Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Instead of yoga, should I do Bendy Body? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=215054)

videofit 03-23-16 02:30 PM

Instead of yoga, should I do Bendy Body?

I need more flexibility and was thinking of buying this DVD. The video clip looks good. I would buy directly from Kristina's website though because for the same price you also get streaming access.

DejaDeb 03-24-16 09:40 AM

I have Bendy Body, and I find it to be a very thorough stretch. :)

kittybug 03-24-16 10:06 AM

After doing mostly yoga for the last many years, I've had to give it up completely while nursing some injuries. I just watched the clip for this and cannot, cannot, cannot THANK you enough for posting about this. This looks like exactly what I need to fill that hole missing without my yoga, the bonus being it will not irritate the injuries I have. THANK YOU!!! :heart:

horusosiris 03-24-16 11:09 AM

Bendy Body is an excellent stretch routine. It is one of my most used Stretch routines. You may also like TangoFlex.

desie 03-24-16 03:11 PM

I have this workout, and find I dread it. If you are missing some flexibility because your opposing muscle groups aren't strong enough, there is a lot of work for you to do in each pose. It's not relaxing. She shows you how to get dynamic flexibility, that is, being strong enough to lift and/or support your limbs/weight in a stretched position. But I trust her and she is extremely thorough in making sure you understand about alignment and how to work towards better alignment and not cheat by twisting or caving in. I need discipline to do this workout, it sits on my shelf. Instead, I will put on Get Bent, which to me seems easier because she is focused on 3 goals and I can see myself working on each goal in turn and not suffer as much with the process.

kittybug 03-24-16 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desie (Post 2622234)
I have this workout, and find I dread it. If you are missing some flexibility because your opposing muscle groups aren't strong enough, there is a lot of work for you to do in each pose. It's not relaxing. She shows you how to get dynamic flexibility, that is, being strong enough to lift and/or support your limbs/weight in a stretched position. But I trust her and she is extremely thorough in making sure you understand about alignment and how to work towards better alignment and not cheat by twisting or caving in. I need discipline to do this workout, it sits on my shelf. Instead, I will put on Get Bent, which to me seems easier because she is focused on 3 goals and I can see myself working on each goal in turn and not suffer as much with the process.

I'm so sorry you feel this way (oy, I too have SO many DVDs that sit due to dread factor!!), but what you said is SO informative as far as what I'm looking for, which is exactly this, LOL! :o Thank you for taking the time to post that. I ordered this workout already!!

Joni O 03-24-16 03:56 PM

The Bendy Body clips look good, but I really don't like voiceovers. Maybe I'll try it anyway. Get Bent looks tougher to me.

dbclark44 03-24-16 04:57 PM

Thanks for posting this. I ordered it too. I love love stretching workouts.

videofit 03-24-16 05:31 PM

Quote:

If you are missing some flexibility because your opposing muscle groups aren't strong enough, there is a lot of work for you to do in each pose. It's not relaxing. She shows you how to get dynamic flexibility, that is, being strong enough to lift and/or support your limbs/weight in a stretched position. But I trust her and she is extremely thorough in making sure you understand about alignment and how to work towards better alignment and not cheat by twisting or caving in. I need discipline to do this workout, it sits on my shelf. Instead, I will put on Get Bent, which to me seems easier because she is focused on 3 goals

Get Bent is actually harder, according to Kristina so I got Bendy Body cuz she described it as a workout that you should be tired after doing, not a relaxing stretch. Just what I want!

Demeris 03-24-16 06:02 PM

Quote:

I have this workout, and find I dread it. If you are missing some flexibility because your opposing muscle groups aren't strong enough, there is a lot of work for you to do in each pose. It's not relaxing. She shows you how to get dynamic flexibility, that is, being strong enough to lift and/or support your limbs/weight in a stretched position. But I trust her and she is extremely thorough in making sure you understand about alignment and how to work towards better alignment and not cheat by twisting or caving in. I need discipline to do this workout, it sits on my shelf.

This.