Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   strength training question (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231774)

sherry7899 09-21-21 07:51 AM

strength training question

I was wondering if anyone does the same strength training workout twice a week for a few weeks? I am curious about strength gains if I stick to the same workout. I really like Cathe's ICE Metabolic workout since it does not use a step. Are there any drawbacks to keeping to the same workout for awhile?

I also enjoy body pump (have the beachbody set) but some days I am not in the mood to drag out my step.

Sherry

Bearybuff 09-21-21 08:23 AM

Yes, I do and I’ve increased poundage until I could match Cathe. I work out for health.

sherry7899 09-21-21 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearybuff (Post 2941557)
Yes, I do and I’ve increased poundage until I could match Cathe. I work out for health.

Thank you! I am working out for health, not appearance.

laurajhawk 09-21-21 08:26 AM

I've done that with Get Fit at 40+, and a long time ago with a workout from a book. I like seeing the improvement over time, and I get to where I don't have to think much about the moves so it is almost meditative.

alisoncooks 09-21-21 08:26 AM

I think it's a good idea.

donnamp 09-21-21 08:38 AM

I agree - I think it would be a good way of measuring progress over time. I think sometimes all the choices we have tend to make things more complicated for us!

Donna

sherry7899 09-21-21 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2941562)
I agree - I think it would be a good way of measuring progress over time. I think sometimes all the choices we have tend to make things more complicated for us!

Donna

Exactly!

Leonana 09-21-21 09:26 AM

I usually get my best results doing a rotation, which is the same strength workouts over six to eight weeks. I haven’t tried just one, but I would think it would also work.

Jane P. 09-21-21 09:36 AM

After a long hiatus, I wanted a workout plan that would help me gain strength in a systematic manner. I chose a workout plan from the book Ultimate You by Joe Dowdell. It is similar to the NROL books, but it starts out easier and progresses more slowly. Also the illustrations in the book are better. You don't have to constantly flip pages. Each exercise has a full page of its own

I am now on my 1st week of phase 2 after 4 wks of phase 1. I do total body strength at least twice a week, 3 times if I can fit it in. Granted, I started out quite light in weights so I progressed quickly. I'll have to see how I progress now that I'm using heavier weights and fewer reps, but I made definite improvements in strength.

There is a cardio component to the plan that involves Hiit, but I've been doing regular cardio for about 45 minutes 2X/wk.

I think the main thing is to pick something that you enjoy enough to stick with. You can do slight variations but stay with the main exercises in the plan. Also chart your workouts. It is satisfying to look over the progress you've made.

fanofladyvols 09-21-21 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane P. (Post 2941575)
I think the main thing is to pick something that you enjoy enough to stick with. You can do slight variations but stay with the main exercises in the plan. Also chart your workouts. It is satisfying to look over the progress you've made.

This^^ ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ

Go get it, Sherry!! :D:heart: