Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What workout instantly makes you feel better? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=190125)

marmact 02-21-13 11:02 AM

What workout instantly makes you feel better?

If you're feeling down and depressed, what workout or workout genre makes you feel better? Do you find that you respond more to high-intensity stuff (for the endorphins) or something more gentle (for the... well, self-love, I guess might be a good description)?

Just curious. This winter weather (plus recovering from an injury) is killing me. Lately I think about just lying on the floor in my workout area and staring at the ceiling. Obviously I don't DO it, but I certainly think about it!

Yelly 02-21-13 11:08 AM

Yoga and dance cardio :sun:

glavtx 02-21-13 11:22 AM

They both work for me.
If I can get myself to start a high intensity workout when I'm feeling down, and it's not something dancey that I have to think about and usually screw up, that works. Something like Cardio Coach works wonders - high intensity, and I don't have to learn anything - just do :)

More often, though, I put in a Qi Gong or kundalini yoga dvd and my mood gets sooooo much better so fast, and without any possibility of added stress.

NRGWoman 02-21-13 11:29 AM

Shaun T's Rockin' Body because it is so silly

dutchgirl 02-21-13 11:31 AM

If I'm feeling blue I respond best to the instructor, not the type of workout. Petra Kolber, Christi Taylor, and Patrick Goudeau are my blues buster instructors. To me they exude fun, caring and genuineness that picks me right up.

enduranceron 02-21-13 11:31 AM

Opposite ends of the spectrum but any of the Month One workouts of Insanity or Yoga (Rodney Yee, Bob Harper or even Tony Horton's)...

andtckrtoo 02-21-13 11:37 AM

IMax 2 and Zumba - both always put a smile on my face.

If I need something to help me center myself - yoga is it.

bethellen 02-21-13 11:43 AM

Leslie

Leslie

Going through grief of losing my fiance's brother and then my fiance; 9 times out of 10 Leslie brought me out of my depressed and sad moods.

I'm really glad you started this thread. I usually can't pinpoint when my depressed moods will hit and today is one of those days! I've been really sad all morning and looking at pictures online of my fiance. I think I'll work out with Leslie when I get home from work today.

sherry7899 02-21-13 11:53 AM

Bethellen, I am so very sorry you have been through so much- sending you hugs!! :love::love::love:

Please take care-
Sherry

sbh 02-21-13 12:34 PM

Jessica Smith's youtube workouts, Leslie, and Billy Blanks Jr. :love:

The best workout is a long walk with my dog Sadie. She always cheers me up.

Bethellen, hugs to you!!! I'm so sorry for your loss.