Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New pilates dvd with Jennifer Gianni (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=73958)

Denise R 08-29-05 07:39 PM

New pilates dvd with Jennifer Gianni

Check out Jennifer's new pilates dvd called Triple Threat! It's a "non pregnancy" one too. It's a blend of pilates, low impact cardio & balance work. I've watched the clips of her fusion pregnancy workout at Collage and it looked great. Jennifer was an instructor at the Firm and was in one of their videos, in case anyone didn't know.

www.fusionpilates.com

I have it on order at Amazon, it sounds pretty neat! (says coming 9/1)

Gosh, I had better stop posting about these things because we are all going to go broke!! :love:

Denise

cardiomama 08-29-05 08:19 PM

Jennifer was a lead in the Firm's "Better body & buns" as Jennifer Peluso. She was the breathy blonde who was annoying( made weird faces and cues in a breathy voice). However, she has improved. I own her Pregnancy fusion pilates and she is not annoying in that.

Denise R 09-07-05 08:31 AM

I'm hoping my Amazon order ships today/tomorrow

Jennifer has a picture of the set of this workout on her website. I can't wait to give it a try!! Sounds fun!

Denise

Denise R 09-10-05 02:38 PM

Got it today!

I just previewed it and WOW, it reminds me of a perfect FitPrime workout. Jennifer was a lead in an older Firm workout and I believe helped with choreography on it as well and it shows in this workout.

The music is great!! The dvd had a 12 minute instructional section where she instructs someone in the proper form. The main workout was 55 minutes and she is by herself. The setting was very pretty. She was dressed in pink, the outfit she is in on the cover of her dvd. (if you go to her website you'll see a brief picture of the setting)

She begins with light aerobic moves and I'd swear I was looking at a FitPrime or Firm workout!! AWESOME! She is barefoot and the moves are all low impact. After the warmup she uses the inflatable overball (or you could use the ball that is used in the Yoga Booty Ballet series) with the aerobic moves. The first thing I noticed is that all her moves go right with the beat of the music which I like. She also includes some balance moves.

After the aerobic portion she takes you to the mat for more traditional pilates moves. I did see a few "extras" here, such as frog sit up moves.

I like her voice in this. She sounds so friendly and sincere. I can't wait to actually do this one!! Maybe have to put it in on Monday or tomorrow night!!!

Sorry to go on and on but I haven't seen any pilates/aerobic fusions that looked like so much fun and truly you'll see Firm/FitPrime highlights in some of her moves ;)

I bought mine from Amazon and it's finally in stock and shipping.

Happy shopping everyone! If anyone orders it, I'd love to hear what you think of it. I hope she puts out more of this type of workout!! :love:

Denise

SharonH 09-22-05 10:33 AM

Has anyone else had a chance to actually do this workout? I thinking of getting it with my Amazon certificate.

twinkletoes 09-29-05 04:30 PM

Reviews?

Did anyone else do this yet? Is it worth $22?

Francesca 09-30-05 05:09 AM

I like it. I rceived it a couple of weeks ago at leaxt and don't have a clear memory of it but I liked it...and I hate cardio but am trying to incorporate it into my life thru non-trad workouts which are combined with toning, and this fits. I like it because it's barefoot - I hate shoes. She's sweet and cues well. But off the cuff, that's all I can tell you.

belle411 10-01-05 10:17 AM

Has anyone tried the fusion pregnancy w/os? I'm tempted by the one you do right after the baby is born b/c there's almost nothing out on the market for that time period! I'm actually tempted by all 4 DVDs, but $60.00 seems a lot to pay out right now.

TIA :heart:

benemma 10-01-05 10:22 AM

Looks very interesting. Wish Collage had clips of the Triple Fusion one.

belle411 10-01-05 12:51 PM

Just bought the pregnancy pilates w/o.

Hey vfers, just bought the fusion pilates for pregnancy off half.com, so when I get it, I'll do it and report back. Actually, looking at the site, the 2 post pregnancy ones look good too!

Thanks for the heads up (as usual). :sun: