Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slim & Limber (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=205468)

Diana3271 09-03-14 08:53 AM

Slim & Limber

I am really enjoying Slim & Limber. Are there any other stretch DVD's similar to this one? I already have Tamilee Webb's. Beside getting a good stretch from Slim & Limber, I also find it to be quite relaxing. I'm looking for something in the 10-20 minute range. I don't have Cathe's Stretch Max and have seen quite a few posts about this one, recently. Specifically, the section that does not use equipment, how does it compare to Slim & Limber? TIA

violingal3 09-03-14 09:26 AM

I've done S&L for 15 years now! :eek: As a vidiot, I've searched forever trying to find something like it, but have not found anything that comes close to being so short/simple/effective! So I've just embraced it as my go to stretch routine and stopped trying to find another one. Even the newer filmed version from Sin6 doesn't do it for me like the original.

Vintage VFer 09-03-14 09:27 AM

I love Slim & Limber and have done it probably three times a week since it came out. (I would NOT recommend Debbie's stretch in the Slim Series Express set that came out a few years later.)

The only other stretch video I know of that is as relaxing, comprehensive and enjoyable is Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch (2003). It is 30 minutes.

Another option is Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (2000).

You can read reviews of both in the VF Reviews section. :sun:

Hattie 09-03-14 11:24 AM

I still like Candice Copeland Brooks' Dynamic Stretch. It has three 15 minute basic stretches, two done on the floor and one, standing. It had background exercisers doing modifications. Candice's instructions are very good. Unfortunately, as far as I know, this one was only available on vhs tape and probably is out of print. It would be nice if some of these older, OOP tapes could be available as downloads to purchase.

Diana3271 09-03-14 11:51 AM

ViolinGal For some reason, it took a while for me to warm up to S&L, but it is a favorite now.

Vintage I have the Tamilee Webb and enjoy that one, too. I think I have KV's, too. I need to confirm that. Is that the one with the shorter stretch on the same DVD? I didn't like the shorter stretch (maybe it was a power yoga segment?). I need to go back to look at the longer one.

Hattie The Candice Copeland Brooks' one sounds good. Yes, it would be nice if it were on DVD.

Jane P. 09-03-14 12:10 PM

Kathy Smith has a vintage one that I like, but can't remember the title. It's about 25 minutes long and very relaxing.

Vintage VFer 09-03-14 12:23 PM

Pure & Simple Stretch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 2443832)
Vintage I think I have KV's, too. I need to confirm that. Is that the one with the shorter stretch on the same DVD? I didn't like the shorter stretch (maybe it was a power yoga segment?). I need to go back to look at the longer one.

It has a 10-minute warm-up section (that I usually skip). And a 30-minute floor stretch.

Here are the VF reviews for P&SS:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=171

:sun:

dnna 09-03-14 01:54 PM

AM stretch with Madeline Lewis is very very good. you can skip the warmup and it is about 20 minutes. I also love the pm stretch .

marya 09-03-14 01:59 PM

On Kathy Smith's Shed the Pounds compilation DVD, there's a lovely 15-minute stretch that's comparable to Slim and Limber. (It's at the end of the Instant Workout segment. The entire DVD is chaptered, so it's easy to locate.) Perhaps this is the one Jane was thinking of.

Vintage, I'm curious--what didn't you like about Debbie's Cool It Off Express? I bought the DVD for pennies at a thrift store but haven't done it yet.

dbclark44 09-03-14 04:08 PM

Another Slim & Limber lover here. Years ago I got the whole set in a trade just to get my hands on Slim & Limber. It's one of my all time favorite stretches.

Quote:

I'm curious--what didn't you like about Debbie's Cool It Off Express? I bought the DVD for pennies at a thrift store but haven't done it yet.
I have this one also and don't like it near as much as Slim & Limber mainly because she does stretches on the knees and I have a hard time doing anything on my knees for any period of time and usually end up subbing some other type stretch. Other than those stretches I actually like CIO Express.