Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Question on shoes (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=233983)

Vantreesta 02-19-23 02:31 PM

Question on shoes

I am slowly replacing shoes that are too small. I have some Skechers that are nice and springy that I wear when I jump rope but they are too small so before I start the search for replacements I thought I would ask what shoes others like for jumping rope and plyos.

I like Altra for running and Saucony for walking. I do most workouts barefoot and have tried jumping rope barefoot but I trip and catch the rope btwn my toes. Not a nice feeling!

Thanks for all suggestions!

bubbles76 02-19-23 02:47 PM

I'm no help as I like Skechers for my workout shoes :). I've also worked out in Nikes and Reeboks. I haven't found a pair of Nike's that I've liked since my early 2000 icy whites though. They don't make them anymore, I don't think.

Vantreesta 02-19-23 03:38 PM

I would be totally fine with Skechers! I like the ones I have, they're just too small, and since I bought them several years ago I figured they may not make that one anymore. I hate when smthg you like isn't made anymore!

bubbles76 02-19-23 05:59 PM

If I can, I try to buy at least three pairs at a time of a shoe I really like. I wear a 8 1/2 wide. Finding shoes in half sizes and wides, not to mention with adequate cushioning for my hips and knees are a challenge, so when I find a great pair I buy multiples :)

Vantreesta 02-19-23 08:04 PM

I have done that in the past and might this time too. I've had some foot issues in the last few years so I have been trying out different sizes.

When I heard they were discontinuing the Skechers Shape Up Resistance Runners that I loved so much I bought every pair in the clearance section that was within a half size of what I wore! :o

wendug 02-19-23 09:34 PM

I recently bought a pair of Reebok Flexagon Energy training shoes on a recommendation from Michelle Briehler (YT Trainer). They are indeed comfy! I'm also a fan of New Balance 577 training shoes. When I looked up these shoes the New Balance site does not show them anymore. I guess they are discontinued. :mad: I get so tired of trying new workout shoes because the style I like is discontinued.

adawn 02-19-23 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2991464)
If I can, I try to buy at least three pairs at a time of a shoe I really like.

I do the same. I'm dreading when I next have to buy athletic shoes. I have awhile though before I "use up" all the ones I have.

red1013 02-20-23 02:17 PM

Hoka Clifton are my favorite workout shoes, very comfortable but expensive.

warriorprincess 02-20-23 02:59 PM

I've been wanting to try the Hoka's since I saw an article about how the Rockette's love that shoe. But my... that price.. gasp!

Vantreesta 02-20-23 03:05 PM

I appreciate the recommendations and will definitely keep them in mind if I start wearing shoes for regular workouts! It's nice to hear what others are wearing.

I should have made my title more specific to shoes for jumping and it won't let me edit the title now. I only wear my jump rope shoes for that and plyos. I don't like them as much for other things and I don't like my other shoes for jumping so I'm focused on jumping shoes. (Haha, that sounds like I want the shoes to jump! :p ) I should also add that I want a foot shaped toe box (like Altra) if possible.

Thanks so much!