Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Santa is coming to the Fitness Cafe - December 2019 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227354)

Donna D 12-01-19 07:20 AM

Santa is coming to the Fitness Cafe - December 2019

Santa is coming to the Fitness Café on Saturday, December 14, 2019! Bring your kids and grandkids to visit Santa. Perhaps you have a wish list also!

cdayley 12-02-19 09:49 PM

Hi, ladies. I flew back home yesterday, and DH flies back home tomorrow. By the time he decided to go on this trip, it was twice as much to get a Sunday plane ticket as I paid! He's flying on Tues, which is cheaper. He got to stay with the girls today while their mommy checked out a preschool for Piper. He survived! I came home with a terrible cold - a going away present from the grandgirlies. It's no good to get home to no food in the house, and no NyQuil. I left the house this evening to get my nails done and run to the grocery store for cold medicine.
Donna, thanks for getting us started!
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Chrys Dayley

sbh 12-03-19 08:44 AM

I am late posting last weeks attempts. Seems like I have been a day behind for a few days..lol.

daily 3 mile dog walk
M-disc golf
T-MR Beauty to the Bone Upper Body 1
W-holiday cleaning
T-Thanksgiving
F-KCM Lift 2B Fit - Full Body Premix

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. :D

superfit41 12-03-19 10:41 AM

Hi all, today was:
Leslie Sansone~ Miracle Miles: 2 miles
TBL~ Lengthen, Strengthen & Stretch

During Black Friday I ordered Leslie's new Walk 15 set from QVC, and a few workouts from Essentrics that I traded away several months ago :o Oh well...
I have almost finished my Christmas shopping so that is good.

Donna D- Thanks for starting us off for the month!

Sherri- Nice week of workouts!

Chrys- Flying over the holidays can be crazy :eek: Sorry to hear about the cold. My allergies have been acting up.

Sherry :)

ealakey 12-05-19 08:19 PM

Donna D, thanks so much for starting us off. :)

I've been super busy at work so no workouts for me!

This week I'm working on creating my own Christmas garlands for the banister and door.

I did not order anything over the weekend, a first for me!

~Beth

superfit41 12-06-19 09:48 AM

Hi all, today was:
be360~ Intro to Bounce at Clarke House
MR Unplugged~ 1912
Essentrics The Ultimate Stretch Workouts~ Muscle Release Workout

I tried to do Robin's short workout for today but I can't log into the website. I sent them a message, hopefully it will be resolved today.
I had my dog spayed on Wednesday, so I have been babysitting her. She is a very active little dog, and it has been hard to keep her calm. She is doing well, though :heart:

Beth- It's is a busy season, hard to keep up with everything :eek: I bet your garlands will be beautiful!

Happy Friday!

sbh 12-06-19 11:05 AM

Hello everybody. I may just do another week of light weights and body weight workouts like this past week. I really enjoyed the workouts.

Can you guys recommend some yoga that is like Jessica Smith's yoga? Without chanting, mantras, and sanskrit, etc. YouTube is ok.

M-JS Feel Good Fusion - Fusion Strength
T-Janice Lennard Pilates
W-JS WS3 Tone & Flow
T-JS WS3 Pilates & Yoga
F-Ballet 24 Classical Christmas Full Ballet Class

Chrys - I hope you are feeling better

Sherry - I didn't order any workout related items, but I did order some really nice shirts for my DH at carbon2cobalt. They are sooooo soft!!! The only workout I really want is Janice Lennards Yoga.

Waves to Beth and Donna!!!

cdayley 12-07-19 08:50 PM

Hi, ladies. DH leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks of training in VA for his new job, which starts Monday. He says his retirement seemed pretty short LOL I've been doing laundry and getting steps in today; I think I can get on the treadmill tomorrow and hopefully not have a coughing fit. I'm making pj pants for Katie and Piper because they are going on a Polar Express - hopefully I will get those done tomorrow. I'll be decorating my mini tree tomorrow. It's the only tree we'll have this year, because DH is gone until the 20th, and leaves again on Jan 6 for more training.
Sherri, I like the Firm yoga workouts.
Beth, I bet the garlands are beautiful!
Sherry, I hope your little dog is healing well :heart:

Chrys Dayley

ealakey 12-08-19 11:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I've finally gotten most of my Christmas shopping and planning finished. I love all of your workouts you've been doing and hope to get back to mine tomorrow!

