Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Which FitPrime is easier? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=218739)

little bird 02-04-17 09:23 AM

Which FitPrime is easier?

I know this has been talked about on here before, but I can't find the old thread. Are the original FitPrimes more difficult than the new ones? I have only done a few of the new ones :o, even though I have them all. I have about 5 of the old ones. I am trying to put together a rotation that makes sense.

Thanks in advance! :)
Laverne

toaster 02-04-17 09:46 AM

Laverne, if you do a tag search, you'll get a lot of results for fitprime:
http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=fitprime

(You could also try a tag search for whfn, the other name for the newer fitprimes.)

I think that the older Fitprimes are generally considered tougher than the newer WHFN (Women's Health & Fitness Network) Fitprimes.

little bird 02-04-17 10:01 AM

Quote:

I think that the older Fitprimes are generally considered tougher than the newer WHFN (Women's Health & Fitness Network) Fitprimes.
Thanks Beth, this is probably correct. It seems so from the few workouts of each that I have done.

Now this is thread is completely confusing:
https://www.truliantfcu.org/DebtConsolidation

Quote:

the kickbutts are remakes of her original Fitprime series.
Did she split the old FitPrimes into FitPrime & Kickbutts?

Garrie A. 02-04-17 10:09 AM

The WHFN FitPrimes are easier than the original FitPrimes. They are comprised of new material, with the exception of Upper Body Burn and Lower Body Burn, which also have some modified segments from the first three original FitPrimes (Weights First, Core First, and Up & Down). By modified segments, I mean the music is the same but the moves are different (dumbbells and yoga blocks used instead of barbells and medicine balls).

The KickButts are remakes of six original FitPrimes: Strong Bear, Fast Cheetah, Crunch Time, Floor Burn, Push Pull (a remake of the very hard-to-find From The Ground Up), and Steamin' Cardio. The ones that have the least amount of changes from their originals are Strong Bear, Push Pull, and Steamin' Cardio.

Hope this helps!

little bird 02-04-17 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2692165)
The WHFN FitPrimes are easier than the original FitPrimes. They are comprised of new material, with the exception of Upper Body Burn and Lower Body Burn, which also have some modified segments from the first three original FitPrimes (Weights First, Core First, and Up & Down).

The KickButts are remakes of six original FitPrimes: Strong Bear, Fast Cheetah, Crunch Time, Floor Burn, Push Pull (a remake of the very hard-to-find From The Ground Up), and Steamin' Cardio. The ones that have the least amount of changes from their originals are Strong Bear, Push Pull, and Steamin' Cardio.

Hope this helps!

Yes! :love:. Thank you so much. I knew there was someone on here with the information that I needed! :)

little bird 02-04-17 10:16 AM

Quote:

(a remake of the very hard-to-find From The Ground Up)
I have this one on a DVD with Crunch Time :D.

Garrie A. 02-04-17 10:46 AM

Laverne, lucky you! I do have a separate DVD of the Original Crunch Time. I've been waiting to find a good deal on the Combo DVD (on eBay and the Exchange--just to try the original FTGU), but most of the prices for it are outrageous. I'm happy with Push Pull, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and find a good deal or get an exchange offer for the original.

The instructors also differ from the originals vs. remake.
-Original Strong Bear (Tracie Long) vs. Remake (Keli Roberts)
-Original Fast Cheetah (Tracie Long) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner & Kimberly Spreen)
-Original Crunch Time (Susan Harris) vs. Remake (Tamela Hastie)
-Original Floor Burn (Susan Harris) vs. Remake (Tamela Hastie)
-Original From The Ground Up (Heidi Tanner) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner and Kimberly Spreen, Heidi does the warmup, cool down, and strength work while Kimberly does the cardio segments).
-Original Steamin' Cardio (Kelsie Daniels) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner)

Here are some brief comparisons of the Original FitPrimes vs. KickButts (remakes).
-Main differences with both Strong Bears is the remake reps are even on both sides. Also, the post-warmup stretch is before the floorwork in the remake.
-For Fast Cheetah, warmup and floorwork are the same for both (except for the post-warmup warrior stretch), but the medicine ball cardio segments in the original are replaced with low-impact cardio in the remake. There is als only one set of handstands in the remake (vs. two in the original).
-The remake of Crunch Time is a watered-down version of the original, but has more impact. Some segments are also missing. The floor work is now done after the warmup, and the last 10 minutes or so is an "Ashtanga Yoga Series" that isn't really Ashtanga.
-I haven't done, but have previewed both Floor Burns. The original has arm movements done with the lower body work, but the remake has the arm movements eliminated. Tamela's also has more Yoga and Pilates influence. Both workouts are done barefoot.
-From what I've read, Push Pull is almost exactly the same as FTGU, but the cardio segments are slightly tweaked.
-Both Steamin' Cardios are exactly the same, just with a different instructor.

Titus2woman 02-04-17 02:21 PM

I always wanted to try the ones that Anna did herself, as I thought it would be an easier start, AND I love her! Are those still available? I have a couple of FitPrimes, but it's been so long since I've done them that I don't remember what they are! :(

little bird 02-04-17 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2692175)
Laverne, lucky you! I do have a separate DVD of the Original Crunch Time. I've been waiting to find a good deal on the Combo DVD (on eBay and the Exchange--just to try the original FTGU), but most of the prices for it are outrageous. I'm happy with Push Pull, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and find a good deal or get an exchange offer for the original.

The instructors also differ from the originals vs. remake.
-Original Strong Bear (Tracie Long) vs. Remake (Keli Roberts)
-Original Fast Cheetah (Tracie Long) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner & Kimberly Spreen)
-Original Crunch Time (Susan Harris) vs. Remake (Tamela Hastie)
-Original Floor Burn (Susan Harris) vs. Remake (Tamela Hastie)
-Original From The Ground Up (Heidi Tanner) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner and Kimberly Spreen, Heidi does the warmup, cool down, and strength work while Kimberly does the cardio segments).
-Original Steamin' Cardio (Kelsie Daniels) vs. Remake (Heidi Tanner)

Here are some brief comparisons of the Original FitPrimes vs. KickButts (remakes).
-Main differences with both Strong Bears is the remake reps are even on both sides. Also, the post-warmup stretch is before the floorwork in the remake.
-For Fast Cheetah, warmup and floorwork are the same for both (except for the post-warmup warrior stretch), but the medicine ball cardio segments in the original are replaced with low-impact cardio in the remake. There is als only one set of handstands in the remake (vs. two in the original).
-The remake of Crunch Time is a watered-down version of the original, but has more impact. Some segments are also missing. The floor work is now done after the warmup, and the last 10 minutes or so is an "Ashtanga Yoga Series" that isn't really Ashtanga.
-I haven't done, but have previewed both Floor Burns. The original has arm movements done with the lower body work, but the remake has the arm movements eliminated. Tamela's also has more Yoga and Pilates influence. Both workouts are done barefoot.
-From what I've read, Push Pull is almost exactly the same as FTGU, but the cardio segments are slightly tweaked.
-Both Steamin' Cardios are exactly the same, just with a different instructor.

Thank you so much! I want to use my FitPrimes/KIckbutts and not just use the Firms. I have decided to use 3 a week and whatever else I feel like doing. It will include some yoga. The Firms and yoga are my favorites. I am starting with Just Right/Flex Posture and MetaBoost.

little bird 02-04-17 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus2woman (Post 2692227)
I always wanted to try the ones that Anna did herself, as I thought it would be an easier start, AND I love her! Are those still available? I have a couple of FitPrimes, but it's been so long since I've done them that I don't remember what they are! :(

Just Right is Anna and it is a great one to start with. She has another one but it is DVR (I don't want to invest in a DVR). I bought Just Right at Total Fitness most recent sale for cheap. I don't remember how much it cost but it was cheap.

ETA: I just checked my account, it was $1.99 at her last sale, it is $16,99 now.