Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How soon JNL results? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=199906)

kmissa 01-19-14 04:58 PM

How soon JNL results?

So I had a very lazy holiday and slacked off diet and exercise wise. With the new year I cleaned up my diet and started JNL 1/6. Two weeks later and I can see a noticeable difference in my midsection which is my total trouble zone. Is this normal? I'm definitely motivated to stick with it since it's quick and easy. I can't wait to get some toned arms too.

I made the mistake of treading a TA thread so I'm toying w the idea of adding that in sometimes too.

violingal3 01-19-14 05:36 PM

Congrats on the early results with JNL - that's always encouraging! JNL is great for my waist and booty and arms - the combo of heavier weights and cardio bursts works wonders for me. I've said it on many thrads, but JNL is my go to when I want to get serious and I know I'll be in a bathing suit.

But since these are so basic and athletic, I love adding yoga, pilates, barre, ballet, or TA to the mix a few times a week (even if it's just once a week, that's ok). It's whatever I feel like - just something with a little more grace to keep things fluid and stretched out.

kmissa 01-19-14 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violingal3 (Post 2350180)
Congrats on the early results with JNL - that's always encouraging! JNL is great for my waist and booty and arms - the combo of heavier weights and cardio bursts works wonders for me. I've said it on many thrads, but JNL is my go to when I want to get serious and I know I'll be in a bathing suit.

But since these are so basic and athletic, I love adding yoga, pilates, barre, ballet, or TA to the mix a few times a week (even if it's just once a week, that's ok). It's whatever I feel like - just something with a little more grace to keep things fluid and stretched out.

Thx for the info this is so good to hear :) I can def use help in all those areas. I'm surprised how challenging it is in such a short amount of time.

Question: what size weights do you use? I've been using 7's for everything, but I'm wondering if I should go heavier for the lower body moves. Thoughts?

diggerholliday 01-19-14 05:50 PM

I got great results this past summer doing JNL with heavy weights, walking and yoga. Broke my plateau, got a cinched in waist and gained strength. I modified some moves but still worked hard. This is the only rotation I have ever completed.

violingal3 01-19-14 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmissa (Post 2350185)
Question: what size weights do you use? I've been using 7's for everything, but I'm wondering if I should go heavier for the lower body moves. Thoughts?

Well, the beauty of JNL is that you can go heavy or light and do what's right for you! I have other high rep/low weight workouts for other times, so I tend to go a little heavier with JNL - 20-25 lbs for back and lower body, mostly 15 lbs for upper body - and aim for anywhere between 10-16 reps for each exercise. It just depends on the move (I don't pay attention to the exercisers, I just go at my own pace with good form), I keep notes on my poundage and reps so I can easily see where I left off or if I need to scale it back if I haven't done JNL in a while and know where to build back up to.

LeanneM 01-20-14 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmissa (Post 2350153)
Two weeks later and I can see a noticeable difference in my midsection which is my total trouble zone. Is this normal?

Congrats on your results! I always get quick results with JNL, too! It cinches in the waist so nicely!

I wish I could stick with JNL rotations longer, but she drives me nutso and I have to stop each time after a few weeks. :p

kmissa 01-21-14 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanneM (Post 2350652)
Congrats on your results! I always get quick results with JNL, too! It cinches in the waist so nicely!

I wish I could stick with JNL rotations longer, but she drives me nutso and I have to stop each time after a few weeks. :p

Thx! I know what you mean. I recruited a coworker/workout buddy and we r just going to create a playlist and press mute. The time goes by quickly too which helps.

Has anyone used bands over weights? I want to go heavier, but I don't want to have to buy 10s and 12s.

Footballnut 01-21-14 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmissa (Post 2351064)
Thx! I know what you mean. I recruited a coworker/workout buddy and we r just going to create a playlist and press mute. The time goes by quickly too which helps.

Has anyone used bands over weights? I want to go heavier, but I don't want to have to buy 10s and 12s.

Where is that "like" button when you need it? :)