Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jenny Ford Walk Across America (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230660)

Leonana 04-19-21 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2921899)
ooo, i wish i could copy you two too! my cat is so skiddish and stand-offish. she's too independent.

I'd welcome some stand-offishness, lol. He jumped up when I was doing planks too! But I think I'm going to sub in another one of him, I'm too self conscious with myself in there!

LAC 04-19-21 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonana (Post 2921785)
LAC, such a cute avatar. I have a similar pic with my orange tabby! I hope you don't mind, but I copied you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2921899)
ooo, i wish i could copy you two too! my cat is so skiddish and stand-offish. she's too independent.

I think all VFer's should post avatars of themselves with their kitties! The feisty feline in my avatar is Maggie. This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)

bzar 04-19-21 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAC (Post 2921942)
This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)

sorry to hear that!:(

LAC 04-19-21 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2921881)
I recently spoke to Jenny's husband about an order issue. We spoke about the set for probably 20 minutes. He told me about some of the filming issues.

I think they weren't always able to get the permits they needed for some states' locations. I can't imagine some of the bureaucracy that they had to deal with.

My favorite so far is Monument Valley in Arizona. I've been there IRL and it is so breathtaking!

I kind of figured there were probably some permit issues at various stops. I have a family member who works in video production (not exercise videos, mostly concerts and sporting events and a few indie films) and he's shared some stories over the years.

I haven't gotten to Arizona yet. I'll have to try that one soon.

Leonana 04-19-21 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAC (Post 2921942)
I think all VFer's should post avatars of themselves with their kitties! The feisty feline in my avatar is Maggie. This summer it will be 2 years since she crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I miss her terribly, but have lots of good memories (like that picture!)

I'm sorry to hear about Maggie. Our Rajah is another feisty orange tabby. I put the pic of Rajah on my back in my VF Album.

laurajhawk 04-19-21 04:59 PM

My set just arrived! I might do one tonight and/or tomorrow after my Lift & Shift workout, because it's cold and nasty here so I won't be walking outside. I got mine from Mary, so no magnets - I wanted a more compact way to keep track of which ones I've done, and just realized I can check them off on the back cover of the case itself. I don't plan to do them in any particular order but I know I'll want to know which ones I have tried!

ETA: My avatar is my long-gone cat Pocket. He always enjoyed doing yoga with me. Now my workout buddy is Fifi -- with Lift & Shift I've finally found the program we can "do together", because the modifier is Jessica's pup Peanut, who just sleeps on the mat the whole time. :D

laurajhawk 04-23-21 05:26 PM

Thought I'd drop in here and report on my impressions. I've done Alabama and Alaska so far (starting alphabetical, don't promise to continue that way ;) ). These are a bit more strenuous and sweaty than I expected, and I like that; I like the bursts with a little impact. What I *don't* like is the "forward & back" that she does so, so much of. I realized after a few minutes of the first one that that was stressing my hip flexors, so I subbed for laps around my workout space, and sometimes for 4 steps forward/4 in place/4 back/4 in place (took the quick direction change out of it). Then on the second try, I jumped on my rebounder instead of some of the forward & backs. I enjoyed the workouts done this way.

Alabama was in front of a battleship, which was interesting for a few minutes, but nothing changed (there were people on the ship but they were distant & tiny). I liked Alaska better - a lake, mountains, and sunshine. Now that I see (upthread) that Arizona has beautiful scenery, I expect I'll do it next. :)

Gams 04-23-21 07:09 PM

Laura - New Mexico is cool, too, with all the hot air balloons in the background.

Pam61 04-23-21 08:06 PM

I've done eleven walks so far going in numerical order. Florida today was on a beach and Jenny had a few exercisers with her! I have to agree that the forward and back motion gets a little too repetitive. The Florida one had a lot of hamstring curls and that bothers my hip flexors more than just walking forward and back, but I'm still enjoying the beautiful scenery and Jenny's cheerful personality. I thought I would have done more walks by now, but have had to not do them so frequently.

I loved the idea of doing them in the order they became a state!

My next one on tap is my home state of Rhode Island, so looking forward to that very much!

I lived in Arizona but never made it up to Monument Valley, so can't wait to view that one!

cin777 04-24-21 06:18 PM

It looks like her Roku app (Freedom Fit) is now defunct :confused: