Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Margaret Richard & Friends 2022 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232198)

donnamp 01-01-22 08:30 AM

Margaret Richard & Friends 2022

Hi!

Whether you workout w/ Margaret exclusively or just once in awhile - please join us!

Let's hope for a good 2022 together!

Donna

donnamp 01-01-22 08:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

To start the year off today, so far, has been:

Silver & Fit - Advanced Yoga w/ Stacey Lei 12/30/21 - this was a nice routine, it used one yoga block as a prop.

I may do something later, maybe a strength workout.

Hope everyone has a good day and start to the new year.

Donna

Pat58 01-01-22 10:14 AM

Happy New Year everyone! :music:

Thank you for starting us off, Donna. Sounds like you started 2022 with boots on!

DH is doing better, thanks for asking. He gets up for a while then goes back to bed. We had a little talk about visiting the cardiologist so that's a goal.

I ended the year doing nothing except a reading marathon to achieve my 50 books goal. No walks or gym or anything. :o I meditated yesterday morning for my yoga sadhana and went to bed around 10:00. I'm feeling good after a day of total rest.

Does anyone have New Year's resolutions? I really don't, just a promise to myself to keep on doing my best and get some more decluttering done, which was already a work in progress.

amoodygirl 01-01-22 03:32 PM

Happy New Year!

Our disabled cat, Christopher, is sick and it has been stressful. We have him in a separate room that’s wall to wall wee wee pads covered by $5 yoga mats (easily washable). I just got done giving him a bath because he had explosive diarrhea. Yesterday he projectile vomited on me so it’s been a fun couple of days! I say cautiously that he seems a tad better each day.

Anyway, I was too tired for a full on workout so I did a 45 minute Bad Yogi practice, which is exactly what I needed. I’m knee deep in cat laundry and that’s about all I’ve been doing! Tomorrow I’m planning on a Body Electric workout followed by cardio.

Pat I hope your DH is feeling better. After my booster, I had mild flu symptoms and took Tylenol and rest. New Year resolution for me is really try to consistently meditate. I’m such a worrier and I definitely need to meditate daily. Other than that, just to survive this pandemic! My entire sister’s family has it. Those who were boosted have what appears to be a bad cold. Those who are just vaccinated have what seems like a really bad flu. Everyone is on the mend, thankfully!

Donna thank you for starting this new check in!

I wish for us all a wonderful 2022. It has to be better than the last two years!

Waves to Pam and Summer Breeze!

yogapam 01-01-22 06:41 PM

Happy New Year!

Todays workouts:
~1 hour+ walking in the alpine village, lots of snow & lots of hills
~Calming Moon Salutation Flow (YT)- This was another nice wrist free practice
~1 hour of yin on my own

Donna - Thanks for starting us off!

Pat - My only resolutions are to keep moving & do more yoga.

Diane - Sorry your kitty is ill! :( I a lot of guided and sound bath meditations last year for my new year Sadhana. I have gotten away from them and they really were helpful with relaxation & reducing covid anxiety.

Waves to all!

Pat58 01-02-22 10:55 AM

Good morning, happy Second Day of 2022. 01-02-2022, hmm. Yesterday featured:

~ Annual New Year's Day beach meditation/walk
~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 16, 2,000 steps Walk At Home
~ YWK Yin Yoga for Serenity
~ 6,898 steps

I also worked on my square pose a/k/a double pigeon. The beach was unusually quiet, the tide was super low from the new moon and even the water was very calm. Usually I see lots of geese, ducks, etc. but yesterday I only spotted one cormorant and a handful of gulls.

Diane, poor Christopher sounds so sick. :( Best wishes with your meditation practice, it really does help. Sometimes I only have time for 5 minutes in the morning, but even that short amount improves my day.

Good morning Pam, Donna and Summer Breeze!

summer breeze 01-02-22 11:19 AM

Hi all !!

So many people I know have come down with covid this past week:eek: It's very scary. I hope the schools around here go remote for a few weeks but who knows. Both of my kids are teachers and I'm very concerned for them. Especially DS who teaches middle school where many kids aren't vaccinated. DD teaches at a community college but still with so many cases around no one is safe.

DONNA, thank you so much for starting us off for the New Year! Hope DD is doing well.

PAT, your beach walk sounds lovely as always. Hope DH is on the mend. I don't do resolutions but doing my best and decluttering are certainly ones I should follow.

DIANE, so sorry about Christopher. I truly hope there is small improvement each day.
{{hugs}}

PAM, enjoy your winter wonderland.

Happy New Year and best wishes for happiness and good health to all!

donnamp 01-02-22 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I also managed to do:

CocoLime Fitness - 30 min Cardio Tone - Suzanne from CL Fitness offered another special $1 for your first month - so I signed up again. I wouldn't subscribe at full price - $14.99, but these $1 months are good for me. If her price were lower - like in the Ellen B range I'd probably subscribe regularly but her stuff is nothing I want to do regularly, if that makes sense. For me, I guess if I'm paying for a site I want to use it most of the time..... anyway, this was a cardio/body weight routine, nothing too taxing.

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Herniated Disc - this was on You Tube a nice add on.

Today, so far, has been:

CL Fitness - 30 Min Full Body With Weights

Man Flow Yoga - Yoga for Sciatica - I did this one a few days ago. It really hits the spot for me. Ironically, the pigeon and figure 4 type poses tend to really irritate something. I do better w/ working on opening my hip flexors rather than stretching the piriformis.

I may do Annie Pilates PT - piriformis exercises w/ the band - those hit the spot for me too as it works to strengthen my glute/hip area.

VERY dreary weather here....

We are having some major plumbing work done here this week - it is going to be a major PITA, but hopefully will be worth it to avoid emergency plumber calls. Then, at some point we are having some painting done. January is going to be a pain with all of this going on but hopefully it will be worth it.

For now my only real "plan" for working out is to do Man Flow Yoga's Mission: Daily Yoga - plus whatever else I feel like doing.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday, unfortunately, back to work for me tomorrow.

Summer Breeze - I know, cases are rising here as well. My DD is doing much better, but she is planning to get her booster this week. I wish she would put it off - but there is no talking to her. I understand the desire to get it but I'm just worried w/ it being so close to her having mono.

Pat - I'm jealous of your beach walk!! Sounds very nice and peaceful.

Pam -very nice workouts as usual!

Diane - Yikes, poor Christopher and poor you. I hope he is feeling better.

Oh - I haven't even thought about resolutions - I think I'm just going to take everything one day at a time.

Donna

yogapam 01-02-22 08:45 PM

A quick fly by for me…

Today was a rest day of sorts…
~40 minute Lunar Flow Yoga (YT)

We left the ski resort in a crazy blizzard, the truck was literally buried in the parking lot this morning. :eek: So our drive down was slow, but the snow turned to rain once we got down lower and closer to the sea. We had a great time! :heart:

Waves to all!

amoodygirl 01-03-22 05:37 AM

Good morning, everyone,

Well, we made it through the holidays. I've had maybe 4 hours of sleep but this too shall pass. Christopher is still with us and we made it through the weekend without having to go to the emergency vet. Still, he is not feeling well at all. The gabapentin really makes him, first, very loopy and he has a harder than normal time getting around and crawling into his tent where he does his business. Therefore I have cleaned quite a lot of poo and pee and managed to not step in it. Thankfully we prepared for this by having all the floors covered in wee wee pads, then a large rug, then $5 yoga mats from Five Below covering the floor. The yoga mats make it easier for him to get around. Getting him to the vet today one way or another.

So, workouts - today there won't be any but yesterday:
Body Electric Perfect 10 - Program 2A- Abs, inner and outer thighs, pecs and triceps. Followed by Bad Yogi's I Am Challenge Day 1.

Wish us luck. My husband is so bereft at the thought of losing him and, although I love the boy, I don't want him to suffer and have to keep a cool head. Something is going on that we're hoping an x-ray will tell us.

Have a great day guys and sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

donnamp 01-03-22 09:47 AM

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast

Blessful Body - New Year's Moving Vision - which was essentially a Pilates-Fusion style workout - there was some upper body, some abs and some lower body. I am finding that I need to avoid any type of "curling" movement in my spine - so many Pilates exercises need to be modified to avoid those rounded back postures. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - but I figure why do something that is going to aggravate my back. I did find substitutes to do! I signed up for a $1/1 week trial at Blessful Body. I have subscribed in the past, I like Ky but eventually get bored w/ her stuff, but I felt the need to do one of her routines today. I will probably cancel before I'm charged the $24/month fee. These sites are just to expensive unless you are going to be a regular/daily user!

I do plan to do Man Flow Yoga - Mission : Daily Yoga today - it is a 12 min stretch. I will be able to squeeze that in somewhere. Jessica Valent is also putting up 5 min routines all week.

Diane - ((HUGS)) on Christopher - you will do what is right when you need to. It is very hard though. I know my Lab will likely not see 2023, she isn't there yet, but you just know sometimes.

Hope everyone has a nice day - start to the first work week in 2022!

Donna

Pat58 01-03-22 12:25 PM

Good morning friends! I'm not moaning too loud this Moan Day since it is a vacation day. :D Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 15 treadmill and 45 weight machines + dumbbells
~ Short beach walk
~ YWK New Year Intention Setting Yin
~ 5,352 steps

I don't often get to enjoy a full hour of yin, it was so nice. :love:

Summer Breeze - COVID has gotten several of my friends, too. I don't blame you for being worried about your children.

Donna, it sounds like you've found some good streaming deals.

Diane, sending prayers for you and your little buddy. :(

Pam, I'm glad you made it through all that snow! Wow!

yogapam 01-03-22 07:15 PM

Hello everyone!

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s Toning Walk from her Walk On 30 day set
~30 Min Hands Free Yoga Flow (YT)

Your yin sounds heavenly Pat! :heart:

Donna - I find a lot of these streaming subs to be so pricey!

Diane - Aw poor Christopher, it’s so hard when our pets get older and infirm. I hope you got some answers at the vet. Sending you (((hugs))).

Waves to summer breeze!

donnamp 01-04-22 08:14 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on, during lunch:

Lucy Wyndham-Read 7 Min Workout to Lose Belly Fat - this is part of her New Year's challenge - you are to repeat this workout for 7 days - not sure I could do that, but LWR does have a nice variety of 7 min workouts that work well for "extra movement" at lunch time.

Man Flow Yoga - Gentle Morning Stretches - these stretches could be done at any time of day - a good break from sitting, It was only 12 minutes.

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Yoga Tone

Blessful Body -Pilates Complete Core - this was a nice variety of exercises. Nothing special or extraordinary

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - still dealing w/ back pain - and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. This did seem to help a bit.

Our plumbing work starts today! I'm not really planning a formal rotation until it is over - and possibly until my painting work is over, too, but I think that will depend on when the painters can come. But I want low key and low stress while having this work done.

Diane - how are things w/ Christopher?

- Take care ---

Donna

amoodygirl 01-04-22 09:13 AM

Good morning!

Workouts first - the fun part of my day!

3 sets of pushups
Bad Yogi's PBYP Week 1 Day 2

I may be adding a Lesley 20 minute practice in the afternoon.

Christopher is doing well. The vet squeezed us in yesterday and I flew to their office. Getting through Saratoga Springs on any day is maddening and add in school buses and traffic lights not timed in my favor but I was only 15 minutes late.

He had 2 chest x-rays and a full physical. Thankfully no cancer. Chris has asthma and the vet saw that clearly on the x-rays. So, I came home with antibiotics, as he had an ear infection that I was treating and a possible upper respiratory; an probiotic to help with his flora while taking meds as he has some irritable bowel issues; and more gabapentin, which I will now give him a half dose. He's definitely on the mend although being annoyingly vocal, more like deep bellowing. Don't know where that's coming from. I continue to give him his inhaler twice a day. He's really a pretty good patient!

My husband couldn't come with me because we had Culligan here changing the water filters so someone had to stay home. Gerry was terrified that I would put him down without him there. I told him that would never happen. He's so happy he's going to be OK, as am I. But it is a lot of work getting these guys healthy.

Donna - It's so hard watching animals we love start to deteriorate. I hope your lab has a great 2022 and can go out happy. That's all I want for any animal or any person. I also signed up for the Man Flow yoga. Will get to that later this week. How can you beat $9???

Pat - Your prayers worked! Thank you - he's definitely on the mend. I held my mala in my hand, reciting "health" on each bead this morning as my mantra. Health for all of us and our planet. Some really screwy things are happening because we have totally disrespected Mother Nature. I always say to my husband I'm glad we're old - I don't want to see what could possibly happen to our beautiful planet. :(

Pam - Thank you for the hugs - they were all needed! He's still a whiny boy but fingers crossed he'll slowly stop. It's making both of us crazy as we don't know what he wants or needs!

Summer Breeze - I would be concerned about your kids too. However, I watched an interview with a doctor and they stated why kids are safer in school than not (unless they are distance learning at home). There are protocols in place that hopefully will keep them safe. But kids are kids so your worry is not misplaced. I know so many people with Covid right now - my niece (vaxxed but not boosted), her fiance (vaxxed but not boosted), my brother-in-law, vaxxed and boosted and I will have to assume my sister has it as well. Everyone went to the Christmas gathering, we chose to stay home and I'm so happy we did. Thankfully all are on the mend and some have now tested negative.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Pat58 01-04-22 09:23 AM

Good morning all! Moaning on Tuesday here, because I'm back at the office. Yesterday was another slug fest of reading, but at least I managed:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 17, 8 Minute Standing Pilates
~ Day 18, 10 Minute Standing Glutes
~ YWK Evening Yoga Challenge Day 6, Yin Yoga for Sore Muscles
~ 3,320 steps

Pam, your hands free yoga sounds good. I'll look up some of those - depending on the instructor those hands free practices can fry your lower body.

