Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Watulan Fierce Deities of 2021! All are welcome!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230107)

Mickey12 01-03-21 07:17 PM

Kittybug I’m sorry you’re having that doom feeling again. I hope it has passed. Did the walk outside help? Getting outside sometimes helps me.

Oh, and I agree, it would be a total BLAST to take a class led by Garrie!

Bee I was laughing at your yin and chicken workout. OMG, I could just picture it. It’s like the time I was doing yoga on my deck and the neighbor and his kids were setting off fireworks. I was all zen and quiet and all of a sudden, LOUD cracks, boom, bang! :eek: It was quiet again for a few minutes then they did it again. Not the atmosphere I was hoping for. :p

Nathalie I’m sending good vibes and prayers to you and your father. The waiting for news is so very difficult. :heart:

ChelePA I will join you guys in IMAX Extreme too. If I make it through the Viper I can try that one, especially if so many of you Fierce Watulans are doing it too.

Today I did Homestetch, an hour long stretch by Charlene Prickett. Later in the day I did some strenuous chores so I counted that as my workout.

manleym 01-03-21 07:54 PM

Kittybug and Horusosiris thanks for the vote to get High Step Training. After reading your recommendation and rushing back over to Amazon, I now see that it's Hardcore Extreme for under $10. Might pass on that since I LOVE Terminator. Not sure Hardcore Extreme will be as good, but I don't know.

Kittybug Yes, it is C.S. Lewis. I love his works too! I'm sorry you had a bad day. Nothing like a good, hard workout to help alleviate stress. YAY YOU for doing ALL of Cardio Fusion with NO breaks, AS IS!!! :music: I bet the walk with your husband was nice - just to get out a little bit. Hugs to you, my friend. :heart:

Horusosiris, hubby said Silmarillion is about the mythology behind middle earth, so it may be worth reading. He just couldn't get into it at the time. But as he said, that was about 20 years ago. And you said it perfectly, "for if one is faithful or faithless, there is something in his books that most can admire, find thought provoking, comforting or just enjoy it for a masterpiece of a literary work." Perfect! :D

Did Bee post a question about our favorite color/color of the year and I missed it? My favorite color is yellow, so if we're picking a color for the year, mine is yellow.

Imax Extreme will be our Fun Friday workout! Hope all can join! :D

Garrie A. 01-03-21 08:23 PM

I ended up taking a rest day today. My body told me it needed one.

Manleym: Yes, you need HST! It's my favorite of Cathe's circuit workouts. In fact, if I had to pick just one Cathe workout this would be it, since you get both cardio and strength in one workout. Another reason I love it is because of all the leg presses (which I LOVE), but I'm also a big Firmie so I'm a $ucker for anything with leg presses.

Kim and Kittybug: I teach a wide variety of classes. My favorite is step (of course), but I also love teaching strength and circuit classes. Barre, too.

Kittybug: You ROCKED Cardio Fusion!

Nathalie: Thinking of your father. (((HUGS)))

Horusosiris: I used to play saxophone in 6th grade band and dabbled in guitar when I was around 10. And I also sang in the choir but no solos. Really I'm more of a dancer/actor than a singer/musician. A while back I had PTSD from a vocal performance I did back in a middle school talent show, so I'm a bit self-conscious when it comes to singing. For my third STS round (don't know when) I thought about doing a modified version of 2lazy4gym's Glute Focused Rotation.

Bee: Definitely try CrossFire! It has a lot of variety. I will admit that I had to psych myself up for the Plyo Tabata at the end because I was about pooped by then.

Cataddict: Please take care of that knee!

ChelePA: I've seen Kat's workouts; they look fun. But right now I don't do streaming and with YouTube sometimes popping up annoying ads every 5-10 minutes I'm a little bit concerned.

Waves all!

fanofladyvols 01-03-21 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2905689)
You guys crack me up! Watulan indeed!! I love this group and laugh at our name all the time. It’s so silly and so beloved (at least to me). Yes, Watula was the name of one of Cataddict’s cats and her current avatar. Sadly Watula is no longer with us, but her name lives on with us. Remember when we had our imaginary band, The Fierce Watulans?! I still chuckle when I think of that. :D:love: isn’t that when Linda started using her cowbell?!? :p:love:

Yes!! Its the only musical "talent " I could lend to the band ...

Which reminds me...

Garrie...got any musical flair to add to the budding rockstar band Fierce Watulans?

(Clearly, the threshold is low if they let me onstage with my cowbells...:p)

Mickey12 01-04-21 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2905893)
Yes!! Its the only musical "talent " I could lend to the band ...

Which reminds me...

Garrie...got any musical flair to add to the budding rockstar band Fierce Watulans?

(Clearly, the threshold is low if they let me onstage with my cowbells...:p)

Linda you must have missed Garrie's post just before yours. He has saxophone and guitar experience!

ChelePA 01-04-21 02:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all!
Yesterday we got about 4 inches of snow. So shoveling was part of my workout. Plus I did Fit Split Pull Day. I’m also part of a January challenge with my favorite instructor from the Y. It’s about 10 minutes daily of a variety of burpees and core work, etc.

Today I did Fit Split Mixed Impact plus Boxing. Both on my rebounder with a few modifications for some of the moves. I wore my weighted gloves to increase the intensity. I’m also getting some balance work for a few of the exercises . Something I struggle with so it’s a nice bonus.

Winston loves the snow!!!

Hope you all have a great start to the week!

bee 01-04-21 02:13 PM

Happy Monday Watulans! I hope people are feeling generally happy and hopeful. As much as we can these days..... :o

Kim, fireworks during yoga sounds awful!

Thanks to all for encouragement on Crossfire. I think I've never done the whole thing but have done parts of it quite a bit because in general I used to tend to reach for ones that had no step for cardio. But when I previewed it the other day -- ug, it looks taxing, but I will definitely do it one of these Sundays!!

Looking forward to Imax Extreme for Friday!

Oh and yes, it would be a hoot if we could all take a class with Garrie!!! Linda, bring your cowbell!

For Mellow Monday I did some youtube walking as a warm up and then did an Emily Clare Hill yoga, but it was not mellow! It was a balance one so think side crow and other crazy things I don't even know the name of that require taking your leg behind your head. I did what I could, which sometimes was sitting and staring at the TV. :)

Waves all around!!

cataddict 01-04-21 02:15 PM

Hi Watulans and Happy Monday!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #315 Boxing Bootcamp 2 (I think that's what it's called). I enjoyed it--not too tough, and pretty easy on my knee. My knee is still a little tender, so I'm going to take care of it by not doing step at least for a few days. I'm playing it by ear as I'd really like to join Fun Friday Imax Extreme! It doesn't hurt the way it did initially, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Today I'm looking at doing another kickboxing type Cathe Live, maybe #287. I am seeing now that I need to be keeping better track of the Lives that I'm doing. I have very much been the squirrel in my approach.

I see we've gotten some interest since we've moved here and changed our check in name. I still miss our namesake. The other guys are only now starting to sit in her spot on the sofa. She really was part of our community of humans/felines. I know it was her time, and 19 years is a long time to be around for a cat, but still I wish she was here---strong, healthy, and pain free.

Nathalie, also sending prayers for you and your father. The waiting is tough. I'm sure there are extra cautionary measures being taken for him in light of COVID.

Linda, yes, you missed Garrie's post about his musical ability, mainly that he has some. :p Now that we know that FN1 was a dancer, perhaps she will dance in time with our attempts at music. Cowbell Cha Cha, anyone??

bee, YAY on completing To The Max! I agree that if you can do that one, you can do CrossFire. Funny but I have no sense of dread with either of these workouts. They offer a whole lot of options and mix and match segments with great premixes. They are highly underrated, IMHO.

FN1, I doubt that I will be able to match you for fierceness in our "recovery" week, but then again, that's why YOU are #1 FN! I like Cardio Fusion, as I enjoy melange workouts.

Garrie, funny but I know Chele has mentioned the ad interruptions in Kat's step, but so far (fingers crossed) that hasn't happened to me in any of her workouts. So maybe you might want to give her a try.

Kim, OF COURSE you will join us in IMAX Extreme! I find it "easier" than the "regular" IMAXes just because you switch between steady state step and the blast type step so it seems like the breaks are longer.

Waves to manley,Kate, horusosiris!

Pat58 and Paine, please feel free to join us!

ChelePA 01-04-21 02:50 PM

For Kat’s step videos, if you choose newer ones, there are usually no ad interruptions. It’s the ones that are frequently watched and liked. Many of those were in the beginning of quarantine so ads started popping up as more people did the workout.

kittybug 01-04-21 07:03 PM

Happy Monday, Watulans!!

Today in the spirit of a recovery week and because I didn't get squat for sleep last night and because of my mood, I pulled out one of my faves from the Ultimate Yogi set, the Detox practice. :) :yummy:

ChelePA, I LOVE Winston in the snow! He looks like he's meant for snow, hah!

FN2, there is no fiercely nuts hierarchy here, you are as fierce as they come and I think you're WAY more fierce than I am with all your doubles workouts and the like. 'Nuff said!!! ;) I'm so sorry about missing sweet Watula. I know all about wishing my former furbabies were still with me!

Bee, thanks for the sweet wishes! And you can TOTALLY do Crossfire because you were like To The Max ain't no big thang!!! Meanwhile, I'm still reluctant, hah! It's been since I was doing the Xtrain series last year that I mixed those in. My excuse right now is they use weights and I don't want to use ANY weights this week, I've decided, so they'll have to wait until after STS. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Wait, FOLV, I thought you had mentioned a kazoo recently....? :music:

Nathalie, please keep us posted on your dad. Crossing all fingers, toes, and paws in this house that all will be well!

Ohhhh, Manleym, Hardcore Extreme is one not in my collection. It uses an intimidating amount of equipment, as I recall, which kind of turned me off from it, but looking at it again, I'm thinking maybe...one day....:p Did you get it?

Hah hah hah, Horusosiris, I think The High Heels workout would quickly end up being The Broken Ankle workout in my house!!

Kim, yes, the walk outside did help yesterday, as did the sweat fest Cardio Fusion. My poor husband had been trying to cheer me up and distract me all day yesterday, so I was really glad he joined me for the walk as it helped. Today is all rainy and gloomy, wah!! :(

Garrie, good for you on the rest day! I actually listened to my body too and did yoga instead of anything else. Yay us! I love leg presses too.

Hey, did we lose KateTT? I hope not!!! :o

Stay fierce, Watulans!! :love:

Mickey12 01-04-21 08:23 PM

ChelePA thanks for the picture of Winston. OMG, he's so darn cute! I'm glad you're getting to do some workouts with your favorite Y instructor. It's not the same as before, but maybe it helps feel like things are starting to move back to normal?

Hey guys, I think I might do Imax Extreme earlier than Friday this week. I am usually tired by the time Friday comes along and I don't know if I will have the energy to do a long workout. So I might jump the gun and do it Wednesday or Thursday.

Cataddict I miss Watula too. I know it's silly because I didn't even know Watula, but she looks a lot like my Winnie who died in January, 2020. So when I see her picture it reminds me of Winnie. :(

Kittybug I hope you're feeling better. :sun:

Kate posted a new 2021 checkin for Fitchicks so she's around. I'm sure she'll pop in here too.

Tonight I did a new workout, Patrick Goudeau Step Appeal. It just came in the mail today from Mary. She's so nice, she keeps sending me workout DVDs. :p Anyway, I liked it, but it sure was tricky. I stuck to the base moves for a lot of it and made up some of my own stuff when it got too crazy. Since it's on the dancier side, I found the workload to be moderate. I liked the music too. My only wish would be if he had one of his background exercisers stay at the easier version like Christie Taylor used to do. That way there is someone to follow if you need it.

Have a great night everyone.

kittybug 01-04-21 09:25 PM

Hey, Kim, I realized today that if I'm sticking to my alternating cardio and yoga plan for this recovery week, I too need to do Imax Extreme on Thursday and not Friday, since I did cardio on Sunday and am doing it tomorrow. I'll totally join YOU in that case, if I stick to my plan, and we can Fun Friday early on Throwback Thursday, hah hah hah!!! :sun::heart:

cataddict 01-04-21 11:33 PM

Hi again Watulan friends!

Today I did Cathe Live #287 which was kickboxing, low impact HiiT and abs. I skipped the abs and instead followed it with the Halloween Hocus Pocus Live that I hadn't done before. Weird but #287 has the class in it and I got a bit distracted by some of the less than stellar form of class members when the camera panned the room. I didn't really notice it before Cathe started doing them by herself. I'm sure I'll get used to the class again, and I do kind of miss seeing familiar faces in the crowd. I liked the Halloween Cathe, and I kept thinking "how in the world can they work out in those costumes?" I'm sure that's why it was a shorter offering.

I might do IMAX Extreme on Thursday since I don't have a specific plan for recovery week. I'm going to do something other than kickboxing tomorrow as #315 and #287 had a number of similar moves and I want to do something different.

Kim, I didn't get all of Step Appeal on the first try (or even the second or third) but I got a lot more the second time. I've noticed that sometimes Patrick uses a modifier but not always in his step routines. Still, I :heart: him! Thanks for the kind words about Watula. I don't usually keep an avatar the same for this long, but I just love looking at her cute face and remembering how sweet and feisty and fierce she was. :heart:

Chele, Winston is a cutie! Our German Shepherd loved the snow and used to toss it around with her nose! The only time she didn't like it was when the snow got to be too deep and she couldn't walk through it too well. Four inches deep would have been perfect for her.

FN1, Hardcore Extreme isn't as good as the Terminator DVD (IMHO) but don't let that dissuade you. After all, STS uses a ton of equipment and you are doing that system!

Waves to all!

KateTT 01-05-21 01:01 PM

Here you are!! Egad, I'm already behind 5 days into the new year. But I found the new thread link and will join back in. Whew.

Just gotta say, welcome Garrie WATULAN GOD! That is awesome! I have seen your posts off and on and I know you'll love this room. WELL DONE on STS. I just finished a rotation this last Fall. Best strength building set ever IMO.

Big waves to everyone else. Some of your Cathe workouts I have been avoiding like Gauntlet, Viper etc. Don't know why I'm so chicken?

Not sure where I left off. So I'll just start with this week. I didn't do anything besides Yoga and meditation over the holiday weekend anyway.

Monday I started Beachbody's Muscle Burns Fat with Megan Davies. I have never done any of her workouts before, never even heard of her, but KathyG raved about it (she hooked me on 80 Day Obsession) so I decided to try. I LIKE!

I'm doing my own rotation. Also these are all 30 min workouts so I'm putting two together. Yesterday I did Day 3 Upper + Day 1 Lower Body Burn in that order. Very unique sets and the pace was slow enough I could lift heavier. Megan often works one side at a time which I loved. Again, could go heavier. The "class" is like a big Zoom meeting and it's fun to see different people and body types doing these workouts.
Upper covered everything pretty well except triceps were a bit neglected.
Lower was also very good, lots of good sets. Each set in both workouts were followed by a brief jumproping segment. You're supposed to use a Beachbody rope but I didn't use anything. Just enough to bump up the HR a little.

Today back to Cathe. I had one Xtrain workout left so did Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT Extreme Mix 16. That mix adds on the floor cardio again to bring it closer to an hour. 52 min I think. It's hard not to jump! :D

So this month will mix MBF and Cathe. I have Strong & Sweaty coming up plus some of the "unnamed" series like Great Glutes, Lean Legs & Abs. And more that I have avoided. So stay tuned.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kittybug 01-05-21 01:16 PM

FN2, now you have me eyeing the Hardcore Extreme DVD, dang it!! :p Good point on the equipment, hah...yep, STS uses LOTS of it, so what's the diff!!

Yay, KateTT, you're here!!! I was hoping to see you here. Honestly, you shouldn't be chicken of any of the Terminator workouts as fierce as you are!! They'd be like a walk in the park to you! The MBF stuff sounds interesting. That's BBOD, right?

Not sure what's on the workout menu for me today, some kinda cardio though. I'll check back in laters. Waves to all!!! :love:

horusosiris 01-05-21 04:06 PM

Hello All,

For everyone eyeing Hardcore Extreme. I enjoy the Terminator so much more! I also prefer the individual DVDs that comprise Hardcore Extreme- KickMax, Lo Max, Imax3, and High Step Challenge more than I do the compilation. With the individual DVDs you can make your own Hard Core Extreme DVD since Cathe tells you specially what comes from each DVD and the order that they come in. It will not take too long to do this. It is all on the up and up since they are your own DVDs and you can play whatever chapters you please.

Interval Circuit - 71 min.

Warm Up Imax 3
Imax Interval 1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval 2
High Step Cycle #1
Leg Press with Band
Tricep Push Ups on Step
Leg Press with Overhead Press
Dips
Side Push Ups
Imax Interval #4
Imax Interval #5
High Step Cycle #2
Squats with Barbell
Deadlift with Barbell
Barbell Rows
1st Set Barbell Rows
2nd Set Back Rows with Band
Push Ups
Imax Interval #9
Imax Interval #10
High Step Cycle #3
Leg Press with Band
Hammer Punch Lunges
Barbell Curls
Barbell Curls
One Arm Overhead Press with Band
Plus add on Upright Row/Overhead Press with Dumbbells (only this Exercise, not the Whole Cycle)
High Step Stretch

High/Low Intervals - 73 Min.

LoMax Warm Up
LoMax Step Combo #1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #2 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #3 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #6 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #7 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #4 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #10 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max Stretch

Interval Blast Plus Legs - 69 Min.

Imax 3 Warm Up
Imax Interval #5 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 1st 5 Blasts)
Imax Interval #8 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #9 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 2nd 5 Blasts)
Kick Max Leg Conditioning Drills
Kick Max Stretch

manleym 01-05-21 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horusosiris (Post 2906255)
Hello All,

For everyone eyeing Hardcore Extreme. I enjoy the Terminator so much more! I also prefer the individual DVDs that comprise Hardcore Extreme- KickMax, Lo Max, Imax3, and High Step Challenge more than I do the compilation. With the individual DVDs you can make your own Hard Core Extreme DVD since Cathe tells you specially what comes from each DVD and the order that they come in. It will not take too long to do this. It is all on the up and up since they are your own DVDs and you can play whatever chapters you please.

Interval Circuit - 71 min.

Warm Up Imax 3
Imax Interval 1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval 2
High Step Cycle #1
Leg Press with Band
Tricep Push Ups on Step
Leg Press with Overhead Press
Dips
Side Push Ups
Imax Interval #4
Imax Interval #5
High Step Cycle #2
Squats with Barbell
Deadlift with Barbell
Barbell Rows
1st Set Barbell Rows
2nd Set Back Rows with Band
Push Ups
Imax Interval #9
Imax Interval #10
High Step Cycle #3
Leg Press with Band
Hammer Punch Lunges
Barbell Curls
Barbell Curls
One Arm Overhead Press with Band
Plus add on Upright Row/Overhead Press with Dumbbells (only this Exercise, not the Whole Cycle)
High Step Stretch

High/Low Intervals - 73 Min.

LoMax Warm Up
LoMax Step Combo #1 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #2 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #3 (includes Blast)
LoMax Step Combo #4 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge
Kick Max Stretch

Interval Blast Plus Legs - 69 Min.

Imax 3 Warm Up
Imax Interval #5 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 1st 5 Blasts)
Imax Interval #8 (includes Blast)
Imax Interval #9 (includes Blast)
Kick Max Blast Challenge (only 2nd 5 Blasts)
Kick Max Leg Conditioning Drills
Kick Max Stretch

This is AWESOME! Thanks so much Horusosiris!! You've convinced me to pass on HCE and just make my own compilation. I had the feeling Terminator is better/more fun just because the Intensity Series is better/more fun than the Hardcore Series, at least for me.

Yesterday, I did Cathe Live METABOLIC LOWER BODY #317 and LOVED it! :love: I'm feeling it today too so that's a bonus! This workout just WORKED for me! I loved the moves. I loved the music. Typically I don't notice the music in the Lives - most of the time it's good, but I REALLY liked the music in this one! Cataddict, you need to try it! Have you tried it, Horusosiris?

Garrie and KB thanks for enabling me to get High Step Training. I've been crazy busy at work the past few days since I was off for two weeks, so I haven't taken the time to buy it yet, but it is on my list! :D

Sorry so brief - gotta run. I feel like that's all I've been doing the past few days. Just one of those weeks, getting back into the routine and craziness of life and work after having time off.

Hugs and waves to all! Glad to see you KateTT! :sun:

ChelePA 01-05-21 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manleym (Post 2906269)
This is AWESOME! Thanks so much Horusosiris!! You've convinced me to pass on HCE and just make my own compilation. I had the feeling Terminator is better/more fun just because the Intensity Series is better/more fun than the Hardcore Series, at least for me.

Yesterday, I did Cathe Live METABOLIC LOWER BODY #317 and LOVED it! :love: I'm feeling it today too so that's a bonus! This workout just WORKED for me! I loved the moves. I loved the music. Typically I don't notice the music in the Lives - most of the time it's good, but I REALLY liked the music in this one! Cataddict, you need to try it! Have you tried it, Horusosiris?

Garrie and KB thanks for enabling me to get High Step Training. I've been crazy busy at work the past few days since I was off for two weeks, so I haven't taken the time to buy it yet, but it is on my list! :D

Sorry so brief - gotta run. I feel like that's all I've been doing the past few days. Just one of those weeks, getting back into the routine and craziness of life and work after having time off.

Hugs and waves to all! Glad to see you KateTT! :sun:

You will love HST!!! It’s a good one! I also agree that The Terminator is better than HCE. My favorite would be the High/Low Intervals. It’s a tough cardio workout! And fun! The other two are ok. Lots of equipment and not enough time.

Today I did a Kat step workout. About 45 minutes. Always makes me smile. Love the combos and music! And no ads :) I also did my January challenge of planks, burpees and core. Then I added on a 15 minute hip mobility workout with Caroline Jordan.

Nathalie. Thinking of you and hoping your dad is ok.

Love all the pet stories. :heart: Very touching! I never realized how quickly Winston would become part of our family and our hearts.

Have a good night! Headed to bed early to catch up on sleep. :asleep:

KateTT 01-06-21 10:45 AM

kittybug: awww you're so sweet! It is very nice to be appreciated. I will try not to be so chicken...I still have plenty of untried Cathe's still.
Yes MBF is Beachbody on Demand. I just can't seem to cancel my subscription to that one or Les Mills on Demand.

horusosiris: Great mixes!! Thank you for sharing!

manley: HI right back at ya! You are seriously making me want to resubscribe to Cathe Live. Only $9 a month is worth it. Maybe later??

ChelePA: right now we are pet-less. Our English Mastiff died many years ago, and our outside farm cat died over the summer. I'd like another dog but not sure I'm ready to start over. I get too attached.

Today I did MBF Day 2 Core Circuit + Day 4 Core Circuit. Great cardio/core workouts! And perfect to put together. They alternated three rounds of cardio with three rounds of core. Loved it! The cardio was not killer and moderate impact. I had a lot of energy today so was really amping things up. And I love any kind of core work!!

FYI: I decided to skip Insanity Asylum since I'm mixing Cathe with MBF. Another time. ;)

Happy Wednesday!

kittybug 01-06-21 10:49 AM

Manleym with the Live again! That Metabolic Lower was also on my to-do list before cancelling Live. Just four and a half more weeks until STS is over and I'm back IN!!

Horusosiris, that is brilliant on HCE, thank you!

ChelePA, pets are definitely a huge part of the family! I know all five of mine are!

KateTT, I'm sorry to hear about your furbabies. :( Another will worm its way into your heart before you realize what's happened. :p

Yesterday I did Cathe's Intensity which has seriously become a new favorite of mine! Good sweaty breathless fun! Today will be yoga of some sort, haven't figured out what yet. Might revisit an oooooollllldie with Eoin if I can find it...

Stay fierce, you all!!! :sun:

ChelePA 01-06-21 12:39 PM

Kittybug...also love Intensity!!! I did the Hiit section on the trampoline yesterday as an add on.

Kate. I think you would conquer any Cathe. I’m always in awe with your workouts.

I plan on subscribing to Live soon. My husband got it as a gift for me but I haven’t checked connections, etc in my basement. Love all the reviews! Hoping to join you soon.

This morning I started off with my January challenge. Usually lasts about 10 minutes. Then I did an easier basic Kat step video. Followed with Fit Split Push Day only

We have a circular area fenced off for Winston near our deck. We shoveled a path around the edge of the fence with snow piled in the center. Winston had me chasing and running in circles like crazy this morning. I probably ran a mile by the time he wiped out. It’s his new favorite thing to do while outside. I can never catch him. Haha. If I even come close, he will dive into the snow mound. He knows I’m not going there. The neighbors probably think I’m nuts. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mickey12 01-06-21 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelePA (Post 2906356)
Kittybug...also love Intensity!!! I did the Hiit section on the trampoline yesterday as an add on.

Kate. I think you would conquer any Cathe. I’m always in awe with your workouts.

I plan on subscribing to Live soon. My husband got it as a gift for me but I haven’t checked connections, etc in my basement. Love all the reviews! Hoping to join you soon.

This morning I started off with my January challenge. Usually lasts about 10 minutes. Then I did an easier basic Kat step video. Followed with Fit Split Push Day only

We have a circular area fenced off for Winston near our deck. We shoveled a path around the edge of the fence with snow piled in the center. Winston had me chasing and running in circles like crazy this morning. I probably ran a mile by the time he wiped out. It’s his new favorite thing to do while outside. I can never catch him. Haha. If I even come close, he will dive into the snow mound. He knows I’m not going there. The neighbors probably think I’m crazy. ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!

ChelePA you have me LAUGHING OUT LOUD at your post!!! :love::D Aren't pets just the greatest? And the things we do for them, ha! :love::heart::sun:

kittybug 01-06-21 01:36 PM

ChelePA, I agree with Kim, that had me laughing so hard!!! What a fun game for Winston and you too! I wish you could get that on video to share with us. :D

ChelePA, I really think Intensity is so underrated, or at least I've never heard much about it! It's right up there in fun factor now for me with Imax 2 (only it's, um, much more intense to me than Imax 2!)!! :heart:

bee 01-06-21 05:46 PM

Hey! Sorry to be a bit MIA. Yesterday for Two Tuesday I really sort of did three... first Supersets -- love it! -- then a Hip Flow yoga that was great -- lots of hip circles in different positions (on back, in plank, standing, etc.) and my hips felt so great after! I will try to see if I can find any of that instructor's stuff on youtube for you guys. And then third was a hike in the demonstration forest with my sons. It's normally overrun with mountain bikers on the weekends, but we felt lucky to see only one guy. That was nice.

Today for Kickboxing Wednesday I did Ilaria's Powerstrike #4 for the first time. I liked it, of course, and then suddenly it ended. Took my Christmas tree down over yesterday and today. It was a live tree so it was about time for it to go and honestly I'm ok with it being cleaned up in here (a bit cleaned up :o).

I feel like I'm way behind on your posts but I will say Kate, for sure.... you can do the Terminator workouts!! And Chele, I love the image of you chasing Winston around in the snow. Very cute!

Waves all around!!

bee 01-06-21 05:53 PM

Oh hey it's Chelsea Danae on Udaya, and I found a youtube channel though she's only got two full videos there, but just fyi.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1O...1tieVDQ/videos

The uploads are recent, so maybe she has a NY resolution to build a youtube channel. :)

kittybug 01-06-21 07:18 PM

Thanks for the recommend, Bee! You and Manleym recommending so many new-to-me yoga instructors!

Today I pulled out Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness 2 (the surf edition) and did the Going Big practice, which is the full 90-minute practice. I cannot believe I've had this DVD since 2008 when I preordered it! I used to do it regularly but stopped once falling in love with all things Udaya. It is SUCH a good one, mmmmmm!!! :music: Glad I pulled it out of the box.

