Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

Mickey12 01-25-21 06:33 PM

Malinda a co-worker of mine did the Muscle Burns Fat program in the summer. She was telling me about the jump rope handle things. They do sound fun. I'm sure you'll be a pro at them in no time.

Tonight I did Amy Bento's Hi/lo Dome Challenge, just the cardio part. It's so much fun!!! I love the music, the choreography is pretty easy to get, although I leave out the spins and modified some of the moves to low impact. It's really a fun one. :D

Hope everyone has a great week.

KateTT 01-26-21 11:58 AM

Friends...gotta be brief but wanted to check in and say hi. I'm still working out and will post details later. But have to go be with my two boys shortly. They just lost their other grandma and her funeral is today. Lost both their grandmothers within 8 months of each other.
Still hoping for a better 2021.

I'll be back!

Mickey12 01-26-21 01:16 PM

Kate I'm sorry your family is going through this. You're such a good mom. You definitely have your priorities in the right place. :heart:

Jules 01-26-21 08:20 PM

Kate: Your family has been through so much this last year. :( I hope you were able to share good memories and lots of love with your sons and other family members today.

I have a headache today, but I still worked out. It was my last time doing BodyShred: Escalate. I followed up with Cathe's Perfect 30 Mobility.

Tomorrow I will probably do one of Cathe's step routines. I will start the level 3 BodyShred workouts on Thursday.

Kim: I had to check out the Dome Challenge workout. I was curious if it used a Bosu Ball? I guess not, but it sure does look like a blast! :p Did you see that Cathe is coming out with a round mat soon?

Linda: I have never tried Lauren Brooks but I hear she is awesome. Do you work out with kettlebells often?

Malinda: I am glad to hear you like the cordless jump rope. I am putting it on my Treat Yo Self list.

Mickey12 01-26-21 08:38 PM

Jules Amy Bento's hi/lo dome challenge does use a bosu, but it's the end portion when she does abs and some upper body weights, I think. I never do that part. :o I just like the hi/lo cardio section. It's So Much Fun!

I did see that Cathe's round mats are coming soon. I was disappointed that they are black though. I probably wasn't going to get one (even though I really want one) but the black color sealed the deal. No go. :(

Tonight I did a Youtube step workout. The instructor's name is Kat (I don't remember her full name) but if you put in Kat step you'll find her. She's got cats too that wander into the frame occasionally. :) The workouts are really fun, choreography is pretty easy to grasp, no commercials in the middle (Ugg!) and the music is good.

Hope everyone has a great night. :heart:

fanofladyvols 01-26-21 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 2909336)
Kate: Your family has been through so much this last year. :( I hope you were able to share good memories and lots of love with your sons and other family members today.

^^+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 2909336)
Linda: I have never tried Lauren Brooks but I hear she is awesome. Do you work out with kettlebells often?

Malinda: I am glad to hear you like the cordless jump rope. I am putting it on my Treat Yo Self list.

A treat yo self list? I love it!! Cathe's round mat is on mine!

Jules I'm super impressed with Lauren. I just got kettlebells for Christmas so I bugged the crap out of some folks I knew used them. Then I did some more research and it boiled down to a few instructors. Then after I found some clips I settled on her to try and have been very happy with what I'm learning. I couldn't have afforded her dvds back in the day but she has them priced so that I can now. I warned my husband since he bought me these I would have to have more workouts. He expected nothing less :p I'm being very careful concentrating on only two moves right now but am still having a blast!

Kim I'm so disappointed we won't be mat twinsies :( so what mat are you getting next?

Did mobility then squat and deadlift challenge today! I got the Cathe loops this Christmas (me likey) and I watch Cathe's name Stretch out and back and it makes me giggle. It's the little things... :D

KateTT 01-27-21 01:53 PM

I'm back. Thank you for all your kind words. I did not actually go to the funeral but went after to spend time with my boys. They were being pretty stoic but I know it pained them. :(

Linda: I am kind of OCD when it comes to logging my workouts. I have an excel spreadsheet with notes and then a word doc calendar where I plan out my rotations.
You know I'll post about Katami!
Haven't done any of Lauren't challenges for ages. Her first swing challenge toasted me behind!

Jules: We have had a very mild, low-snow winter too. And yet I'm still burning through the firewood! Eeek. Great workouts girl!
Headache better?

Malinda: Cool that you're doing MBF!! You WILL progress if you challenge yourself, even by 1-2 lbs more each time. First week for MBFA. See below.

