Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jenny Ford Walk Across America (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230660)

Gams 03-24-21 01:57 AM

Jenny Ford Walk Across America

Ooh - these walks are now available on DVD!

Cher 03-24-21 05:22 AM

I was trying to decide whether to buy the downloads or not when I saw yesterday you could get the downloads AND DVDs so I ordered right away yesterday. I much prefer DVDs so was so happy to see this. I already got my shipping notice last night. :love:

I hope she also does this with Step Across America since I prefer step workouts.

txhsmom 03-24-21 05:40 AM

I noticed that the website mentioned that Step Across America (50 Step Workouts 50 States) was "coming soon".

Carol

Gemini2874 03-24-21 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2917847)
Ooh - these walks are now available on DVD!

Thanks for the heads up! I read great comments about Jenny! I just bought the downloads with DVDs as well! Great price for all those walks!!

Here is the link if anyone else is interested:
https://freedom.fit/

PennyK 03-24-21 07:14 AM

PennyK 03-24-21 08:21 AM

Gams 03-24-21 08:57 AM

Penny, shipping is $9.95. With tax and shipping my total was $80.10.

PennyK 03-24-21 09:12 AM

Paula N 03-24-21 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyK (Post 2917876)
There is a clip of Jenny, Kathy Smith and Petra Kolber sledding down a hill together on her facebook page. So cool!

I saw this on Instagram. So great of Kathy and Petra to be reaching out and supporting Jenny during such a difficult time. I have huge respect for all three of them. I hope Jenny is doing okay.

Pam61 03-24-21 09:22 AM

Just ordered. It will be nice to change up my Leslie and Jessica walks. Plus see so many different locations!

PennyK 03-24-21 09:35 AM

carolyn jane 03-24-21 11:50 AM

I couldn't find any clips on the website. Does anyone know if there are clips anywhere?

Also, what is the level of the workouts - beginner, intermediate, advanced?

Mickey12 03-24-21 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolyn jane (Post 2917914)
I couldn't find any clips on the website. Does anyone know if there are clips anywhere?

Also, what is the level of the workouts - beginner, intermediate, advanced?

I would say the workouts are beginner to low intermediate. [Edited to add: I think they're beginner for most people.] I have some of them as downloads. The steps are not complicated at all. I don't recall much impact at all, maybe a little bit of boosted segments in some, but not all workouts. What I love is the beautiful and varied scenery in the workouts. Sometimes she has background exercisers with her - people from the local area where she filmed. So that is a nice change of pace in the workouts too. I think I will buy the DVDs even though I already have some of the downloads. DVD format is what I prefer anyway and I want to support Jenny.

Are these the workouts she offered for free as downloads or where they the Step Across America ones?

Gams 03-24-21 12:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/c/FREEDOMFIT/videos

Looks like the links from the old thread lead to the same place now. Maybe because she’s selling these now. I used the links before to do several of the walks - I think I’ve done a dozen or so. I agree with what Kim said about them. I like the New Mexico walk because you get to see the hot air balloons in the background.

For those of you that order, would you let me know if you get a confirmation e-mail? I didn’t get one. Thanks.

Gemini2874 03-24-21 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyK (Post 2917860)
How much is the shipping?

I did send an email asking if the dvds are pressed, I will post when I hear.

ETA: Tyler responded that these are professional quality silverback dvds!

Penny, sorry...just getting back online. As someone said, $80.10!

PennyK 03-24-21 03:14 PM

PennyK 03-24-21 03:15 PM

bzar 03-24-21 07:34 PM

thanks for this thread and the link.

approximately how long is each of the 50 workouts? or, what is the total # of minutes for the entire set?

PennyK 03-24-21 07:43 PM

PennyK 03-24-21 08:03 PM

Gams 03-24-21 08:23 PM

I like these walks but they are not very fast and you will not get anywhere near 3900 steps.

Pam61 03-25-21 12:57 PM

I did the first workout (Utah) and the mountains in the background are breathtaking! While this is very much a beginner workout, I still enjoyed it and used it as a warmup to Lift and Shift. In this one there was about a dozen (mostly young folks) marching/walking with Jenny. I enjoyed watching everyone and Jenny is very enthusiastic and bubbly. Such a wonderful instructor. There is a bit of boosted exercises to get the HR up a bit more (squat, jogging) so there is some variety. I've looked at a few of the other walks and some are more challenging than this one was. I think she just wanted the people she was with to have fun and enjoy themselves and it put a smile on my face, too!

amery 03-25-21 03:42 PM

I did several of them when they were free on Youtube. They're definitely beginner, but very enjoyable. I wear a weighted vest and hand weights to add a little intensity. Absolutely NO dread factor with these. You can zone out, enjoy the scenery, and get some steps in.

Gemini2874 03-25-21 04:31 PM

I think the workouts are also intermediate. I guess everyone has a different opinion on what is beginner! I got a good workout with the one I tried. I am an intermediate exerciser who no longer feels the need to kill myself during a workout! It was fun and I liked it better than JS or Leslie. I wish she had a DVD with weights added.

Gams 03-25-21 05:49 PM

Gemini, Jenny’s Checkout Workout has multiple workouts and one of them uses weights. You can get it on eBay or Total Fitness DVDs for only $12.95. It’s a great deal - I think there are 5 workouts included.

Gemini2874 03-25-21 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2918084)
Gemini, Jenny’s Checkout Workout has multiple workouts and one of them uses weights. You can get it on eBay or Total Fitness DVDs for only $12.95. It’s a great deal - I think there are 5 workouts included.

Thanks, Gams!!!! Just bought it!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!

PennyK 03-25-21 08:31 PM

Gemini2874 03-26-21 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyK (Post 2918118)
I ordered my set today!:D

Nice!!! Am I the only one excited to build the country with the magnetic states? I need to grow up!!!! hahaha

Cher 03-26-21 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini2874 (Post 2918152)
Nice!!! Am I the only one excited to build the country with the magnetic states? I need to grow up!!!! hahaha

I’m looking forward to this too! 😂😂😂. Just need to figure out where to put the map up at. 😉

PennyK 03-26-21 07:17 AM

Gemini2874 03-26-21 07:53 AM

:p:D

fanofladyvols 03-26-21 08:31 AM

I plan on getting these hoping these will be the walking workouts I enjoy. I checked with Mary and she was going to try to carry so I'm holding out to find out for sure.

Pam, Gams,, (or anyone who has these) can you tell me if there's music or If you can mute it?

alisoncooks 03-26-21 08:35 AM

Quote:

I'm tempted to get it just for the map! :p

Pam61 03-26-21 03:10 PM

Quote:

I can't tell you how many geography puzzles I've put together during Covid. Only doing 50 states will be a nice change from the one and two thousand pieces I've been doing! ;)

txhsmom 03-26-21 04:49 PM

There is music, at least on the YouTube versions. Don't have my DVD versions yet.

Carol

txhsmom 03-26-21 04:51 PM

Quote:

No! I think this looks fun!

Carol

Gemini2874 03-27-21 06:05 AM

Ok, I feel better knowing I am not alone regarding the magnetic state map!!!!:D

gjv 03-27-21 07:34 AM

I bought mine off of Amazon prime video, no magnets for me. :(

But I am loving the walks. Nice complement to Leslie. I've done Kansas and Utah so far.

Mickey12 03-27-21 08:44 AM

I also purchased the DVDs. I emailed Tyler to see if I could purchase without the downloads and map. He said no, this is the only way that are offering the DVDs. I know I won’t use the downloads. I think the map idea is really fun but I don’t know where I will put it.

Linda, yes there is music. I don’t recall it being anything special and it wasn’t very loud. I don’t know if there is a mute option. The variety of scenery is really the draw for me. I think the whole idea of doing workouts in every state is brilliant!

I’m excited to get mine.

fanofladyvols 03-27-21 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2918309)
I also purchased the DVDs. I emailed Tyler to see if I could purchase without the downloads and map. He said no, this is the only way that are offering the DVDs. I know I won’t use the downloads. I think the map idea is really fun but I don’t know where I will put it.

Linda, yes there is music. I don’t recall it being anything special and it wasn’t very loud. I don’t know if there is a mute option. The variety of scenery is really the draw for me. I think the whole idea of doing workouts in every state is brilliant!

I’m excited to get mine.

Carol and Kim..thanks for your responses. That's good to know.

I hope it has a mute option, that would be nice.

I am sorry to hear that the Amazon version wouldn't include the magnets.