Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Watulan Fierce Deities of 2021! All are welcome!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230107)

Mickey12 02-11-21 08:39 AM

Nathalie I'm glad you're feeling better enough to work out again. Smart to take it slow.

I forgot to mention before Manley, I love that Cathe song with the "bom, bom, bom" in it. :)

Where is everyone else? 500 errors? Posting seems to have diminished. Hope everyone is ok.

kittybug 02-11-21 10:35 AM

Kim, I'm still here!! Just a busy week, eek!

I'll do a quick check-in...Tuesday I did Afterburn the bonus burn premix, and Watulans, after having done STS, it felt like I was throwing those weights around and not feeling a thing, but then the next day I was a tad sore, so go figger. :confused: Yesterday was Imax 3, which my bruised up foot cooperated with, yay, and today is Hair Max so I might be able to fit in a short yoga practice or I might not. :p

I'll write more later when I get more time...but is anyone else starting a Katami rotation next week (I know KateTT already has)? I still haven't looked into those workouts and have no idea what they entail or what I'll do with them. Just curious! Stay fierce, Watulans!! :sun:

manleym 02-11-21 01:06 PM

Hi Freezing Friends! Hope you are all safe and dry!

For kickbox Wednesday I pulled out TurboFire EZ 45. GREAT music! But Chalene usually does have fun, high energy workouts. I forgot my big hoop earrings so that might have impacted my workout. :cool: I haven't done many of these workouts, but to me they seem more like cardio boxing workouts, rather than kickboxing. I don't remember much kicking in EZ 45. And they're fast. So maybe it's good there isn't alot of kicking because of the fast pace - form would suffer.

Today is Cathe Live Valentine's workout. Haven't seen a clip yet but hoping for one soon.

Back later for more following up! :)

ChelePA 02-11-21 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Always trust your mommy instincts even with your puppy. Tuesday evening, Winston swallowed a whole beef jerky treat Never did anything like this before. Instantly we knew something was seriously wrong. I tried to do a finger sweep to clear his airway and realized it was stuck deep down. Called all the local emergency vets with no luck. We had to travel an hour to finally see someone. During this time, Winston was vomiting pure foamy mucus. The vet said he must have pushed the treat down into his stomach and that he will be fine. Just a sensitive and upset belly. My gut was telling me otherwise so I contacted our vet early in the morning. Thank goodness she took me seriously. Winston needed emergency surgery to remove the item at the base of his esophagus. Lots of damage in the area. We are hoping it heals completely with no future issues. This is his pre-op picture. Looks so sad—it broke my heart because he’s so happy and playful all the time. I’ve been a mess the past 2 days.

I decided to do Wednesday’s workout today since I needed to burn off lots of stress. So while Winston was sleeping, I did Rev’d Up Rumble. I haven’t slept much so I wanted to keep it lighter. This was perfect.

Kim, I’m constantly getting the error these days.

Manleym, looking forward to your review of Cathe Live today.

Nathalie, glad you are easing back in and feeling better.

I’ll check back more when Winston is napping.

kittybug 02-11-21 01:24 PM

Oh, ChelePA! :eek: Sending soothing, healing wishes to Winston and you, his wonderful mommy! Thank goodness he's still very young...let's hope that will help him heal swiftly without any lingering effects. :heart: Hang in there!

ChelePA 02-11-21 02:29 PM

Kittybug it’s funny you say that about healing quickly. I thought the same exact thing. That’s one negative-his youth. It can cause a constriction in the esophagus. We are actually giving him steroids to slow down the healing process. He has another scope next week to make sure there’s no issues . It was either that or wait to see if he starts vomiting and then we would know there was a problem . I decided to get an endoscopy as a precaution. Thanks so much for the kind words.

lavna 02-11-21 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelePA (Post 2911705)
Always trust your mommy instincts even with your puppy. Tuesday evening, Winston swallowed a whole beef jerky treat Never did anything like this before. Instantly we knew something was seriously wrong. I tried to do a finger sweep to clear his airway and realized it was stuck deep down. Called all the local emergency vets with no luck. We had to travel an hour to finally see someone. During this time, Winston was vomiting pure foamy mucus. The vet said he must have pushed the treat down into his stomach and that he will be fine. Just a sensitive and upset belly. My gut was telling me otherwise so I contacted our vet early in the morning. Thank goodness she took me seriously. Winston needed emergency surgery to remove the item at the base of his esophagus. Lots of damage in the area. We are hoping it heals completely with no future issues. This is his pre-op picture. Looks so sad—it broke my heart because he’s so happy and playful all the time. I’ve been a mess the past 2 days.

Oh Chele! :( I hope Winston heals well (if not too quickly!!!)
I hope the stress of all this goes away soon!

lavna 02-11-21 04:21 PM

I don't know if I could say I'm better (:p) but after almost 2 weeks off, it was time to get back on the wagon!!! But I'm sure the pause gave my muscles a chance to restore.

Today, I did another Live, 101 Step and pump! I did the 1st combo with 2 risers and but the time the cardio was over, I was breathing hard! The length and intensity were just right to start again slowly.

Hope you're all having a great Thursday!
Nathalie

horusosiris 02-11-21 05:18 PM

Hello All!

Lately for me it has been I am too busy and/or I do not feel like exercising. I did do the Cathe Live 334 Candy Hearts Circuit Live today. It was a 53 minute metabolic workout that comprised cardio off and on the step and weights off and on the step. She added core at the end.

Manelym- Turbo Fire EZ 45 is my favorite and most used Turbo Fire workout.

Chel- I hope that Winston is better soon.

Lavna-I am glad you are back at it. I am hope you are better and the rest worked for you.

What is on tap for Fun Friday tomorrow?

bee 02-11-21 06:25 PM

OMG, Chele! Winston! Oh yikes that had to be so stressful!! I'm so glad you went with your instincts! Hopefully he is feeling better, if not healing quickly.... hopefully you are feeling better!

I have Turbo Fire but I was never much into it -- everyone always raved about how fun it was but for me it always seemed frustrating because I couldn't keep up. I should try it again! So funny about the hoop earrings, manleym!!

Yes, Fun Friday.... what are we doing, peeps? I just looked at the premixes for Party Rockin' Steps and there's no premix that combines from the two -- were you thinking we'd just "make our own premix"?

I am so messed up this week. No amount of cutesy names is helping me keep track of the days! I thought it was Two Tuesday, so I did a Body Project cardio as a nice long warmup and then did some Growing Annas upper body. Then because I could I did a 20 minutes Five Parks neck/shoulder loosener yoga. Really just stretches but boy they felt good!

I can't imagine how some of you are dealing with those cold temperatures. It's not cold here comparatively but I have been absolutely freezing since after my shower. Just can't get warmed up. Stay warm, chickadees!!!