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

manleym 01-06-21 07:20 PM

AWWW, ChelePA, LOVE the pics and fun stories about Winston! Makes me smile and laugh and I know ya'll are having so much fun with him! :D We're petless like KateTT so I love seeing the pics and hearing the stories. As hubby says, we love other people's pets. ;) To clarify, we're not anti-pets because we've both had them before and loved them. Just not right now.

Get Cathe Live set up, girlfriend! You know there's LOTS of great workouts waiting for you! And thanks for the thumbs up on HST. Heard the music isn't all that great, so I guess that's why I never thought I needed it. :confused:

Kittybug hang in there! You're almost there and then Cathe Live awaits you! Of course, once you get to Live you'll think the workouts are nothin'. You'll be lifting 12's with two fingers. :cool: Did ya do some yoga?

Bee good to hear from you again! What Supersets did you do? I can't think of it. I like hip circle moves. Feels so good opening them up like that. How does Ilaria's Powerstrike #4 compare to her others? Was it different enough from her other Powerstrikes? Thanks for the link to Chelsea Danae's yoga workouts on YT. Just added them to my yoga playlist. Keep sharing the gems you find! :D

Today's workouts were Power Yoga Class with Ally Maz - Lululemon on YT and
Cathe Live#319 Low Impact Cardio Sweat Plus Core. Another great workout from Cathe! She used light weights because she kept it more of a cardio workout. I used a little heavier to make it more metabolic. Definitely another one to add to your "want to try" Live workouts.

Hope everyone is well! Hugs and waves to all! :heart:

manleym 01-06-21 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittybug (Post 2906440)
Thanks for the recommend, Bee! You and Manleym recommending so many new-to-me yoga instructors!

Today I pulled out Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness 2 (the surf edition) and did the Going Big practice, which is the full 90-minute practice. I cannot believe I've had this DVD since 2008 when I preordered it! I used to do it regularly but stopped once falling in love with all things Udaya. It is SUCH a good one, mmmmmm!!! :music: Glad I pulled it out of the box.

Stay fierce, Watulans!!

KB, we must have been posting at the same time because I was wondering which yoga you chose. Sounds like I need to revisit Yoga for Happiness 2. :D

lavna 01-06-21 08:39 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well!

So many things have been posted, I dont think I'll be able to react to all!

Chele: Loved the pictures and stories about Winston.

Kate: You are so fierce. You can tackle any workout you want! The Terminator DVD should be a piece of cake for you!

Today, I did Live 239 again. I went a little harder than last week as I knew what to expect and I think I'll definitly feel it tomorrow! Ow!

Waves to all!
Nathalie

fanofladyvols 01-06-21 09:01 PM

ChelePA oh my goodness!!
"Winston Polo" sounds like a GREAT workout :D

bee 01-06-21 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manleym (Post 2906441)
Bee good to hear from you again! What Supersets did you do? I can't think of it. I like hip circle moves. Feels so good opening them up like that. How does Ilaria's Powerstrike #4 compare to her others? Was it different enough from her other Powerstrikes? Thanks for the link to Chelsea Danae's yoga workouts on YT. Just added them to my yoga playlist. Keep sharing the gems you find! :D

Supersets as in "Push Pull/Supersets" in the Body Blast series. I have Legs & Glutes left in that series and then it's on to..... whatever one is next! I think the one with Muscle Max, etc., right? I need to look it up. Realistically I won't get to legs & glutes until Saturday or Sunday because tomorrow is Throwback Thursday and I was thinking of doing a retro yoga. Have to see if I have that Eion happiness you guys are talking about, but I don't think I do. I think I may only have Blissology. But I was thinking it would be fun to do some sort of "old" yoga.

As for Ilaria.... This is the first power strike I've done in many years, so I can't tell you how it's different, but I will say that it seemed fairly basic. A lot of time spent on kicking drills and punching drills separate from any combo -- but that was fine by me. I actually went through her preamble instruction on kicks and punches and I think it helped me. Honestly I do think her attention to form really saves my hips because they never hurt after I do her stuff but tend to hurt after I do Cathe kickboxing. I'll keep working my way through Ilari's stuff every Wednesday, though I'll probably sneak Kickmax in there at some point soon.

I don't know if those Chelsea youtube yogas are any good or not (one is barre actually) but I did like what she did for my hips. YMMV.

Cheers!

ChelePA 01-07-21 02:02 PM

Looking forward to the reviews of Cathe live today. I really enjoy her boxing workouts.

This morning I did Shred Cardio and Perfect 30 Yoga.

Saw a few posts about feeling a sense of doom. With everything going on, I completely understand. I’ll stay away from politics. The cases locally are definitely up for Covid. My mom who is in her 70s works full-time. Three people came to work with symptoms and eventually tested positive. So frustrating and scary! They said they thought they just had a cold. All in the same family. My mom‘s test came back negative today. I’m so angry that she was even put in that situation. It’s a small family company that does not believe in wearing masks. Thank goodness I’ve scared my mom enough that she takes all precautions. Of course I was with her on NYE for less than an hour. Brought some dinner and snacks. So I put myself in quarantine. Both of us wore masks. But I was being overly cautious. I’m looking forward to the day that we don’t have to worry about this virus.

manleym 01-07-21 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2906472)
Supersets as in "Push Pull/Supersets" in the Body Blast series. I have Legs & Glutes left in that series and then it's on to..... whatever one is next! I think the one with Muscle Max, etc., right? I need to look it up. Realistically I won't get to legs & glutes until Saturday or Sunday because tomorrow is Throwback Thursday and I was thinking of doing a retro yoga. Have to see if I have that Eion happiness you guys are talking about, but I don't think I do. I think I may only have Blissology. But I was thinking it would be fun to do some sort of "old" yoga.

