Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Binge-watching? (Aug 2021 Edition) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231562)

Laura S. 08-12-21 06:07 PM

We're almost done with the latest season of The Handmaid's Tale; we just started Virgin River, Season 3; I decided to re-watch Downton Abbey :love: and we're into the second season; and we continue watching City Homicide, an old Australian crime drama.

zraipel 08-12-21 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyHop (Post 2937079)
Currently making my way through Person of Interest, but took a break to watch some Star Trek: Lower Decks.

I think Lower Decks is great, but the pacing is a bit too fast for me. Wish they'd slow down the dialogue a bit.

Person of Interest is an all-time, top 5 favorite TV show of mine. I rewatch it about once a year.

I am currently binging The Ultimate Fighter series. I'm almost done with Season 1. I forgot about a lot of those guys that were around back then. I'm trying to reignite my MMA obsession. It was one of the things I really loved, but I lost it for a while. I think rewatching this show and some old UFC fights will get me back there ;) I found the UFC channel on Roku and the Fight Pass is only $10 a month and you can watch pretty much every season of TUF and any previous fight that you can imagine!

rhbrand 08-12-21 06:53 PM

(Hides face in shame) I'm watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm on season 5.
Yes, I've watched 4 seasons since late July when I started watching it again.

I'll move onto the other housewives when I'm done.
I just want mindless stupid tv I don't have to pay much attention to and that keeps my mind off (waves hands around) all this crap

sherry7899 08-12-21 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura S. (Post 2937112)
We're almost done with the latest season of The Handmaid's Tale; we just started Virgin River, Season 3; I decided to re-watch Downton Abbey :love: and we're into the second season; and we continue watching City Homicide, an old Australian crime drama.

I watched Season 3 of Virgin River. I am curious about your thoughts when you are done.

Joni O 08-12-21 08:17 PM

I loved The Americans and Virgin River. I'm now finishing the final season of Schitt's Creek. Hated it at first, waited months, went back to it, now love it and will miss it terribly!

yogapam 08-12-21 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2937093)
I am embarrassed to admit I am binge watching Long Island Medium. Please don't judge me!

Lol Sherry, I’d never judge! When I can’t sleep sometimes I watch snippets of Say Yes to the Dress on YouTube. :o

Right now I’m binging British crime shows on BritBox…..Silent Witness & DCI Banks.

Leonana 08-12-21 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2937126)
I loved The Americans and Virgin River. I'm now finishing the final season of Schitt's Creek. Hated it at first, waited months, went back to it, now love it wnd will miss it terribly!

I hated the beginning of the first episode and quit watching it before I finished it. Then my daughter convinced me to try it again, and we watched it together. I really missed it when I finished!

ncl 08-12-21 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kat999 (Post 2937111)
My husband and I have been bingeing The Americans on Prime (originally ran on FX from like '13 to '18). It's set in the early '80s and is about Soviet spies who infiltrate the US and pose as a suburban married couple. Really riveting, especially for folks who remember the early '80s very well and enjoy seeing callbacks to the fashion and pop culture.

I love The Americans! I am watching it through for the second time now.

We are watching Virgin River. Somehow we keep watching but it isn't that well done.

Joni O 08-12-21 09:06 PM

I think of Virgin River as a never-ending Hallmark movie. :D

sherry7899 08-12-21 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2937136)
I think of Virgin River as a never-ending Hallmark movie. :D

That is a very good description. I actually very much dislike Hallmark movies, so I don't know why I like this show!