Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Need recs for beginner yoga (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231295)

Gams 06-27-21 01:14 PM

Need recs for beginner yoga

Could anyone recommend some good beginner yoga DVDs?

sillygirl 06-27-21 01:55 PM

My favorite yoga DVDs are the Element ones with Alanna Zabel - beautiful scenery and I like her instruction style. I think at least 2 of the 3 DVDs I have include a nice 10-11 minute bonus meditation. I also have and like Beginning Yoga with Chrissy Carter. Another good one is the Weight Watchers Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe.

Marilyn 06-27-21 02:10 PM

I love Sarah Starr Happy Yoga Chair Yoga.

Pam61 06-27-21 03:48 PM

Jane Adams is very relaxing with beautiful scenery. She's good for beginners and seniors. One of my favorites of hers is her Lying practice on her Gentle Yoga DVD, but they're all great!

Pam61 06-27-21 03:52 PM

Another one I've used a lot is Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga for Balance, Flexibility and Mobility. I love the twenty minute practices for (Neck and Shoulders) and (Hips and Knees!)

alisoncooks 06-27-21 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam61 (Post 2931096)
Jane Adams is very relaxing with beautiful scenery. She's good for beginners and seniors. One of my favorites of hers is her Lying practice on her Gentle Yoga DVD, but they're all great!

I was going to recommend this, also -- but I always do, haha!

Pam61 06-27-21 04:10 PM

I don't know if you'd prefer male or female instructors, but I've been doing a number of Dean Pohlman's DVDs the last couple of months. He takes things slower and uses props (yoga strap, blocks) with many of his practices. He's very detailed with good explanation. Yoga Fix DVD has five twenty minute practices for every day of the week, but my most used practice of his is the AM (Rise) workout from his Yoga Charge DVD. I also like his Yoga Sharpen workout from his Yoga Boost DVD.

If you want to see if you like Dean's style, he's on YouTube under "Man Flow Yoga" and/or "Dean Pohlman." He's marketed his workouts online for men, but his yoga is great for everyone at any level.

Paine 06-27-21 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam61 (Post 2931096)

I agree! I love that one too. :)

Izzy 06-27-21 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam61 (Post 2931103)
I don't know if you'd prefer male or female instructors, but I've been doing a number of Dean Pohlman's DVDs the last couple of months. He takes things slower and uses props (yoga strap, blocks) with many of his practices. He's very detailed with good explanation. Yoga Fix has five twenty minute practices for every day of the week, but my most used practice of his is the AM (Rise) workout from his Yoga Charge DVD. I also like his Yoga Sharpen workout from his Yoga Boost DVD.

If you want to see if you like Dean's style, he's on YouTube under "Man Flow Yoga" and/or "Dean Pohlman." He's marketed his workouts online for men, but his yoga is great for everyone at any level.

I love Dean. His instructions are impeccable. His style is completely no nonsense. There is no spiritual aspect to his program.

Pam61 06-27-21 04:27 PM

For beautiful outdoor scenery, Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week is nice. But, this one is best for people who have done some yoga before, as Rodney moves quickly from pose to pose. I think there are better DVDs for learning proper form and alignment, but some days you don't want to hear a bunch of talking, so a younger Rodney can be very peaceful. If you're flexible already or are doing this one along with something else, it's fine. ;)