Donna, I like that LWR too but agree with you - seven days would bore me. I like her whole new 7 day series though.

Aw Diane I'm glad my prayers worked and that Christopher is feeling better. I love your mantra and am sure your prayers were the deciding factor. I saw Margaret's sale and am tempted, but wish she billed in monthly installments instead of a big chunk. It's six of one and half dozen of the other, but still ... I get sad about the planet too, especially when I'm visiting my beach.

Good morning to you, Summer Breeze - I hope you and your kids are okay.

yogapam 01-04-22 04:02 PM

Today's workouts:
~20 minute Standing Yoga Flow (YT): https://youtu.be/XdA8eh0tSnY
~taught a standing/barre Essentrics class

Diane - So happy Christopher is on the mend!

Pat - Some of the standing flows are more of a workout than others and some have more balance work. I especially like the lunar flow ones as they move you around the mat.

Donna - I hope your plumbing work and painting go smoothly!

donnamp 01-05-22 07:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

The plumbing work went smoothly yesterday - they were here for 11 hours - most of it is done, they are coming back to finish one bathroom and clean up. I have giant holes in my ceiling though - but we were planning on some painting work anyway - so all will be well....eventually. I can't complain though - it was something we talked about doing for years and put off b/c of the expense, inconvenience and dread. So, at least the inconvenience and dread is now out of the way.

Today's workout was a short one b/c I was tired and wanted to make sure I was showered, dressed and ready for whenever the plumbers come

Ellen - Gentle Barre

I hope to add something else on today - depending on when the plumbers leave

I see Beth - Trifecta is opening up her membership. I'm going to hold off though - i think her site is great, but I am not sure how much I would focus on it and it is expensive. I also still have Jessica Valent for another 6 months. Maybe after my membership in Jessica's site ends I'll join Trifecta.

I see Robin Long/The Balanced Life is offering a free 7 day trial. I may join for 7 days - I'm not sure how much I would use her stuff regularly and her site is also not cheap!

I like that there are some instructors on You Tube who are doing a monthly calendar for a small fee - Caroline Jordan does that - for $10 a month you can join her Patreon and get access to a monthly calendar. I think Angie Fitness TV does that as well for $3. Honestly, the reason I like membership sites so much is the calendar - it makes it easier for me to decide what to do. I also like that w/ these You Tube/Patreon programs they are always open and you can drop in and drop out as often as you like. I really dislike the sites that close memberships for a period of time - I just don't get it! I really don't believe it serves the client/customer better - I think it is to get people to subscribe for fear of missing out.

Diane - I'm glad Christopher is doing well.

Anyway -hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Pat58 01-05-22 09:09 AM

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 19, Low Impact for Healthy Weight Loss
~ Kate Vantucci Yoga Neck Release
~ 5,921 steps

The yoga was super gentle, and the workout short, but I was very tired all day and am proud of myself for accomplishing that. I found Kate to be a bit of a hoot, and liked the interesting use of the yoga strap. Bonus: my neck and traps feel quite relaxed today, and I'm not wearing my shoulders for earrings.

Donna, good news about the plumbing. Good luck with the remainder of the job.

Pam, I love lunar flows too. Hmm, I should get out Shiva's Lunar Flow for the sadhana.

Sending hugs to Summer Breeze, Diane and Christopher.

amoodygirl 01-05-22 05:00 PM

Hi there!

So, I've caught up on sleep, Chris is feeling better, and I'm on track with my workouts.

Gymbox Step - 30 minutes.
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge - today's mantra was PEACEFUL

This afternoon I did Mark Lauren's Mobility RX, workout 1. Oh.....My.....Goodness.... this was tough but in a good way. Four exercises performed 5 times, 3 rounds. Very, very different movements but I have a feeling this is going to be something I will keep returning to. I'll know when I wake up tomorrow!

Pat - I decided to pass on Margaret's sale this time around. She'll have another soon enough. I have enough Body Electrics that I recorded on VHS a million years ago and converted to DVD plus I have all her programs. I just didn't want to commit for a year. Six months at a time is more my speed! Christopher says thank you for the hugs!

Pam - I'm definitely going to check out Essentrics and Classical Stretch. After doing a mobility workout this afternoon, I'm intrigued at what these types of exercises can do for my aging bones!

Donna - Glad your plumbing went well. It's always nerve wracking to have work done in the house. I'm so tempted by so many sites but the cost of memberships is too much. I know myself - I get all excited about something but get bored and move along and then swing back. I'm not very cost effective in that way!

