Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What are you streaming? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230170)

upperwside 01-06-21 10:19 AM

What are you streaming?

I mostly stream now as it's the way things are moving. My DVDs are collecting dust. I'm streaming Cathe live, KCM, Social Club, PowerStrikes Athletica, Beachbody and Romney Studios.

I pay up front for the whole year for all except Athletica as it's not an option. I just canceled Romney as I'm in love with Social Club.. And I was mostly using Romney for my light weight higher reps workouts. Social Club is so much fun, don't let those lighter weights and smaller movements fool you. It's effective and fun.

I'M LOVING the Athletica option only on Powerstrike.. It's great for metabolic strength and I want to support Illaria.

Beachbody, I like the new programs MBF, Lift4 and the boxing one. Also.. Old school Slim Series is a bad a%# classic.

Cathe, I love her metabolic workouts and PHA is the best!

KCM, well, my subscription is on hold.. Kicks back in next month and looks like she has a new boxing series on the bag that looks great.

I'm loving Naomi Joy on YouTube for my rebounder workouts right now.. She's amazing!!!

What are you streaming? If you are not, what your favorites right now on DVD or YouTube.

JackieB 01-06-21 11:16 AM

I am teaching a lot of classes myself.

I'm streaming Essentrics, Barre3, and Ellen Barrett. I love all three and feel like I utilize them enough to warrant the sub.

It's crazy how we have access to so many new workouts! We're spoiled!

frogribbit 01-06-21 11:29 AM

I've just started streaming as I've finally gotten so reliable Wi-Fi.

Your Daily Walk - Leslie Sansone
Team Body Project - trying it for 3 months
Lots of free Youtube options

Dontmindthemess 01-06-21 11:57 AM

I feel like I’m streaming almost everything right now!

Peloton- My husband uses this too, more than me right now. We haven’t really used it for anything other than spinning and shorter stretches.

Yvette’s Total Fitness- I really love Yvette’s workouts and this really gives you a bang for your buck. There’s over 80 workouts on there and it’s under $10 a month. I’m not using it as much the last few weeks since my work schedule changed and I’ve scaled back the intensity, but I did do one this morning.

Beach Body- Impulsively got this for 80 day obsession but I hated that Bootie workout so much that I may never do another. What a waste of time that was. I’ve been revisiting slim series too, but I have those dvds. I will try the express ones on demand.

Barre3- Another impulse subscription with the yearly sale price. I thought it would be good to have this for days I don’t want to jump and it really is, and the ones I’ve tried have left me surprisingly sore in a good way. I just haven’t been using it regularly, I’m not sure if I click with it.

Romney Studios- I’ve had this for a while since I got a good monthly rate. There’s something about this I really enjoy. The music is good, they’re tough and a bit different. They have a Tracy Anderson feel to them, but it’s not Tracy. I anticipate using this more with my current intensity level.

On YouTube I’ve used Penny Barnshaw a lot last year. Barlates is always a favorite too, but I usually use a dvd so I can play my own music over it.

In the past I’ve subscribed to Cathe Live and Pilates by Lisa and I think they’re both excellent and good values. During lockdown I did a couple months of Millionaire Hoy too. I’ve also tried Pvolve, but I just couldn’t get into it.

I’m tempted by Bounce Society and now by Social Club but I really have too many choices as it is.

I really prefer streaming, I love the live class feel and the vast selection without having to have dvds. I agree with Jackie that we have more choices than ever. I know it’s a controversial topic around here but I’m going to continue working out at home and I think streaming is the future of home workouts. My husband starting working out at home during our state lockdown and he loves Penny and our spin bike. He says he has no desire to go back to the gym.

Jane

laurajhawk 01-06-21 01:03 PM

I love Beachbody On Demand. I tend to circle back to LIIFT4 - I really love it - but I've tried a couple more recently that I like:

The Prep - Did a week of this and enjoyed it immensely. It's just the right intensity level for me (so I may never do The Work, and that's fine with me) and I like Amoila and the vibe of the group.

Morning Meltdown - I backburned my rotation of LIIFT4/The Prep/Walk Strong because I'm nursing an injured hip flexor and kept aggravating it. So right now I'm sticking to Jessica's walks for lower body. I used BOD search to find intermediate upper-body workouts, and landed on the Upbeat Strength workouts from Morning Meltdown. They're strictly upper-body, which is what I need, and I like Jericho, the live DJ, and the short length. They have a Les Mills Pump feel to them (which makes sense since Jericho was in BB's Les Mills Combat series).

pricek 01-06-21 01:45 PM

Beachbody On Demand, Kira Stokes Fit and Pilates By Lisa.

Kathy G 01-06-21 02:40 PM

Cathe Live - My favorite by far! I have been a subscriber from the beginning and will always renew. :) I do it every week and repeat my favorites.

iFit - They have expanded and now have an app for your TV, iOS device, or android device. You don't have to have an iFit enabled workout machine anymore (but you have to manually adjust it yourself if you don't). But if you have an iFit enabled machine, it will still control speed/incline but you can override either or both. All that to say, it's amazing on my 50" tv, lol! I love the outdoor workouts the most but they're putting out some great studio workouts too. And they are expanding on other genres such as weight lifting, yoga, etc.

You Tube - Caroline Girvan, Penny Barnshaw (Garage Fitness Girl), and Heather Robertson.

Beachbody - I bought early access to 30 Day Breakaway and 9 Week Control Freak.

Coffeyfit - I mostly just preview now, not enough workout time in a day!

Daily Burn - I resubscribed this year when they sent me a 50% off yearly offer. :o

Leonana 01-06-21 02:50 PM

I’m on a strict budget, so am not streaming anything at the moment. I use You Tube and dvds. On You Tube, I like Jessica Smith, and am looking for other instructors, but haven’t clicked with any yet.

I also like Justina Ercole, but she only has a few workouts on her you tube channel. I would be tempted to stream her content but it’s $50 a month. If Jessica goes to streaming, and it’s affordable, I’d probably subscribe to that.

DD546 01-06-21 03:00 PM

I don't stream workouts. I have a subscription to Get Healthy U TV because it was dirt cheap, but I never use it even though there are a lot of workouts that interest me. I've been considering Essentrics TV, but I'm afraid that I won't use it if I have it. I know they have a lot of exclusive content that isn't available on the DVDs, but I own so many DVDs, it's hard to justify spending the money, particularly when I may not use it or use it enough. I've also considered Body Groove, but again, I have to ask will I use it? I own a lot of DVDs (many of which I don't use), and I like using DVDs for workouts. To me it's easier than streaming, which probably doesn't make a lot of sense since I almost exclusively use streaming for my entertainment viewing.

rhbrand 01-06-21 03:12 PM

I have Cathe Live and Beachbody but I'm dropping Beachbody. I just don't use it, and hate they want me to pay extra to get first dips on new workouts, or wait months. Talk about a cash grab.

I also will stream a little from YouTube for free.

IceQueen07 01-06-21 06:11 PM

I have Coffeyfit and just subscribed to Essentrics, both for a year. I have also been doing Caroline Girvan and Heather Robertson from Youtube which I find I use more lately. So much variety with streaming, but not enough time to fit all the ones I want to do in.

diggerholliday 01-06-21 06:22 PM

BBOD seems to be popular! I had CoffeyFit but I let it lapse, I love her exercise style but sometimes the quality annoyed me. I might re-subscribe. I have Yoga Download which is really cheap and has some wonderful teachers. I re-subscribed to ALO moves because I always fall for their bright, aesthetically pleasing classes although I do find most to be beyond me. I somehow missed the Barre 3 sale or I probably would have subscribed to that instead. Right now I'm enjoying the Sweat app, I put on my own music and just run through the exercises at my own pace.

anetta 01-06-21 07:26 PM

Walking online workouts and ETV.

Anita

counterclockwise 01-06-21 07:49 PM

Cathe Live + On Demand. I just love making my own workouts with the WO blender. It’s where it’s at.

zraipel 01-06-21 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbrand (Post 2906385)
I have Cathe Live and Beachbody but I'm dropping Beachbody. I just don't use it, and hate they want me to pay extra to get first dips on new workouts, or wait months. Talk about a cash grab.

I also will stream a little from YouTube for free.

Rhonda, I miss your YouTube videos!!

Bluebelle 01-06-21 08:58 PM

I treated myself to my first streaming subscription for Christmas. I signed up for a year of essentrics. I just this week's live workout on my lunch hour and really enjoyed it.

Irisg1 01-06-21 09:27 PM

I love Les Mills. Combat and BodyPump are my favorites.

Verine 01-06-21 09:35 PM

I, too, almost exclusively use streaming or digital downloads. I have no desire to buy DVDs and much prefer the convenience of digital media. As Jane said, the future of fitness is definitely digital; there is no going back to DVDs, if you ask me.

Before I progressed in my pregnancy, I had subscriptions to ZGym (Zuzka Light), Millionaire Hoy, and Cathe Live. I dropped all three in my second trimester, but will definitely resume them at some point this year. ZGym is a real treasure trove of workouts, many of which are 20 min or less; I plan to resubscribe after my initial postpartum phase, esp since her workouts are fun and time-efficient. I started subscribing to Inner Dimension TV (Travis Eliot's site) at the end of my first trimester to do Lauren Eckstrom's prenatal yoga program and some of the meditations. I will drop it after I give birth later this month, but will subscribe again in the future b/c there are all sorts of programs and classes I would like to try.

I also have every Tonique workout as a digital download, and tons of Barlates and Hamelin D'Abell downloads. It is just so convenient having everything on an external hard drive rather than sifting through piles of DVDs. Plus you can take it everywhere and exercise in other locations (Tonique really inspires me to exercise outside when feasible).

Christina

rhbrand 01-06-21 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zraipel (Post 2906457)
Rhonda, I miss your YouTube videos!!

I might get back to them later this spring Between moving, and then well 2020, things were just weird. Once things get settled, maybe I'll get back to them again,

Melissa Baker 01-07-21 08:08 AM

Streaming Subscriptions

Great thread! I’m currently streaming:

The Ballet Physique
I live in Colorado and take classes at the studio as well (not currently; will return post-vaccine)
Barre3
Loving these! Barre3 is what initially got me interested in barre in 2012 (?). I took advantage of the sale and signed up for a year.
Jazzercise On Demand
I signed up for this at the beginning of the pandemic because I missed BP’s Cardio Dance classes. So fun!

donnamp 01-07-21 09:31 AM

Hi,

My regular subscriptions for this year, so far, are:

Ellen Barrett - what can I say, I just love her approach!

Jessica Valent Pilates - lover her PT approach to Pilates - I always feel better after working with her. She also offers more than Pilates - she has some weight training and HIIT workouts in her membership site as well as some PT type exercises.

Those are the only two that I pay for regularly. I will occasionally drop in for a month here and there to other sites.

At the moment, I have a subscription to Walking OnLine Workouts - I subscribed to enjoy the holiday walks, but my subscription ends on 1/15 and I'm not going to renew for now. I have a lot of options between my collection and You Tube for walking workouts - although, I have to admit, the music and scenery is awesome.

I'm considering joining Essentrics for a month or so...and Melissa Wood Health has caught my eye to try in the future.

For this year, I think I'll be happier switching up subscriptions rather than committing to a year-long membership - with the exceptions of Ellen and Jessica V - who make at least weekly appearances in my workout schedule.

I use You Tube pretty often - focusing lately on Pahla B and Yoga w/ Adriene. I plan to do more with Moving Mango, Lucy Wyndham Read, Yoga w/ Kassanda and AngieFitness TV this year.

Donna

SuzieC 01-07-21 09:52 AM

Over the last year, I streamed:
1. The Become project: I love Bethany's inclusive method. She provides so many modifications and no matter how my body was feeling, I could do the workout. The music is amazing.

2. Essentrics: Another go-to workout for me. If I skip Essentrics for more than a week, my body starts to complain.

I typically alternate Become Project and Essentrics. However, I do use the following streaming too:

3. Barre3: I have subscribed on and off to Barre3, but couldn't pass up their latest amazing yearly deal. I love the 10 minute workouts as add-ons, but also do the 30 minute workouts.

4. Walking online workouts: I also subscribe occasionally to Walking online workouts and it has been a great cardio option for me that does not bother my knees.

I also have a huge library of Purple Platform workouts including Jessica Smith, Leslie Sansone, Suzanne Bowen, Petra Kolber and Kathy Smith.

laurajhawk 01-07-21 10:43 AM

How could I forget... :) I'm also streaming local yoga classes with my favorite teacher! Lots of studios are livestreaming and recording classes because of COVID ... here, there are students in the studio, but the capacity is very limited and many of us aren't comfortable going. So the streaming is a really nice option - with the added benefit of recorded class libraries available to members.

kathym 01-07-21 12:49 PM

I usually do 3 services a year. This year it is:
1) tintyoga.com - Love flow yoga.
young ho kim inside yoga, matt giordano, duncan wong, desireee rumbaugh, budokon, barbara noh
2) essentrics tv - surprised how much I am using this. I usually do one 30-40 minute workout and then do another focused strength. I like the stretch and range of movement
3) This year I decided to try Bellicon. (video.bellicon.com) The instructors are quite professional and I am enjoying my rebounder again.

I still sometimes do alomoves as well. I buy a few Cathe streaming workouts a year.

Other previous years of streaming: Udaya, Les Mills, Cathe, YogaInternational, Omstars

warriorprincess 01-07-21 01:39 PM

Currently using Apple Fitness+ 3-month free trial. I don't see myself keeping this service. I really want to like this service since I'm a huge Apple fan, but it's just very ordinary.

Les Mills earlier in the year. I especially love Body Combat and Barre.

If I were to subscribe to another site, it would be neoufitness. Blake from BASE alone is worth it to me. I'm a huge fan. I also love the Jane Do dancers. Really great music on this site.

My most used Youtube sites are Lazy Dancer Tips and Fitness Marshall.

pharma_gal 01-07-21 03:00 PM

As a rule I only do one streaming site at a time. I did BOD for a few years which I loved then last year I did Millionaire Hoy. Unfortunately it was a bad year and I was not able to use the subscription much. I have canceled it since my year was up and am giving myself a break for now to use YouTube videos. I’m doing Pahla B and Sydney Cummings. I may do BOD later this year to try the new programs that have launched or I was thinking about Christa’s subscription Boxing and Bubbles. I love her boxing/kickboxing workouts. But I will wait until summer to start another subscription until I pick up my fitness a bit and am ready for more intense workouts.

zoegirl 01-07-21 03:13 PM

The Balanced Life pilates with Robin Long. I've never been a big pilates fan but really like Robin and love the beach scenery.

anetta 01-07-21 04:46 PM

Now I want to try Jazzercise on Demand, I will have to check that out.

Thank you
Anita

sillygirl 01-07-21 10:15 PM

My current subscriptions are -
  • Barre3
  • Brooke Burke Body
  • Fabletics FIT
  • FitOn
  • Openfit
  • The Balanced Life Sisterhood
  • Tone It Up

Fabletics FIT is a new workout app free for Fabletics VIP members. All the workouts on FitOn are free! I just pay the small annual fee to be able to choose from different music genres (among other PRO features). I use and pause my Brooke Burke Body subscription throughout the year. The rest of the subscriptions have annual discounts.

My goal this year is to pare down to 3 paid subscriptions. Too many options and workouts, not enough time. :o It's going to be hard since I like them all for various reasons!

tiffanywu 01-08-21 12:15 AM

The only streaming service I use is MyYogaWorks.com and it's because my company offered employees a free one-year subscription when the pandemic hit and we were given directions to work from home... I do enjoy exploring the variety of yoga practices there and if I had more time, would explore more widely and frequently but thus far, there are only 4 practices I've deemed to be favorites (i.e. worth doing over and over again the way I do with many of Eoin Finn's DVDs and podcasts). I have 3 more months of my subscription so will try to figure out what's really good there! But I doubt I will sign up myself since there's so much in my DVD + CD + podcast + MP3 collection and also on YouTube.

Aside from that, I'm just supplementing my DVDs with select YouTube goodies (Jessica Smith, Do Yoga With Me, Team Body Project, Jenny Ford, some rebounding stuff and a few other things that may or may not be legally uploaded!) I only have so many hours in a day to be active via exercise routines (vs. walking/biking/hiking with my family)...

Cola 01-08-21 12:32 PM

i use youtube, the fiton app and walk outside because they are free.
plus lots of dvds that i already own. and vhs tapes. and vhs tapes that ive converted to digital format.

i have so much stuff that i dont need to pay for anything new, however i totally understand if a person really likes a certain instructor / method of exercise. i do tend to jump around my collection a lot, doing 'variety' rotations so id need a whole bunch of subscription services, lol

maybe i will get bored of what i have in the future though and would like a subscription then, you never know!

rriggs 01-11-21 05:18 PM

I have the Peloton service for my bike and they have all kinds of great workouts off of the bike.
I just subscribed to Shine Dance Fitness :love:
And I am also currently subscribing and loving The Montana Method.

I had BOD and Les Mills but I have cancelled both for now.

seabliss 01-11-21 07:28 PM

I am thankful for streaming in these times when days threaten to blend together! Because of that feeling, I think, and being cooped in, I tend to do newly-released workouts from some of my favorites if they look good to me. I'm doing mostly Heather Robertson, with some Fitness Blender, Blogilates, Jessica Smith, and a bit of Bodyfit by Amy. Oh, and I'm also getting my steps mostly with Rick Bhullar. I wish Fitness Blender and Jessica would release more during this time. But I'm so thankful for online workouts. The newness helps keep me sane, lol.

loverly7 01-11-21 09:51 PM

I have a lot of streaming services. I always pay for a one year membership unless it is only offered on a monthly payment.

1) Les Mills On Demand

2) Beachbody On Demand

3) Shine Dance Fitness

4) Jazzercise On Demand

5) The Fitness Marshall on YouTube (I pay for his workouts, which I love. I have the Booty Army Elite membership, which give his strength and 60 minute workouts.)

I have the free subscriber for Liveloveparty.tv on YouTube, which I like but almost never use.

I’ve tried a variety of free trials and considered many more, but the above is what I have now and like. I’m considering adding Essentrics, but haven’t decided yet.

I can’t tell you the last time I did a workout DVD. I purged almost my entire collection and only have between one and two dozen dvd workout videos left. I don’t miss the ones I got rid of either. Not a bit.

momofcha 01-11-21 10:15 PM

Barre 3 and Lauren’s Playground. Love them both but I am surprised at how much I’m loving the barre 3 workouts

zraipel 01-11-21 10:46 PM

I finally have reliable, fast internet, so I signed up for the free trial of Buti TV. I love it!! I'm probably going to keep the subscription past the trial. There is a lot of content and I think it will be a good compliment to the other workouts I've been doing lately.

In the past, I've done Les Mills on Demand and Beachbody on Demand here and there, but I never end up using them as much as I anticipate and it isn't worth it. Plus, with BBOD , I have almost all of their systems on DVD and the newer programs don't interest me as much. With Les Mills, BodyCombat is the only group I really like, and I prefer the DVD set vs. the live setting for those workouts.

I might try out the Fitness Marshall's paid service soon because I love his energy! He is like the modern day Richard Simmons :D

Gale K. 01-12-21 08:38 AM

I stream Bellicon Home, Barre3 and the Sarah Beth Yoga app. Its all a good combo form me!

TinaT 01-12-21 08:44 AM

Is anyone streaming the Firm workouts through PivotShare? I have so many of the dvds, but there are a few I'd love to do that just aren't available anymore. Is $19.99 a month a good deal?

gigi 01-12-21 06:52 PM

Cathe and Beachbody (MBF, MBFA, The Work Prep, The Work are my current BB faves). Right now I'm doing Cathe's January rotation.

Helen 01-12-21 07:10 PM

Only YouTube (free version).

I'm currently working through my discs, saving them to file so when the discs are too old to play (deteriorated/scratched) I can either reburn them or play the file version.