum under that rotation and a poster referred to FitSplit. Voila!

I did Cardio Slam today, mixing it up by starting with the step portion first. I don't know why, but this workout just wore me out and seemed harder than it was the last time I did it. Maybe it was the order of the segments? I will have to do it again at some point in the not too distant future "as is" to see if that was it or I'm just old and weak today. :D

bee 05-18-21 10:47 PM

Hey All!!

Oh, Fit Split!!! I looked in that Rotation thread over the weekend, but I didn't see any answer to the question -- don't know if I missed it or if it came in later. At any rate, I ended up doing Legs & Glutes, which is a fantastic workout! I forget that sometimes. If I remember correctly, I think Garrie said this is maybe his all time Cathe favorite, or maybe his all time lower body favorite. It is a great workout with so much variety and I was feeling it today (I did it yesterday). Today was Cardio Slam (I switched the days because I knew I was going for a walk today) and yep, cataddict, I forgot all about that step portion in that one. I actually just did the first fifteen or twenty minutes before I got interrupted and never got back to it but did a walk with my friend. Oh, forgot to mention that when I did Super Cuts last week I really liked the way so many of the moves involved the core. Cathe just has so many great workouts! I also tend not to tire of her when I'm in the groove of doing her rotations (or a Cathe rotation I've decided on my own).

Kim, I did the JNL program once, but have never revisited it. I wasn't wild about the no warmup and I feel like there was a fair bit of repetition, but I may be remembering wrong. There were a lot of complaints about her talking, but I think as you said, as long as you're prepared for it, it's not so bad.

I have not been doing yoga at all..... Kim, I think *you* need to hold *me* accountable! :o I really want to try the yin you mentioned and also the Redefined one. Hard to see how to fit it in with Cathe's rotation and somehow my schedule seem so busy these days. I don't quite understand it but the days are flying by!

Painting is hard work -- hopefully that PaintMax goes smoothly, lavna and Kim!

TTFN........

Garrie A. 05-19-21 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2925989)
Hey All!!

Oh, Fit Split!!! I looked in that Rotation thread over the weekend, but I didn't see any answer to the question -- don't know if I missed it or if it came in later. At any rate, I ended up doing Legs & Glutes, which is a fantastic workout! I forget that sometimes. If I remember correctly, I think Garrie said this is maybe his all time Cathe favorite, or maybe his all time lower body favorite. It is a great workout with so much variety and I was feeling it today (I did it yesterday). Today was Cardio Slam (I switched the days because I knew I was going for a walk today) and yep, cataddict, I forgot all about that step portion in that one. I actually just did the first fifteen or twenty minutes before I got interrupted and never got back to it but did a walk with my friend. Oh, forgot to mention that when I did Super Cuts last week I really liked the way so many of the moves involved the core. Cathe just has so many great workouts! I also tend not to tire of her when I'm in the groove of doing her rotations (or a Cathe rotation I've decided on my own).

Kim, I did the JNL program once, but have never revisited it. I wasn't wild about the no warmup and I feel like there was a fair bit of repetition, but I may be remembering wrong. There were a lot of complaints about her talking, but I think as you said, as long as you're prepared for it, it's not so bad.

I have not been doing yoga at all..... Kim, I think *you* need to hold *me* accountable! :o I really want to try the yin you mentioned and also the Redefined one. Hard to see how to fit it in with Cathe's rotation and somehow my schedule seem so busy these days. I don't quite understand it but the days are flying by!

Painting is hard work -- hopefully that PaintMax goes smoothly, lavna and Kim!

TTFN........

Bee, actually, Butts & Guts is my favorite Cathe lower body and lower body workout of all time. The Firm's Lower Body Split is a close second (the sequencing is pure genius). Legs & Glutes is still an incredible workout, though--but it's not my absolute favorite. All-time Cathe favorite is High Step Training (just because it has both cardio & strength training, and also because I :love: leg presses).

(Also, sorry to be MIA all. I still read the check-in and am still cheering every Watulan on! It's just sometimes hard for me to balance being in two check-ins. I'll pop in when I can!)

KateTT 05-19-21 12:14 PM

cat: I need to revisit Fit Split. I've only done each workout one time!! Adding that to my rotation! :D

bee: Even if you just fit in some short Yoga...it's better to do a little every day instead of longer practices just once or twice.

Garrie: Butts & Guts is also one of my Cathe favs! It's so fun!!

So today, more Skogg Kettlebell with his At Home Phase 1 Strength 1 workout. There are actually 6 workouts on this DVD. Two strength, two conditioning, two power. All about 40-60 minutes long. I have not done these since about 2017 and am really happy to revisit!!

Strength 1 was about 45 min long so I added on a couple extra sets. Nice warmup and cooldown/stretch! I always feel so well worked with kbells and I can even lift heavier (sometimes).

So now for the rest of May it will be Skogg and Cathe. :D

Happy Hump DAAAAAAYYYYY. :sun:

bee 05-19-21 02:18 PM

Hey All! Garrie, that's funny..... I think I like L&G better than B&G (because I think it is easier), so maybe I did that "translation" in my mind. I need to revisit B&G! Nice to "see" you!!