As for Ilaria.... This is the first power strike I've done in many years, so I can't tell you how it's different, but I will say that it seemed fairly basic. A lot of time spent on kicking drills and punching drills separate from any combo -- but that was fine by me. I actually went through her preamble instruction on kicks and punches and I think it helped me. Honestly I do think her attention to form really saves my hips because they never hurt after I do her stuff but tend to hurt after I do Cathe kickboxing. I'll keep working my way through Ilari's stuff every Wednesday, though I'll probably sneak Kickmax in there at some point soon.

I don't know if those Chelsea youtube yogas are any good or not (one is barre actually) but I did like what she did for my hips. YMMV.

Cheers!

Ahh, makes sense! Don't know why I completely blanked on Supersets. I have that dvd. And I liked the Body Blast workouts, esp the step. Are you planning on doing IMax Extreme tomorrow for Fun Friday?

Thanks for the feedback on PS 4. Interesting that Cathe's kickboxing makes you hurt afterwards. Do you think Cathe's moves are too fast? Can't wait to try Powerstrikes 5, from a VERY generous and kind and wonderful VFer! :D

kittybug 01-07-21 06:36 PM

Wow, ChelePA, how horrible!! Hugs to you...hang in there. I know you've worried about your mom this whole time and things like this certainly don't help! :(

Manleym, I did Imax Extreme early with you all today! Did anyone join me, Kim, FN2 (how's that knee??)?

Hah hah, FOLV, 'Winston Polo' is perfect!!

Stay fierce, my Watulan friends!! :sun:

bee 01-07-21 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manleym (Post 2906570)
Ahh, makes sense! Don't know why I completely blanked on Supersets. I have that dvd. And I liked the Body Blast workouts, esp the step. Are you planning on doing IMax Extreme tomorrow for Fun Friday?

Thanks for the feedback on PS 4. Interesting that Cathe's kickboxing makes you hurt afterwards. Do you think Cathe's moves are too fast? Can't wait to try Powerstrikes 5, from a VERY generous and kind and wonderful VFer! :D

Yes, I will be in on the Imax Extreme party tomorrow..... woot, woot!!!! :)

And yes, I'm guessing that Cathe's moves are fast enough that I get sloppy in a way my body doesn't like. I really appreciate Ilaria's tempo and attention to form (not that Cathe doesn't pay attention to form, but it's easier for me with Ilaria).

Chele, I'm so sorry to hear what your mom is going through at her work -- that's horrible! I hope she remains healthy!!

This morning for Throwback Thursday I did an Inhale Yoga because I was lazy about going to the cold barn and since I took the tree down I had room and could stream that in the house. It's been a long time since I've done Inhale and while it will always have a soft spot in my heart because it got me to even sort of enjoy yoga in the beginning..... it was really easy and he does not give good cues at all. But whatever -- it was kind of fun to do for a change.

I'm excited about our extreme party tomorrow!!

Mickey12 01-07-21 06:56 PM

ChelePA there sure is a lot to worry about these days. I am glad your mom’s test came back negative. Also glad you have gotten her to take precautions.

How are you doing with the rebounder? Do you use it a lot?

Kittybug I did IMAX Extreme today too. Fun but so hard! I took out a lot of the impact so I could go the distance. The weight segments were really short though so I think the Viper is easier than this one just because the weights give you a break from the cardio. I think I am going to do the Gauntlet now too since I did the other two on this dvd. You fierce Watulans are really pushing me to give it my all! Thank you! :music::D

I did a Travis yin practice last night and I might do another one tomorrow. Oh, Kittybug I have that Eoin Finn yoga practice too. I haven’t done it in a very, very long time. I really like Pursuit of Happy Hips. Do you have that one?

Hope every has a great night!

manleym 01-07-21 07:00 PM

Kittybug I didn't do IMax Extreme today. I'm doing it tomorrow with Bee and hopefully some others - ChelePA, Horusosiris, Garrie. Come join Bee and I for the party! And Cataddict if your knee is better and if you didn't do it today.

Bee I was curious because I wondered if some of my kinks may be caused by doing kickboxing moves (or other moves) too fast. I've never paid attention but do know some days I feel more creaky and achy than others. I should start tracking what workout I did the day before.

So here's today Cathe Live update:

#329 Boxing Hiit Express. It was good, but not sure it will be a favorite. It was boxing and cardio, so Cathe had on boxing gloves. It wasn't a bad workout. The Lives I did early in the week were more fun for me than this one. Cathe said this workout is a “good way to get the kinks out” and I agree. And it's a good add-on to another workout, which is exactly how I used it. Since it was only about 30 minutes I did #256 Express Plyo Legs Plus Core. Another good cardio, especially as add on. I thought it would be more of a HIIT workout, and there are some high intensity moves, but they alternate with leg moves using light weights. Cathe used 5's, and so did I since this was an add-on, but you could go heavier for a more intense workout. I skipped the core at the end of the workout, so can't comment on that. Overall both are good cardio workouts. I also did Alo Yoga Power Vinyasa Flow with Jessica Olie and liked it.

ChelePA that is so not right what your mom's employers are doing not wearing masks and putting their employees at risk. I'm glad she's listening to you and taking this seriously. I'm glad her test was negative and hope she continues to stay healthy. :)

Hugs and waves to all! See ya'll tomorrow for our extreme party!! :music:

KateTT 01-08-21 12:42 PM

TGIF my fierce friends. Oh yes you are! You just think you aren't fierce but you are! ;)

kittybug: I would like to get a silver lab maybe.
Eoin is still my all-time favorite Yoga instructor. Now I think I'll grab one of his practices for this afternoon.

