Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cathe's Perfect 30 DVDs on their way (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229663)

LoveVA 10-23-20 08:25 AM

I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. :D She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.

The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.

bubbles76 10-23-20 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horusosiris (Post 2895062)
Bubbles- Oh, lucky you! ;):D There are some distinct advantages to living in NJ! Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow:p

Decent bagels, good pizza, and quick access to Cathe workouts :D

fanofladyvols 10-23-20 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveVA (Post 2895127)
I won't be able to do any of the new workouts until this weekend. However, I previewed the hiit ones last night. They both look great.

The high impact one has a lot of squat thrusts/burpees. So if that isn't your thing, you've been warned. :D She does mention, a few times, to modify if necessary.

The low impact looks pretty tough. It is definitely LOW impact, but it is not NO impact. There are quite a few moves in her older low impact hiit workouts where your feet never leave the ground. This isn't the case here. But it is definitely LOW impact. And it looks like it is easy to modify to no impact if you want.

LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?

LoveVA 10-23-20 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2895137)
LoveVa That's helpful!! Thanks for the heads up. I thought as much from her clip and have tried to prepare ways to modify just in case.

You may not be able to answer this from previewing, so that's ok if you can't, but do you think having a high step set up nearby would be in the way of the moves?

So the only equipment needed for the hiit workouts is a step with 2 risers on each side, but only for the bonus segment. There is no equipment needed for the main workouts. If you don't plan to do the bonus segment you don't need anything at all. There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.:D

fanofladyvols 10-23-20 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveVA (Post 2895140)
There is some side-to-side movement in both workouts and back-to-front movement in the low impact one. I think you could have a high step off to the side, just keep in mind how much you tend to move in side-to-side movement. I'm short, so I don't need that much room for movement.:D

Ok that doesn't sound like the cardio choo choos all over the place...cool!
Thank you!! :D

PERFECT 30 Guide
https://cathe.com/perfect30guide/

FitBoop 10-24-20 12:12 AM

Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!

shoegoddess 10-24-20 08:27 AM

Mine are scheduled for today!

fanofladyvols 10-24-20 09:02 AM

My tracking says scheduled delivery for today!!!

:D. :love:. :music:

tiletha444 10-24-20 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitBoop (Post 2895264)
Mine came today! I quarantine my mail for a day or two, so I will try them this weekend!

I quarantine my mail, too... but when I get my Cathe package, I don't think I can wait!! I'm just going to have to lysol-wipe it down really well.:D:heart:

Usia 10-24-20 11:25 AM

Why am I looking at this set? It's too advanced for me and yet......I'm tempted.:o