Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Huge rave for Leandro (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=189534)

northernlight 02-04-13 05:49 PM

Huge rave for Leandro

I've just finished a month of Leandro's BBL and couldn't be happier with his workouts and their results.

I find Leandro to be sweet and encouraging and enthusiastic. He is also extremely professional and always on point about form. The separate workouts themselves are intelligent and efficient -- especially Bum Bum, High and Tight and Sculpt.

I got stronger doing BBL. To the point that I was able to start Pauline Nordin's BB workout series at level 2.

The only drawbacks were the shoddy resistance band -- BeachBody, you should be ashamed of yourselves! -- and the hawking of other BeachBody products.

Has anyone done the advanced series of BBL? If so, please tell me what you thought of it.

PrairieGem 02-04-13 07:55 PM

I think these workouts get a bad rap, especially cardio-wise. But "Bum Bum" is one of the TOUGHEST workouts in my collection! I haven't done the strength ones regularly, because I was halfway through my "pear" rotation when I discovered barre and dumped all other strength w/os. But I give Leandro all the credit for introducing me to those moves! :D

gigi 02-04-13 09:51 PM

It's been a while but I love BBL!!!!

JulieIL 02-04-13 10:00 PM

Oops- duplicate post

kmissa 02-04-13 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieGem (Post 2179118)
I think these workouts get a bad rap, especially cardio-wise. But "Bum Bum" is one of the TOUGHEST workouts in my collection! I haven't done the strength ones regularly, because I was halfway through my "pear" rotation when I discovered barre and dumped all other strength w/os. But I give Leandro all the credit for introducing me to those moves! :D

Glad someone else thinks they're tough-I thought it was all bc I'm out of shape lol

JulieIL 02-04-13 10:01 PM

Another Leandro fan here! I agree that the band in the set isn't good- I used my Cathe fire walker band.

I haven't tried the advanced set, but from what I remember it got lukewarm reviews. The reviews that I read noted that it wasn't any harder or more effective than the original.

Another DVD that reminds me of High & Tight (but harder) is Tonique's Energy Mat. I love how it gets me so sore in just the glute & upper hamstring (thutt) area- like BBL the quads aren't overworked. There was a thread about this not too long ago. If you do get it, get it from Mary for $18. It really is a bargain for a fantastic workout.

Julie :)

kmissa 02-04-13 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrairieGem (Post 2179118)

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernlight (Post 2179062)
I've just finished a month of Leandro's BBL and couldn't be happier with his workouts and their results.

I find Leandro to be sweet and encouraging and enthusiastic. He is also extremely professional and always on point about form. The separate workouts themselves are intelligent and efficient -- especially Bum Bum, High and Tight and Sculpt.

I got stronger doing BBL. To the point that I was able to start Pauline Nordin's BB workout series at level 2.

The only drawbacks were the shoddy resistance band -- BeachBody, you should be ashamed of yourselves! -- and the hawking of other BeachBody products.

Has anyone done the advanced series of BBL? If so, please tell me what you thought of it.

I agree leandro is awesome! If you're in Nyc you should drop in on one of his live classes

wellnesswife 02-05-13 02:13 AM

I'm a Leandro fan too!!!

kariev34 02-05-13 05:41 AM

Have any of you guys tried his new master series? What do you think?

zumzum 02-05-13 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieIL (Post 2179190)
Another DVD that reminds me of High & Tight (but harder) is Tonique's Energy Mat. I love how it gets me so sore in just the glute & upper hamstring (thutt) area- like BBL the quads aren't overworked. There was a thread about this not too long ago. If you do get it, get it from Mary for $18. It really is a bargain for a fantastic workout.

Julie :)

Yessssssss! High and Tight is one of my favorite dvds ever, and I've been eying up Energy Mat as a similar alternative. I haven't tried the BBL masters series based on the lukewarm reviews and the requirement for a stability ball.

Northernlight--you may want to check out Tonique as an alternative. I have Premiere, Mat, and Tonique 2--I love Premiere, like Mat, and am not keen on Tonique 2. Slywia isn't as silly/fun as Leandro, but she's just as authentic and uses a similar squats/lunge/floorwork combination (but harder!). Energy Mat and Born to Move look awesome in the clips, but I haven't tried them yet--Born to Move in particular is getting rave reviews on the forum.