ChelePA: Thank you! I try my best. I just don't want to slow down yet, even at 58.
The Intensity series is awesome! I think we all just have to be strong and patient so we can get through ALL of the chaos!

bee: Ok, ok, I'll start working some of the Terminators into my routine. I'll channel my inner "Arnie".

manley: I am sure tempted to restart my Cathe Live subscription but I promised myself not until after I have gone through ALL my untried Cathe's.

Nathalie: You all are so supportive!!! I have a feeling it will be fun! Cardio Fusion is another one I have been avoiding. :o

Yesterday was Cathe Great Glutes Extreme mix. Just a bit over an hour and includes ALL the leg work, floor, weighted, barre, stability ball. Cooked my butt! And definitely feeling it now. However, later in the day I did Rudy's Functional Hamstrings Yoga from Udaya and it felt SO much better. I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be.

Today I did MBF Day 5 Full Body Burn + Day 6 Power Ignite. Again both 30 min workouts and actually fairly similar in how they work the body.
Full Body was a little heavier lifting but starting to incorporate some kettlebell inspired moves which keeps the HR up more. Megan went pretty heavy so I stayed with her on some, heavier on others.
Power Ignite was lighter weight, body weight and more metabolic.
So both workouts really worked my whole body quite well. The only thing I'll do is not schedule a Cathe leg day and one of these back to back.

Thinking of doing one of my many Eoin practices. I have a bunch of free audio yoga I downloaded ages ago. And I also found several here. https://www.mixcloud.com/yogablissologywitheoinfinn/
I did not have to join or pay or anything. Hope it works for you.

Have a great weekend!

cataddict 01-08-21 02:27 PM

Happy Friday, Watulans!

Great to see all the posting! It's been a busy week! Big Orange had a vet appointment since he has what we thought was a respiratory infection that he couldn't shake. It was. Then Wednesday morning I look at Tank (the boy on the brown swirly blanket in the pic) and he sneezed blood. So off to the vet for emergency and he had a head xray, blood work and cytology. It took HOURS and we were so worried. He is almost 15 and I just wasn't ready for it to be something like cancer. Fortunately we got good news and the vet said the tests showed it was a bacterial infection--no tumor or mass. Yikes. By the time the vet called I was crying and DH was cleaning the bathroom like a madman trying to get his mind off of it. They both got antibiotic shots and both seem to be doing better today. Whew!

Tuesday I did a lot of walking but no "formal" workout. Wednesday I did Cathe Live #292 Lo Impact Cardio Muscle. It was "okay" but not a big, big fan. I think it's because it wasn't really enough muscle (part of this was my fault, I'm following the same rule as FN1 this week and not going heavier than 8-10 lbs) and but not enough cardio to keep my heart rate up. And there were pushups in it!! It would work better as an add on I think. Yesterday I did Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 3 HiiT It Big. This is a goody and tough! I did a little modifying, but not a whole lot. Today I plan to join the Imax Extreme Team. My knee is fine now, thank heavens! Like Kate, I'm gonna keep at it as long as I can. And 58 is too young to stop! :p

bee, I was thinking about your comment about Cathe kickboxing bugging your hips and I noticed this week when I did two of her kickboxing Lives that I was getting tweaks as well. I do think it's because it's fast. Now Cathe herself says she isn't an expert in this area, so I don't really blame her, but it's something I need to pay more attention to and maybe not do too much of her kickboxing in a short period of time.

Kate, the MBF program you are doing sounds good. I'm always leery of BB workouts since some of the instructors just aren't my cup of tea. Well, actually Autumn is the only one I can think of offhand that I couldn't tolerate. I kind of tuned out Chalene's Too Kool For Skool OC vibe since I like Turbo Fire. I've read good things about Megan.

manley, thanks for the feedback on today's Live. I knew if I did it I would skip the abs, and since I've done Cathe kickboxing twice this week I'll maybe put it in as an add on in the future. I'm not sure what Cathe Live looks like on other than the Roku, but the Lives can be sorted by length of video which I have found very helpful if I want an add on. I haven't had major problems with streaming, but the Roku has made it so convenient, not just for Cathe Live but for the semi binge watching/catch up DH and I have been doing on PBS Passport.

Chele, that is scary about your mom. It's unfortunate how many people play fast and loose with other people's health. You are smart to quarantine yourself as a precaution. I would really hate to be responsible for someone else getting sick.

Kim, good for you for completing 2 out of 3 of the Terminator workouts! As I've said before, you don't give yourself nearly enough credit for what you can do. Sometimes just starting a tough workout is the hardest part and you can always modify as needed to finish. You will definitely crush the Gauntlet!!:sun:

Nathalie, still thinking about you and your dad and the MRI test results. Keep us posted.

FN1, I have really enjoyed the recovery week from Mess 3. I do look forward to finishing it up.

horusosiris, did you do this week's Live? Thoughts? You're joining us for Imax Extreme, correct? You too, Garrie?

FOLV get your SUPER DUPER COWBELL ready for COWBELL MAX when we finish Mess 3!

Waves to all!! Moby out!

bee 01-08-21 02:41 PM

Happy Fun Friday, Watulans! Yes, I did Imax Extreme! Wow, did anyone else get pretty tired at the end? I had a hard time doing the steps even -- I think my brain was fatigued. But, it was fun! I did enjoy it. I followed with the Perfect 30 stretch and even after that I put on my audio book and did some more stretching!!

Kate, I think for any of the Terminator workouts what you need more than anything is stamina. You can do it!

That is a great tip on the Eoin audio. I'm going to check that out!

cataddict, I see you are able to join us for IE -- good news on the knee! But even better news from the vet! Wow, what a horrible day that must have been! So glad "the Tank" is ok!!

I have noticed that after I do the longer workouts I mostly sit on my butt the rest of the day. My step count was more than 7300 from IE but I am determined to be more active the rest of the day. I need to do pantry clean out and that type of stuff.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!