Kate, you are right about the yoga -- a little bit every day is better. I actually do a little every day in that I do a sequence of about five poses that I hold for one minute each after I work out. But, I feel like I am not getting my money's worth from my subscriptions! :o

Today I did Stacked Upper -- that's a decent workout, too, for a short amount of time. I did the premix with abs added on. My shoulders were killing me during the shoulder section!! I will walk with a friend later. The only time she can walk is 5pm -- horrible timing for me because we are usually making and eating dinner in that hour, but I haven't seen her since before the lockdown so I'm happy to accommodate her schedule.

Waves to all!

KateTT 05-20-21 12:01 PM

bee: I hear you on the Yoga subscriptions. But I do love mine and in time perhaps you will have more time to practice. :heart:

Today I did Cathe's To the Max. YOWIE! I had done this once and according to my notes, I raved. I'm still raving. But tough stuff, especially with a step with three risers! But I sucked it up and kept up although I will admit to stopping sometimes with 5-6 seconds left in the round. ;-)
I just used 5lb dumbells for everything as I really just wanted this to be more cardio. I was dripping and it's not even hot.

FUN! I think I might like Crossfire a little better but this is great too.

Waves to everyone!!!

(sure now I check in daily and no one else is). HAHAHAHAHAHA

manleym 05-20-21 01:52 PM

I'm still here!! Just a crazy busy week! Quick check in then back later to respond to posts. I'm still reading and love hearing about everyone's workouts and what's going on in your lives, just busy - had to work last Saturday and part of this Saturday but things will calm down Monday. Yay!

Monday I did Cardio Slam plus 50 alternating weighted rear lunges, holding 8 lbs + wearing a weighted vest. Kinda like Cataddict (I think) found this harder/not as fun as last time. I did the workout as is, meaning in order - no premix changing floor, mat, step. I do like the variety of having floor, mat, and step. And none of the moves lasted forever, so that's good.

Tuesday I did Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body + 6 Pack Abs #2 + Extended Stretch #2 and it was perfect for Tuesday. I think I like this one better than RUB. And definitely felt my shoulders. I think it was Bee who said the same. I really like the Hip Hugger move. It isn't in any of her other workouts and think it's a great move. So now we can take off our shirts and pull up our pants. Just glad both weren't in the same workout. HA!

Yesterday was Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes Legs & Glutes First premix plus Abs. I REALLY LIKED this premix, and didn't think I would. Last time I did this workout I was kinda 'meh" about it. Can't remember why. But I read 2 Lazy's review and she suggested this premix (legs first, then kickboxing) and I think I will always do this premix in the future. It has a L-O-N-G warmup, (her kickbox dvds always do) but it didn't seem as bad going from it to legs then back to kickboxing. And doing the kickboxing at the end helped loosen up my legs from the weights. I wore weighted gloves for the kickbox section, so my shoulder are REALLY feeling it.

So my plan as of today is to finish this rotation with Afterburn, ICE Metabolic Total Body (premix that includes Blizzard Blast to sub for BBW) and either Cathe Live #33 Lean Lower Body or Great Glutes. I'm planning on MTB tomorrow for Fun Friday because it is one of my fav workouts (or used to be - haven't done it recently).

Hugs and waves everyone!

bee 05-20-21 06:04 PM

Hey All! People must be busy! Manleym you must be so relieved to see light at the end of your busy tunnel --hurrah!

You know..... all this bonus work this month.... I keep thinking I will do it later in the day and I never do, so.... unlike some of you, I'm not that sick of the squats and lunges. :o But wow, my upper body was so sore after Stacked -- that workout packs it in, or I was thinking maybe it is the order she does things (because it was noticeably different. I dunno, but.... last night I watched the clip for Metabolic Total Body and I just could not see doing that one with my sore upper body. I was thinking Kate had just raved about how great Afterburn is and that it's a great cardio workout because the weights are light. Well, now I realize she was talking about Crossfire, but this morning I did Afterburn instead of Metabolic Total Body. I'm thinking for tomorrow I'll do that FitSplit premix we were meant to do when I did Legs & Glutes, but I'll do it with legs first as manleym (2lazy) suggests.

I haven't whined about it but we had some problem in the barn and now I have no internet out there, so can't do my streaming yoga (or anything else streaming) until that's fixed. I can do yoga in the house, but I just don't like to as much. I really like my workout space in the barn!

Kate, I love your checkins! It is funny how the traffic has been here, but it's always great to read your enthusiasm.

Crazy weather! I imagine some of you are getting pretty warm temps but it was 39 here this morning (my poor tomato plants). And now the wind is really kicking up, which they predicted for last night but it never happened then. I'm watching the weather across the country because my older son has figured out he will be going to Skidmore in the fall (my other son is off to College of Wooster in Ohio). Ohio and NY seem to be pretty warm right now! Hope you are enjoying good weather wherever you are.....