Chrys, I like the idea of your mini tree! I've often thought about doing that as well.

Sherri, the Classical Christmas ballet class sounds lovely.

Sherry, I hope your little dog is recovering well.

~Beth

cdayley 12-09-19 10:16 PM

Hi, ladies. 2 mile treadmill walk for me tonight. I walked around the house last night to get 2 miles in.
Beth, good job getting the shopping/planning done. That's a huge task!

Chrys Dayley

superfit41 12-10-19 07:43 AM

Hi all, today was:
Leslie's Walk 15~ 1 Mile
TBL~ Restorative Pilates
CS~1014

So far I have done 3 of the new Leslie Walk 15 workouts. They are a lot of fun, with new walk leaders, although they are familiar people from past workouts like Nick, Camilia and Rocky :)

Chrys- It is good to stay busy after retirement. My Dad started a new career after retiring from the Air Force. DH stays very busy too. I think it keeps you young :heart:

Beth- I have one last gift to buy, and a package to mail, and I will be done too :music:

Sherri- Nice week of workouts! I like Sarah Beth Yoga. She has a YouTube channel. She plays very nice guitar music in most workouts, very low key. While she often uses proper yoga terminology, I don't remember any workouts where she does chanting. I also like that she has different levels to choose from.

Have a great day everyone!

cdayley 12-10-19 10:44 PM

Hi, ladies. 2 mile dance walk done tonight. I finally have some energy.
Sherry, I agree, keeping busy is important after retirement. I'll have to check out those Leslie workouts.
Chrys Dayley

sbh 12-14-19 10:31 AM

Ah, the weekend. I hope everyone had a great week. I decided to do something totally different last week, that is for workouts.

S-30 Minute Feel Good Yoga: Flow & Stretch - Yoga Upload
M-45 Minute Total Body Yoga Flow - Yoga Upload
T-Ballerinas by Night Barre & Centerwork
W-Total Body Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Yoga Upload
T-rest
F-Ballerinas by Night Holiday Barre
S-30 Minute Dynamic Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Yoga Upload

I may just keep up with these types of workouts until after Christmas. I really enjoy Yoga Upload. It was recommended to me after I asked the GD for some help.

Sherry - I will check out Sara Beth Yoga as well. Thank you!

Chrys - Glad you are feeling better.:)

Beth - I have a problem with ballet. By the time I get through a barre class, I am too tired for centerwork. Ugh, getting old is frustrating.

We still have a little Christmas shopping to do. Nothing to taxing.

Waves to you all.

cdayley 12-14-19 10:06 PM

Hi, ladies. I did a 3 mile walk today. I've been on an antibiotic for a sinus infection this week, and I've reacted with nausea - I've never done that before. It's really bad after I take my evening pill, so I haven't gotten many walks in this week. I'm going to try walking before I take my pill. Work is crazy - we are doing our penny drive to help the needy families at our school, and we always see so much sadness while doing that. DH is doing well in VA and loves his new work.

Sherri, looks like a great workout week for you!
Sherry and Beth, I hope all is well with you!

Chrys Dayley

superfit41 12-15-19 07:13 AM

Hi all, today was:
be360~ All Cardio, All Holiday, Plus a Dog :D
Essentrics Stretch Series Vol. 1: Full Body Deep Stretch
Elliptical

It has been a busy week. We are getting ready to put our house on the market in January.
Mocha seems to be recovered completely from her surgery :heart:
I feel like my form has improved when doing Classical Stretch/Essentrics. So far I haven't experienced any more back pain.

Chrys- Sorry about the sinus infection, and the nausea :( No fun. Glad to hear that your DH is enjoying his new job.

Sherri- Really nice workouts! I will have to check out Yoga Upload. I can't do very much barre anymore. It really bothers my hamstrings, and I feel like it overworks my legs in general. I still like it, but don't do it very often.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

ealakey 12-15-19 04:27 PM

Hi everyone, I've missed all of you! My DDs are in for Christmas break, and we have a house full of visiting furr babies. It feels somewhat like a zoo! I have also finished my garland masterpiece.

I haven't worked out in weeks. I did purchase a workout plan by Heather Robertson but haven't had time to go through it yet. I like her short videos on YT.

Sherry, I wish you the best of luck with putting your house on the market. I hope all that works out the way you want it.

Chrys, I'm so sorry to hear about your sinus infection. Those are never fun, but especially miserable I think during the colder months. I hope you recover quickly.

Sherri, I love your workouts!

~Beth

cdayley 12-18-19 08:45 PM

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk on Monday - sometimes it's like I'm walking through thick mud because of whatever is still going on with me. Last night, I was super tired, so I made myself march in place while I wrapped gifts for my co workers. I went shopping for one of our school Christmas families yesterday, which is always a humbling experience. I also had a a student tear up because I told them I could give them the means to get the shoes they said they and their little siblings needed. It's heartbreaking.
I'm going to walk on the treadmill tonight.
Sherry, getting a house ready to sell is tons of work! I'm glad Mocha is doing well.
Beth, enjoy your house full of company :heart:

Chrys Dayley

superfit41 12-19-19 07:56 AM

Hi all, today I did:
Being Donna Marie 15-Min Home Workout (rebounding)
TBL~ Relax & Replenish

I went and got a haircut yesterday. It is now very short. So much better. I have very curly, frizzy hair. Short hair is just easier for me.

Chrys- So wonderful to be able to help others, especially at Christmas time :heart:

Beth- How wonderful to have your girls home for Christmas, and extra fur babies too :heart:

sbh 12-22-19 03:32 PM

Just a quick drive by...

S-disc golf
M-JS WS3 Deep Stretch
T-KCM Core Cardio
W-JS WS2 Core Control & Lazy Dancer Barre for Abs
T-Gentle & Calming Yoga Flow - Yoga Upload
F-KCM Trim & Tone

Sherry - I have been sporting my extreme menopause haircut now for the last couple of years. Only about 1-1/2 inches on top and 1/2 inch on the sides and back....oh and no more hair color....solid gray now.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :heart:

cdayley 12-24-19 09:13 AM

Hi, ladies. I've been super tired for a couple of days, so I haven't worked out. I'm planning to do a walk and a workout today. Yesterday, I went to massage therapy, then every grocery store in town looking for 2 things. I only found one of them - at the last store I went to. Every store was nuts, and traffic was terrible! I'm not going to any stores today.
I have to wrap the presents for DS and his girlfriend, who will be here tomorrow. Before I leave on Friday, I have to wrap the presents for DS, DIL, Piper and Lily. They aren't doing Christmas until the 28th, because they want DS to be there <3
Sherri, I still have long hair, and have to have the gray colored.
Sherry, DIL has super curly hair, and she says it's easier when it's short :)
Merry Christmas, ladies!
Chrys Dayley

superfit41 12-26-19 07:59 AM

Hi all, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Today I did:
TBL~ Relax & Replenish

I plan on doing a short cardio workout later this morning.
I was not feeling well yesterday so I didn't even eat Christmas dinner. Feeling better today though.

Sherri- I am much happier with shorter hair. So much easier. I still color my hair, but I have been thinking about when I want to stop and go gray...
Very nice week of workouts!

Chrys- It is a super tiring time of year. So exhausting...Hope you have a nice visit with your family :heart:

sbh 12-28-19 04:07 PM

Christmas is over. Now the hard work begins. Getting control on overeating and moving everyday.

S-JS Steady State Cardio
M-Total Body Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Yoga Upload
T-Dansique Fitness Beginner Barre & 1/2 of the centerwork - ugh!!
W-Christmas
T-The Firm Light Aerobic Mix
F-JS WS3 Barefoot Core Cardio & 1 Mile Motivation
S-JS 30 min Fusion Sculpt

Waves to you all!

cdayley 12-28-19 08:11 PM

Today was a 4 mile walk, pushing the 2 year old grandgirlie to the store in the stroller, and finishing by walking the granddog.
Sherri, I need to work on my eating too
Sherry, I'm so sorry you didn't feel well. I'm glad you're better now.
Chrys Dayley

ealakey 12-29-19 12:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I can't believe a new year is around the corner. I haven't worked out in about two months, and my house feels like a zoo with all the visiting animals. I go back to work in about another week. I will probably start off the new year with the Heather Robertson workouts I purchased.

Sherri, I also need to get control with the overeating. I don't even want to weigh right now.

Sherry and Sherri, I love the idea of your haircuts! Like Chrys, my hair is still long and I get it colored every few months.

Waves to Chrys!

~Beth

ealakey 01-02-20 04:54 PM

New thread for January, http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227587