Hi Summer Breeze! Hope all is well!

That's about it for now - until tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening, everyone!

Pat58 01-06-22 09:09 AM

Morning all! We're gearing up for our first measurable snowstorm tomorrow. Sigh! I'm feeling envious of Pam for sure! Anyway, yesterday featured:

~ LWR Advent Calendar Day 20, 20 Minute Walk and Tone
~ Day 21, 8 Minute Standing Abs
~ YWK Yin Yoga & Affirmations for Intuition
~ 7,136 steps

I have two more of Lucy's Advent workouts and then I want to get Margaret back into rotation. I plan to finish the last workout on 1900 disc 1 and then do other workouts - the one with the palm trees sounds good, is that Strong & Limber?

Diane, that's great you have a lot of Body Electrics. I have a scant few that a VF'er burned for me and I love them.

Everyone have a lovely day!

summer breeze 01-06-22 11:17 AM

Hi all !!

Not much news here. Hunkering down for some snow tonight, that's about it. Laying low for the most part trying to avoid any illnesses.

DIANE, glad Christopher is on the mend and you got some sleep. I have almost all of MR's dvds so I passed on her *overpriced* IMO streaming. I did like it but barely used it so a no brainer for me.

PAT, great job keeping on through it all. It's not easy that's for sure. Good luck to both of us with this snow coming tonight.

DONNA, yay on the plumbing job being complete. Good luck with the rest of the work being done.

PAM, always lovely workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

donnamp 01-06-22 11:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

I slept in this morning and have been a bit behind as a result. I did need a good night's sleep though.

Plumbing work is done - woo hoo! Although, a funny story, they forgot to turn the power back on to the hot water heater before they left - so I thought I had another emergency on my hands this morning - but fortunately it was an easy and no cost fix, LOL!

Getting painters lined up for the painting job and repair work is next. It is a friend's company that we use.

Anyway....

Today's workout was:

Lively Ladies - Strength & Cardio Using Light Weights - this is one she uploaded on Monday. I enjoyed it - I like this instructor, the word "comforting" comes to mind whenever I workout with her. This was a pretty challenging workout - it reminded me somewhat of the Firm's 4 Limb stuff.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Yoga - I think she uploaded this one on Monday as well. It was a nice short session to add on this morning.

I do want to get something in this afternoon at lunch for some extra steps and activity. I didn't get anything extra in yesterday between work and then putting the house back together after the plumbers.

We are also supposed to get some snow here overnight.

There is so much free on You Tube it is hard to justify spending money on a streaming service!

I am thinking that maybe I'll do 3 Lively Ladies workouts per week - Trish uploads on Mon-Wed-Fri. So I can do those and then on the in-between days do whatever strikes my fancy. I am just not good w/ following a strict plan. I think the LL workouts will help me to get back into some sort of shape for doing more advanced work - she often blends cardio/toning into each workout. They are probably not "enough" for a true strength program, but I need to take baby steps, LOL!

Summer Breeze - how is your back feeling?

Hope everyone has a good day - Thursday already.

Donna

yogapam 01-06-22 10:03 PM

Hello, I’m still here!

We headed off to warmer climes for a few weeks. Yesterday was a long travel day so I got in a nice stretch at bedtime.

Today’s offerings:
~Adriene’s Moon Practice (YT)
~long walk, 17,000+ steps
~yin forward bends & hip stretches

Waves to all!

amoodygirl 01-07-22 06:47 AM

Good morning, all!

Things are still pretty hectic around here. I've never done so much laundry as I have lately. Today is a cleaning day after my workout, which will include more laundry. So grateful for my washer and dryer!

Yesterday's workouts:
4 sets of pushups
Lesley Slow Flow Yoga with a core focus

In the afternoon, I did Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Week 1 Day 3 practice. This practice is phenomenal for hips, hamstrings, sciatica - I love this one!

Pat - what do you use to count steps? I'm still vacillating between FitBit, Garmin or an Apple Watch.

Summer Breeze - I so agree about Margaret's streaming. Even with the discounted price, it's still $13.99 a month. I have so many to choose from that I passed this time. Maybe down the road. And laying low is a smart thing to do! My brother-in-law is a judge in NYC and there was an article about how anyone who enters the courts will most definitely leave with Covid. He is fine, vaxxed and boosted and generally a healthy guy but the worry is still there. We all have to be mindful of our movements in relation to protection against this virus. You guys down south will be getting real snow. So far, we've gotten a few days of 2-3 inches, which in Upstate NY is like a day at the beach!

Donna - I don't envy you having work done in the house. It's so disrupting but the end result is wonderful!

Pam - Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

donnamp 01-07-22 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Cardio - this was from Wed 1/5 - this was body weight exercises done at a cardio pace. it was easier than the workout I did yesterday w/ weights.

Man Flow Yoga - Mission: Daily Yoga - Beginner's spinal essentials. I enjoyed this one - slow paced, good instruction, longer holds.

Diane - I will check out that practice from Erin - thanks! Good luck w/ your cleaning. Painters will be here next week - Wed/Thurs - I'm looking forward to the end result, if not the process!

Yes, Pam -enjoy your travels!

Hope everyone has a good day! Happy Friday.

We did get some snow overnight. It is pretty but I'm glad I telework.

Donna

Pat58 01-07-22 01:27 PM

TGIF! I'm home snowbound, my work was cancelled in advance yesterday. We have about five inches and it seems to be melting in the sun already. The grocery store was a madhouse last night and the shelves were empty. It was literally scary. It was worse than when we were in full lockdown. There was no meat out, just lots of packages of the non-meat ground up stuff. No juice, no eggs, no salad greens, hardly any frozen food, I could go on. There was a very weird feeling in the air too. Ugh.

I accomplished:

~ Chris Freytag 10 Minute Beginner Walking Workout
~ YWK Evening Yoga Movement Day 7, Evening Stretches
~ 5,904 steps

The Freytag was good - I've never worked out with her. I liked her personality and having a nice braindead short workout. It's just a teaser though, the rest of the channel is clips of workouts from Get Healthy U TV.

Summer Breeze, how did you make out with the storm? How are your young ones feeling?

Pam, eat something tropical for me!

Diane, I can imagine you being drowning in laundry. I am currently using a Fitbit Charge 4, it's kind of an addiction. I stopped wearing it for sleep tracking though - it was keeping me awake. :D

Donna, that Man Flow Spine Essentials sounds really good.

Ha ha, I've been wallowing around reading and really should do something constructive with the rest of my day off. :D Be safe everyone!

yogapam 01-08-22 01:08 AM

Today’s activities:
~Lunar Love Full Moon Yoga (The Yoga Witch YT)
~Lots of walking, racked up 23,000 steps.

Pat - I thought of you as we enjoyed some delicious fresh pineapple tonight! I’m sorry your grocery supply chain is not functioning, that’s rather disconcerting! :(

Diane - I must check out Bad Yogi!

Waves to Donna & summer breeze!

amoodygirl 01-08-22 06:27 AM

Good morning!

Not much to report. Two to three inches of snow yesterday - easy to deal with. We bought a new snow blower this year and Gerry is disappointed he hasn't gotten to use it yet - not me! I'd rather not get any major snow!

I'm buried in laundry. Christopher has early stage kidney failure (not surprising for a 17 year old cat) and for some reason or another, he keeps getting pee all over himself and his frequency has increased. So, since he uses washable wee wee pads, I'm doing laundry at least twice a day but yesterday was about 6 loads. Plus, I have to bathe him but early morning is a sponge bath, which isn't quite adequate. So, he lays on towels which also have to be washed. I've had 2 cats in the past who have had kidney disease and this is nothing new, except he is not mobile. He's doing the best he can, poor old bugger.

A.M. Workouts:
Shaun T Biceps, Shoulders and Triceps
30 minute treadmill run
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge (theme - free)

P.M. Workouts:
Gymbox Abs/Core
Bad Yogi's I Am Yoga Challenge with meditation (theme - confidence

Donna - I purchased Man Flow but haven't used it yet. Going to go there now to check it out. Hope the painting goes well and you love it!

Pat - Going to check out the FitBit Charge 4. I love Chris Freytag. I like her ACE Hiit series and her 10 pound slimdown series. All really well balanced!

Pam - Bad Yogi has some really good programs - well structured and thought out. And she's not overly chatty, which is one of my pet peeves!

Have a great day, everyone - waves to Summer Breeze!!!

summer breeze 01-08-22 10:16 AM

Hi all !!

About 4 or 5 inches here, not too bad at all.
My neighbor does the bulk of it with his snowblower thankfully but I went out to clean off the car and shovel the steps. My DD said she would do it and DS said he would come by today and do it for me but I wanted to test my luck since there wasn't too much. My back definitely started throbbing afterwards but I took some advil and rested and it was ok.

PAM, ah enjoy those tropical climes, you lucky lady! Great step totals!

DIANE, aw sorry about all the laundry for your poor guy. My friend who has been after me to meet up with her all week has just informed me she tested positive. Umm ok. Why were you going out and about when you were waiting on results from a covid test? She's a piece of work. Good thing I stuck to my guns.

DONNA, like you said you'll be happy when all these repairs/remodeling projects are done. Has your DD gotten her booster yet?
I'm sure you're not getting much guidance from the doctor. My back is slowly improving I think?? It's hard to tell because I'm really babying it so it feels ok until I do something then it flares up so who knows if it's really getting better or I'm just really being cautious. Maybe when this omicron calms down a bit I'll finally go to the dr.

PAT, that's crazy about the grocery store:eek:. I'm all for wallowing and reading a book, I do it a lot myself:p. Well so far my kids are ok *knock wood*. DD doesn't start back at work for another week.
DS said half his students are virtual and half in person. So he's teaching both at the same time while he himself has to be in person. I worry but he seems to be ok with it. It pays to be young I guess. LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

yogapam 01-09-22 01:37 AM

A quick fly by…. :sun:

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Jenny B’s live all standing
~Moon Salutations (Five Parks Yoga YT) :heart:
~300 meter swim - first time in the water in 2 years, it felt sooo good! I used my hand paddles for most of it so might feel my triceps tomorrow.
~Long walkabout, racked up over 15,000 steps

Summer breeze - I hope your back is okay after shoveling! Yikes, glad you stayed away from your friend, some people just don’t get it!

Waves to all!

amoodygirl 01-09-22 06:46 AM

Good morning!

All is well here. Expecting sleet, icy rain, some snow today. Looking outside I can see it's very icy and glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Yesterday's workout was:
Four sets of pushups
Bad Yogi Perfect Body Yoga Program (PBYP) week 1, day 4. A nice 30 minute backbend flow

I had hoped to get to more in the afternoon but life took over. Today's another day!

Summer Breeze - it's great to have good neighbors. We're always helping each other out here. Some of my neighbors are pretty elderly so we're always on the lookout to lend a hand if needed.

Pam - great workouts - hope you're enjoying!

That's it for now. Hey Donna and Pat!!! Have a wonderful day everyone!

donnamp 01-09-22 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday so I'll catch up today. I have been on an Ellen kick~

Saturday - Ellen - 4 Elements Flow; Yoga Mat Work

Sunday - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Affirmative Flow

I keep saying i need to do harder workouts, but I really find it hard to motivate myself to do so - so Ellen it is for now.

This coming week is likely going to be painting - probably towards the end of the week so I will have to make my workouts fit around the chaos. I'm glad to be getting this stuff done though - we postponed it for a long time - working from home makes it easier b/c I'm here to keep an eye on the dogs.

At some point I need to refresh my bathrooms and kitchen.

Diane - we just have some cold, miserable rain.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad the shoveling didn't set you back too far with the pain. My DD got her booster last week, I think on Wed. They were out of Pfizer so gave her the Moderna booster, she did well - a sore arms was all she had.

Pat - that is crazy about the grocery store - i just don't get it!! I like Chris Freytag, too.

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Pat58 01-09-22 01:10 PM

Good morning! Whew it was a cold one yesterday. I had a gym workout, 15 minutes treadmill then 50 minutes of weight machines and dumbbells. At home I did my own yin yoga practice. And 6,500 steps for the day.

I saw a fun idea, a friend on my other check-in started having a Margaret Monday. I'm going to copy that day and call it Margaret Moan Day! :D

Pam, yum there's nothing like pineapple fresh on the island. Please have some papaya soon and maybe a little guava cake, if you like that. The first time I tried it at the office, I thought "ew," but it grows on you.

Diane, yikes that's a lot of pads. I guess it's out of the question to ask a senior cat to wear a diaper, like a dog?

Summer Breeze, good thing the shoveling didn't hurt you too much. I hope you are okay today. It all froze up here - please be careful.

Good morning Donna, hope all is well by you.

donnamp 01-10-22 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Monday Morning Gentle Yoga and Affirmation - this is part of her new 7 day series - 15 min of yoga and 5 min meditation/affirmation. I did enjoy doing this today!

Yesterday for an add on I did the Walk and Stretch from Jessica's 4 Day Plan - I can't remember the name of the DVD - but it has Tred and Shred, HIIT, and a Core Workout. I enjoyed doing the 15 min cardio plus the 15 min stretch for some extra activity.

It is going to be cold here, YUCK!

And our painting work begins on Thursday - so I'll be planning my workouts around the chaos. It will be good to have it done.

Pat - I like that - Margaret Moan Day! LOL!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Donna

yogapam 01-10-22 12:18 PM

Good morning!

Yesterdays workouts:
~Non Stop Standing Flow (Bad Yogi YT)
~400 meter swim :love:
~2 long walks, 21,000 steps

Pat - We’ve been enjoying half a papaya with a squeeze of lime every morning for breakfast. So good! :yummy:

Diane - I enjoyed the Bad Yogi & will definitely look at more of her practices.

Donna - I am looking forward to Jessica’s new workouts, hopefully they’ll be released soon.

Waves to summer breeze!

Pat58 01-10-22 12:23 PM

Happy Moan Day! :D Yesterday featured:

~ Shakti Warrior class 10, Seal the Deal
~ YWK Liver & Gall Bladder Yin Yoga
~ 2,325 steps

It was another slug fest day. The cold must be doing it to me. We're going below zero this week. :(

Donna, I see you started on the new Kassandra challenge, thanks for the reminder!

Pam, I've never had lime juice on my papaya but it sounds good.

Good morning to Diane and Summer Breeze!

amoodygirl 01-10-22 05:34 PM

Hey everyone!

It is freakin' FRIGID here and tomorrow will be worse. These are the days I'm happy I don't have a dog and I so want one! Our driveway, albeit a short one by upstate standards, was totally iced over. And, of course, we were out of ice melt. I ran around last night until I found a store that had some - our local Price Chopper. I was so, so happy and the young man there was helping me fill up my cart. I told him to stop as I didn't want someone else searching for it to be as disappointed as I was until I got to Price Chopper! Ice SUCKS!

Workouts:
Sunday - Body Electric Series 1700, Show 1 (Bis, Tris, Obliques (did my own), Inner Thighs and Glutes)
Jenny Ford Montana Step and Weights
Bad Yogi's I Am Challenge - I Am Creative

Monday - Gilad Targeted 15 - Buns & Thighs
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Yoga Program - Total Body Balance

In the afternoon, I just did a Lesley 20 minute Yoga practice

Donna - I can deal with cold but cold, miserable rain is something else!

Pat - Margaret Moan Monday! LOL!!!! As far as a diaper is concerned, it won't work for an animal that has mobility. My friend's dog, Angel, is not mobile at all and she can wear her doggie diaper without any complaints. Christopher rolls and spins wherever he wants to go so a diaper won't work. But how I wish it would! He's almost back to 100% so I'm thankful for that! Tomorrow morning will be negative temps so we can commiserate on how awful winter is. I miss the spring, summer and fall and my bike rides!

Pam - I'm so glad you liked your Bad Yogi practice. I really like her but I didn't renew my yearly subscription this year just to give myself some other options. I have so many of her practices downloaded that I think I'll be good for at least 6 months. Then I may resub. We shall see!

Sending big hugs and waves to Summer Breeze!

Have a good night everyone! Off to the vet in the morning for our Cooper's yearly vaccines and check up. Thankfully a healthy visit!

donnamp 01-11-22 09:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I added on Jessica Valent's 15 min beginner workout for lower body. It was a very basic routine - squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and step ups - 10-12 reps, repeated 2X.

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Fun Walk w/ Light Weights (1/7/22 upload) & Daily Stretch

I hope to fit in something else today.

Pat - did you do Margaret Moan Day?

Diane- it is cold here as well, although probably not as bad as where you are!

Take care - gotta run today!!

Donna

amoodygirl 01-11-22 05:27 PM

When I tell you this is the tundra, I’m not kidding. Everything is frozen over and salting driveways and walkways has done nothing! We had to take Cooper to the vet this morning for his yearly and shots so I was happy to be able to get out of my garage without sliding down the driveway. I also took care of Angel (friend’s dog) and thankfully she wears a diaper because I tested the back steps where she does her business, assisted, and it was too icy for me. I didn’t want to chance falling with her in my arms. It doesn’t help that the house’s backyard faces north. Not a lot of sun and therefore a lot of ice!

Workouts:
Four sets of pushups

Body Electric Series 1800, Show 13 – in this show, MR seemed very, very lethargic. She started the show saying that this was Body Electric’s 18th year, and the entire show wouldn’t require any equipment and all exercises would be performed on the floor. Consisted of pushups, triceps (I did my own – I opted for dips), abs, and then quads and calves, which I didn’t do because the exercises didn’t seem very effective. Very strange!

Treadmill Run – 33 minutes.

Yoga – I chose the Gaiam production of Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Power With Giancarlo Stanton and did the 9 minute slow stretch.

In the afternoon I continued with the Gaiam dvd and did the Power, Strength & Movement segment. I was totally impressed that a big guy like Stanton (6’4”) and very muscled had so much flexibility. It helps he’s a NY Yankee (my team) and, pardon my rudeness, has the highest and tightest buns on the planet. I marvel at this every time he comes up to bat!

Have a great evening, everyone. We may be headed to the Berkshires tomorrow if it at least warms up into the 30s!