Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poor Bill Phillips Got COVID (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231634)

mamaste 08-26-21 12:27 PM

The thread wasn’t political until a few decided to talk about masks and vaccinations. You (Royal You) choose what to post. You choose to respond. You choose what you say. You can also choose to ignore a post or to respond in a positive manner.

Once someone had COVID, no finger pointing or disagreeing about masks and vaccines will get rid of it.

hedygs 08-26-21 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938771)
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all :love: .

Prayers being sent for your Mom and yours.

Pat58 08-26-21 01:06 PM

Jackie - I'm so sorry about your Mom. :(

Erica H. 08-26-21 01:15 PM

Jackie - I am so sorry about your mom. Thinking of you and your family.

Erica

Taiga 08-26-21 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938771)
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all :love: .

So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

amoodygirl 08-26-21 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2938776)
When you stated that your cousin died because the maintenance people in her building didn't wear masks, you should have expected a negative reaction. You can't falsely accuse people of murder/negligent homicide because they didn't wear a mask.

All I'm going to say on this topic is the source of the infection was proven through contact tracing. Many people became ill with Covid in her building, including her daughter (who survived) and many passed away after having contact with these workers.

amoodygirl 08-26-21 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cataddict (Post 2938762)
Can we please just stop bickering about the politics and express empathy for the souls who are impacted by the virus? Why does every single thread have to go downhill in a matter of a few posts pushing an agenda with nothing to gain since no minds are changed and civilized discussion is cut off. Canít we reign it in?

Thoughts and prayers for Bill Phillips and his family.

You are so right!

amoodygirl 08-26-21 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938758)
Sadly, it is political.

My mom is in the hospital, in critical condition with encephalitis. Her doctors have brought up the possibility that it is a reaction to "the shot".

There are risks and benefits with all our health decisions. Be kind.

Jackie - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers completely and soon. It gets so much harder as we get older.

leigh1673 08-26-21 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2938756)
Unfortunately, all Covid posts eventually get political. I'm sorry about your cousin. However, I don't believe wearing a cloth mask makes any real difference in the spread of the virus. A cloth mask only helps if one sneezes or coughs into the mask to stop the water droplets from spraying directly onto others. Most people probably pull the mask down when they cough or sneeze because they don't want to wear a wet mask.

We don't know what type of medical treatment Bill has received, many liberal doctors refuse to provide treatments based primarily on their political beliefs. Best practice is for each of us to do the research on available treatments and discuss treatment options with our doctors before getting the virus.

We also don't know if Bill had any types of deficiencies. Many people are low in zinc and D3. These have been proven through testing to help reduce symptoms of Covid. We don't know what precautionary measures (if any) he took to build up his immune system.

Sadly, I will probably get some negative feedback from my post and there will probably be people that no longer want to associate with me. However, I am going to speak the truth as I see it.

I've read posts here in this forum where pro-maskers have wanted to inflict violence by slapping people that don't wear masks. Many in this group do not believe in allowing others to have a differing opinion. There is no free discourse. That's another reason to stay away from posting threads about Covid. It creates too much disharmony. Instead of building up relationships, it tears people apart.

Probably because your "truth" is some regurgitated nonsense spouted by an ignorant faction of the population who blatantly disregard actual. scientific. evidence.

But please, do go on...

gladgirl 08-26-21 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938771)
Thank you. She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all :love: .

It's good she's back near family and has you/your DH to check in on her.
Here's to wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that she overcomes this and lots of hugs to you and yours.

fanofladyvols 08-26-21 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2938789)
So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

Taiga prayers for your family member to get better over time 🙏

Karla25 08-26-21 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoodygirl (Post 2938794)
All I'm going to say on this topic is the source of the infection was proven through contact tracing. Many people became ill with Covid in her building, including her daughter (who survived) and many passed away after having contact with these workers.

If you weren't trying to stir the pot, then you should have simply said the maintenance workers should have been quarantined. However, you had to politicize the post and state your cousin died because the maintenance men didn't wear masks. The results would have been the same if they had been wearing a mask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoodygirl (Post 2938749)
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html


Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh1673 (Post 2938801)
Probably because your "truth" is some regurgitated nonsense spouted by an ignorant faction of the population who blatantly disregard actual. scientific. evidence.

But please, do go on...

LOL. Ditto. It goes both ways. Do you not realize both parties think the other party is uninformed? That's why it's best to avoid these types of conversations.

My husband, who is a Mensa member (genius IQ) isn't ignorant, but rather highly informed about protective protocols and treatments. I trust his judgement immensely.

Lastly, you just proved my point by bullying me for stating my opinion. Hopefully, Wendy will shut this thread down.

gladgirl 08-26-21 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2938789)
So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

Wow...this is so frightening. So sorry your mom is going through all this.
Glad to hear she's getting better with the meds. Hoping she continues to completely recover. Hugs and prayers for you all.

ardnas 08-26-21 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938771)
She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all :love: .

So sorry to hear.

My mom is another who had adverse reactions (to Moderna). First shot was fine, after 2nd she started having bad headaches daily then couldn't breathe, fainted, blot clots in lungs, and all types of odd things, flu symptoms - always tested neg for covid. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes since early May. 4 hospitals in 4 different cities, tested for everything under the sun and all 14 of her Drs say it is from the vaccine. She was also intubated, had lungs scoped & biopsied. She is on oxygen & steroids and doesn't have much quality of life. Don't believe she will recover or survive for long.

ardnas 08-26-21 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2938789)
So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

So sorry to hear this.

Lori_Michigan 08-26-21 03:40 PM

JackieB and taiga -- I'm so sorry, I sure hope your family members are able to recover in time.

It took a solid 10 weeks for me to not feel the daily nerve pain, but I still feel it occasionally. It took about 6 six weeks to not feel the effects on my motor skills. I kind of think I also have some gastro and intestinal nerve damage too, since I didn't have either of those prior to the shot either. But I know nerves take a long time to regenerate if they've been damaged.

My son's nerve headaches and heart rate issues took about 8 weeks to subside, but again, he still gets them occasionally. He also developed severe allergies this year, which he never had before.

We certainly take any precaution we can now, since we clearly had some sort of autoimmune reaction. I really thought that my high vitamin D level (which I get tested every few months) would have helped with the shot's side effects, but I guess not.

amoodygirl 08-26-21 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2938805)
If you weren't trying to stir the pot, then you should have simply said the maintenance workers should have been quarantined. However, you had to politicize the post and state your cousin died because the maintenance men didn't wear masks. The results would have been the same if they had been wearing a mask.

I'm not stirring the pot. I'm merely stating facts. I remain non-political and am guided completely by the science.

gladgirl 08-26-21 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardnas (Post 2938807)
So sorry to hear.

My mom is another who had adverse reactions (to Moderna). First shot was fine, after 2nd she started having bad headaches daily then couldn't breathe, fainted, blot clots in lungs, and all types of odd things, flu symptoms - always tested neg for covid. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes since early May. 4 hospitals in 4 different cities, tested for everything under the sun and all 14 of her Drs say it is from the vaccine. She was also intubated, had lungs scoped & biopsied. She is on oxygen & steroids and doesn't have much quality of life. Don't believe she will recover or survive for long.

OMG So sorry to hear what your poor mom went through and still suffering. I cannot imagine, truly. Hugs and love and prayers for you all!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness