Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Working out after Covid Vaccines (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230602)

Leonana 04-17-21 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2921463)
I finally got an appointment !
I have been stalking sites for weeks.

Did you get the shot in your dominant or non dominant arm? I am right handed, but I have shoulder issues on my left side and sleep on my left side.

Non dominant left arm. I’m right handed. The main reason was because I was in my car, and my left arm faced the door. I usually get blood drawn from the right side, as they find it difficult to get a vein on my left. But the shot is in the muscle, so it didn’t matter.

Venus 04-19-21 05:25 PM

I went to a walk-in clinic on Thursday morning for my first Moderna vaccine dose. I was a little nervous, but it was fairly empty when I went so I was in and out pretty quickly. I filled out the form, got the vaccine, and waited a bit after. Actually, I waited almost 30 minutes after since there were only a few people and I had been nervous about a reaction. I got the shot in my dominant arm. I tried to move my arm around throughout the day and remembered to stay hydrated (thanks in part to this thread!).

I had a sore arm by late afternoon and a throbbing headache in the evening. Only a slight headache the following morning, and my arm was still sore and a little stiff. My arm was only slightly sore by Saturday, but I did feel tired and achy that day. I was fine by Sunday.

As far as working out, I did restorative yoga on Thursday evening. On Friday evening, my arm was still sore, but I could do yoga with down dogs. I kept it gentle this weekend.

bzar 04-20-21 08:41 PM

yes - hydration.

my 18 YO son took Moderna #1 last week and he was fine. i also suggested that he drink lots of water. they allowed retail employees, which applies to my son, to take the vaccine starting 2 weeks ago.

this week, they've opened it up to >16 YO as of yesterday.

Venus 05-15-21 05:08 PM

I had my second Moderna dose yesterday afternoon. I went with my dominant arm again. I moved my arm around and drank lots of water. My arm soreness started sooner this time around and I had a little swelling, too. By around 11 pm, I was tired, my entire body felt achy, and I had chills. I bundled up in layers and piled on the blankets. I felt pretty miserable all night, waking up with foot cramps and a throbbing headache. I prefer not to take Tylenol/Ibuprofen, but I did take Ibuprofen when I got up in the morning and still had a nasty headache. It helped. My arm is still a little sore and I've had a slight headache on and off all day.

Overall, I'm glad my reactions were fairly mild. Even though I felt miserable last night, the worst was only overnight. And the rest was manageable.

I did not work out yesterday. I feel well enough to do a light workout now, but I also feel achy and a little dizzy sometimes, so I will take it easy this weekend again.

Leonana 05-16-21 04:49 PM

Venus, I am glad you are feeling better.

Venus 05-17-21 08:29 AM

Thank you, Sherry. :)

Paula N 06-17-21 09:05 AM

I am so happy that I was able to get my second dose yesterday (Canada has had a policy of prioritizing getting as many first doses in arms as possible, and has just started to ramp up second shots within the past couple of weeks). I had no side effects. Extremely mild soreness at the injection site for a couple of hours, but it was hardly noticeable at all. Nothing at all today.

The mass clinic was very busy and also efficiently run; there was a constant stream of people entering and exiting the entire time I was there. Lots of young people getting their first shots, which was great to see.

I was able to do a YouTube step workout last night (MYND Fitness, one of my new favourites), and then a virtual dance class. No problems at all, and so relieved to being on my way to being protected. I am hoping this pace of vaccinations continues so they can finally reopen hair salons in the summer. Over a year since my last haircut and it shows!

Leonana 06-17-21 09:35 PM

Paula, that is great. I'm so happy for all of you in Canada.

Vintage VFer 06-19-21 11:10 AM

The nearest city to us has the lowest vaccine rate in the county. Folks just don't want to get on board. Even with vaccine lotteries and incentives! :(