Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FIRM Instructor Name Question (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=218639)

Scorpio6 01-29-17 11:32 AM

FIRM Instructor Name Question

Is Stephanie Corley the same person as Stephanie Huckabee? Like where maybe Corley was her maiden name and Huckabee her married name? Or are these 2 different people?

Sissy B 01-29-17 11:33 AM

It is the same person. Corley is her maiden name and Huckabee is her married name.

bzar 01-29-17 12:22 PM

the firm instructors might be the one group in the universe of workout videos where there's this history of when they were single-married-divorced. it's significant because when you look at ALL of the instructors, these seem to have such staying power that we've been following them for such a long time throughout their instructing career.

Libby Cowart, now Heath
Allie Strickland, then Pointer, now Del Rio
Jayne Poteet, now Dominguez
Jennifer Peluso, now Gianni
Pam Cauthen, now Meriwether
Christa Suggs, now Riley
Alison Davis, now McLain
Annie Lee, now Coffey

non-firm:
Michelle Nevidomsky, now Dozois
Suzanne Cook, now Bowen
Leslie Tommelleo, now Sansone

Scorpio6 01-29-17 01:00 PM

Sissy B and bzar -- thank you so much for your responses! That info from bzar is just amazing.

firmaniac 01-29-17 05:01 PM

I agree re: the iconic, enduring names. Those that keep their married names despite divorce (Stephanie, Libby etc) or those who reclaim their original names after divorce (such as Janet, Carol, Heidi) or use their married names apart from their work (Tracie Mathewes etc) - well, it makes me think how uncomplicated it is for the men. They are always their given names or change them by design! The ladies have to adapt, hyphenate or put things in (parenthesis) [smiley]

Joni O 01-29-17 08:35 PM

Or just keep their maiden name like I did. ;)

ebianco 01-29-17 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2690881)
Or just keep their maiden name like I did. ;)

Me too!! :music:

Jennifer R 01-29-17 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebianco (Post 2690884)
Me too!! :music:

Me three!

nora 01-29-17 09:59 PM

In Quebec, everybody keeps their birth name automatically. If you want to legally change it, it's a process...and will cost you $$$.

Of course, you can use your spouse's name socially if you so desire. I don't!

AsSweetAsSugar 01-29-17 10:25 PM

In Panama (my home country), when a woman get married she can still use her maiden name (if she wants) and at the end add "de ___" ("of ___") the last name of the spouse (like for example "Allie Strickland 'de' Del Río"), sounds like a property. I remember a teacher from high school was married and kept using her maiden name, she said if she get divorced no one will noticed because her name will be still the same :) it is uncommon people would not use the married name over there though. I like the idea of keeping mine.

Bzar great info, thanks for sharing! I saw an old video of Michelle Dozois on youtube with her maiden name, and I was wondering if they were the same person!