Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lisa Kay and Sarah Ivanhoe on new Bean infomercial (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=92587)

dutchgirl 09-29-06 12:09 PM

Lisa Kay and Sarah Ivanhoe on new Bean infomercial

Apparently the manufacturers of The Bean have redone their infomercial. Lisa Kay, the former Firm master instructor, is the 'fitness professional' and 'host' of the new infomercial. I hardly recognized her as she has dyed her hair very blonde, but the minute she spoke, yup, it's Lisa Kay.

Sarah Ivanhoe also appears as a fitness expert giving her thumbs up for The Bean.

The new infomercial focuses on how The Bean will melt away that layer of fat and you'll then get firm flat abs. Since when was The Bean an aerobic workout?

I guess this was the 'new venture' that was mentioned when Lisa left the Firm a few months back.

cherimac 09-29-06 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchgirl
I guess this was the 'new venture' that was mentioned when Lisa left the Firm a few months back.

Someone on ya-yas did some "detective" work and found that Lisa has applied for a patent for some kind of new weight device toon.

bluecaffeine 09-29-06 02:47 PM

I saw the infomercial. Very cool to see Lisa and Sarah, but I still think the Bean looks like a silly product. :o

superfit41 09-29-06 02:51 PM

I just saw the "Bean" at Academy yesterday! It kind of looks neat, but I dont think I want another inflatable device cluttering up my house! :D Well, of course I might get it if I hear good things about it, but I will wait. Not willing to be the guinea pig on this one. I am suprised to hear about Lisa Kay. She has always been one of my favorite Firm instructors. I wish her well!

Sherry :)

Cardiogirl 09-29-06 03:31 PM

I like Lisa. I hope everything works out for her. But when people see her endorsing all these products (The FIRM, The Bean, her own product...) they might doubt her credibilty. :(

LoYoMo99 09-29-06 03:59 PM

I've had the Bean for over a year. I like it.

I use it in lieu of a weight bench when lifting weights. I also like it to do ab work on. There is a nice back stretch you can do on it if you flip it over.

I have a small Sharper Image stationary bike (it is just a pedal mechanism) that is meant to used while sitting on a chair or on the floor. I use the Bean to sit on when I use that.

The Bean does come with a DVD and cards that show the different exercises you can perform on it but I really don't use either of them. I don't have the attachment with tubing. The tubing thingy wasn't offered when I bought mine.

It certainly isn't the be-all end-all of exercise equipment but it isn't a useless piece of junk either.

IIRC they have a money back guarantee that even covers shipping if you buy it and don't like it. I did have to get in touch with customer service (and they were VERY nice) because my Bean developed a slow leak at one of the seams. They sent me a new Bean in just a few days and the replacement has been fine ever since.

Lorey

lindmcg 09-29-06 06:18 PM

When was the infomercial on? Do you remember what channel and the hour more or less? I saw the old one a while ago and was tempted, but it was either the bean or some concert tickets. The tickets won. I would like to see it to see Lisa Kay. She almost killed me in FBC and ACB.

plcm111195 09-29-06 06:27 PM

I don't watch much TV unless it's hockey season. :D What's the best way to find a particular infomercial? I'd love to see Lisa Kay.

antbuko 09-29-06 06:40 PM

The infomercial is on nearly every day - even weekdays. It's on your usual infomerical channels in wee hours.

monterey vidiot 09-29-06 08:13 PM

Walmart has the Bean in their sporting goods section.

Cynthia