Kim: I was tempted to by the BOD ropes as they look totally doable and under $30. I may still pick some up for future workouts. I have not been using anything.

Waves if I missed anyone. How on earth did I get so far behind? I'll just catch up with this week.

Monday was MBFA Day 3 Upper + Day 1 Lower Body Burn. The lower body workout was better than the upper but not feeling the love for these two. Too much repetition and it didn't seem that advanced. Like asymetric shoulder presses were done lifting the hips at the same time. Not that it's a bad exercise, but its the same chest work from the previous 3 weeks. Only slight differences. But we'll see. I'm not giving up yet!! I didn't start out liking 80 Day Obsession but quickly came to love it!

Yoga was from Gaia, David Magone Full Body Strength & Toning. An "ahhh" class. It was not killer despite the name of the practice. Just nice longer holds like Hatha.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Shock Cardio MMA Kickbox. Ok. Not her best kickboxing and I got lost on the last kick combo. But not ever bad. And the core work was excellent! I do love my core work!
No Yoga as I went to be with my sons.

Today back in love with Cathe! I did Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp. So I have only done this one ONE time four years ago. I didn't like it at all according to my log notes. I think that must have meant that it was too hard? Not sure but it sure was fun today. Tough but fun. Didn't get lost on anything. LOL
Usually went a little heavier than Cathe. It was a really good bootcamp workout. Glad I revisited!

Yoga pending. I see Travis has a Winter practice on YouTube..maybe. But David Magone is calling me too. I LOVE his stuff!

HUGS

Malinda 01-27-21 02:43 PM

Kate - I am so sorry about your sons' loss; I'm glad you were able to spend some time with them.

I have been working on putting my workouts logs from the last 12 years into a spreadsheet. While working on 2011, I noted that the first time I did Cathe's Double Wave Pyramid was January 26, 2011. So... yesterday DH and I did our version of Double Wave Pyramid to celebrate the anniversary! DH digitizes all of my workout DVDs for me. He then edited DWP to add a third round (so, I guess it is a triple wave pyramid), so that is our version. Anyway, it was fun, in an "Oh my goodness, my legs are killing me" kind of way. My legs were still sore from MBF Lower Body.

Speaking of MBF, I did the first upper body workout today. The asymetric chest flies were really challenging! So far I am liking these, but I really do need to either double up or find some add-on materials - my body definitely responds better to 40-50 minute workouts rather than 30.

Waves to everyone!!!

fanofladyvols 01-29-21 10:01 AM

Yesterday was mobility, more squat and deadlift challenge and her Quick and Dirty Kettlebell workout. I'm not very advanced in kettlebell technique so I sub in cleans for snatches.

Jules I am putting Cathe's round mat on my treat yo self list. I've even cleared a space in a basket in the Shred Shed to store it. :D

Malinda 12 years? Wowee what a project?! I think my workouts are mostly documented with the card in its case. That would be too cumbersome to organize in a document.

Kim I love reading your post as you gush about choreography...even though I would never do that.

Kate I can see how much you have benefited in being able to celebrate your progress by having those notes. I need to make sure I do that beyond looking at them for my starting weight or changes.

Happy Friday Fitchicks!!

Jules 01-29-21 02:29 PM

Hi Gals! I am getting ready to do a grocery run in town. Ended up cleaning the house yesterday which was not fun, but it feels good to be done. Our border collie is a big-time shedder.

Wednesday: Cathe's Athletic Step + Stretch Max with the band
Thursday: BodyShred: Conquer + Yoga 30 for 30 Edge
Today: BodyShred: Triumph + Travis' Short & Sweet #1

I probably should not have followed up Conquer with Edge - my neck was hurting last night. Lots of planks in both. Also, it could be from all the house cleaning on top of everything. Triumph was a nice surprise today! It did not feel as intense as all the other BodyShred workouts up til now. I will probably up my weights next time I do it. Most enjoyable workout in the series so far for me. :love:

Kate: I agree with you on the MMA Kickbox. I like her MMA boxing a lot more. The Fusion one is ok but I rarely reach for it. BodyCombat has spoiled us! :cool:

Malinda: I hear you on 30 minutes not being enough. I try to shoot for 60-75 minutes. Nice job on the triple wave! :sun:

Linda: I am waiting to see how much the Cathe mat costs. Now Kim made me go look at the Mandala mats and they are sooo pretty! But out of stock.....

Malinda 01-29-21 06:30 PM

Happy Friday, y'all!

Linda - Yes, 12 years - I'm just doing a few months at a time, but it has been a very fun trip down memory lane. I write other events down on that calendar sometimes, so it's not just workouts. I love that you have a Shred Shed! Very clever!

Jules - You are really making me want to investigate Body Shred! But I'm determined to stick with MBF & MBFA for the next few weeks. No shiny objects for me. Darn it.

Workouts:

Thurs - Breathless Body with DH - he's BACK! We hit it HARD. Loved it!

Fri - MBF Day 4 - Cardio Core or something like that. I repeated the AMRAP at the end to get a little more oomph. These workouts really go by fast for me; probably because they aren't killer hard.

Kate and Kim - I hope all is well with you!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Mickey12 01-30-21 12:00 PM

Malinda I agree, 12 years of workouts is an enormous project! Wow! I bet it’s fun to look back though. And I loved reading about your workout time with your husband. It’s so heartwarming and it’s fantastic that you guys share such an incredibly healthy hobby. Go you! :D

Jules how has the school and COVID situation been going? I have heard that the schools have turned out not to be a source of spreading. Has it calmed down in your area?

Linda I have turned my attention away from buying any mats at the moment. I enjoy the browsing part of shopping and sometimes I don’t have to actually make a purchase to feel happy. But the next time a thread pops up about something new and pretty I will be all over it. :love:

Yesterday I did the double cardio portion of Cathe’s 4 Day split. It’s been years since I did it and the cuing was a little late. Not a huge deal but the last combo in each section had me doing my own thing. :p It was still a lot of fun. It was a Fun Friday workout from the Watulan checkin.

Hope every has a great weekend. The sun is shining bright today, blue sky and a little bit of snow on the ground. It’s GORGEOUS but really cold. I am admiring it from inside. If it wasn’t so cold I would be suggesting a walk with my husband.

Jules 01-30-21 04:21 PM

Howdy! I did Cathe's Step Blast today - so much fun! Tomorrow I will do one of the Flexibility & Beyonds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim
How has the school and COVID situation been going? I have heard that the schools have turned out not to be a source of spreading. Has it calmed down in your area?
It is going ok. At the elementary school where I work about 10% of students and staff have officially tested positive this school year. All grades are kept separated from each other so if there is an outbreak in one class the entire class is quarantined. Currently there are 5 new cases and 3 classes in quarantine.

At the high school my daughter attends about 7% of students have tested positive and about 15% of staff. There are some asymptomatic cases for sure. They are not able to keep grades separated in high school, but they are much more strict with the mask policy.

The masks along with disinfecting are truly working and are what is keeping our schools open. Our new governor is talking about dropping the mask mandate soon and I am worried because he also moved teachers down the vaccination list. It sounds like the earliest we might get vaccinated is mid-May. I hope our local schools will still require masks through the end of the school year!

Mickey12 01-30-21 07:29 PM

Jules . I hope they keep the mask policy too. I have a hard time understanding the decisions of the policy makers sometimes. Everything seems so contradictory. I’m glad things are going ok for you.

fanofladyvols 01-30-21 08:24 PM

Kim I understand that completely..I look forward to hearing what you may find ;)

Jules those stats sound as good as you can hope for. I'm glad things are ok.

Malinda I'm so glad you got to work out with your husband again on your traditional Workout..that's awesome!

I have so many workouts I planned to do but I am still having fun with my kettlebells and learning from Lauren. I even practice during dead moments without the bell and watching her demos going through the motions. Today I did a Kettlebell class online, continued the squat challenge today and some mobility.
If there one thing I will borrow from this experience and adopt into my regular lifting it is this practice of doing mobility exercises in between sets. Lauren does that in all the workouts I have done with her.

I had already been doing that before and after workouts. But I'm thinking I'd rather eliminate a set to accommodate the time a few mobility exercises might take. This is totally in keeping with my resilience theme.

Waves to Kate and fist bumps all around!

Mickey12 01-30-21 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2910054)
Kim I understand that completely..I look forward to hearing what you may find ;)

Jules those stats sound as good as you can hope for. I'm glad things are ok.

Malinda I'm so glad you got to work out with your husband again on your traditional Workout..that's awesome!

I have so many workouts I planned to do but I am still having fun with my kettlebells and learning from Lauren. I even practice during dead moments without the bell and watching her demos going through the motions. Today I did a Kettlebell class online, continued the squat challenge today and some mobility.
If there one thing I will borrow from this experience and adopt into my regular lifting it is this practice of doing mobility exercises in between sets. Lauren does that in all the workouts I have done with her.

I had already been doing that before and after workouts. But I'm thinking I'd rather eliminate a set to accommodate the time a few mobility exercises might take. This is totally in keeping with my resilience theme.

Waves to Kate and fist bumps all around!

Linda what do you mean by mobility exercises? What sort of exercises are they?

fanofladyvols 01-30-21 08:54 PM

Kim If I can find examples I will update this post with links for names of things that might not be clear but here they are:

Unweighted good mornings https://youtu.be/jVXYOdZywKM

Unweighted half get ups with high bridge https://youtu.be/UzJLGohjX7A

Cat cow

Bird dog

Windmills https://youtu.be/KW1gjgs-AGk

Windshield wipers

Hip circles go to minute 2:17 https://youtu.be/F57hMlShKhk

Low squats arms extended holding box to help get lower

Figure 4 stretch

Shoulder dislocates flossing with resistance band https://youtu.be/2Yvkc77evN0

Band halos

Pedaling down dog

Much more but you get the idea you are going through the joint range of motion to release any tension that has accumulated. You feel really fresh and strong for the next set ...Do different variations of these in between sets depending on what you are exercising...so good. :)

Mickey12 01-31-21 08:07 PM

Thanks Linda, those were excellent examples. Now I know what you mean.

Jules 02-02-21 07:06 PM

Hey Ladies! Very rainy day here today - Hopefully it is snowing on the ski hills!

Kim - Did you get a lot of snow in the storm out east?

Yesterday I did BodyShred: Conquer + Level Up: Upper Body Yin. I decided the "duck walks" are too hard on my knees and did walking lunges instead.

Today I did BodyShred: Triumph + Short & Sweet Yoga #2. I upped my weights today and my calorie burn was slightly higher. Fun workout!

Tomorrow is my cardio day and I plan to revisit Les Mills The Trip #20. :love:

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl this weekend. I don't really care which team wins - just hope it is an exciting game. I am gonna take the day off from my diet. :yummy:

KateTT 02-03-21 12:58 PM

Drive by hello. Sorry for being MIA. My days are busier lately. I'll be back! :D

Mickey12 02-03-21 01:47 PM

Jules I'd say we got between 15 to 20 inches of snow over two days. Some areas near us got more. It was in two storms though, so I had shovel max for two days. It wasn't terrible and it really looked pretty in the back yard with the snow hanging on the trees and the birds at the feeders. My low back is a little sore though.

I'm not sure what workout I will do today. It's still early. ;)

Oh, and I think you can definitely go off your diet for the Superbowl. :D Enjoy it! We definitely need things to look forward to.

Malinda 02-03-21 03:00 PM

Happy Hump Day!

Kim - I completely agree that we need things to look forward to. I think that's one of many reasons why COVID has taken such a toll on people.

Jules - Oh, those duck walks are in one of the Ripped in 30 workouts - I want to say it's level 4, which is the one I didn't like. They are definitely hard on the knees - I think walking lunges are a much safer, and just as effective, choice.

Linda - those links to the mobility exercises are great! Thanks so much!

Kate - Hope you are a "good" busy!

Workouts:

Saturday - MBF Day 5 - Total Body
Sunday - MBF Day 6, Ignite + Day 7, Recovery
Monday - Rest day - early dentist appointment
Tuesday - MBF Day 8, Lower Body
Wednesday - MBF Day 9, Cardio Core & MBF Day 10, Upper Body

I went up in weights a bit with the Lower Body workout, but I'm not as sore as I was after the first one. I like combining two workouts. I really like Megan's take on some moves - they are just different enough to be fresh, but not all crazy-pants injuries waiting to happen.

KateTT 02-04-21 01:35 PM

Kim: !?!?!?!??! I saw that storm on the news. My brother in Virginia got 6 inches of snow which is a lot for them!

Malinda: Good busy, yes. At least it's from work. I do website merchandising and my boss has been doing some serious buying. :D

I totally threw out my Muscle Burns Fat Advanced rotation. It was ok, but I was getting bored. And maybe the advanced workouts would have been better but I just wasn't into it. So I finished out last week with Cathe 4DS Cardio Power Mix.
Yoga: Gaia Bernie Clark Yin Side of Energy

Then I decided to try my Katami 4x4 set. I really like Paul and have a few of his workouts. I actually had this set back in 2016 and did not like it. ????? I chalk that comment up to being overweight and not able to do the moves. So I started with I Am Change 1 and really liked it! Great format of cardio/lower/upper/core all for a minute each. A wee bit of repeating moves but no boredom. And three levels like Amy Dixon does. I floated between Power of 2 (intermediate) and Power of 3 (advanced).
For Yoga I did the 4x4 Rope Stretch which felt good. Just stretches, no poses.

So this week:
Mon: Cathe Strong & Sweaty PHA Mix 1. This includes the core work. Whew! I know PHA is meant to be non-stop and this was good. Not overkill on the speed, and one of Cathe's great PHA workouts. Gotta love when you get a little cardio effect from weights. ;-)
Power Yoga with Mike Nader - Human Pretzel.

Tues: Cathe 2013 Series Party Rockin' Step 2. Ok, I had NEVER done this workout. All out of fear of the choreo. So I read some reviews and previewed a little. I LOVE THIS ONE! Although I did flub a tiny bit, it was easy to catch on to and superb steady state cardio. I just did the regular workout this time but looked at some of the bonuses and premixes. I was dripping and just had a lot of fun. I like step workouts but I don't like fumbling around with the footwork.
I bought Eoin Finn's new Blissology Project 2 downloads so did Bliss 2 Monday Superflow Short + Meditation. Ahhh. I LOVE Eoin. I didn't even check the price, I just knew I wanted this. I have the first BP on DVD. Eoin is my fav.

Wed: Katami 4x4 I Am Change 2. Yes! Still really liking these! I can't quite tell what weights the backgrounders use so I just choose what worked for me. Challenging but not killer. Same format but all new moves. And this set is supposed to progress so I expect it will get harder.
Yoga Bliss 2 Monday Superflow - the full length practice. :love: :heart:

Today: Cathe 2013 Series Party Rockin' Step 2 Ext Mix 8. Yup, I enjoyed this one SO much that I had to do it again while it was fresh. This time I did one of the mixes that includes a couple of the bonus rounds. Not a lot of teaching and slightly harder choreo but I got it and it was FUN! FUN I tell you! FUN! :D

Getting ready for some more Blissology Project 2 yoga. FYI, Eoin and Insaya both instruct.
Despite all the virus and stress and vaccine and general crap in life, I have really been feeling good! And another snow storm is missing us! :D

HUGS

Jules 02-04-21 08:02 PM

1 day closer to the weekend!

Kim: Wow! That's a lot of snow! Is is weird that I am actually kind of jealous? We got about 1 inch today - just enough to make the roads slick. At least it looks like winter out there now. It doesn't seem right that we could see all the grass in our yard yesterday.

Malinda: Great job staying consistent with MBF! How long do you plan to stick with it? I agree with you that controlled moves are so important! That is why I like Cathe and Les Mills so much - they both do a great job instructing proper form and not throwing in a bunch of wild moves just to be different. I have been modifying a few of Jillian's moves to keep my joints safe.

Kate: Sounds like the exercise ADD won again. LOL! Gotta love Cathe and Eoin. I :heart: Party Rockin' Step 2. Not PRS 1 so much - the choreo is much harder in that one. I have put Katami's 4X4 in my cart more than once over at Total Fitness DVDs, but have not pulled the trigger on it. I am not sure if I would stick with it? I am very interested to hear what you think of the program once you do more of the workouts.

Hi Linda! Hope Lauren is treating you well!

ETA: Today I did BodyShred: Conquer + Yoga 30 for 30: Backbends

Jules 02-05-21 12:46 PM

Always be careful what you wish for, right? We got about 6 inches of snow last night and it is still coming down. Of course school is on time here unless we get over a foot of powder so the morning commute was super sketchy. Even the big plow that clears the main road I drive got stuck... yikes. Hopefully the roads will be better this afternoon.

For my workout today I did BodyShred: Triumph + Travis Short & Sweet Yoga #3. Tomorrow is my cardio day. I might do Cathe's Max Intensity Cardio or Greatest Hits. Of course I will also be doing Shovel Max!

Have a great weekend!

KateTT 02-05-21 02:05 PM

Jules: My log says I have PRS1 but I can't find it. That's ok. I think the moves may be too frustrating for me.
Aggggh, Shovel Max! All the snowstorms in MN lately have missed me in the West Central part of the state. Yay! I don't miss it.

Today was Katami 4x4 I Am Athlete 1. I must have been silly to get rid of this but way back when I had it I was also fairly overweight still. Now although challenging, are not killer. At least not yet.
This time the format is still the same (cardio, lower, upper, core) for a minute each but the moves are slightly harder or the pace slightly faster. I used 15, 16.25 and 20s for everything. I'm glad I have my plate mates because I can bump up the weights in small increments.

TGIF and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jules 02-05-21 06:26 PM

Kate: The bonus combos on PRS2 are from PRS1, so in a way you get to do PRS1 even if you can't find it. (Hope you find it!) PRS2 is one of my go-to workouts b/c the combos are short. I love that.

fanofladyvols 02-07-21 10:32 PM

Jules yes, Lauren Brooks is teaching me alot! I have improved my plank form.

I think kettlebells are getting me stronger in a way I haven't experienced before. My plank is more solid in execution. I have always tried to do pullups and have been doing all the things I could to get better but I wasn't really progressing. Yesterday, I was able to at least do a few with a resistance band assisting. Made me so happy ..even if I never get strong enough to do one without the band I feel pretty accomplished. In some ways, the way Lauren teaches reminds me of Cathe.

Malinda I'm glad those links helped you too!

Kate I need to finish my xfactor ST set. But I keep getting distracted! I think that's great that you're enjoying Paul. Telling me that set is like Amy Dixon makes me want to get one day too!

Kim shoveling snow is no joke! That's a workout to me...and I have never had to shovel as much as you mention...yikes!!

Today was more of an active recovery day.. I did some of a Brooks tutorial on swings, then Cathe's Stretch Max with the band workout (loved it) and followed that my walking on the elliptical at a steady state. I'll do my own pilates routine later.

High fives to all for a great (warmer) week !!

Malinda 02-08-21 03:52 PM

Hi ladies!

Linda - Congrats on the pull-ups! I can do them with a purple band -- I tried a few using the black band and it wasn't pretty. I need to get back to doing them regularly.

Jules - MBF is a 3-week program, then MBFA is another 3 weeks. I will probably do both, but of course it will take me longer than 6 weeks since I throw in other stuff. Hang in there with the Shovel Max!

Kim - You hang in there with Shovel Max, too!

Kate - I have been tempted by Katami 4x4 several times. I have a workout that he and Amy Dixon put out -- I can't remember what it is called right now, but I like it.

DH almost had to go to LA to direct a commercial this week, but luckily, he is going to be able to do it via Zoom. I was really worried about him having to fly and then being in a studio where the talent can't be masked while shooting. Everyone on set would be tested first, but still... it made me nervous.

Workouts:

Thursday - Triple Wave Pyramid with DH
Friday - War Volume 10
Saturday - Walk/jog - 5.5 miles
Sunday - MBF Day 11 - Cardio Core + Yoga with Adriene Psoas
Monday - MBF Day 12 - Total Body

I hope the week is off to a good start for everyone!

Jules 02-08-21 07:16 PM

Hello! I was not expecting the Covid (Super) Bowl to be such a blow-out! It was still entertaining tho. I find it inspiring that Brady is still playing at such a high level.

I had a great cheat day yesterday but I am back on my diet today. Not gonna lie... I'm lovin' the carb-load! It gave me some extra energy for my workout today - BodyShred: Conquer + Yoga 30 for 30: Chi Flow. Tomorrow will be Bodyshred: Triumph. On Thursday I will be moving on to the level 4 BodyShred workouts for 2 weeks.

I have been thinking about what I will do after BodyShred and I am leaning towards 4 weeks of Cathe's Ripped with HiiT mixed with yoga and some longer cardio days. I may also start incorporating extra cardio sessions in the evenings to keep my fat loss going. I want these cardio sessions to be short. Perhaps Focus T25 and Ruthless?

Linda: It's so cool the way your body is responding to all the KB work. It sounds like you really enjoy the workouts as well - Bonus! :music:

Malinda: I see you did the Triple Wave again. :cool: I have a couple of those War workouts. They are good.

Mickey12 02-08-21 08:12 PM

Just a quick pop in to say Congrats to Linda on the pullups!! Wow! Even with the assist I think it's a great accomplishment. You rock!! :heart:

KateTT 02-09-21 01:25 PM

Chicks!! Happy Tuesday. I vowed not to let another day go by without checking in.

Linda!! Way to go on the pullups. I suck at pullups and use a pullup assist too. It really helps and does improve form and strength.
Shovel Max, in general, sucks. ;-)

Jules: I did not know that about the bonus' on the Party Rockin' Steps. So I did kind of do it. Still can't find my copy.
Super Bowl = blowout!

Malinda: Amy and Paul's workout is called Double Down. It's great! I'm looking forward to trying her two workouts on the 4x4 set.

Big waves and hugs to everyone!

This week, more Cathe, some Les Mills (new releases are out!) and 4x4.

Yesterday I did Cathe STS Total Body. I was actually going to do Live Vertical Loading 2 but my computer was being finky and it froze and wouldn't play. I need to burn all my Lives onto dvds. But STS Total was great! I am feeling it today, especially chest and glutes.
I've been working through more of Eoin's Blissology Project 2 practices. Although not as good as Bliss 1, it has been fun. Both Eoin and Insaya instruct the different practices.
Yesterday was Tues Lead with Light by Insaya. It was really quite good.

Today I had to hit Les Mills on Demand. They have a new Combat, Attack, Step and Pump along with several others. Combat 84 was a blast!!! Great tunes, Dan, Rach and two other instructors back on the stage but it didn't look like there was anyone in the audience. Feeling it! And boy was I drenched!

More Blissology 2 this afternoon. Have a great day! :sun:

KateTT 02-10-21 04:40 PM

Me again...really liking Katami's 4x4 set!! And to think the first time I did it more than 5 years ago, I hated it and traded. Really glad I got it back.

Today I did 4x4 I Am Athlete 2. Nothing killer hard and Paul still shows three different levels (Power of 1, 2 or 3). I stay mostly in the middle but definitely tried some of the more advanced moves. Totally doable. And one of the moves, overhead squat (holding a weight over your head and squat) I ended up dropping my weight totally to keep good form and followed the beginner.
So far this set is very good and I'm looking forward to trying more.

One thing to note...Paul doesn't do any kind of cooldown or stretch. Nice warmups but only thing at the end is four deep breaths. So I tacked on Cathe's Total Body Stretching #1 and that felt good.

Today's Yoga was Cameron Gilley from Gaia and Slow Burn Hatha Yoga. Ahhhhh.

Hump Daaaay! ;-)

Jules 02-10-21 08:15 PM

Kate: Thanks for the info on 4X4. I might just cave on this set the next time it is on sale. Keep the reviews coming! :p

Today I was tempted to try out the new BodyCombat, but my body wanted low impact so I did a SpinCore from Studio Sweat. It was a long one - 83 minutes!

Having a bit of a bummer day. A Christmas gift we just got on Friday for my son broke and I have to return it and reorder. It was custom made so it will take several weeks to get it replaced. One of my daughter's Christmas gifts broke as well, but luckily we got a replacement right away.

Also, our new governor announced today that he is letting Montana's mask mandate expire on Friday. Some cities and counties have their own mandates in place but ours does not. I might start doing the double mask thing - so trendy. :(

Jules 02-11-21 07:16 PM

Hey Gals! Today I did the level 4 push workout from BodyShred: Zenith. It was hard and I burned about 300 calories in 35 minutes which has remained consistent for me throughout this program. I had to modify several moves in Zenith and I did not care for some of the modifications offered. I will try to come up with my own for next time.

After Zenith I did Yoga 30 for 30: Fluidity. I have done this one twice now and kind of got lost both times. Not my fave 30 for 30.

Tomorrow I will do BodyShred: Apex. It is a pull workout - I hope it is a good one!

Stay warm!

Mickey12 02-11-21 09:29 PM

Jules are you getting tired of the BodyShred workouts yet? I'm not a rotation person so I know I could never last. I admire people who can stick to them.

What are your temperatures like in winter in Montana? Do they get like Kate's -17? Yikes, that's powerful cold. In Pennsylvania we might occasionally get below 0 but only a few degrees.

I really don't understand all the conflicting recommendations regarding covid. It seems like what the officials recommend changes every week and just isn't consistent. It's very frustrating and it's hard to know what to follow. :(

Tonight I did Tony Horton Power 90 Masters Series. I was rearranging some DVDs and found these which I forgot I had. I did UML which is upper, middle, lower body, all body weight exercises, no impact. Tony was his goofy self and the work was moderate. It was a good change of pace.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Jules 02-12-21 12:48 PM

TGIF! It is -14 here this morning. BRRRRR! Usually the temps are more moderate here since I live on the west side of the continental divide. The east side is much colder. School is still on today.

