Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are you good at completing "official" rotations? Or, not? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231556)

Vintage VFer 08-11-21 11:52 AM

Are you good at completing "official" rotations? Or, not?

I have only really completed 2 full "official" rotations - ever!

I did Look Great in 8. I sort of did Cathe's STS. I skipped right to Meso 2 and then went on to finish Meso 3.

My shortest "rotation" was 1 day. Travis' Ultimate Yogi. I just didn't enjoy it.

The second shortest was 2 days: Tai Cheng. I liked the instructor, but what a snoozefest!

Are you good with "official" rotations or are you rotation-challenged?

Pat58 08-11-21 12:11 PM

I'm terrible with rotations. I finished two of Lucy Wyndham-Read's challenges, a 24 day and a 28 day, each in about 40 days, and that's it in modern times.

I successfully completed Project You and Yoga Booty Ballet when those were first released, and had great results with each. I wonder what happened to make me rotationally challenged? :confused:

Gams 08-11-21 12:14 PM

I don’t like doing rotations. I prefer to pick out a workout based on what I feel like doing on a particular day.

Sissy B 08-11-21 12:17 PM

No, I’m not. I have never completed an official rotation. The closest I got was completing 25-26 days of the 28 day rotation of Walk it Off with George with Petra Kolber & George Foreman in 2012. Prepping for Hurricane Isaac ended that.

I have ADD when it comes to sticking with a rotation. As soon as I decide on one, I immediately want to do something else.

Vantreesta 08-11-21 12:26 PM

Nope! I'm pretty sure I finished one round of CLX, PowerFit and almost completed Core Fusion 30 Day Challenge.

There are just too many things I want to fit in! I always WANT to stick with set rotations, whether a program set up by someone else or my own rotations (of which I have made so many!) but I'm just too drawn to shiny things and can't prioritize!

bzar 08-11-21 12:46 PM

successful completion:
F90DR (original Firm 90 Day Rotation): 2-3 times, which included some substitutions for cardio
Slim Series: twice

i had weight loss with both.

since then, i follow a loose rotation, focusing more on low intensity and weight lifting.

bubbles76 08-11-21 12:52 PM

Yep :)

bethellen 08-11-21 12:53 PM

When the Firm Believers website was still active, I was pretty consistent with completing the posted monthly rotations. Since then....not so much. Lately I try to plan a week at a time and those sometimes get completed.
I tend to change my mind each day but I'm ok with that because I'm still consistently working out 4-5 days a week.

Vintage VFer 08-11-21 01:14 PM

I have an "unofficial" rotation that I have been doing for several years now. It is a loose, "theme of the day" type of plan. I have stuck to it because I can just pick a random video to match the theme of the day.

AsSweetAsSugar 08-11-21 01:17 PM

Sometimes, I guess. I have completed several official rotations, and some I have designed myself. But, I also have dropped out some. Sometimes, when life get on the way, and I start to miss a lot of days here and there, I start to feel like the rotation will never end, and start to feel dread and end dropping it out, or when the rotation is too demanding physically, and I can't keep on track because I need more time to recuperate, I also end dropping it out at some time, since it starts to feel like it will take forever to complete.