Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vintage workout on YT (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232792)

wendug 05-13-22 11:35 AM

Vintage workout on YT

So apparently people are finding old VHS tapes and uploading them to YouTube. Here's a Charlene Prickett workout- Hang In There. I don't know what year it is, but the outfits and type of aerobics makes me think sometime in the 80s. One of the ladies looks like she is wearing a diaper with her white leotard bottoms. :eek:

Vintage VFer 05-13-22 11:44 AM

The dreaded white set, LOL!

Karla25 05-13-22 11:44 AM

I made a vintage workout list a while back. I just added a vintage workout tag and your Charlene workout :-). The Celebrity Workout Check-In also has tons of vintage workouts.

Vintage Workout List

Gams 05-13-22 01:12 PM

Hmm - this isn’t the white set I remember. Didn’t she have one that was REALLY white and you couldn’t tell where the floor ended and walls began? You can see windows on this set.

wendug 05-13-22 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2965115)
I made a vintage workout list a while back. I just added a vintage workout tag and your Charlene workout :-). The Celebrity Workout Check-In also has tons of vintage workouts.

Vintage Workout List

Oh wow. That's quite an extensive list! I don't do many vintage workouts, though. I have bad memories of having to do Jane Fonda cardio workouts in my gym class back in the 80s.

rykram 05-13-22 07:33 PM

This is cool! Sometimes, I want to try some of the ones I missed before. I didn’t start doing home workouts until BSS2 and Cathe’s Intensity series. I missed out on lots of the classics that used to be hard to find on DVD.

Thanks!!!

Demeris 05-14-22 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2965127)
Hmm - this isn’t the white set I remember. Didn’t she have one that was REALLY white and you couldn’t tell where the floor ended and walls began? You can see windows on this set.

Yes. I have a dvd with that set, not this one with windows and walls.

That white backdrop set can be vertigo-inducing.

JessicaW 05-14-22 09:09 AM

Quote:

Vintage Workout List

I am obsessed with vintage workouts. Thank you for sharing this list!
Even though I have been doing video workouts since the 90s, there are so many I missed!

patrice 05-15-22 08:01 AM

Quote:

Vintage Workout List

Thanks for the list!

Karla25 05-15-22 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaW (Post 2965205)
I am obsessed with vintage workouts. Thank you for sharing this list!
Even though I have been doing video workouts since the 90s, there are so many I missed!

Same here :) The first yoga tape I did was with Raquel Welch. I never could master all of the moves, but enjoyed it anyway. It’s fun to visit the vintage workouts. :heart:

I missed a lot of the workouts because I was mainly doing theFirm workouts. I owned less than 10 workouts and was quite happy with them for years. It’s a totally different story now :eek: I’ve gotten addicted to trying new workouts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrice (Post 2965312)
Thanks for the list!

You’re welcome :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2965153)
Oh wow. That's quite an extensive list! I don't do many vintage workouts, though. I have bad memories of having to do Jane Fonda cardio workouts in my gym class back in the 80s.

Lol!