Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best Firms (or others) for Leg Press (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211136)

fidget012 06-28-15 08:36 PM

Best Firms (or others) for Leg Press

Hi everyone!

The Firm "signature" leg presses are literally the ONLY thing that firms up my thighs.

What Firms or other workouts would you say have the best leg press combinations?

I have Tough Tape & Standing Legs, but I need a little more variety.

I've tried doing leg presses on my own, but I just can't. I need to see someone on TV suffering along with me. :D

Thanks in advance to all my vidiot friends!

Susan

firmbogie 06-28-15 08:41 PM

I don't know how much variety you can get. Volume 6 of the classics has quite a few.

muddjeansgal 06-28-15 09:02 PM

I think some of the newer Firms have different foot placement when doing leg presses (like a tap or side lift, etc.), not sure about this though. I keep thinking it is one of Nancy's workouts.

acescholar 06-29-15 05:38 AM

I love leg presses, and these are my favorite workouts:

1) Cathe:

Muscle Endurance has 6 sets (3 rounds of 2 sets) of leg presses--it also has a short premix with just the leg presses

Legs & Glutes (from Body Blast Series) has two sets (1x2) in the main workout, but I always do "Leg Press Mania" premix which has 6 sets (3x2)

High Step Training (Advanced) has 6 sets (also has a premix with just leg presses)

Leaner Legs (aka Meaner Legs, from Cross Train Set) has 2 or 3

There are other Cathe workouts with one or two sets (eg. STS leg workouts have some interspersed; High Step Challenge has a couple)

2) ZWOW #63 has several sets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxWn2NYc-hs

3) Classic Firm Vol. 5 (I only have this on vhs, and I really don't like the warm up--so I don't do this very often)

Littlepoecat 06-29-15 06:54 AM

I think most pre-giam had them in it.
Firm classics: Vol 3, 5 & 6
Firm Cardio & Firm Strength (2 of my personal favorites)
Super Sculpting ( a compilation so it had quite a few)
Maximum Body shaping
TT2
Lower body split
I think bust & Butt had quite a few but it has been a while since I did this one.

I am a classics girl so I don’t know as much about the modern ones.
The first couple sets of good times called leg presses the firm signature move in order to get us all to buy the fanny lifter. So they probably have a lot of leg presses in them.

cherimac 06-29-15 07:39 AM

Death by leg press=Standing Legs! When I was a Firmie my favorite was BSS1 Body Sculpt. Tough but I didn't feel like I would die. I also liked Tough Tape 2 and Firm Strength.

superfit41 06-29-15 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddjeansgal (Post 2544336)
I think some of the newer Firms have different foot placement when doing leg presses (like a tap or side lift, etc.), not sure about this though. I keep thinking it is one of Nancy's workouts.

Possibly Super Sculpting. I remember that in some of the Pre- GT Firms, they would sometimes lower the leg to the side of the FL, instead of directly behind. I always preferred directly behind. Leg Press is very effective, no doubt!
Sherry:)

Lucky Star 06-29-15 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepoecat (Post 2544378)
I think most pre-giam had them in it.
Firm classics: Vol 3, 5 & 6
Firm Cardio & Firm Strength (2 of my personal favorites)
Super Sculpting ( a compilation so it had quite a few)
Maximum Body shaping
TT2
Lower body split
I think bust & Butt had quite a few but it has been a while since I did this one.

Fwiw, Volume 3 introduced the leg press and has very few of them (that's why I like it! :D) and *I believe* Bust & Butt has no leg presses at all (I may be wrong).

Jane P. 06-29-15 10:39 AM

BSS 1 Lower Body Sculpt 1 has leg presses where you pulse three times before doing the full lift. It has 3 sets if I remember correctly. I haven't done it in a long time because I hurt my knee (not doing leg presses). I always liked it because it got all those Firm standing moves done in the shortest amount of time.

I do remember a paper workout from Oxygen where the fitness pro said she did 4 sets of 25 leg presses in her leg workout. She did the same amount of squats, deadlifts and lunges. I don't think any dvd workout shows that many.

wendug 06-29-15 02:40 PM

You should give the Firm's Jiggle Free Buns a try. It is a shorter workout at 35 minutes and led by Pam Cauthen Meriwether. My booty and legs do get a nice workout with this one. This is a good alternative if you aren't quite up to doing Standing Legs, but want to do leg presses!