Kim - I have Tony's P90X but I am curious about his other programs. Sounds like the Masters Series is a good one?

Our statewide mask mandate got lifted for purely political reasons. Only 4% of people here have been fully vaccinated and there are a lot of at-risk people still waiting for their turn. Thank goodness our local school boards have decided to keep masking in place inside our schools, so that make me feel very relieved and happy today. :music:

For my workout today I did BodyShred: Apex. I liked it! My calorie count was not quite as high as yesterday, but I think that is b/c I was learning the moves. One of them is doing tricep pushups in wheel pose. LOL, I can barely get into wheel and cannot straighten my arms all the way so that's not gonna happen! Yesterday's workout had side crow in it which I just cannot get. :confused: After Apex I did Travis' Short & Sweet #1. I really like BodyShred but I am looking forward to moving on soon. Switching out her cardio workouts was a good decision for me.

Happy Friday to all! :D

KateTT 02-12-21 01:14 PM

Hi gals! COLD here! -17 when I got up this morning and still -7 right now. This weekend is supposed to be even colder. Had to jump my car as it wouldn't start at all. Geez. At least next week starts to warm up a little. It's just bitter. Like, the inside of your nose freezes! :o

Yesterday I did LMOD Body Attack 109. Great fun! Lisa, Bevan and a new guy. I love when Lisa and Bevan are together! Just all around good tunes and high energy even without an audience.
Trying out some new instructors on Gaia Yoga.

Today I did Katami 4x4 I Am Warrior 1. Yowza, these are getting harder! The cardio round includes weights and compound moves. Not killer but I did find myself using lighter weights on some moves. In fact it seemed like there were a lot more total body moves even when doing lower, upper or core. Challenging and I like that!! Now I keep thinking I should get more of Paul's workouts? (no, you have enough! but wait, he's so good). Internal struggle. ;-)

Jules: That new BC is pretty tolerable for impact but does have jump kicks.
My son has been double masking for months. I started too. Can't hurt. One saving grace for us both is that our states are fairly rural...at least where I live in MN is. So not tons of people.

Kim: Now you make me want to revisit more of Tony's workouts. I have several and I have a subscription to Beachbodyondemand. Tony is so funny and he really does make working out a lot more fun.

I think we all just need to keep masking, washing hands, keep distant etc. MN Governor is slowly starting to reopen things but slowly.
Teachers and all school staff really need to get vaccinated.

TGIF!!

Malinda 02-12-21 02:40 PM

Oh my goodness, -17 and -14 degrees? I cannot even imagine that. Our low is supposed to be 4 on Monday, which is just insane for Central Texas. My chickens' water was frozen this morning -- I'm having to change it out several times a day while our temps are below freezing. We live in a drafty old farmhouse (that was moved into town by previous owners) and we are all bundled up. We love our old wooden windows and can't bear to replace them with modern ones that would seal up the leaks. We so rarely get extreme cold, that it's usually not an issue. But right now our heater can't keep up!

Workouts:
Tues - MBF Day 12 Total Body
Wed - MBF Day 13 Ignite
Thurs - Breathless Body with DH

Today I was supposed to do yoga, but instead I went for a more active recovery because it's so dang cold. I did the Live 30 minute Combat from the BeachBody set. I kept the jump kicks low impact. That workout always makes me happy.

Jules - I remember hearing that some of the moves in the later BodyShred workouts were a bit crazy/challenging. I so admire your stick-to-it-iveness!

Kim - I just read an article yesterday about Tony Horton's latest venture. I have done P90X3 and I use the Cold Start from 22 Hard Corps as a warm-up for other workouts sometimes. I've never done one of the actual 22 Hard Corps workouts, but they look kind of fun.

Kate - I'm thinking that next time I see 4x4 on sale at Mary's, I'll have to bite the bullet.

Waves to Linda!

Y'all keep warm and have a great weekend!

Mickey12 02-14-21 05:37 PM

Malinda that is REALLY cold for Texas. Yikes! I have Tony's 22 min hard corps workouts. I like that some of them are filmed outdoors, although some are filmed at night. The workouts are fun and they go by quick, especially since they're so short to begin with. I think Tony is more reserved in these because he's workout out with military personnel.

Today I did Amy Bento's Cardio Pump Step. I've had it for YEARS and haven't done it since I first got it. The step portion is fun but it's only 16 minutes, then there is weight work, total body, for about 20 minutes. The music is good and I was able to get most of the step choreography fairly easily.

Hope everyone has a good week.